Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Blythe Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm
Jonathan Blythe // Natasha Blythe // Adalaide Blythe
Potioneer & Herbologist // Home: Living room // Wearing
Housewife/Gardener // Home: Kitchen // Wearing
Unsorted // First Year // Home: Bedroom // Wearing
════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

spaceJonathan wrinkled his brow and rubbed his eyes under his glasses, grimacing. He was definitely not a morning person. But, today he started his first day as an official member of the Society of Potioneers, and he wanted to get into his office bright and early in case of any meetings or anything of that nature. As such, he was awake much earlier than he normally would be. He glanced at the Daily Prophet, attempting to read the article in front of him, but the words seemed to be swimming. He groaned. "This is such an awful hour to be awake." He glanced at his wife, Natasha, as she hummed, making his breakfast. "How can you be so bloody cheerful?"

spaceNatasha smiled over her shoulder, chuckling a little at his grouchy attitude. "You've always known I was a morning person, dear. I don't know why you're acting like it's news now. Now, drink your coffee, get some caffeine in your system. Your breakfast is almost ready."

spaceJonathan grunted in answer before bringing the mug of coffee to his mouth. Honestly, he'd forgotten it was there. But, just sipping the warm liquid was making him feel a little better.

spaceMeanwhile, Adalaide was in her bedroom, getting dressed for the day. When she opened her closet, she stared wistfully at her overalls and T-shirts, knowing that her mother would tan her hide if she came downstairs wearing them. They were going to the grocery store today after her father left, and her mother expected her to dress 'like a lady' when they were in public. She wrinkled her nose, looking almost exactly like her father when she did so, and sighed, grabbing an orange dress and some yellow stockings to wear to the store.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Potioneer & Herbologist // Home: Living Room // Wearing
Housewife/Gardener // Home: Kitchen // Wearing
Unsorted // First Year // Home: Kitchen // Wearing

User Image

spaceAt around 5 o'clock, the flames in the living room fireplace turned green, and Jonathan stepped out, dusting a bit of soot off his shoulder. "I'm home, darlings!" he called, dropping down on his knee to catch Adalaide.

spaceAs predicted, the girl, who had previously been in the kitchen helping her mother put the groceries away, immediately took off in the direction of her father. "Daddy, daddy! Welcome home!" When he caught her, she swung herself up and wrapped her legs around him, hugging him tight.

spaceNatasha gave her husband and daughter a warm smile, putting the last of the groceries away before crossing to the living room. As she approached the two, she opened her arms, wrapping Jonathan and Adalaide both in them. "Welcome home, love. How was work? Did you make any progress?"

spaceJonathan dropped Adalaide a soon as the two of them let go. He crossed to his favorite chair and dropped into it, offering Nat a slow, tired smile. "Actually, yes. Seems being away from the house- and all the distractions- helped quite a bit. I got a lot done. But, that being said... work never really felt like work before. But, now it does, and I'm exhausted." He leaned his head back, rubbing his eyes.

spaceAdalaide jumped up onto her dad's chair, snuggling up against him. "I'm really tired, too, daddy. We went and did all the shopping, and I had to walk all day! Maybe we should take a nap!"

spaceHer mother rolled her eyes a little and walked over to the chair. She picked Ada up out of it and sat her on the couch, putting a finger on the tip of her nose. "You've gone shopping many times before, little one, and never been as tuckered out as you're acting. I think you just missed your father. But, he needs a minute of rest. Let him relax, and come to the kitchen. Help me make dinner. You were complaining about being starving only five minutes ago." She moved back into the kitchen, opening the cabinets to pull out various pans and things. Tonight, she was making a roast chicken especially for Jonathan. It would take a while to cook. She estimated that, since they'd picked it up fresh from the market and it was thawed, it would be ready around 7 o'clock.

spaceAdalaide pouted a little, but she jumped up quick enough, running to the kitchen, happy to help make her daddy's favorite meal for him after his long day at work.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 pm
Potioneer & Herbologist // Home: Kitchen // Wearing
Housewife & Gardener // Home: Kitchen // Wearing

User Image

spaceJonathan awoke the next day at about 10:00, a much more reasonable hour to his mind, and immediately got dressed to work in the garden. He'd decided to only go into the office three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he'd work in the garden with Natasha and Adalaide, and they as a family would take the weekends off. This being a garden day, he pulled on his jeans and a simple button up shirt before heading down the hall, smelling the eggs and potatoes cooking in the kitchen. 'Now, that is a good wake up.' "Morning, love," he called, walking up behind Natasha and wrapping his arms around her, moving in to give her a kiss on the cheek.

spaceNatasha leaned back into her husbands arms, and turned her head so that his kiss landed on her lips. "Good morning, dear. You seem much happier today than yesterday." She was sure that the inspiration behind his chipper mood was related to the fact that this time, he was waking up at his preferred time, rather than a couple hours earlier. Before yesterday, she didn't think she'd ever seen him up before 9:30, so his waking up at 7 had been a shock.

spaceSure enough, his face broke into a wide grin, and he gave her another kiss. "It's nice to be up after the sun. I didn't really care for waking up in the dark." It was a bit of an understatement, but the truth more or less. If he'd wanted to really explain how he felt, he'd have said he absolutely despised being up that early, but he knew better than to say that word, or any derivative of it, in front of Adalaide, who was sitting at the table, eating her own breakfast. It was one of her pet peeves.

spaceHe needn't have worried, though. The entire exchange went more or less unnoticed by the eleven year old. She was too interested in her breakfast, and thinking about the work ahead of them today. She absolutely loved working in the garden, and was happy that they'd be doing that today instead of going anywhere, or doing housework. Tomorrow, when her dad went back to work, her mother had told her they'd be doing some cleaning, which she was not looking forward to. She'd rather play in the dirt than clean it up. 'The house isn't even dirty... why can't we work out there tomorrow, too? It's bad enough we had to go to the store yesterday, now I have to help clean? No fun.' But, today they were working in the garden, pulling weeds and repotting some plants. Most specifically, the Mandrakes, which Ada was super excited about. This would be the first time her parents were letting her actually repot them on her own, with supervision, of course. She was eager to get started. "Mama, Daddy, when are we going to get to work?"

spaceNatasha smiled and pointed a wooden spoon at Ada. "Your father needs to eat first, little miss, as do I. Patience is a virtue, you know."

spaceAda pouted again before returning to her food. She wasn't finished yet, anyway.

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 pm
Housewife & Gardener // Home: Living Room // Wearing
Unsorted // First Year // Home: Bedroom // Wearing

User Image

spaceWhen his alarm went off the next morning, he groaned and brought a hand to his face, rubbing his eyes. Up at seven again, much to his chargrin. But, these were the hours he'd decided to work, in order to optimize the time he spend working. Since he wouldn't be working at all from home, with the exception of in the garden and greenhouse, he wanted to be as productive as possible on the days he went into the office. So, here he was, waking up three hours earlier than he really wanted to be. He climbed out of bed and got dressed, dragging his feet a little. 'Wonder how long I'll keep this schedule before I give in and decide to go in and work later in the day... ' Nat had made fun of him a little when he'd told her what he'd intended to do for his schedule. He was probably insisting on keeping to the hours he'd set just to prove he could.

spaceNatasha had woken up an hour ago, as she always did on cleaning days. Adalaide wouldn't be up until around 10 or 11, so Natasha had plenty of time to do some cleaning on her own. She was a tad particular about how she kept her house, so it was no surprise that she woke up so much earlier than her daughter on the days they were to clean. Adalaide had a tendency to mess up the organization of the kitchen cabinets and such when she put things away, and could never seem to move the furniture back into the right place after she vacuumed the floors. Thus far, Natasha had reorganized the shelves in the living room and kitchen. She was just about to get started on the vacuuming when Jonathan wandered down the stairs. 'Up early again... who'd have ever guessed?' "Morning, love."

