Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Random Chat Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:33 pm
GhoSt-X
if i have a l;aapy id briong it everywhere..
gotta get me one at the end of the year..
i dont know if i owuld want a mac tho..
i have bad experiences wid macs ..

Those one button mouses just annoy me xp But I really want a Powerbook still... oh well, maybe after I graduate.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:50 pm
a powerbook isnt too bad to have .. you can get real mouses for them .. uhahau ....

but i prefer something im more familiar with ..  

GhoSt-X

tiranaki

Fashionable Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:33 am
Hmm, well, I love my powerbook. I have the fiber optic mouse for it, I can't stand the trackpads. But Macs do have the right click option... just hold and click, or click and press the ctrl key. I can also use the wacom mouse that came with the tablet, and the right key works just like a pc mouse.

I was a PC person until I started using Macs at the University... I dunno, but it seems like the preffered computer in this industry, at least based on my experience. I mean, I can have Illustrator and Photoshop and Safari (Internet), Messenger, AIM and iTunes running all at the same time and my computer won't even crash. Got to love that. My PC crashed if I had more than one program open, and it was so slow. Based on my experiences, my mac is reliable, where as my old pc, was not. I never knew if it would load that day, or what surprises it had in store for me, and if I left it on standby too long, it would freeze. My mac has never frozen on me, even with all the programs running, and it doesn't even slow down.

Anyways, well, I use a Mac because I've found that they are better for handling graphics, and the ability to have more than one program on at the same time is a real plus, especially if I'm working on a piece that requieres the use of more than one program, like is the case most of the time, it really beats having to quit or "Minimize" the other program to open up the one I need. And, best of all, barely any viruses.

Finally, at least here in Puerto Rico, most agencies and printing companies use Macs, so it seemed like the logical choice when buying a computer. I already had a Toshiba satellite laptop, which was great, except for the points I mentioned already, and when I suddenly found myself with the ability to buy a better, altough more expensive, computer, I went for Mac.

And besides, the sleek aluminum design, it's just pretty to look at. At it's nearly weightless. And...

Someone stop me... blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
I just found out I have tonsillitis xp I can't talk, can't swallow, can't sleep... and have to take a heap of pills gonk

Sorry about the whining but... gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gonk  

Chisa
Vice Captain

tiranaki

Fashionable Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:02 am
Chisa
I just found out I have tonsillitis xp I can't talk, can't swallow, can't sleep... and have to take a heap of pills gonk

Hmm.... mmm... ok. After deep analisis and extensive research of the situation, I have concluded that yes, that does indeed, suck. Hope you get well soon! Perhaps gift art might make you feel better? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 am
tiranaki
Hmm.... mmm... ok. After deep analisis and extensive research of the situation, I have concluded that yes, that does indeed, suck.

I second that expert opinion. xd As I told Chisa, I had that my sophomore year.... blech! Feel better soon. If we could, we'd all give you lots of hugs and ice cream. heart  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:43 pm
tiranaki
Chisa

Hmm.... mmm... ok. After deep analisis and extensive research of the situation, I have concluded that yes, that does indeed, suck. Hope you get well soon! Perhaps gift art might make you feel better? 3nodding

Yes, gift art would help very muchly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:37 am
Hooray! I am recovered! Go them antibiotics xd

Full on trying to catch up on uni work and cram for tests n stuff xp probably be on less... although probably still a lot, because I am such a computer bum whee  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Acis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:19 pm
i wanna a laptop
our pc has no good graphics programmes... i need one so i can learn to use them and produce good work for my a levels
it'd be so much easier
anyone feeling charitable... you know...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:42 am
Hey guys, I started a thread in the Olympics forumhere because... well because I'm bored and hanging around that forum to get tshirts xd Anyway, I'm trying to see if there are any people there interested in the guild, so go over to that thread and just chat if you're online at the moment. blaugh  

Chisa
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:47 pm
Chisa
Hey guys, I started a thread in the Olympics forumhere because... well because I'm bored and hanging around that forum to get tshirts xd Anyway, I'm trying to see if there are any people there interested in the guild, so go over to that thread and just chat if you're online at the moment. blaugh

Looks like there were some people on the Olympic thread that were interested in the guild! That was a good idea. I don't get around Gaia enough, I didn't even know that was there. redface  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:14 pm
Yeah... I really have too much time on my hands whee No, actually, I don't but yeah, I waste a lot of time on Gaia. Trying to collect all the donation and special event items, so I tried to be around for this event to get them sweatdrop I think we've got a few new members from it though!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm
Acis
i wanna a laptop
our pc has no good graphics programmes... i need one so i can learn to use them and produce good work for my a levels
it'd be so much easier
anyone feeling charitable... you know...

I don't like my laptop much. T crying T Actually, I think that's just because the lack of a mouse . . .

Anyhow, most good grphics programs don't come with a computer, you have to buy them separately. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:49 pm
I've got new drawings on my DA account please look and comment if you don't mind smile (click my sig)  

myst_dragon

Waltz for Luma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:38 pm
Heehee. Dropping in to say hi biggrin  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items