Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply OOC
Fantastic, Allons-y, and Geronimo! (DW!meti planning thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:27 pm
lostandtold
Aaah okay, thanks for telling me Ane! I didn't realize that was still up XD I hadn't seen her around in a while. NEVER MIND ME THEN
You're welcome. I feel bad for dashing your hopes though. ^.^;;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 pm
I updated the lists - There's also a note next to the Vashta Nerada because like a dork I personally want to see lots of those running around. Like a swarm.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Kalahari-Summers

Wealthy Warrior

10,475 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm
If we do a River one, it should be the child of the Amy and Rory!meti. xD

Speaking of Rory, I might just go set up a quest thread for him sometime soon. > w>  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 pm
Aww, haha, that would be adorable!
Let me know as soon as you do, so that I can throw the link up! <3  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm
HEY GUYS just popping in to say I think I'mma let go of my claim to River -- haven't been really able to think of a great concept for her as a kimeti, and I have other things I want to quest/save gold for, so I figure I'll let her go to someone who's more able to do her justice!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:12 pm
Geronimo!!!!

User Image  

elvyralani
Crew

Fashionable Rabbit

Kalahari-Summers

Wealthy Warrior

10,475 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:23 pm
I made a quest thread for the Ninth Doctor, isn't that just fantastic? :'D

The Moment  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:11 pm
When I'm finished with my quest for a pair of existential nihilists, I'd love to quest for a Midnight inspired kin called The Starlight Waits.  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Annora Lyrisa

Invisible Genius

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:56 am
Would it be rude of me to want to join in on this? I would love to quest for a Rory-inspired Totoma named Steadfast Guardian.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:12 pm
Okay, yep, definitely going to actively go after a Donna kimeti now. I think I may treat myself to her when I get paid next month.  

Abishai Sarihe

Tipsy Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm
nuuuuu! dang it! I was gonna do a weeping angel! I even made a spot in my quest thread.
but AndrAla can have it since she made her quest first. plus it's more fleshed out tham mine.(heh, flesh)

maybe I'll go for The Master instead. yes I think I shall!
sign me up for The Master
Quest post for The Master
what would I name him??? *pulls ideas out of thin air*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:03 am
I contacted Kalahari since she'd first posted interest in Rory and she said that I was welcome to quest for him.

So I am!  

Annora Lyrisa

Invisible Genius

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

Delicate Rose Bud

Excitable Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 pm
Currently questing a Christmas Special Clara named Show Me the Stars <3  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 am
Guys, as I'm updating the list and seeing the new interest in questing for Whovian kin I want to point something I feel is really important out --

For things where there are lots of versions of whatever it is(the TARDIS comes to mind here) or things where there are just lots of that particular creature(such as Daleks, Angels, Cybermen, etc.,) it seems to me that there can be several kin of the one thing/monster/creature. Nay, there should be. Get together with the other people that are interested in that race or thing, see if they're interested in working with you, and get planning! If they are, well, awesome. If they aren't then common courtesy dictates that you not quest for the same thing ... But, idk. I can't imagine anyone being that stingy?

The important thing to keep in mind is that none of these are direct cosplay kin. They're fun and it's fun to keep their personalities somewhat true to the source material, but they're simply based around the Whoniverse. It seems silly to me, then, to ask people to not base a kin around the same publicly and widely loved thing you're basing kin around.

To be honest- If someone comes along and wants to quest or get another Tenth Doctor themed pet that is obviously not a direct copy of Always Running's design(an example of directly copying would be someone sending the colorist a picture of my boy and say "I want one just like him", that would be lame) then I say they go for it.
Actually, that would be damn fun to plot ... So.
SAME GOES FOR ROSE. I'll admit that I'm actually very protective of Bad Wolf's design and character concept ... The reason being that for me my girl isn't Rose. She's different. She's the TARDIS and Rose and circumstance rolled into one idea and kin. HOWEVER- If someone has a similar idea or concept that is unique to them, GO. FOR. IT.

That's the beauty of Matope and that's the beauty of Doctor Who.

Yes, please ask and talk to whomever has the quest for the same creature you want to go for. Please, give them the heads up. Please, give them the chance to tell you whether or not they want to plot something out with you.
Use this thread for that, even. It's part of this thread's function.

So. Krem. Do I absolutely adore Andraia's Weeping Angel quest? Yes.
Do I still think you should come up with your own kin take on a Weeping Angel, talk to Andraia about it, and quest for one yourself? Absolutely.
Just like I want to see loads of different TARDIS kin. There are about 8-10 different Doctor specific TARDISes; as well as all the others that were owned by other Time Lords. Some you can kind of make up your own design and others there are official images of.

I am doing what I can when I can to get Corn a Vashta Nerada doe. ... Guys, there honestly should be at least two more. Don't you think? :>

Let's see some Skittles Daleks. Some grey-scale Daleks. Some weird copper ones.
Not to mention the many, many, design transformations the Silurians and Cybermen have gone through.

The Doctor lives in a huge Universe where anything is possible if you have faith, work hard, and share your knowledge with those that will listen. <3

TL;DR --
There are lots of different TARDIS designs, Monsters, and whatever else.
These aren't cosplays where the shop is concerned, so there can technically be several versions of the same concept. Just don't be a d**k about it.
Let's all just share the love with each other. I love you guys. You love each other, I hope. We all love Doctor Who. <******** yeah.

OH ALSO: KREM--
Drumming Song. Master of Nothing. Always Returns.
^ All possible Master names. OR look for quotes of his and see if any resonate with the personality you want to give him.

Also, I'm putting myself down as questing for Idris. If anyone wants to do the same, let me know. I would love to plot a way to make two or more of her work within the shop setting. Sisters maybe?  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Malis Vitterfolk

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:41 am
LOLLI qAq
Also, I'm putting myself down as questing for Idris. If anyone wants to do the same, let me know. I would love to plot a way to make two or more of her work within the shop setting. Sisters maybe?

I just got my first Matope! Started looking at threads and well... You know me, I'd jump at the chance at a TARDIS themed pet. My question to you, are you getting human Idris themed or Blue Police Box themed? (Can you name a matope 'Sexy'? Maybe, 'Blue is the new Sexy'? Or 'Bigger on the Inside'.) If I quested for Idris I would use my Soquili of her for inspiration. Though Compassion is pretty cool too (Compassion is Sexy's sister in Soquili). I know nothing of questing for Matope yet though so I guess I should learn about that first.  
OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff