Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Creative Goldie Stuff -Novel First Draft Done: 125,366 words Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want...
  to read Goldie's book!
  Goldie to do the Nuzlocke comic!
  BOTH OF THOSE THINGS!
  Goldie to shut up already!
View Results

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:44 pm
I'll have to get to workin' on my art then D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm
Those sound like nifty projects o: Congrats on getting so far on your novel  

Tudora

Omnipresent Whisperer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:02 pm
Tudora
Those sound like nifty projects o: Congrats on getting so far on your novel

Thank you! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:08 pm
Yay for progress. I remember Sword of Mana. First time I played through I didn't get too far but my friend Orenda accidentally erased it. And then I got farther but stopped and then forgot what I was doing >_>  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 pm
Ginhi~kun
Yay for progress. I remember Sword of Mana. First time I played through I didn't get too far but my friend Orenda accidentally erased it. And then I got farther but stopped and then forgot what I was doing >_>

I should finish Sword of Mana on that swanky GBA SP I have heart

By the way, in case you're curious, my current rate of writing is about 2918 words a week. Of course, that fluctuates, but it's good to know that I'm exceeding my weekly goals. Technically, my goal originally was 250 a day, 1750 a week. I bumped it up to 2000 so it would be nice and round, but I still try to write everyday even if I've written a lot over the weekend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:33 pm
I have never played any of the Mana games :C  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 pm
DarkMoonSlayer
I have never played any of the Mana games :C

You could get it for the Virtual Console, but considering how easy it is to emulate, that might just be a better choice.

Also, I just discovered that when they re-released the game for iOS, they UPDATED THE CHARACTER ART. I don't know how I feel about the changes to my beloved Sprite...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:19 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

well, looking at the game guide and the booklet, that's actually close to what Sprite looked like (though i never realized the girl was an elf. that's new)

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

well, looking at the game guide and the booklet, that's actually close to what Sprite looked like (though i never realized the girl was an elf. that's new)

I mean, it does look similar, but...I dunno, I remember thinking not too long ago, "Man, look at the character designs for Children of Mana and all the other Mana games that have come out since then. The costumes are so freaking detailed and different." The original designs for all the SoM characters were a lot less ornate. I mean, this is better quality and more similar to the artwork for the other games...but it still looks way too detailed for what I have in my head for them. Like...I think my biggest problem with the Sprite is that big yellow apron it's got on. And the green is a totally different shade. I dunno. I nitpick.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:04 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

I mean, it does look similar, but...I dunno, I remember thinking not too long ago, "Man, look at the character designs for Children of Mana and all the other Mana games that have come out since then. The costumes are so freaking detailed and different." The original designs for all the SoM characters were a lot less ornate. I mean, this is better quality and more similar to the artwork for the other games...but it still looks way too detailed for what I have in my head for them. Like...I think my biggest problem with the Sprite is that big yellow apron it's got on. And the green is a totally different shade. I dunno. I nitpick.

when did the girl become an elf? (and happy-go-lucky, for that matter?)

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:10 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Heck, they all look way too happy for their own good now. But yeah, the elf thing kinda threw me off a little bit too. But considering that SD3 has elves, and they've been shown to age slower than humans, does that mean the Girl is also a lot older than the Boy?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:15 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Heck, they all look way too happy for their own good now. But yeah, the elf thing kinda threw me off a little bit too. But considering that SD3 has elves, and they've been shown to age slower than humans, does that mean the Girl is also a lot older than the Boy?

maybe, which would account for her sarcasm and all (yet she has a human family...maybe she's adopted?)

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 pm
So now that I'm out of the military, I have so much more time for writing. I've decided, for the time being, to treat writing like a job, so yesterday, and for the first half of today, I've spent about six solid hours writing. The result? I wrote yesterday than I have in any of my previous weeks, about 3500 words. I'm already up to about 2000 for the first four hours today. If I keep this up, I should be done with the first act of my story really soon~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm
Wrote 4,633 words today. You may have noticed that the word count it approaching 30,000 words. For most of the day I've been writing the climax of my first act, so I'm glad to be "halfway" to an average length novel, though if I'm not mistaken, my second act should be longer than my first one.

But man, writing this part of the book has been so much fun. I hope that when you all read it you'll enjoy it too~  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Tudora

Omnipresent Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm
Yay for getting tons done!

Out of curiosity, what genre is the book?  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff