Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[LIBRARY] Disaster in the Library [ Finished! pg.5! ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:57 pm
Avery shrugged at Bea's question.

"If your special ability is to glow in the dark, I suggest you use that. Otherwise? You're s**t outta' luck."

The library was indeed very dark, it was a wonder how people could even read in here. But other than the few light sources they already had, there was no solution to it. They were just going to have to make do.

"The book-bat's? We'll figure that out if it happens. For now just ignore them and they might be kind enough to do the same." He suggested with a shrug. Really, how was HE supposed to know? It's not like he was an expert on the subject!

As the students slowly sorted themselves into both groups, he listened in on LW's whispering. Honestly, some would think that eavesdropping was his natural talent! Though he gave no outward signs that he was listening in on them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Sparrow looked down at LW, lifting a brow conspiratorially as she whispered to him, quite pleased she was sidling up to him. He leaned down to listen to her, giving a small nod.

"I've met that one - " He indicated Avery. " - before. He's a little bit of a grump, if you ask me," Sparrow added loftily, in a deliberately loud whisper, his eyes glinting with mischief.

He caught sight of a familiar, pale-skinned boil, and Sparrow reached out, ruffling Jove's already fluffy hair with a friendly sort of affection. He still felt rather stupid about his previous...er, beliefs about Jove, but for the most part he was happy that Jove wasn't too wary of him.

"Which group are you going with? I'll go with you," said Sparrow, following LW towards the bookshelves.

Quote:

Avery's group: bookcases
1. LW
2. Sparrow

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:06 pm
Amphi sighed as she watched the group of students surround them and then cocked her head, What could she do? Lifting the book shelves wouldn't be any safer for her then battling Bat-Books after all so she went over to Hayden's group.

"I guess I'll be helping you guys." She smiled shyly at the other students before waving to them. "Where should I start?"

Info
Choose from the two groups below for which you want help with. But keep in mind that Avery only needs three people to help with the shelves. Other details will be posted once the groups are decided.

1. LW
2. Sparrow

Hayden's group: books
1. Bea
2. Astra
3. Tahki Yuki
4. Amphitrite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 pm
LW glanced up at Sparrow, eyes narrowed only slightly. Her night vision was pretty good, being a wolf and it was fairly dark in the library here. Lips curling in a smile, she looked towards the one he indicated, Avery. "A little bit?" LW asked, not missing the fact that Sparrow had let his voice raise enough that Avery could probably hear it.

"I admit, he did strike me as slight grump." She did try to be polite and keep her voice down, but Sparrow was amusing her and LW had the feeling Avery probably heard her anyway. Well, it wasn't her fault that her first impression of him had been a grump!

Giving Sparrow a mischievous smile, she pointed towards Avery. "Figured I'd join his group and help with shelves. May not be the biggest or strongest monster around, but I can at least attempt to help with heavy lifting." She did have some muscle to her. Sort of. "It might be...amusing, don't you agree?" Alright so what if he was a grump! There was something amusing about him. So long as he didn't snap off her head or something.

Approaching Avery with Sparrow, LW gave him a curious look. "We'll help you." She said in an attempt at conversation. "I'm LW."

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 pm
Israfel's earwings drooped a bit as the library attendants, (was that what they were?), bickered. They didn't seem particularly friendly. Both of them seemed kind of...well. They seemed a lot like the other teachers in the school. A bit uncaring like Red, with a touch of the 'I hope you fail' given off by that secretary. Areil? Aruel? That tiny demon with the scarf who he thought could be scarf shipped with Cricket, (the name was slipping his mind for some reason). Who while Israfel figured did care, cared in the way his sisters at home did. In a cold standoffish manner. Staff at Amityville were not really known to be soft.

Brushing out those thoughts, (he'd save them for another day), The siren looked at his optioned. Shelves or books. It seemed a bit silly to gather books if you didn't have selves to put them on. Plus, "LW?" He made it a question before he recognized her from the exam. "Hey! How have you been? Have you gotten a better dorm yet? I hear we get better dorms. I'm still in my snot dorm, but I herd knobs get better ones! How is your minipet doing? Oh!" His head turned and blinked at the other boil. Didn't he have a booth before? "Hello, I'm Israfel." He offered his hand. "Have we met before?"

Shelves were fine with him, even if he wasn't the strongest. It just made more sense to set up shelves then gather books have no where to put them.

Quote:
1. LW
2. Sparrow
3. Israfel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 am
Avery scowled when he heard the two speak of his mood.

He wasn't that cranky was he? And even if he was, he wasn't about to plaster a fake smile to his face just to satisfy and comfort these kids!

Thankfully, it seemed that they had all finally sorted themselves out and he had to say, he wasn't disappointed with the results. The three who had decided to help him looked fairly strong for their size. Or so he hoped. But he wasn't about to judge them before seeing what they were capable of. Besides, he may be able to learn a great deal more about them from their time here, however brief that would be.

Turning to Amphi he gave a slight shrug and spoke.

"Hayden will tell you all you need to know. Hayden would you---" He stopped in mid sentence once he noticed he was talking to air.

Hayden was gone.

"That a*****e...!" He gave a low growl and waved it off. He'd be back. There was no doubt about it. There was no way he'd leave and not come back with so many ghouls present.

"Right. We'll get started once that little shi---Hayden is back." He finished, tapping his fingers against his arms that were still crossed over his chest.

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 am
Gone? Yes..he was indeed gone. Well--for a few minutes at least. Returning through one of his portals with a doughnut and coffee in hand, he didn't even stop to look over the small group of students. "Ba~ack! You would not believe the line up! I thought I would never get my order in..uh.." Finally taking note of the students gathered in the library, Hayden eyed them with curiosity. "...Whoa! Avery! What did I miss? When did the ghouls get here?" Shuffling over to the small group, he gave a small bow, careful not to spill his drink while doing so. "Welcome to the library! Well--soon to be anyways. Avery hasn't quite cleaned his mess up yet. You know..he's not a very good maid..To be honest..I have no idea what he's here for."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 pm
Avery shot Hayden a glare.

His mess indeed! This was all Hayden! If he had just listened and they just unloaded all the book shelves like they were supposed to and THEN move them by hand, this wouldn't have happened! And he knew tha---

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

Avery froze.

That was NOT a sound he wanted to hear in the library. Looking around frantically, he saw it. Some movement on the floor before it darted back into the shadows, followed by more crunching sounds.

"Ah s**t! Those are Litter Bugs! How did they even get in here---" He stopped and eyed both Hayden's coffee and doughnut.

"YOU! Can't you follow your own rules!? Of all the things---now THIS!?" It took all of his strength to contain his rage and to keep himself from punching the other librarian. "Forget the cleaning everyone! We need to stop these now! Before they move deeper into the library!"

Info!
User Image

Litter bugs followed Hayden back and are loose in the library! They are
creatures known for eating everything in sight! Stop them before bring
even more destruction to the library!

Bookcase Team!

1. LW
2. Sparrow
3. Israfel

Among the many fallen bookcases there are smaller ones as well. Move them onto their sides and use them as barricades! The litter bugs will try and run past you! Get them up fast enough and stop them! Take too long or fail and they'll run right past you!

You need to get at least two shelves up each!
Roll one 6-sided die and follow the results below

1 - The bookcase is too heavy! You fail to get it up!
2 - You struggle for a moment, but you successfully get the bookcase up!
3 - A book bat swoops down and smack you in the face, causing the bookcase to fall on your foot!
4 - Easy stuff! The bookcase is successfully sat up on its side!
5 - The book case seems impossibly heavy.... you can't lift it.
6 - Almost there you just gotta---crap! It's falling! Luckily Avery catches it and helps you sit it up!

You get 3 tries before the litter bugs make it past you! ( 3 tries per bookcase. If you fail to get the first one up, run to the next one! )

Book Team!

1. Bea
2. Astra
3. Tahki Yuki
4. Amphitrite
5. Jove
6. Harriet

There is plenty of books for ammo! Use them to hit those blasted creatures and knock them out before they escape!

You need to knock out two each!
Roll one 4-sided die and follow the results below

1 - The litter bug skids across the floor and kicks something up into you face---wait! Is that a dirty magazine!?
2-3 - You successfully knock the creature out cold!
4 - The book bats take notice of all the movement and swoop down and attack you, making you lose sight of the litter bug.

You get 3 tries before the litter bugs make it past you! ( 3 tries per bug. If you fail to get the first one up, run to the next one! )

You all have 48 hours to complete your task
You may continue to RP after you completed your task, until the RP closes.

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 pm
Tahki froze for a second at the mention of bugs. Her first instinct was to find something to hide behind, but no. Signing up for this class actually held some weight to the gryphon. Books. Wonderful books. There was no way she was going to let harm come to them. Plus she wanted to be braver.

With a fists clenched at each side of her the gryphon was going to give this her best.

One of the litter bugs leaped in the air, its target seemed to be one of the many scattered books around the library. Oh no. Tahki wasn't going to have that! The arctic gryphon picked up one of the stray books beside her and tossed it at the bug hitting it dead on!

"BULLS EYE!" Tahki tilted her hat to the side and scanned for any more bugs.

(( 1/3 tries left. 1 bug knocked out))  
Chobi_Chocobo rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:45 pm
Okay. One was knocked out already but there where still more. Oh geez. Had that first one just been dumb luck? Why was she doubting her self again... NO! Tahki clenched her fists again and scanned the area. She wasn't about to let self doubt defeat her this time.

But before Tahki could even properly decide her target, something chose her as a target. A book bat swooped down and attacked her. It flew circles around her head and made her lose her balance causing her to fall back on her butt.

"Oophhh..."

And then like that it was gone.

(( No luck this turn, still 1 knocked out one to go)  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 pm
Israfel watched the two bicker and for a moment, thought they must be very good friends to fight so much yet work in the same place. After all, Friends fought all the time, but then made up, (that was probably why the small one had food, to say he was sorry!). The siren's ability to really comprehend the nature of the duo's fighting was innocent until he started getting things barked at him. Bugs? Litter bugs? Not only did they sound terrible but anything with litter in it's name was bound to be bad news.

Looking around frantically, a smaller bookcase was there and with a grunt, Israfel manged to move it onto it's side. "Oh Jack, They-they won't eat all the books will they?"

((1 Bookcase up!))  
Kyrieko rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 pm
The she-wolf glanced over her shoulder when she heard her name and a smile lit up her face again. "Israfel!" She hadn't seen the boil since their exam but was happy to see he was doing well. LW giggled at his questions. "I am doing well, thanks. And really? I've not heard that." Although, she wasn't sure if the monster dorm rooms could get any better than they were. Too many different species of monsters in all different sizes. "If we do ever get such accommodations, I could definitely go for a slightly bigger room." The she-wolf snickered. What, with the constant battles between her minipets and her ever growing collection of pillows? She was getting close to needing a larger room.

Then again...she could always go up one story and curl up on the pile of pillows in Ren's room. Or Alessa's.

"I'm still in my snot dorm as well." She admitted. "But how are you? And my minipet is doing fine! He's finally grown and is a speedy little devil just like the one we had to try and catch." At this, LW gave the siren a big smile before glancing at Avery and Hayden again. Except Hayden wasn't there- Nope wait. He was now. LW worked very hard not to laugh.

Of course only a few minutes later and she was definitely not laughing. Nope. Her tail was flicking in agitation and curling up to avoid the ground. Litter bugs? What the Jack were those? She could hear the crunching and saw something skitter along the ground that made her jump back and bump into the boils near her. "W-What are Litter bugs?" She called up, stumbling over a few books as she moved to try and get one of the bookcases up. They could use it as a barricade, right?

The nearest bookcase she ran to had looked alright from where she'd been standing. But Jack that thing was heavy. She had definitely not been prepared for just how heavy they were. They had been warned though. Try as she might, this bookcase wasn't moving. Skulls!

((0/2 Shelves up
Bookcase 1: 1/3 tries))

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Tahki helped her self up and dusted her self off. Ugh, this was beginning to be some what bothersome. Still she had no time to feel sorry for her self. There were still a lot of litter bugs around!

She spotted one coming right at her! The gryphon leaped to pounce on it the way a cat might, but instead was met with a face full of dirty magazine. Wait... WHY WHERE THERE DIRTY MAGAZINES IN THE LIBRARY!? The gryphon threw the awful thing to the side and continued the chase.

((Still only one knocked out 8 D ))  
Kyrieko rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 pm
Feeling quite a bit stubborn about this, especially since she had joined the group that would require heavy lifting, LW firmly planted her feet and bent her legs to get as much support as she could with lifting the bookcase. Her hands curled tightly along the side to get a good grip, tail still curled up towards her back to avoid any of the little critters biting at it. She got enough tail chomping from her minipet, thank you!

It felt like she may have gotten it a few inches up at the very least. But for whatever reason, apparently what she was doing didn't sit well with the book bats above (or so she assumed as to why it randomly swooped down at her). She heard the flutter of wings, glanced up to see a thing coming at her face, squeaked and tried to duck her head to protect it...and the bookcase slipped from her fingers. If she hadn't already been clenching her teeth so tightly, she would have shrieked when the bookcase landed on her foot. Which had been closer to the danger zone than she'd thought. Skellington Jack did that HURT!

LW leaned against the bookcase, momentarily forgetting about the Litter bugs and book bats while she checked to make sure her foot was still intact and she hadn't lost any toes from that one. Skulls were there some curses escaping between her thin lips in a low voice.

((0/2 Shelves up
Bookcase 1: 2/3 tries))

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Scyerline rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Scyerline

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 pm
Avery's shrugs and rude comments slightly rubbed Bea in the wrong way. No, she couldn't glow, and book-bats could cause a problem in her long hair! A thing frantically trying to fly out of her hair only to get more tangled would be horrible! Bea shuddered at the thought.

As more students were volunteering for which task and Bea smiled warmly at the group who were going to pick up books, but the quarreling between the two librarians made her intrigued and nearly cracked up. This is until she heard litter-bugs. Normally, Bea would have found them cute, but hearing them scuttled around making crunching noises in the dark was not adorable.

Bea grabbed the closest book to her and tried throwing it at a litter-bug.

It was too fast.

A magazine was kicked into Bea's face. She ripped the magazine away from her head and noticed the raunchy content inside. "Is that... even allowed to be in the library?!" Bea tossed the dirty magazine to the side and chased after the litter-bug with rage, "Come back here!"

((First try: missed))  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces