Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Wicca ! Any one interested? Read here. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:54 pm
Underworld Priestess
Silver Ravenwolf is a terrible author and I will not even get into what I think of her as a person. While she has the basics in her books, that is about all that is useful in them. She spouts off hate about Christianity, she tells children to lie to their parents and her historical "facts" are mostly in her own imagination.

.... really..? o.O i've only ever purchased one book of hers and rescenty read on her book.. 'solitary witch' ..

o_O didnt really know she was like that tho...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:01 pm
Lehavre
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

Let me just clear this off. if your a TRUE witch. you would know that anything you do to some one. wether it be Harm or do Good. will come back to you Three-fold.

Umm, excuse me but not all TRUE witches buy this idea. Some do and some do not and I find it rather insulting that your post seems to assume that you are only a true witch follows such. Some believe in karma, some the three-fold law and some neither. It doesn't make them any less of a witch if they don't. Also, Wiccan doesn't mean Witch, just like if you are a Witch it doesn't mean you are a Wiccan.
I don't usually like to argue with people, however, Wicca is a fertility based religion and Ravynne is correct on that fact.
I would suggest you talk to an initiated Wiccan for the facts because this thread is lacking in them.
One more thing, don't believe every book that you read, most authors are out there just for fame and money.

True true. but the three -fold law is karma. and its ok to have disagreements. we each learn from it. i dont necessarily see it as a fertility religion because its not really what i grew up learning. and like i said. alot of wiccans may or may not agree with me. and not all books are just out there for the fame. because even Silver Ravenwolf the famous wiccan author has said the same. its bad to use wicca for bad. and it does make you a bad person for using wicca to mess with some ones free-will. wich is why i say i prefer some one who is interested in wicca to go by the wiccan rede and harm none. after all getting something back three times isnt the best when its bad.
Karma is not the threefold law. Karma is the good and bad that are cultivated in the past and present lives. The Threefold law is an instruction to either pay something forward positively or negatively three times.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:03 pm
Lehavre
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

Let me just clear this off. if your a TRUE witch. you would know that anything you do to some one. wether it be Harm or do Good. will come back to you Three-fold.

Umm, excuse me but not all TRUE witches buy this idea. Some do and some do not and I find it rather insulting that your post seems to assume that you are only a true witch follows such. Some believe in karma, some the three-fold law and some neither. It doesn't make them any less of a witch if they don't. Also, Wiccan doesn't mean Witch, just like if you are a Witch it doesn't mean you are a Wiccan.
I don't usually like to argue with people, however, Wicca is a fertility based religion and Ravynne is correct on that fact.
I would suggest you talk to an initiated Wiccan for the facts because this thread is lacking in them.
One more thing, don't believe every book that you read, most authors are out there just for fame and money.

True true. but the three -fold law is karma. and its ok to have disagreements. we each learn from it. i dont necessarily see it as a fertility religion because its not really what i grew up learning. and like i said. alot of wiccans may or may not agree with me. and not all books are just out there for the fame. because even Silver Ravenwolf the famous wiccan author has said the same. its bad to use wicca for bad. and it does make you a bad person for using wicca to mess with some ones free-will. wich is why i say i prefer some one who is interested in wicca to go by the wiccan rede and harm none. after all getting something back three times isnt the best when its bad.
I'm going to point out that Silver Ravenwolf is not Wiccan. She actually lied about being a Wiccan and cannot be vouched.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:05 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

I'm going to point out that Silver Ravenwolf is not Wiccan. She actually lied about being a Wiccan and cannot be vouched.

....What is she then ._.
cause all this time.. i thought she was wiccan.. e_e  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

....What is she then ._.
She's a liar that makes a profit off of poor kids trying to get out of being brought up Christian :s  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Underworld Priestess
Lehavre

....What is she then ._.
She's a liar that makes a profit off of poor kids trying to get out of being brought up Christian :s

....you kinda make me wanna throw out the rescent book i purchased of her.. e_e  

Reignos

OG Gaian

8,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:50 pm
i like learning about religions and this seems interesting  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 pm
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre

....What is she then ._.

Is it too late to request a refund? I'd hate to see her get the royalities from it. If you can't get a refund, I say go ahead and read it so you can see what we are talking about.  

Underworld Priestess

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 pm
Silver Ravenwolf is an eclectic Wiccan. Cross-reference her material with other sources, but most of it is pretty solid if you're just going for an eclectic magical practice with few religious connotations. Even if what you're after is religion then do what feels right to you. You're probably going to get a lot of people bitching at you about religious or cultural "misappropriation" and "culture rape" and bullshit like that but just do you and to hell with everyone else. If it works for you then it works.

Inb4 argument over eclectic Wicca not being Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am
Obscurus
Silver Ravenwolf is an eclectic Wiccan. Cross-reference her material with other sources, but most of it is pretty solid if you're just going for an eclectic magical practice with few religious connotations. Even if what you're after is religion then do what feels right to you. You're probably going to get a lot of people bitching at you about religious or cultural "misappropriation" and "culture rape" and bullshit like that but just do you and to hell with everyone else. If it works for you then it works.

Her practice is not Wicca and never way. If anything it's more of a water downed practice of neo-paganism. She has never been a Wiccan and never will be. She ultimately lies about her credentials and makes up 95% of the book she writes. If anything she'd do better as a fictional author than some proposed matron of so called Eclectic Wicca. Even though what she calls her practice witchcraft, instead of Wicca per To Ride a Silver Broomstick. That being said she is a very talented artist and could probably make a better profit either selling that art or making her own comic book series. The world needs more pagan/witch comics. As well as more female comic book artists. Screw you Stan Lee >.>  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 am
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre
Ravynne Sidhe
Lehavre

....What is she then ._.

Do what I do. Anytime she says something questionable that has otherwise been debunked or not verified as to be true or is just plain ******** up, highlight it and make note of the corrections. If you're still interested in Wicca, read Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:51 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Obscurus

Her practice is not Wicca and never way. If anything it's more of a water downed practice of neo-paganism. She has never been a Wiccan and never will be. She ultimately lies about her credentials and makes up 95% of the book she writes. If anything she'd do better as a fictional author than some proposed matron of so called Eclectic Wicca. Even though what she calls her practice witchcraft, instead of Wicca per To Ride a Silver Broomstick. That being said she is a very talented artist and could probably make a better profit either selling that art or making her own comic book series. The world needs more pagan/witch comics. As well as more female comic book artists. Screw you Stan Lee >.>

Lying aside, her magical information (if not religious information) is pretty solid when cross-referenced with other sources. I don't suggest wholeheartedly believing everything she writes as gospel but there is valuable information to be found. At least there is in Solitary Witch. I've never read any of her other books so take that into account when considering my opinion.

As to her being eclectic Wiccan, just about anyone that claims to be eclectic Wiccan is eclectic Wiccan given just how vague that is. Again, without getting into the "eclectic Wicca is not really Wicca" argument. I'm sick to death of that one.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers