Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:15 am
x-D o o m K i t t a y-x
they altered the "Treasure Box Opening" Theme.

No they didn't?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm
100% the best Zelda yet. I have a new favorite.  

Waynebrizzle

ecopper12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 pm
I started playing it a few hours ago.

Biggest gripe: Stamina

Now, BEFORE you start throwing chairs at me, let me say why.

Yes, it's an interesting mechanic. Yes, it doesn't hinder the gameplay, and yes, it's easy to handle.

Why don't I like it?

In the previous games, you could travel around faster without having to worry about Link slowing down. Speed-running through a Zelda game was possible. Now? Not so much. It feels like you're on a timer all the time. I hate timed segments in games.

Now, that said, I'm not THAT bothered by it. Link moves at a fast enough pace without the whole sprinting thing, so I'm good for the most part.

Good game so far.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm
ecopper12
I started playing it a few hours ago.

Biggest gripe: Stamina

Now, BEFORE you start throwing chairs at me, let me say why.

Yes, it's an interesting mechanic. Yes, it doesn't hinder the gameplay, and yes, it's easy to handle.

Why don't I like it?

In the previous games, you could travel around faster without having to worry about Link slowing down. Speed-running through a Zelda game was possible. Now? Not so much. It feels like you're on a timer all the time. I hate timed segments in games.

Now, that said, I'm not THAT bothered by it. Link moves at a fast enough pace without the whole sprinting thing, so I'm good for the most part.

Good game so far.

With all due respect..... Link clearly travels much faster when sprinting. I mean, his normal run that doesn't use stamina is already as fast as Twilight Princess Link's running. It also helps him climb faster too, which was tedious as hell in any previous entry.

That said, it can be annoying waiting for the gauge to fill up, but there are some potions that can help with that!  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 am
I love the sprinting. And running up walls.

It's like some ********' parkour s**t  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 am
I just... I dunno yet.

I really like Termina... Buuuuuut--

-- I guess it's a better game. Kinda apples and oranges, though. I don't think any of these games are rendered worthless by their following entries, a la Assassin's Creed.(IE: You'll never want to really go back and play older installments for their gameplay. Maybe story? I dunno. Maybe it's just me.)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 am
The Eleventh AK
I love the sprinting. And running up walls.

It's like some ********' parkour s**t

I know! That's what I was thinking. It's awesome :3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:51 pm
I'm at the part
right after that cloud dome opens up
and can't help but think maybe I'm missing something.

Best Zelda game? I don't see it.

I miss having an open world. To me, that was what made the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time great. Skyward Sword is linear as all hell.

I really wanted to love this game, but right now my standing opinion is that it's the worst 3D Zelda game.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 pm
Just replace Wind Waker's sailing with THE ******** SKY  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 pm
The Eleventh AK
Just replace Wind Waker's sailing with THE ******** SKY

That's kind of what I was thinking. Get rid of all the dinky filler islands too, and the dumb fish that you have to feed every time you want a map of the area.  

Waynebrizzle

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 am
But other than Skyloft, every sky island thing is filler, practically. The sky is like 1/10 the size of the Wind Waker's ocean.

It bothers me how you can't skydive onto skyloft, too. Stupid Loading screen.

Another thing is that you can't just jump off anywhere and start flying, you need to jump from certain places for some reason.

I just feel like flying could have been fun, but a lot of potential was wasted.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:07 am
The difference with the sky is that it's clear from a very early point that the islands are mostly goddess chest containers and you know you don't have to come to them until you see a chest on them on the map. I prefer this over Wind Wakers' islands, where I'd either get a really crappy treasure or realize I'm too early in the game to come there. I can definitely agree that the sky is smaller, but I still stand that it's because it has the fluff cut out. EVERYTHING that you get from goddess cubes is of pretty substantial value.

Your other complaints are valid too, but I could point out equal flaws in the boat system. I think it's just how both games are designed. I can't convince you (and I'm not trying to, for the record) to like SS, but I can definitely argue why it's my favorite and why I think it's the best one.  

Waynebrizzle

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:57 am
Waynebrizzle
but I can definitely argue why it's my favorite and why I think it's the best one.

Go for it.

I'm not trying to argue, by the way. wink Just throwing out my opinions.

I'd be surprised if you could think a lot of ways it's objectively better than Twilight Princess, though.

For the record, I really do like the game. It's a good game. I just think a lot of people are playing it with fanboy goggles on.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 pm
I hated the sea in Wind Waker. Found it boring as ********. I much prefer the sky, but a proper world like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess would be far far better. Also, I don't like the fact that there are pretty much only 3 areas. And yes, you keep having to go back to them. -.- That's my biggest gripe with the game.  

Super Cheesio

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces