• Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:00 am
DJ Trouble
Philosophy In A Teacup
DJ Trouble
*tagged*

Not until after P:N is open. That way, the contest can really be just a shameless plug.

[late reaction]Do we have no shame?[/late reaction]

I'll make a completely uneducated, informed guess and say because school gets out and you'll have no excuses and no "real" distractions.

Oh wow! Around June? Craziness! Okay, I should have some spare gold laying around by then.

Nope. Though I do get out around late May, that's not the reason. :3

Neth__Alrighty. I guess I better go buy a kimono now so I can start saving up, or else I'll never get it in time for something. x3

Okibi__Well... You could, if you wanted. Just don't count on getting any prizes. : P

Ish__XD That's a good excuse: I'm not making too many threads! Everyone else just isn't making enough! But I'm surprized you haven't claimed that the contest is going to try to sell people AYE-OH-HELL PR0N...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 am
And if you're wondering, here are the two catagories and some of the sub-catagories I'm considering:

OOC (Avatar)~
    +Best OOC
    + Best Traditional (crayons, oil paints, pencil, ect)
    + Best Graphic (computer rendered)
    + Best Color
    + Best Black And White
    + Best Chibi
    + Best Group

IC (RP character)~
    + Best IC
    + Best Traditional
    + Best Graphic
    + Best Color
    + Best B&W
    + Best Chibi
    + Best Representation of Character
    + Best Couple (muwahaha)
    + Best Group

And then there'll be a Best In Show for the piece that pwns all other pieces and maybe about one or two Honorable Mentions for each catagory.

What do y'all think? Need more catagories? Need to take some off?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:01 am
Philosophy In A Teacup
*bombed cause I'm malicious
eaten cause you're delicious
waiting to feel up Neth
yeah, a brother wishes*

I have to go, but I will be back!

Edit!: There are no fun categories! That should change. Best boobs, most perverted, best grope, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:03 am
I don't know if we need B&W and color split up... =|

I'd enter, definitely, because I will jump up at any chance to improve my art and draw on request. I'm not sure if I posted. I have a distinct memory that I did but I can't find my post. So yes. =D

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:30 am
DJ Trouble
I have to go, but I will be back!

Edit!: There are no fun categories! That should change. Best boobs, most perverted, best grope, etc.

Zomg. Those are genius. XD

But knowing the tendancies of the members, all the Best Boob pictures would be of Neth, the Best Grope pictures would showcase me/female Bo or Alexa-sama/Drake, and Most Perved would be a tie between Neth and Bo.

But that's a great idea! Fun, little mini-catagories for prizes like Donation Letters and a few thousand gold.

Kouri__Well, they're not the official catagories. Just a few I named off to cover bases, since in the Art Contests forum, they advise to have as many, diverse catagories as you're able to give everyone a chance. But if others think the same way, or we end up spreading our gold too thin, they'd probably be the first to go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:55 am
Most perverted artwork? Ohgodsno. My brain would probably melt when it came time for the judging to go all down.

Still, there's a distinct and artful line between pervy, which we'd permit, and pr0n, which we wouldn't (I'm guessing). Watching people toe the line could be fun.

And thirty gold says, when all this is said and done, I STILL won't have any art of Golem. Xp  

oGolem

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:16 am
Golem OTCT
*bombed*

Nonsense, I'm stashing at least 2K for the best Golem prize just for you.

We could always push the categories toward art done of us regulars . . . like what I'm doing to guarantee Golem gets at least one picture.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:06 am
Golem OTCT
Most perverted artwork? Ohgodsno. My brain would probably melt when it came time for the judging to go all down.

Still, there's a distinct and artful line between pervy, which we'd permit, and pr0n, which we wouldn't (I'm guessing). Watching people toe the line could be fun.

And thirty gold says, when all this is said and done, I STILL won't have any art of Golem. Xp

We could always not close the contest until every subject has at least one picture. There'd be group pictures, too, and knowing people, the Champion and her Elites (OOC/IC) would probably be a popular theme.

DJ__Indeed. When we go to choose the subjects, I'm gonna make an announcement, saying that any regular who wants to be one [a subject] had better post. Since we have/will have eleven mods as subjects, I'd probably only take nine regulars, depending on how big of a prize pool we have (as it is, this thing is going to be HUGE).

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Cocoon Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:10 pm
HOLY CRAP, I -have- been scatterbrained lately! Ah, well, for the lack of AOHELL Pr0N:

Nuuu! Not teh pervvy category! gonk
You're being brainwashed by AOHELL, aren't ye? ;-;  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:31 pm
Quote:
+ PD art contest? Cool or insane?
+ If we did it, would you donate to the prize pool, even if you might not be one of the subjects to draw?
+ Would you enter, even though you probably wouldn't win a prize 'cause you're part of the guild to begin with?
+ Have you ever hosted an art contest?
+ What about participate in one? Did you place?
+ Freebie arts and how we all want 'em.
+ Has Alexa made too made threads lately?

Cool.
Yes.
No.
No.
No.
Pink Zaku? ninja
42. domokun  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:47 pm
Ishrie
HOLY CRAP, I -have- been scatterbrained lately! Ah, well, for the lack of AOHELL Pr0N:

Nuuu! Not teh pervvy category! gonk
You're being brainwashed by AOHELL, aren't ye? ;-;

Yes the perv catagories! This guild runs on perviness. : D As for the AYE-OH-HELL, you bet. of course not!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:28 pm
Hmmmm, nine huh? Well, though it's early . . . *sticks DJ Trouble flag into thread* . . . I unofficially claim a spot. Let it be known throughout the guild that DJ Trouble has spoken! [/bigheadedstupidness] *runs off* ninja  

DJ Trouble

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:39 pm
DJ Trouble
Hmmmm, nine huh? Well, though it's early . . . *sticks DJ Trouble flag into thread* . . . I unofficially claim a spot. Let it be known throughout the guild that DJ Trouble has spoken! [/bigheadedstupidness] *runs off* ninja

XD

If you were anyone else, DJ...

The other eight, though, the mods'll probably vote on. It'd be so easy for me to say that I'd choose them myself, but this is a group effort and I'm just an Elite, so that'd be unfair. xP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:21 pm
Philosophy In A Teacup
DJ Trouble

XD

If you were anyone else, DJ...

The other eight, though, the mods'll probably vote on. It'd be so easy for me to say that I'd choose them myself, but this is a group effort and I'm just an Elite, so that'd be unfair. xP

What?! That actually worked? Awesomeness!!!!*clears throat* Well my week has just been made. heart Thank you.  

DJ Trouble

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:58 am
DJ Trouble
What?! That actually worked? Awesomeness!!!!*clears throat* Well my week has just been made. heart Thank you.

Why not? You're one of my favorite recruits from the New Year's Eve thread. :3  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff