Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 pm
"I don't need to roll in mud," he repeated with as much patience as he could muster, which wasn't a lot, but it was something. A little. Maybe a smidge. "And I don't need to be cleaned. I'm not dirty," he pointed out unnecessarily. "Because," he explained, slowing his words down like one might for a filly, "I didn't smear myself with mud. See how that works?"

He considered the doe for a long moment longer. Glanced at her unhelpful feathered companion, back at the doe, and huffed a sigh. "Come on. Follow me. I'll show you where the best patch of longgrass is. Then, if the bugs bother you, you can just go there instead of messing around with that muck." Which admittedly, once scraped off, did make her fur look a little softer, but still, what nonsense. He didn't need to be soft. Or sparkly. Or whatever else she was going to call him.

But she certainly needed someone looking out for her.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Look! A rep! Don't faint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:55 pm
Samuel Carlin

Ducky lioked up at the burd, a twinkle in her eye and followed Marshrush with as much humulity as she could muster.

But he was was goimg to try and help her out. Maybe he liked her! Her daddy always told her such tales but she never had it happen to ger before. Ducky kept sending him glances as he talked. "well, if you think it will help.. "

She rubbed her should against him. Yup, his fur felt as giod as it looked!

"You don't like my 'muck'? I think it does some wonders, especially in this weather!"  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:44 pm
He set an easy pace, not wanting to leave the doe behind, but not wanting to loiter, either. Who knew how long he'd have her attention before she got distracted by a pretty flower or a swarm of dragonflies or something like it. Best to get her to the grass and then let her do what she would.

He didn't mind her walking close so much, though when she bumped his shoulder, he almost stopped. Had she stumbled? Just not been looking where she was going? She was on her feet still and not crashing into him every few steps, so he'd just assume she'd bumped him on purpose? Why? Who knew? Who knew much of anything with her.

"I don't like muck for no reason," he explained. "If you're being chased by bees or you have itchy bumps from the heat or something, then I guess it has its purpose, but to keep the gnats away?" He shook his head. "Longgrass is the way to go." The only way, for him.

And then there they were. At the clearing he knew and used when he had to. There were dozens of clumps of grass growing high, at least to the base of his shoulder, with clearer patches in between to make it easier to walk. There were also places where patches of the tall grass had been mashed down. Apparently Marshrush wasn't the only one who knew about the spot.

"Here we are," he announced and gestured toward the grass with a toss of his head. "Knock yourself out."

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 pm
Ducky listened with half an ear. She was spending too much energy simply watching Marshrush and admiring. Hey, she was allowed to do that! Just wait until she told Widgeon... though her friend probably wouldn't believe her. The nerve!

Longgrass, he was talking about longgrass. What about it?

They got to the clearing, the buck just slightly ahead. Ducky gazed at him, the motley sun giving him a halo as he had the pretty clearing as a back-drop. The doe shook her head to clear it.

"Sooo..." She glanced at the buck, a little to the clearing, and back to him. "What do I do with it?"

Samuel Carlin
He knows her so well!!! Lol!

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 pm
If he could have cocked an eyebrow, he would have done. As it was, an earflick conveyed the surprise and scepticism in his next words. "You've never rolled in the grass?" He didn't really believe that, but if she wanted that to be her story... "Not even to scratch an itch?"

Muck or no muck, everyone had itches sometimes. Whether they were gnatbites or something else. "You lay down," he explained. "Kick your feet until you're on your back, wiggle around some until you roll over, then do it again until you're done. When you roll in this grass, it makes a smell the bugs don't like. That keeps them away." And didn't involve muck or mud or any other sort of smearing.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Well. He knows easily distracted when he sees it, at least. XD

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 pm
Ducky frowned in disbelief at the grass. Her mud bath really helped with the bugs and her fur, and she wasn't sure she wanted to mess that up as well... unless.... the way he described everything made it become quickly one of the first things she wanted to see. Now.

"I don't get it, I think you have to show me," the doe smirked a little, her eyes dancing with delight.

Samuel Carlin

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 am
Oh, for pity's sake. Of course she wanted to see it. But hadn't he just explained how to do it? She clearly had a sense of imagination and a lack of fear of trying things, given her love of muck.

Marshrush looked at her flatly for a moment, then flicked an ear and gave in, shoulders heaving with a sign. A swat of his tail against his own side got him moving and he said, as he went, "Come on. I'll show you." Off to find a decent patch of fragrant grass to roll in.

Oh, she'd probably laugh, but he'd end up bugproof -and- proving himself right. It was a win-win. No reason not to go for that.

EchoLimaFoxtrot
Tadaaaa! smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 am
Oh, a staring match! She was totally game! When he gave her a flat look, the doe looked right back stoically. She and Widgeon had this game perfected! An ear flick later, and she had won. Yes! The doe pranced in delight when he turned his back and then caught up before he could change his mind... although she did like the view.

Enough, she had to pay attention. Of course she knew how to roll in grass... the challenge was to get HIM to roll in the grass with HER. When he didn't sink to roll in the first batch they came across, she game him a sideways glance of doubt. Was one bit of grass better than another?

"Something wrong?" She batted her eyes and gave him the most innocent look she could muster. But they continued further.

What was wrong with that grass? Or that one? How long were they going to walk around this area. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard.

"Oh, look, a flower!" The doe walked back towards the pretty plant, which was still surrounded by more lemongrass. After sniffing the flower, she looked back at him. "This place looks good as the other fifty and six we already passed... how does this look?"

Without waiting for an answer, Ducky sank to her knees and executed a perfect, graceful roll in the lemongrass.

Oh, that felt good.... She rubbed a cheek by itself, then the other. Sighing in pleasure, she slowed down... until finally her eyes drooped and finally closed. Curled up in the lemongrass, the day caught up to Waddling Duck. She drifted off to sleep, dreaming of a certain pretty buck sparkling in the light of the swamp. Mmmm.

Samuel Carlin
Finale!

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out