Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Expectations on the Remake? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:25 pm
What I'd really like them to do is digitally insert Douglas into the bar scene. You know, for a touch of nostalgia. Tribute.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:29 am
If the movie makers go all out in special effects and trying to make it as real as possible, they fail...

The whole magic of the Hitchiker's Guide is that Douglas Adams was trying to write as cheesily as possible...He admitted it somewhere, I don't remember where. eek

Seeing how it's Disney, they might go all out in order to boost their ratings...Little do they know they will faiill!!! twisted  

Syllie

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:32 pm
Spike_Theta
What I'd really like them to do is digitally insert Douglas into the bar scene. You know, for a touch of nostalgia. Tribute.

That...is...THE greatest idea I've ever heard. That would be the greatest tribute to the man ever. Someone should write them a letter before it's too late.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:13 pm
Douglas Adams wrote the original script. It can't not be good. Besides, I'm happy with what they've presented to us so far.  

GrandScheme

Yuuki Gunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:20 pm
Syllie
If the movie makers go all out in special effects and trying to make it as real as possible, they fail...

The whole magic of the Hitchiker's Guide is that Douglas Adams was trying to write as cheesily as possible...He admitted it somewhere, I don't remember where. eek

Seeing how it's Disney, they might go all out in order to boost their ratings...Little do they know they will faiill!!! twisted

ok first:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30473

Second: DNA wasn't trying to write cheesily, he was trying to make a satirical Radio Program. He was making a satire of Sci Fi books (Deep Thought is just like Microvac or AC in Asimov's story "The Last Question"), movies (Many a sci fi movie is made fun of via, the babel fish) and shows (Doctor Who mostly, infact Doctor Who was the insperation for much of HHGG, and he took some characters and plots for his later things, such as Dirk Gently, from his Doctor Who Scripts).

Third: DISNEY IS ONLY DISTRUPITING IT!! They have no creative control over it at all. In fact, Spyglass Entertainment was funding the production the entire time. Spyglass is a affilate of Disney, yes, that justs meens Disney makes Spyglass's paycheck.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:16 pm
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta

That...is...THE greatest idea I've ever heard. That would be the greatest tribute to the man ever. Someone should write them a letter before it's too late.

Either that, or they could swipe the scene about "even the trees were a mistake and we should never have left the ocean". xd

Seriously, I think I'll register over at imdb.com and drop a thread in the HHGG message board, I bet someone there can take care of the fine details. Fun reading over there...that's where I got the idea of wearing those Swedish gummi fish in my ear. whee Also funny was a suggestion that the marketing department would find a way to blow up the Earth on Thursday, April 27, by way of promotion. xd  

Yuki-Onna Reed

GrandScheme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:31 pm
Spike_Theta
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta

Either that, or they could swipe the scene about "even the trees were a mistake and we should never have left the ocean". xd

Seriously, I think I'll register over at imdb.com and drop a thread in the HHGG message board, I bet someone there can take care of the fine details. Fun reading over there...that's where I got the idea of wearing those Swedish gummi fish in my ear. whee Also funny was a suggestion that the marketing department would find a way to blow up the Earth on Thursday, April 27, by way of promotion. xd

I don't think any of the people who really work on the movie visit and/or take suggestions from the people on imdb.com. So far I've only seen frauds there, anyway.
Plus, considering how much seems finished in the trailer, I don't think they could really throw in any more details at this point, especially since the movie's set to release in less than two months...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:36 am
Yeah, but it is a wider audience, and those people are gonna tell other people, and those people are gonna tell other people, and eventually it's gonna reach the right people. Because I'm too lazy to track down who, exactly, are the right people myself. xp

Actually, I'm too lazy to even go over there and register, much less post. So I guess the idea dies here.

But still, they should have done it. gonk  

Yuki-Onna Reed

GrandScheme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:49 pm
Meh. I don't know -- I don't even think it would be a good idea, legally, for them to take a fan's suggestion. It could result in a law suit. It would have been nice, but I don't think we could have gotten it to "the right people".  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:56 am
GrandScheme
Meh. I don't know -- I don't even think it would be a good idea, legally, for them to take a fan's suggestion. It could result in a law suit. It would have been nice, but I don't think we could have gotten it to "the right people".

Not this fan's idea! I wouldn't sue them, I'd love them and squeeze them and buy them fried chicken! blaugh

Oh well. It's their own fault for not thinking of it first I guess. xp  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Static Panda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:23 pm
Well..
When the book was describing the girl, Trillan.. Or.. Trillian.. I forget, anyway, when it was discribing her, didnt it say she was tan?

The movie does not have her as a tan woman. Damnit. I wanted a hot tan woman, like the one I imagined in my mind as I read.

Also, I imagined him with two heads on both sides. Side by side. Not two faces on one head. Wtf is that?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:06 pm
I think it's more likely that the original Tricia (The trillian-tricia, not the newscaster-tricia) was not tan... I would have to look it up... but she was a super-smart Astrophysicist for Adams' sake... People that smart don't know what the sun is (beyond being a gaseous flaming mass to look at in telescopes)! even people that are just kinda geeky don't know what the sun is!

i kid, i kid. i'm one of those geeky people who never sees daylight when she doesn't have to, anyway.  

Marisynos

demoneyesdeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:23 pm
They do have another 5 books to get it right on. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:16 pm
DemonEyesDeeper
They do have another 5 books to get it right on. <3

I read in an article that though there are 5 other books, they'll only make at most 2 more if any.  

Tinnumir

Yuuki Gunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:15 pm
What some of you are forgetting is that if the movie if a movie version of the book then they lose entiraly, but it won't be. There will be more vogon related plot, and some new stuff. Look, every incarnation of the Guide is different, it as never been done the same way twice, do some research on this. Read the book, watch the miniseries, listen to the radio show, and play the game before you go see the movie. There all different! It's apsurd to think that your view of Marvin will be in the movie, who cares if Zaphod's second head is under his neck? No one should, take this movie and a continuation of a tradtion, not a remake. It can't be a remake if it's never been done before. And when it comes as a movie, follow what the Guide says in those large, Friendly Letters and: Don't Panic.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games