Fellow Ambassadors... the time has come. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:14 am
Holy s**t, a game with worse jumping than Kid Icarus. I can see why Ice Climbers never caught on.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am
Meta_Fish
Holy s**t, a game with worse jumping than Kid Icarus. I can see why Ice Climbers never caught on.

did you jump on the edge of this platform? Yes? You're wrong. Jump on this moving cloud, you have no horizontal leap.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm
Kuzodav
Waynebrizzle
Let people play these ten games whenever they say KI doesn't deserve a sequel.

The difference is the platform.

Super Mario Bros. feels weird with the control scheme.
Yoshi feels weird.
The games handled differently given the controller.

I'm alright with Super Mario Bros. not being all that good on the 3DS, because I know that Super Mario Bros. is a great and fun game on it's original console.

The same can not be said of Kid Icarus. At all. That game blows.

If SMB plays like s**t on the 3DS, it's probably because it plays like s**t. I know everyone likes to give Mario a free pass since he's the biggest gaming character ever, but his first game's really just as bad as Metroid or KI or Zelda, if not worse, depending on your taste.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:35 pm
yeah, the early years of Jump coding we're terrible, castlevania had a natural bad jump, ninja gaiden had some issues, the only thing that bugged me with most games is the inability to travel backwards, the final levels of SMB there were dead ends. and no way out. you had to sit there. and let. the. timer. run. out. then start over.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm
A lot of NES games just had really cool concepts, but fell flat on their faces in some way when it came to the execution. It wasn't until Megaman 2 and Mario 3 that anyone started to really get things right. Both of those games are still great and playable today. THAT is what constitutes a classic.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:59 pm
The only thing about SMB that bothers me is that holding B while tapping A a lot on the 3DS is awkward.

A tip for Metroid: liberal use of missiles.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 pm
Waynebrizzle
A lot of NES games just had really cool concepts, but fell flat on their faces in some way when it came to the execution. It wasn't until Megaman 2 and Mario 3 that anyone started to really get things right. Both of those games are still great and playable today. THAT is what constitutes a classic.

I was praying for a Megaman in the ambassador program, but alas. :sigh:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
since the day i could comprehend what a video game was and how it worked, mario 3 and megaman was ALL i played.

oh and kirby and duck hunt.

duck hunt...

now THAT was a fun concept.

they should bring it back.

duck hunt 3DS.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:13 am
Nomega
The only thing about SMB that bothers me is that holding B while tapping A a lot on the 3DS is awkward.
I think that's what Kuzo was talking about. It is really weird when you've played it with a controller with horizontal buttons for so long. You wouldn't think it would be that weird, but it is. Sean and I played it recently on the NES, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:18 am
Meta_Fish
Nomega
I think that's what Kuzo was talking about. It is really weird when you've played it with a controller with horizontal buttons for so long. You wouldn't think it would be that weird, but it is. Sean and I played it recently on the NES, too.

No, I can see why you'd have issues with that. I've had the same problem with other games. I haven't even played SMB on my 3DS, though, and I have issues with it.  

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am
Rusti Fire
Waynebrizzle

I was praying for a Megaman in the ambassador program, but alas. :sigh:
Mega Man is a Capcom title.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:35 pm
[Kegan]
Thank you Captain Obvious...  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:33 pm
FITE  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:05 pm
Rusti Fire
[Kegan]
Thank you Captain Obvious...

It's a valid point, though.

Why would the include a Capcom title in an all Nintendo package?

You were hoping for something that would never happen.  

ecopper12

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:53 pm
i guess its because all the early megamans, save MM8 on the PSX, people think nintendo played a big part in it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff