Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:30 pm
Open for posting!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:45 pm
i chase the sun
username ;; Ruriska
kin ;; Nomad
reasons why ;; Loneliness is his constant companion. A faraway land that he will never reach calls to him and so he wanders; unable to stop. Why does his father seem so complete with dust on his hooves, when Nomad only feels emptiness? Having fellow travelers around him, every so often, will lighten his heart.
any notes ;; He’s kinda emo right now. He needs some friends. <3

also, I’m going to be so all over that contest 8| <333
so beautiful!  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Ruriska
also, I’m going to be so all over that contest 8| <333
so beautiful!

Nooooomaaaaad! Oh gosh, yes, of course he's in the club! xD <3
If you just want to write up a blurb, I'll add him to the the members list and make his banner tomorrow morning when I'm back on my desktop!

AND YES! ENTER! It's pretty much open, though I'm going to wait until tomorrow to announce it in the main thread since Corn has the goldenboy game going on right now~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:51 pm
I need to run off now, so I’ll cobble together a blurb tomorrow. But yay! Nomad shall be happy! 8D <3  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:55 pm
Ruri: He needs friendsies! <3 Haha, Desert will be his friend!

hybridic

Harper, just wanted to let you know the tribe's here! Don't worry about it if Heat Lightning's not the type! Where the Sky Meets Water is the type to join the tribe, but I actually intend for her to one day join the Tidewalkers, so I'm not sure if she's going to be a Sunchaser for now. Just giving you a heads up in case you would like Heat Lightning to join~  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 am
I think Heat Lightning would be the type! Haven't worked out his personality really extensively yet so being part of his dad's tribe would be helpful, I think. I will work on stuff for him and write up a thing in a few days -- I'm mooving tomorrow so everything's a bid mad right now.  

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 pm
hybridic

Ah, yay! ♥ Take your time~ And good luck with the move!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm
I'm Entering for Buck Three!
username ;; Blinded By Silence
name ;; As the Sun Burns [ Watch ]
my story ;; The buck known as Sky-Like-Burning is not my father. Not like Waltz is, at least. From him, I learned everything. The value of gentleness, kindness, and strength from within. But the most important thing I took from his teachings was that with patience, anything can be achieved.

When I told Waltz of how I felt towards my father, the great buck shook his mane and chuckled. He explained that, for Desert, there was an insatiable hunger to see all that the sun touches and that even the needs of his children and lovers could no hold him. He told me to step into my father's hoofprints, to follow his guide and see why Desert is the way he is. But I was frightened. I did not want to go alone. And so my soul-father and I sethoof on a grand journey; To see where the sun hides.

We trekked for many, many nights, following in the wake of the sun as it traveled time and time again across the bright sky. The nights were dark beneath the canopy. Sometimes, rain fell for stretches of time and dark clouds swallowed the bright sun, leaving us with only a faint glow to guide us. But through out all of the hardships, the calm never left Waltz's eyes. And seeing that gave me the strength to endure.

As the shadows lengthened and started to swallow the sky, we broke through the brush. My breath stopped dead in my throat and I thought my heart would stop from there sheer beauty of it all. The Ocean, he called it, the place where the sun goes to rest and the stars draw out the spirits in the waters. Waves crashed about my hooves, spray clung to my fur. And at that moment, I knew.

I knew that I would never stand still again.
zero kin newbie ;; Nope, I have three.

...Am I bad for entering this?
I-I feel a need to be a part of Star's children's lives!
> ^ <;  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am
I am so entering for that Kio twin, morphy!
Just... when I am not about to collapse.
-----------

I'm Entering for Buck One!
username ;; Amizade
name ;; Beside The Sun (Sundog)
my story ;;
SO. It's 1:30 am and I just read the contest requirements again and realised that it says to tell a story of "any part of their life" (not an explanation of why they joined Sunchasers. OTL.)
I can still do this! *brainstrorms*

Sorry if it's hard to read, it just came out in this tense and with all the commas and stuff. I do that anyway but I think it happens a lot more late at night... :S

He was young – just a little foal. He had wandered off during playtime, and then he was lost. Alone and lost.

The sun had quickly set, and the young colt shivered as the air cooled. The shadows grew longer, the noises grew scarier, and the child’s imagination ran wild. Then he had half-ran, half-stumbled through the Swamp, crying for help – for his mummy, his daddy, his brothers and sisters. For anyone.

But no one came, and the foal, scared and exhausted, had collapsed into a weeping mess.

When he next opened his eyes, the sun was peeking out from the horizon, tendrils of light reaching out across the Swamp… so warm and gentle. He had struggled to his feet and followed it, chased it. Nothing else mattered except the sun, for it would lead him home. It was his guardian and his friend; it would take care of him.

And long before noon, whether it was by chance or by the sun’s guidance, the Kiokote had ran headlong into his mother (who in turn was searching desperately for her lost son).

Home was where the sun was, and so he came to love the sun.

zero kin newbie ;; Nope! I will be joining the tribe. :3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:58 pm
SOME SORT OF HORRIBLE BLURB THING

A traveler driven onwards by a constant longing for the desert; Nomad joined the Sunchasers for the companionship that would help alleviate his loneliness. While his voice is not often heard during Sunspeak, his is an avid listener and always keen to give praise to others for their stories.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 am
I'm Entering for Buck Four!
username ;; Samuel Carlin
name ;; Storm Warning
my story ;;

All his life, or the life he'd lived so far, he'd been waiting for something. Or maybe something had been waiting for him. The urge to find it, to understand what it was, drove, always churning in his heart, in his gut and at the back of his mind.

Even as a colt, he'd had a bad case of itchy hooves, and very frequently wandered off, only to be herded back by his mother, or found by one of his siblings, just barely close enough to the rest for safety's sake.

Was he unhappy? No. Was he uncomfortable? Not exactly. Restless, though, always restless, and as he grew, he couldn't fathom the reason why.

Not until now. Not until he met the buck who'd sired him. Not raised him. Not been a father to him at all, but the one who'd planted the insatiable urge for a nameless something, like his own, deep in his son's heart.

And so Storm stood a while and considered Sky-Like-Burning, letting the words form on his tongue before he set them free.

"I don't know whether to feel relief or anger, now that I understand why I am who I am. Now that I've met you. I need to travel with you, though. I need to go the places we'll see. Maybe, in one of them, I'll find mine. My place. I'll be able to stay."

But until that happened, he would chase the sun.

zero kin newbie ;; Nope!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am
username ;; AmbitiousMoron
name ;; Covers the Sky (Cloud)
my story ;;

The sun always beckoned Cloud.

It was always ahead, no matter how fast he raced with his siblings, whooping with joy when he won and squashing sighs of disappointment when he lost. He knew that his brothers and sister were inspired by it, as well, found strength in it, but for him, it was more - an obsession.

He didn't chase after in blindly. His wanderlust was not like that. He could stand still for hours on end, for days on end, carefully tracking his idol's path across the blindingly blue sky. He watched, silently, and he planned.

His muscles were not strong enough for the chase, he knew. So he waited, and he trained.

Until one day, he knew he was ready.

And he ran.

He set a breakneck pace for himself, and stopped only to rest and eat, his body welcoming the stops. But he kept on running, never slowing, never giving up.

Then he reached the sea.

It was sunset, and the sun gently lowered it's belly onto the water's surface, it's reflection a wide streak of molten gold. Cloud stood, his muscles on fire, his breath ragged, forgetting everything, and remembering nothing. Just the sun.

He watched as the reflection grew narrower, as it's color turned red. He watched as the sun disappeared, swallowed by the welcoming blue. He watched until the sun disappeared, and the stars started twinkling in the night sky once again. The water turned a deep blue, with the depths showing their black nothingness. Fish swam in the shallows, the moon's soft light reflecting off their glittering scales.

And then Cloud turned back.

But there was no doubt that he would come back. Again and again. Alone, and with others. Others like him. Like his father. For there is no other way for the sunchaser.

zero kin newbie ;; No  

AmbitiousMoron

Conservative Dabbler

antagonisticDelighter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 pm
username ;; antagonisticDelighter
name ;; Feathers in Stormwind (Feather)
my story ;;

Feather didn't understand the concept of "home."

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy having a safe place to rest, of course. It wasn't anything like that. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate knowing that he wouldn't get lost or injured (or at least that he wouldn't be alone if he was!). It wasn't that he didn't enjoy these things, but it was simply that he felt they were everywhere.

"Home" made no more sense to him any more than it would should the sun turn black and the moon crumble into fishes. There were safe places everywhere, if one knew how to look. There was safety and sleep and food, so why was "home" so important? Yet his siblings seemed attached to the idea, the idea of staying in one area and becoming familiar with it.

Feather didn't want familiarity, unless he was familiar with everything. Each day in the same place was agonizingly more boring, presenting him with the same trees, the same marshes, the same bugs flitting about - always the same. He wanted to see more; he wanted to know the edge of the world if he could, and he wanted to live to tell all kin about its beauty - or horror.

But he waited. His body was too young, his mind too inexperienced. Those around him chided him for wandering too far, pressing too much - until one day it stopped.

One day, he was big enough, strong enough, and everyone simply stopped worrying at him. It was a simple event; Feather was released not with a bang, but the simple sigh of an adoptive mother realizing she could no longer protect the young buck.

And finally, one day, he simply wasn't there in the morning. Not dead, of course, but gone - wandering in whatever direction the breeze blew him. Feather didn't know there were others like himself - though he would learn in time; he simply knew he needed to see, because "home" was everywhere ...

And "home" needed to be familiar.

zero kin newbie ;; No~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:09 pm
username ;;SilverShieldwolf
name ;; Red Moon Rising
my story ;; He wasn't sure what he thought of his parents. Waltz talked about his life, how his parents had an ache that brought them to the swamp. Red Moon Rising, listening to the stories, felt an urge as a foal to see his homeland. Each time he walked to the edge of the swamp, someone would always bring him back. Now...Now he was an adult and wanted to step out from the swamp. He looked at his family and tribe, most of them would understand. It was time and with a nod to his family, he stepped off to his journey, knowing he would return to tell the tale. Everyone would enjoy that.
zero kin newbie ;; No

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm
username ;; Capricorn Sunchai
name ;; As It Falls (Dusk)
my story ;; He knew he was old enough. Strong enough. Fast enough. His kiokote siblings may argue that he didn't have speed, but he certainly did. On more than one occasion he had been caught slinking away at the break of dawn, the sun's light betraying him as he sought to wander past the "safe zone" that had been laid down since he had been nothing but a gangly-legged foal.

He felt an itch, though. He could sense it in a couple of his siblings as well, see it when they went just too far from mother or stayed out just longer than was allowed. As he grew older and approached young adulthood, however, it became apparent that he had it bad. Grade A wanderlust, a singing in his bones that drew him further than his family members and called him to come even farther.

So now he stood, just out of earshot from the rest of his kin. His veins burned like hot embers as blood pounded in his ears; he could go, he could run, he could see. They would be alright without him, and he would certainly return. The restlessness his body felt ached for release.

So he went. As the sun's rays sank below the horizon and covered his trail he set out for his own adventure, feet picking up speed. He finally saw his destiny; a life filled of wanderlust. It was all that he needed.
zero kin newbie ;; Nope!!

Tribes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces