Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
HOSHIT TRAILER (not the teaser, the actual trailer) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:43 pm
I really wish they had given Zaphod side-by-side heads, half the fun of his character was how the heads interacted with things apart from eachother...I guess that would have been hard to pull off without it looking silly...not that that matters of course...I'll take silly over realistic any day...and I do hope they don't overdo an Arthur/Trillian relationship if there happens to be one...

I know I'll enjoy it, and as we can see it's keepin' up the pattern of being different than any of its other mediums! mrgreen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:03 am
MST3Kakalina
i thought that was just my eye playing tricks on me.

i guess they need a way to explain why Zaphod had one head when Trillian and Arthur met him on earth, but two when Arthur runs into him after the earth is blown up.

Mostly Harmless, chapter two
gail: "You really think this... person was from another planet?"

"Oh, certainly. There was the spacecraft. Oh, and he had two heads."

"Two? Didn't anybody else notice?"

"It was a fancy dress party"

"I see...

"And he had a bird cage over it, of course. With a cloth over the cage. Pretended he had a parrot. He tapped of the cage and it did a lot of stupid 'Pretty Polly' stuff and squawking and so on. Then he pulled the cloth back for a moment and roared with laughter. There was another head in there, roaring along with him."  

cant_delete_accounts

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:13 pm
MST3Kakalina
LifeLoveandstuff
OMG! I can't for the movie! I thought it was going to be stupid, but it looks promising. And even though I love Mos Def, I thought have him as Ford would ruin the movie. But it didn't. ...i am such a teenybopperish h2g2 fangirl.

am i the only person who didn't have a conniption when they found out Mos Def was going to be Ford? yeah, i was a little "WTF?" at first, but then i figured that they must have had a good reason for casting him. the only reason you think of Ford as being white is because he's mentioned as having ginger hair, so other than that...

anyway, i'm sure DNA would have approved of the minor ruckus caused in fanchildren across the world by casting Mos Def, so no worries =P

I was always ready to give him a fair go. And, by the looks of the trailer, he nailed it.

The only thing missing from the trailer for me was hearing the voice of Marvin and The Guide. But I'm not too worried cos the people they've got are perfect.

Although I am worried that the sole reason to include the shots of Zaphods second arm and head is to keep some fans happy. The arm effect in particular doesn't look good at the moment. Hope they manage to clean it up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:24 pm
LifeLoveandstuff
Marvin is cuter than I pictured him. In my head he was cute because he was depressed. Now he's physicly (sp?) cute and it was a little off putting at first. He is round and I pictured him square.

I thought I read a thing from DNA himself saying that marvin is supposed to be roundish... o_O Or maybe I just thought that up. sweatdrop Either way.. I like the design, personally... So cute 'n angsty! whee  

Meatless Cheeze

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:35 pm
Yea, for the film, DNA said Marvin was supposed to be streamlined, hi-tech looking, and have a "stooping quality"...of course, he was also supposed to be black...I think the producers did pretty swell though...

(*stares at williamthebloody* Someone is actually using my banner?! O_O)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:47 pm
Lord Salem
Yea, for the film, DNA said Marvin was supposed to be streamlined, hi-tech looking, and have a "stooping quality"...of course, he was also supposed to be black...I think the producers did pretty swell though...

Ah, so I didn't imagine it! I don't remember the part about him being black, though. But I like how he looks so far.. I wonder what he'll sound like.. >_> I should stop myself before this turns into a rant about the li'l guy. ._.  

Meatless Cheeze

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:46 pm
tombrend
MST3Kakalina
i thought that was just my eye playing tricks on me.

i guess they need a way to explain why Zaphod had one head when Trillian and Arthur met him on earth, but two when Arthur runs into him after the earth is blown up.

Mostly Harmless, chapter two
gail: "You really think this... person was from another planet?"

"Oh, certainly. There was the spacecraft. Oh, and he had two heads."

"Two? Didn't anybody else notice?"

"It was a fancy dress party"

"I see...

"And he had a bird cage over it, of course. With a cloth over the cage. Pretended he had a parrot. He tapped of the cage and it did a lot of stupid 'Pretty Polly' stuff and squawking and so on. Then he pulled the cloth back for a moment and roared with laughter. There was another head in there, roaring along with him."

i tip my hat to you, good sir. it seems i need to brush up on my DNA lore. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:20 pm
My (awesome) animation teacher was showing it after class big-screen style. Marvin doesn't really look how I expected, but I'm sure it's for a reason.  

Carltoast

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:25 pm
Meatless Cheeze
Lord Salem

Ah, so I didn't imagine it! I don't remember the part about him being black, though. But I like how he looks so far.. I wonder what he'll sound like.. >_> I should stop myself before this turns into a rant about the li'l guy. ._.

Black like a new Saab Turbo, according to DNA. mrgreen And presumably, Marvin will sound like Alan Rickman. wink

...who's doing the Guide voice? (too damn lazy to IMDB it myself sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:03 am
Spike_Theta
Meatless Cheeze
Lord Salem

Black like a new Saab Turbo, according to DNA. mrgreen And presumably, Marvin will sound like Alan Rickman. wink

Stephen Fry. Fantastic choice in my opinion.  

williamthebloody1880

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:42 am
williamthebloody1880

Although I am worried that the sole reason to include the shots of Zaphods second arm and head is to keep some fans happy. The arm effect in particular doesn't look good at the moment. Hope they manage to clean it up.

From what I heard about Zaphod's heads, the new way of Zaphod having his two heads was supposed to actually be an idea that Adams himself came up with. I'm sure there are some sources on this but I can't find them at the moment.. (I'm not on my own computer with my bookmarked info sites gonk ) .. the arm thing, I'm not sure about that however.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:46 pm
williamthebloody1880
MST3Kakalina

am i the only person who didn't have a conniption when they found out Mos Def was going to be Ford? yeah, i was a little "WTF?" at first, but then i figured that they must have had a good reason for casting him. the only reason you think of Ford as being white is because he's mentioned as having ginger hair, so other than that...

anyway, i'm sure DNA would have approved of the minor ruckus caused in fanchildren across the world by casting Mos Def, so no worries =P

I was always ready to give him a fair go. And, by the looks of the trailer, he nailed it.
I was very excited to hear that Mos Def plays Ford when I first heard about it. This was going solely on his performance in The Woodsman.

And the thing is, who would they have gotten to play Ford? Who else could they have gotten to play it convincingly? The reason Mos Def works is that if they had gone with someone British or white, it would have seemed too forced, but by going out on a limb a little bit, it works even better because it's not what you're expecting.  

manta love

Meatless Cheeze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:16 pm
Spike_Theta
Meatless Cheeze
Lord Salem

Bwahah. I..know not of this "Alan Rickman"... o__o I guess I'll find out for myself what he sounds like... 4laugh For some reason, I like him having the British accent, though it wouldn't make too much sense to have an alien robot sounding like that... >_>

Whee!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:44 pm
He was probably programmed with a British accent if that should be the case... 3nodding

Spike Theta, you wouldn't happen to have Don't Panic would you?

Ghost Chef

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:04 pm
Alright Meatless Cheeze one... let's try another tactic... Marvin sounds like Alan Rickman who sounds like Professor Snape. mrgreen Also like the boss dude with the wife and kid in Love Actually.
...come to think of it, also in "Love Actually" was Bill Nighy, as the washed-out aged pop star dude who finds love with... that... person who... *edited: spoiler* (even if I did say something terribly witty involiving flower arrangers and waterboys crying )
And yes, Lord Salem, yes I do. That's why my profile lists my location as "[I'm usually to be found] 33,000 feet above Iceland, but if you feel like popping up for a drink I'd be glad to say hello." heart

...and why I really did mean for my sig to at some point say, "The whole point of 'Doctor Who' is that, if you take the second letter of each of the 59th words of all the episodes over the last twenty years of broadcast and run them together backwards, the original location of the lost city of Atlantis is revealed." - only it made my sig too long. crying sweatdrop
Anyway, welcome to the guild, mantalove. Both of them. wink  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games