and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm
As a note -- since none of gave a rat's a** about the OOC bribe part of this, I have removed it entirely. This shop is now all free, based on writing etc, instead of on the gold.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 am
Kin Name: Bleed to Know for Beautifully Broken
Item Information: A pouch for BB to wear so she can carry interesting items that catch her eye but don't quite fit with the art she's working on at the time. Something large enough for her to get her muzzle in and out of to place and retrieve items which are likely to be small rocks, feathers, or scales. Being dyed or with feathers to make it a more artistic piece in general would be a bonus but mostly just looking for something to serve the purpose.
Why this item: BB is the first kin that Bleed has been able to call a friend. He admires her work and has noticed how frustrating it can be for the creatively inspired kio to not be able to carry more found objects with her for later use.
IC Bribe information: Bleed to Know had been considering visiting Never Idle for quite some time, ever since he'd heard of the legendary's work. There was something he wanted for himself but he couldn't bring himself to ask for it. He did, however, finally get up the nerve to make a request for a dear friend. He arrived bearing a makeshift sack with his lynx Huntress trailing behind him with a few pelts draped across her back.
Bleed bowed respectfully and set the bag before Never Idle. Huntress shrugged the pelts off beside the bag.
"I brings these gifts and a request," Bleed began even while he opened the sack to reveal assorted stones, shell fragments, dried grasses, and feathers. "I hope these items will be of use to you in your crafting of beautiful items. What I request will only take a small fraction of what is here." He went on to explain what he desired to give his friend, a pouch she could wear around her neck to carry a few items like those in the sack he had brought. "She's an artist you see and makes lovely mosaics out of found objects all inspired by love of and as a gift to the Swamp. I've watched her work and even helped her from time to time and its meant so much to me that she welcomes me into something so personal. I've seen her pick up items and have to set them aside because they don't fit the current inspiration and the regret in her eyes for the lost chance made me think how much she would love something to carry such things with her to use in a later work. She's the first I'd truly call a friend, one of the only really, other than my companion Huntress here and I would love to be able to give this small thing to her to show my appreciation."
He bowed his head again and stepped back so never Idle could look through the assorted offerings. Bleed was slightly embarrassed at revealing so much of himself, but he felt that need to tell just why the gift was so important. He waited and hoped his request would be granted.  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 pm
Kin Name: Lull in Sunlight
Item Information: A black raven skull [001. 002. 003.] to adorn her neck (if another position would look best, that's all right, too); precious pink gemstones [001. 002.] and a freshly killed raven for any bones, talons, or feathers have been brought to embellish the simple piece.
Why this item: The first, followed by a second, offering she has received in return for a blessing, this raven skull is special to her. While it can be intimidating to meet a Legendary, that doesn't seem to deter any kin finding her when it comes to blessings. She doesn't wish to avoid them, nor ignore the ability the Motherfather has given her, but she wouldn't mind coming off more frightening. A little trinket to give pause to their wants. A raven skull, black and shiny, may not be quite what she had in mind but she thinks it could only add to her mare form.
IC Bribe information: She comes laden. A striking mare of black and pink with a see-through owlcat beneath her belly. With her is a number of tortoise shells balancing on their rounded backs. The firm armor of the stomach is left intact in all but one. A rough hole in the center -- fine fissures crack against the remaining bone showing how vastly difficult it had been -- allow a gander at the myriad of components peeking out: a black feathered wing, a flash of dull white, and the sparkle of gems. This one is carried in her mouth by strong willow rods needled through the holes that once collared a neck and tail; it is clearly of importance.

All confidence and grace, she comes to stand before Never Idle. Her front hooves push the tortoise shells one at a time towards him. And then she lowers her bundle to the ground, mouth opening to let the willow fall once the shell is safely lowered to the ground.

"Good day. I have come to request you turn this raven skull into a trinket." She lifts a hoof to imply the special bundle and gently tips it back -- the contents spreading out to reveal carcass and bone and gems as well as the skull. "It is special to me. Since ascending I have become a beacon for those seeking blessing. It often seems I cannot go a day without meeting someone expecting or planning for the future," her voice strained here with irritation that she tried to suppress. It could be aggravating beyond measure. A breath and her voice returned to more of a business dealing tone. "This is the first item given to me in return for a blessing and, as I treasure it, I wish to have it with me. They say you can do so." She does not say who they are and there is a note of -- not quite suspicion or doubt but perhaps -- nonchalance to her voice. Hope is a dangerous game to play and as she cannot be sure he will do as she asks, she is -- feigns -- indifferent. The wise may see her desire.

"In return, I have brought you materials to turn into paint," she explains. And indeed the shells she gives him are crammed with items: aged and bleached bones, charcoal (she assumed it was from a spontaneous fire -- one of those salamanders that burned, perhaps), red once-ripe berries carefully dried, fruit green with immaturity, and yellow clay baked in the sun. All are ready to be ground into pigment; the idea of painting is foreign to her and she hopes the information she has dug and cultivated into items is useful. It had not occurred to her to bring something as simple as a meal. Surely for such an extraordinary bargaining bribe he must give her something.

"You may keep whatever you don't use of my items." An addition for she doesn't foresee a need of them. Items -- precious or otherwise -- are generally not kept. The skull she asks him to use is an exception.

Kin Name: Spiderlily
Item Information: A white pigeon skull [001. 002. 003. 004.] to dangle from her horn(s); a smattering of feathers, flowers, and winking gemstones have been brought to embellish it.
Why this item: A gift -- a bequeathed prize for successful tracking -- from her mother which was itself a gift in return for a blessing it is dear to her and yet it is a rather glaring ideal of what her mother expects, wishes, her to be. And while she may be a fine hunter, skilled at deception, she wants to be soft and sweet; a wish that extends to the skull. If a skull can be made beautiful than perhaps she, too, can shed the image her mother wants.
IC Bribe information: The pigeon skull rests serenely on the collection of feathers and flowers she has picked; gemstones are scattered over like a dusting of snow. All of it is nestled in a remnant of a pelt -- soft fur torn into pieces and shreds by the sharp teeth of cheetahs or wolves -- that she holds securely in her mouth. The doe's jaw is taut and her movements are careful as she does her best to ensure the safety of her precious cargo.

It is with calmness and dignity on the surface -- the churn of nervousness reveals itself in her eyes and flick of her tail for she is not yet the accomplished actress her mother is -- that she finds Never Idle. The stag is not what she expects though she could not say what it is she expected. He is not as fierce as the Legendary that birthed her. And it is soothing. Almost.

There is hesitation as she lowers the bundle, ends falling from where they were clamped in her teeth and spilling open to reveal the contents. "Hello," she starts and then pauses. If her mother were here she would simply tell Never Idle what he was going to do. But she has used her brother -- At Attention -- as a means to make the journey alone ("Mother, shouldn't you spend time with him? He has so much potential." The gash on her tail from his hoof itched dreadfully as it healed.) And her twin had promised to keep them all occupied. Hound's Tongue had merely watched the going-ons with a look of amusement. And thus she is reminded that she can do this her way. Not that she quite knows what that is yet.

"Never Idle, I would like you to make me an accessory with this pigeon skull my mother gave me." Direct and polite. A good start. "You may use any and all of the flowers and feathers and gemstones as you wish. If there is something you like, please keep it. I insist." Sweet. Insistent, overly so. She has the awareness to look sheepish.

Silence. Waiting. Eyes wide. Hopeful. And then the memory, "Don't forget to offer him payment. I would suggest-" She had cut her mother off at that. (How rude; but it had felt good.) Payment.

"Oh! For you," her voice is high-pitched and almost shrill. It takes a moment as she scampers back and the comes skidding back, graceless and hasty in her rush. And then before him she places her bribe: a criss cross of large magnolia leaves holding a large amount of elderberries to be crushed for wine. (Crafting was likely to be thirsty work, she thinks.) "I hope that it will do. And you can keep the pelt if it suits your needs."

And then she is silent. Once more waiting to see if he accepts this undertaking, believes it to be worth his while.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:28 am
Kin Name: Double Vision
Item Information: A long rope of ladybugs, draped or wrapped around his head and neck. Preferably elegantly, but he IS blind, so. He might not get that quite right on his own.
Why this item: He's one of the leaders of the Swamp Scouts's first chapter, which is the Beetle chapter. He needs some kind of badge of office, I figure.
IC Bribe information:

Five kin stood before the stag, one of each kind. A grey and orange zikwa, apparently the leader, stood before the others. "Each of us has a tale to tell," the zikwa began, "which each of us will tell in turn. Mine is first - it isn't as compelling as those of my companions, but, on the plus side, it shouldn't be nearly as long, either.

"I was not born in the caverns my people have lived in for we don't know how long, but I was raised by my mother, among my siblings and cousins. Growing up in such a loving family, and hearing the tales of our great comminuty underground, I assumed that everyone grew up in such a family - which made it an awful shock to learn that many kin don't. Sacs and eggs are just... laid, and forgotten about, and they hatch alone, grow up alone. So much of, of who I am, and what I know and do, came from my family, and I just - I can't stand the thought of it, of anyone not being able to have that! So, I've decided that I want to change that - starting with these four, I've decided to become part of everyone's family," he announced to an attentive, but assessing silence.

"It's a little ambitious, perhaps," he added, pawing sheepishly at the ground. "But it's - it's so important to have people who love you, who you can trust -" The beginning of his impassioned speech was interrupted by one of his adopted family murmuring to him, to which the zikwa replied, "Oh, right! The beetles."

The beetles. They were piled into a large tortoise shell, stone dead, but bafflingly undamaged. They rattled a bit as the zikwa nudged the broad shell forward. "Our family is like that of beetles," he said, "diverse in color and shape, and not without its disagreements, but still very plainly a family. It, er, may seem somewhat strange to kill so many of the creature we've chosen to represent ourselves, but we've a use for them, and we needed to practice the technique. We practiced mostly on the very pretty, brightly colored ones, since they're easy to spot and capture. We've each chosen one beetle to represent ourselves, and, well. Most of these beetles aren't those. We figured the best thing to do was give them to you," he said with a nod and a smile, "in exchange for helping us decorate ourselves - and our kimeti brother would be very interested in talking to you as well, if you wouldn't mind.

"My brothers and sisters will each tell you what they'd like. Myself, I've got a number of ladybirds I was hoping you could string together? I'd like to wear them draped on, or wrapped around, my head and my neck, if that sounds alright."

(ooc note: still bribing for three of the other kin mentioned, hope it's okay to include them.)  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:07 pm
Kin Name: Beanstalk
Item Information: A honeycomb, with miscellaneous ornamentation. Whatever you want to do with it, really!
Why this item: Can there be any reason but "honey is delicious"? The battle was long, hard fought and not without cost. But Beanstalk succeeded. And then he decided it would make a fashionable accessory, because that's just the kind of flighty fellow he is.
IC Bribe information: The comb still dripped with honey when Beanstalk placed it on the stump, along with an assortment of dried flowers and other gewgads. "You can have as much of the honey as you'd like," he offered brightly. "I find it goes well with these fragrant flowers - especially if you let them soak together in water for a while. It really hits the spot after a hard day of work," he added, in a way that implied that he had never worked hard in his life. "And really, your designs are amazing. Top notch. Only buy from the best, I always say!" (Because, of course, he had tried making fashionable accessories for himself and found his knack for it distinctly lacking.)  
Bribe, custom, and breeding threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff