Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
Outfit Marketplace is up. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikari Zari

Friendly Explorer

9,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:21 pm
Silas Manner
Jazzygirl20
90mil for an avi with starter clothes. Awesome. I have to buy that. rolleyes

Sometimes you can get a bargain. My friend told me there was an outfit for like 150k and the items were 400k. If I saw it I'd buy it. lol
User Imagex o x o x o There was someone in Site Feedback that made a thread with examples of scams he saw in there. Ones that even had me fooled...
Until there's a mandatory Equipped List on those avatars for sale, I won't touch that place with a 9 foot pole as a buyer.User Image

Good point. It's hard to know the items and prices without seeing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:23 pm
Jazzygirl20
Silas Manner
Jazzygirl20

Sometimes you can get a bargain. My friend told me there was an outfit for like 150k and the items were 400k. If I saw it I'd buy it. lol
User Imagex o x o x o There was someone in Site Feedback that made a thread with examples of scams he saw in there. Ones that even had me fooled...
Until there's a mandatory Equipped List on those avatars for sale, I won't touch that place with a 9 foot pole as a buyer.User Image

Good point. It's hard to know the items and prices without seeing it.

User Imagex o x o x o On a side note, I got my Megathread achievement! Doesn't cure my hunger though.
Hopefully as the OM gets out of its beta stages it will have better features...and won't be a home to scams galore.
User Image

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

xRiie

Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm
I think the outfits marketplace was not a brilliant idea but I mean it could help some people i guess that don't have ideas or are looking for a specific item that can match with others o: Then again, there are people overpricing soo much when their outfit costs nothing :<  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 am
Kitty_Katz8
I think the outfits marketplace was not a brilliant idea but I mean it could help some people i guess that don't have ideas or are looking for a specific item that can match with others o: Then again, there are people overpricing soo much when their outfit costs nothing :<

User Imagex o x o x o Yeah ):
I mean, we have Tektek shops all over the place.
At least people who want to sell an item in bulk can use it. Nobody's really touching it because of the scams though. There is no excuse for not having a mandatory equipped and price list on these.

'Artistic Merit' when selling avatars is a complete JOKE whether scams are involved or not. User Image

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

xRiie

Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 pm
Silas Manner
Kitty_Katz8

At least people who want to sell an item in bulk can use it. Nobody's really touching it because of the scams though. There is no excuse for not having a mandatory equipped and price list on these.

'Artistic Merit' when selling avatars is a complete JOKE whether scams are involved or not. User Image

xD yah D: have they added the equippied list and stuff yet or no o_o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 pm
Jazzygirl20

Yes, there are some bargain items for sale. You just have to look. ^^  

kadesha

Indebted Hero

12,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm
Kitty_Katz8
Silas Manner
Kitty_Katz8

User Imagex o x o x o I'm not sure. This thread is updated whenever issues are found and responds to feedback. Edy says in the first post that there will be an option to view an equipped list but it's only if the seller chooses to have it.

Even if they don't make it mandatory, I have a feeling that those that don't have it will not sell many outfits, and they'll have to list them if they want sales. It's like selling an item for 400k, but no one buys it, so you sell it for 350k and then someone does buy it. (:
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 pm
Silas Manner
Kitty_Katz8
Silas Manner
Kitty_Katz8

User Imagex o x o x o I'm not sure. This thread is updated whenever issues are found and responds to feedback. Edy says in the first post that there will be an option to view an equipped list but it's only if the seller chooses to have it.

Even if they don't make it mandatory, I have a feeling that those that don't have it will not sell many outfits, and they'll have to list them if they want sales. It's like selling an item for 400k, but no one buys it, so you sell it for 350k and then someone does buy it. (:
User Image

xD oh well i dont really go there much anyways xD i only checked it like once when it opened and like another time to see if there was any cheap stuff ;D  

xRiie

Sentai

Hipstorian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 am
Silas Manner
BunnyAteMyCookies
Tbh i prefer buyin items separately and makin my own outfit for my avi its more fun to mix and match stuff i think...

User Image
Same here. It's a wonder why Gaia devs even made this, especially since it took 2 months longer than they expected.

I actually thought it was a good idea, especially because there are plenty of people on Gaia who have terrible tastes. It makes perfect sense to price it higher that it's worth if it's well done; it's kind of like buying a Tektek in the Forums and the avatar's items in one spot, y'know?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 am
I like it and I don't. I agree people overprice outfits, but they've been doing it to items in the MP for years. Some people just get greedy and inflate or over inflate prices. I like it because I've made a lot of money for my quest. I price reasonably though and don't use the starter items haha. I do like the Pirate Vests though. Cheap but cute.  

Tainted and Jaded

The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces