Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!
Stroke of luck? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:58 am
[Soy]
Hope you don't mind lots of rain,then. emotion_8c
And s**t-high taxes...Somehow,that's what most foreigners like to whine about when talking Danish politics. We do get free healthcare,though. emotion_yatta

Foreigners like to whine about taxes everywhere they go. -.-; And rain is no problem. I was born in England. xD Free healthcare? That's more than we get here in the states. We're lucky to get anything for free.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:00 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
Foreigners like to whine about taxes everywhere they go. -.-; And rain is no problem. I was born in England. xD Free healthcare? That's more than we get here in the states. We're lucky to get anything for free.
Well,Americans love to whine about our taxes the most. emotion_awesome
Since we're around 50%.  

[Soy]

Gaian

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 am
[Soy]
Well,Americans love to whine about our taxes the most. emotion_awesome
Since we're around 50%.
Oh wow. That is pretty high. But what about the costs of everything. Are they cheaper compared to other countries?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:07 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
Oh wow. That is pretty high. But what about the costs of everything. Are they cheaper compared to other countries?
Not really. emotion_eyebrow
Getting a car in Denmark is massively expensive,but at least we've got easy access to cycling routes.
But well,what we pay extra for we get returned in different areas. We've got a really good system for unemployed people,and s**t like that.

It's not for everyone,but most seem geniuenly satisfied. emotion_c8  

[Soy]

Gaian

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am
[Soy]
Not really. emotion_eyebrow
Getting a car in Denmark is massively expensive,but at least we've got easy access to cycling routes.
But well,what we pay extra for we get returned in different areas. We've got a really good system for unemployed people,and s**t like that.

It's not for everyone,but most seem geniuenly satisfied. emotion_c8

Well, at least you get some of it back. To get any help while unemployed here you have to jump through hoops, take drug tests and a bunch of other crap before you're even approved and then they barely give you anything to live on. It's a piece of crap system.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:10 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
Well, at least you get some of it back. To get any help while unemployed here you have to jump through hoops, take drug tests and a bunch of other crap before you're even approved and then they barely give you anything to live on. It's a piece of crap system.
Yep.I'd never be able to live in the states. emotion_donotwant
You also have to pay for education. emotion_donotwant  

[Soy]

Gaian

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:12 am
[Soy]
Yep.I'd never be able to live in the states. emotion_donotwant
You also have to pay for education. emotion_donotwant

You get free education!? gonk I'm definitely moving to Denmark.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
You get free education!? gonk I'm definitely moving to Denmark.
Not only do we get free education,we also get money while studying,to pay for our living expenses. cool
It's not a lot, but usually enough for a single room apartment. sweatdrop  

[Soy]

Gaian

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:17 am
[Soy]
Not only do we get free education,we also get money while studying,to pay for our living expenses. cool
It's not a lot, but usually enough for a single room apartment. sweatdrop

It's only starting to sound more and more like a good place. xD Mind if I crash on your couch until I get my own place?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
It's only starting to sound more and more like a good place. xD Mind if I crash on your couch until I get my own place?
Don't really have a couch,since I'm living at my folks'. xD;
Need to find a new appartment ASAP,though. But y'know - Sometimes one just can't be bothered with it,when you get free food here. gonk It's a dilemma alright. gonk
You'd also have to deal with our strict imigration laws.Because Denmark takes such good care of people,we get too many Eastern Europeans and fugitives from not-so-democratic-countries here, and since these people often don't even care to learn the language or work - We need to enforce strict rules. gonk  

[Soy]

Gaian

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:25 am
[Soy]
Don't really have a couch,since I'm living at my folks'. xD;
Need to find a new appartment ASAP,though. But y'know - Sometimes one just can't be bothered with it,when you get free food here. gonk It's a dilemma alright. gonk
You'd also have to deal with our strict imigration laws.Because Denmark takes such good care of people,we get too many Eastern Europeans and fugitives from not-so-democratic-countries here, and since these people often don't even care to learn the language or work - We need to enforce strict rules. gonk

If I've got a good teacher, I'll be happy to learn the language. And once I get the language down, I can find work and all that jazz. Cx  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 am
TheAlmightyBlueCrayon
If I've got a good teacher, I'll be happy to learn the language. And once I get the language down, I can find work and all that jazz. Cx
Well,you're welcome to come here and give it a try. emotion_awesome
I'll buy you a beer for your troubles. 3nodding  

[Soy]

Gaian

✰Random Chat✰ - Discuss whatever you like here!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games