Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 am
"I can't say I've ever tried it... Are they cheesy, or like those little cheddar biscuits that just.. aren't cheesy at all really? 'Cuz I kind 'f like those biscuits, not overly fond of cheese itself though." She eyed the non-normal packet curiously. "I must sound fussy; I swear 'm not like this with every food."

She considered his point and had to concede there was certainly one there though; it made her grin.
"Sure, but c'mon, that makes sense. This is the team that decided you, in a hospital bed, drugged up, would be the perfect operative t' catch me back up with this place..." She shrugged. "As for that. Mmhm. It's Lasi, mostly, on m' part. Oh, sure, the younger lot get all excited too, but show Lasi a movie, couple it with his nocturnal nature and his... well, heh, y've seen him. 'S like he's on a permanent sugar rush as 't is. He just won't stay in his ball, loses any consideration that people need sleep 't night..."
She smiled anyway; wouldn't trade the bat's behaviour for the world.

The dark haired grunt glanced back to the screen, leaned forward to retrieve her tea and then slipped out of her shoes to bring her legs up onto the couch.
Tambrey'd been wittering on a bit, she knew, but she found that she was comfortable enough there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:02 pm
"Well," How was he supposed to describe it, "it is kind of cheesy. Have you ever had cheese puffs? It's kind of like that but with popcorn."

Rory held the bag out to her. "Just try a piece or two."

At her comment about their first meeting, he laughed. "Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking when they decided that. I'm not even sure they knew I was hurt when they did that. Yeah I can see how that would be worse." At least Pinkie would where herself out after a little while and fall asleep on her own.

When the blond grunt had noticed the dvd had gone to the menu screen, he leaned forward to grab the remote and hit the play button to begin the movie.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 pm
Xander wasn't having trouble relaxing or having roommate trouble, but he was bored. He had wondered he halls a bit before he saw the lights in one of the rec rooms and peeked in. He blinked then smiled slightly to see Tambrey and Rory sitting and from the looks of it about to watch a movie. He moved into the room and crossed his arms behind his back. "What are you guys watching?" He asked to let them know he was there if they hadn't already noticed.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:18 pm
Tambrey reached to take a couple of pieces as she was offered them, sniffed at them, and the bag, as she did so, pulling a little face but resolved to try them.

"I'll... try it. Liked stranger things." She nodded "And, uh, yep. I doubt they did, but still, it wouldn't have taken /too/ long t' pull up your status or something. I mean... Ah. Well, 's this place. I /guess/ it was still kind 'f a busy time."

Suddenly, Xander.
She blinked, jumped (apparently not the most alert in the relaxed environment) but stopped herself from swearing and tried not to let on (more than she had already anyway) that she'd been startled.
The dark-haired grunt smiled, raising her right hand in a little wave, still clutching the popcorn pieces.
"Hey!" She pointed to the screen. "'S Thor."
Without thinking about it, she popped the popcorn into her mouth after greeting Xander.
There was a beat and then...
"BLUH! Whaf 'n f' fraaak!" She was scurrying over the back of the sofa and toward the bin, spitting it out and denouncing the snack.
"Who in /Tartarus/ thought that flavour was a good idea! Water!" The offending popcorn might have been in the bin, but the taste wasn't gone. Despite her cry for water, she was headed back to reclaim her tea (and down it, scalding be-damned).
Well, at least she'd tried it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 am
Rory scoffed lightly and raised an eyebrow. "You've seen them down there. They run around like chickens. You really think they would have taken the time to do that?"

Rory looked over and saw the other blond standing there. He'd only met him once before but he remembered who he was. "Hey Xander, wanna watch?"

Rory fought hard to contain his laughter at Tambrey's reaction to the popcorn but a few chuckles slipped out. I guess white cheddar popcorn isn't for every one, he thought to himself before asking if she was alright and going to get her some water to wash the taste out of her mouth.

As he came back over to the sofa, he caught part of the scene on the screen and grinned. "They remembered Loki's son!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:11 pm
Xander gave Tambrey an amused smile for her jump but didn't say anything on it. He moved over to the couch then leaned on the back of it when she said it was Thor and he got the invitation from Rory. "Cool, love that movie, though I've only seen it once." He said then stifled a chuckle at Tambrey's reaction to the popcorn. "It can't be that bad can it?"

He looked at the TV at the mention of Loki's son and blinked. "I had missed that before." He admitted then stopped leaning against the couch to move around it to sit in front of it, off to the side so he wasn't in anyone's way, on the ground. "And they don't even mention the poor guy, just give him a brief cameo."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 am
"Thanks," Tambrey accepted the water as she returned to the sofa, setting down her tea in favour of it; it would probably be better to drink a palate cleanser than to simply replace the flavour in her mouth and come up with some horrid cheese/tea thing.

"It can.." Tam' responded to Xander with a mutter between gulps of water, before perking up her attention as Rory pointed something out.
She blinked and nodded at the scene.
"Huh. Y'know, I missed that too." The dark-haired grunt admitted as, with the water gone, she reached again for her tea.
She shuffled a bit, in case Xander wanted to sit down, but settled again once he sat himself on the ground.
"Gonna be looking out for things like that now." She gave an amused little smile.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 pm
Rory smiled at her. "You're welcome," he replied as he took back his bag of popcorn. He sat quietly for a little while, enjoying the movie more than he thought he would. It was a very interesting take on the mythology considering it was based on a comic book.

He managed to stay quiet until the confrontation scene between Loki and Odin began.

"You raise him to hate what his real species and you expect him to be alright with it when he finds out? No wonder he starts Ragnarock on you all!" Rory huffed at the screen as the guards came in when Loki called for them.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm
Rory wasn't the only one annoyed with Odin. "And then he conveniently falls into Odin sleep before explaining good enough." Xander added with an eye roll at Odin. "Great parenting there. Father of the year award goes to anyone but Odin." He then munched on some popcorn.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 am
Tambrey watched, enjoying the film and soon forgetting about the cheese-flavoured popcorn as she returned to her tea.
She blinked as Rory began to comment on, or rather berate at, Odin, finding that, although she agreed with the general things said, it seemed to become noticeable that this bit bothered Rory a fair bit.
Hitting some nerve? Too close to something for comfort?
Or perhaps he was just really, really into the film... and the mythology by the sound of it.
Xander's didn't seem to sound quite so bitter or affected by the events on the screen, but there was still a sense, she thought, that things bothered him a little too.
"Have to agree, 's a little underhanded t' be telling him t' hate what he actually is and hidin' it like that."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm
"Of course he does," Rory commented as he grabbed another hand full of popcorn for himself as the movie progressed. He wondered what made the director and writer take that route with the character, instead of leaving him as the basic bad guy the movies typically had. Even in the stories the movie originated from the character was the typical bad guy.

"He is based on the Norse god by the same name. You know in one of the variations Loki is Odin's blood brother? They still don't get along."

The more they talked as they watched the movie made Rory think of home. He remembered watching the kids' Hercules movie with his grandfather when he was younger and listening to all the "wrong!"s that came out of the old man's mouth. Then came the lecture on the true myth of Hercules that had felt like it had lasted for days on end when it had only been about twenty minutes.

The thought of what the old man would think if he saw this sobered Rory up slightly. Instead of dwelling on those thoughts for too long, Rory took a sip of his drink and continued watching the screen.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm
"He could have at least tried to keep Loki neutral in opinion of the Frost Giants." Xander added in agreement to Tambrey. He then tilted his head a bit when Loki was talking to Frigga while Odin was in his bed. "Can't tell if he's feeling worried, glad, frustrated, lost or all of the above in this part."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 pm
"I, uh, only know the really basic sort of version. I think." Tambrey admitted, feeling a little awkward about it but enjoying the talk, and the film, all the same.
She found herself, a couple of times, looking between the two, watching their reactions as she listened to the tones of their voices, or noted some look or comment from one of them.

She found herself watching Rory, while she listened to Xander, replying, after a moment, once she'd glanced back to the screen; "I kind 'f vote 'all of the above..."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am
Rory looked over at her and grinned, "Be thankful. The basic version's the easiest. The one without all the confusing stories and bestiality and Loki being a little s**t and causing the end of the world," He turned back to the screen, "Though their version isn't too bad."

"I don't think Odin thought that through too well," Rory told Xander, "Why would he take the abandoned Frost Giant child? If it was really to unite the realms, why make him believe that he was one of the monsters? Why convince them as kids that the Frost Giants were monsters?" He shook his head as he popped a few more pieces of popcorn in his mouth. "Odin doesn't make any sense."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:08 pm
"Don't feel bad, I heard a lot of people went into the movie without even the basic." Xander said and gave her a quick smile before swiping some more popcorn. "Like Rory said, this version is cleaner then the others. And all of the above sounds good."

"I'm not sure Odin was thinking at all other then 'hey, abandoned baby, finders keepers!' and then you have to wonder why Frigga went along with telling the stories of the evil Frost Giants since she was bound to know where the baby her husband showed up with came from."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff