Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 pm
Waynebrizzle
tbh this was probably a topic that could have been buried and forgotten about forever.
Clearly, you don't understand what a CLASSIC is.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:04 pm
the page of 4 posts.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2098479&page=12345  

Xilo The Odd

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 pm
Anyone remember this one?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22186739&page=2  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:55 pm
Kegan, you are such a douche.
(sez da gai hoo lafz @ rapt ppl 4shame)  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm
Failed plans are always memorable.
WE COULD HAVE HAD SO MUCH FUN ALLEGRO  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 am
Xilo summed up most of what was said so I'll just respond to everything from there.

Xilo The Odd
@zeph: i find it too convenient that 1. we have a chick in our guild and 2. she was raped, 3/4 women are raped, that may be true, but its not like men aren't raped either, some dont even realize it cause it was at a young age, i can get all down and depressing for no reason other than to look like im righteously defending a group i may or may not be apart of.

Xilo The Odd
well that seems pretty much settled, we got

1. person was self entitled b***h

I don't see it as being especially convenient, personally. There are over 5000 people in the Cult. A lot of the active posters are male, but there are still quite a few females in the guild.

As for her "righteously defending" a group and being a "self-entitled b***h", I have to disagree. Rape is pretty traumatic; everyone responds and copes differently, and for some people this includes incredibly bad reactions to discussion of rape. It is entirely possible that the thread triggered her.

Xilo The Odd
2. bogus stastics (though 99% of all statistics are bogus)

3. men CAN be raped

4. we were laughing at rape itself not victims

That post was completely off, I'll agree there. I don't remember any estimates off the top of my head, but they were a lot lower than 3:4. And guys can be raped, obviously.

I originally debated mentioning that her information was off, but decided against it. It didn't come across as all that important; Betman didn't say anything about it, and Kuzo seemed to feel that that post was best left sandwiched in the middle of the conversation. If you wanted to make fun of her ridiculous statistics, that one post would work by itself. Instead, the "punchline" of the conversation is her comment about being a statistic. This makes the entire thing come across as 'it's funny because she was raped!'  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:45 am
Waynebrizzle
tbh this was probably a topic that could have been buried and forgotten about forever.

never forget the rape  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:09 am
I guess my trouble comes from not really understanding how rape could be so traumatic.

I've had a finger cut off, and I still laugh at dismemberment jokes. I don't really see the difference.

But I've never been raped, so I guess I wouldn't understand.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 am
Nomega
I guess my trouble comes from not really understanding how rape could be so traumatic.

I've had a finger cut off, and I still laugh at dismemberment jokes. I don't really see the difference.

But I've never been raped, so I guess I wouldn't understand.

I'm kind of the same way. I've had two good friends kill themselves and I still laugh at suicide jokes.
Rape can be funny when it's a general thing. When it becomes centralized, it stops being funny. Kind of like the whole BATMAN'S PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAAD thing, but you'd never laugh at someone that actually had a dead parent. Well...unless they referenced Batman a lot.

Though I'll admit, rape jokes get old fast.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 am
Kuzo, edit this thread's name to "Rape: a discussion" please.  

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 am
Waynebrizzle
I agree. What the ******** was I thinking when I made that thread... I guess I did a lot of stupid s**t when I was a bit younger.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle
I agree. What the ******** was I thinking when I made that thread... I guess I did a lot of stupid s**t when I was a bit younger.

We've all done stupid things. As long as you accept that, you'll be fine.  

l-Kriel-l

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:24 pm
Super Cheesio
Waynebrizzle

You changed the letter in "Rate the Avatar Above you" to "Rape the Avatar Above you". It was a joke. Clearly. Then she had to go and get all upset.
No need to be so whiny about it.

WHAT HAVE I DONE.
I JOKINGLY CHANGED A T TO A P

Phis is phoroughly unacceppaple how could you have done such an aprocious phing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm
Zephyrkitty
Xilo summed up most of what was said so I'll just respond to everything from there.

Xilo The Odd
@zeph: i find it too convenient that 1. we have a chick in our guild and 2. she was raped, 3/4 women are raped, that may be true, but its not like men aren't raped either, some dont even realize it cause it was at a young age, i can get all down and depressing for no reason other than to look like im righteously defending a group i may or may not be apart of.

Xilo The Odd
well that seems pretty much settled, we got

1. person was self entitled b***h

I don't see it as being especially convenient, personally. There are over 5000 people in the Cult. A lot of the active posters are male, but there are still quite a few females in the guild.

As for her "righteously defending" a group and being a "self-entitled b***h", I have to disagree. Rape is pretty traumatic; everyone responds and copes differently, and for some people this includes incredibly bad reactions to discussion of rape. It is entirely possible that the thread triggered her.

Xilo The Odd
2. bogus stastics (though 99% of all statistics are bogus)

3. men CAN be raped

4. we were laughing at rape itself not victims

That post was completely off, I'll agree there. I don't remember any estimates off the top of my head, but they were a lot lower than 3:4. And guys can be raped, obviously.

I originally debated mentioning that her information was off, but decided against it. It didn't come across as all that important; Betman didn't say anything about it, and Kuzo seemed to feel that that post was best left sandwiched in the middle of the conversation. If you wanted to make fun of her ridiculous statistics, that one post would work by itself. Instead, the "punchline" of the conversation is her comment about being a statistic. This makes the entire thing come across as 'it's funny because she was raped!'
no its funny that she thinks that since she was raped 75% of other women are. so what are the other 25%? sluts? the statistic she said was pretty much said in a effort to make the world of a women seem dark just because she was raped and we used a term jokingly like we do with ******, gay, c***k, slut, skank, etc and blew up on it before she knew who the guild is, and in that we poked fun.

and now i choose to end this discussion cause thats not what the thread is about. instead i will finish by saying:

i wonder how long before we get another thread like this where we look back into old threads and start up a dead argument?  

Xilo The Odd

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:30 am
Phis is gepping oup of hand......  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items