spaceJonathan gave a small grunt, moving into the kitchen for some coffee. Unfortunately, there wasn't any brewed. He pouted a little. "No coffee?"

spaceNat blushed a little, and frowned. "Sorry, Jon. I didn't actually think you'd be up so early again."

spaceHe sighed, waving his wand to gather everything up. The coffee grounds measured themselves, and a mug flew to the counter, along with the sugar and cream. The coffee pot filled with water and set itself on the stove, and the grounds poured themselves in. He waited for everything to brew and fixed himself a mug. After a few sips, he felt a little better. "Understandable, of course. I do hate being up this early." He walked to the cabinet and grabbed a banana to eat for breakfast before walking to Nat and kissing her cheek. "I'm going to go on to the office, I have some brewing to do." With that, he grabbed a handful of Floo powder and tossed it into the fireplace, letting it whisk him away to the office

Meanwhile, Adalaide was still in bed, sleeping. She was having a rather strange dream, but she wouldn't remember it when she awoke.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:46 pm
Housewife & Gardener // Home: Kitchen // Wearing

User Image

spaceFor what was possibly the first time in her entire life, Adalaide was the first person to wake. She'd hardly slept at all the night before. She was just too excited. Normally she didn't like going shopping, but today would be different. Because today, they weren't going to the market for groceries or house supplies. Today, they would be going to Diagon Alley. Today, Adalaide would be getting her books, her robes... her wand. She'd gotten her Hogwarts letter the day before. Mama and Papa had decided to go shopping for her supplies immediately, sensing how excited she was. And yet, they were still in bed. 'Come on, Mama,' she thought desperately. 'You should totally already be awake by now.' Not true, of course. The sun was still rising, and Natasha never woke up before it was completely up. She preferred the natural light it let in to work by. But, Adalaide wasn't exactly thinking straight. She just wanted to go.

spaceAn hour after her daughter woke up, Natasha got out of bed and got dressed to make breakfast. She considered waking up Jonathan as well, but changed her mind, deciding that she'd get him up once breakfast was ready. 'No sense in waking him up too early. He'll be grumpy all day if I get him up now. Especially after being up so early yesterday.' She went into the kitchen, surprised to see Adalaide already up. "What are you doing up already, Ada?" She didn't think she'd ever seen her daughter up so early. She'd inherited her father's tendency to sleep late.

spaceAdalaide almost jumped at her mother's voice. The house had been so quiet up until now that the sound had startled her. "I woke up a while ago, Mama... I just couldn't sleep! I'm so excited!"

spaceNatasha smiled and got started on breakfast. The two of them chit chatted a bit, just discussing the plans for the day and such. The even talked a little about Hogwarts, although of course Natasha couldn't say much on that front. But, she did discover that Adalaide was a little nervous about the sorting ceremony. 'I'd better talk to Jonathan about that,' she thought. Adalaide said she wanted to be in Ravenclaw, like her father, but... something about her tone told Natasha there was more to it than Adalaide was sharing.

spaceJust as Natasha finished fixing breakfast, Jonathan came out of the bedroom and walked down the hall to the kitchen. "Good morning," he mumbled, reaching for the cup of coffee that was already waiting for him on the counter. He took a couple of sips before sitting down at the table with Ada.

spaceNatasha served them each a plate of the eggs, sausage and hash browns she'd fixed, and the family sat down to eat. Natasha was a little surprised to see that, once Jonathan joined them, Adalaide was suddenly silent on the subject of Hogwarts. It just went as more evidence that Ada wasn't being completely honest about her true feelings about her sorting. But, she kept her mouth shut, and they finished eating. As soon as the meal was over, Jonathan Apparated them to Diagon Alley.

Blythe family exit to Diagon Alley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 pm
Potioneer & Herbologist // Home // Wearing
Housewife & Gardener // Home // Wearing
Unsorted // First Year // Home // Wearing

User Image

spaceNatasha awoke late that morning, much to her dismay. It was already 7:30 when the naturally early riser awoke on her own. Her eyes widened in panic as she realized that her alarm hadn't gone off that morning. She groaned. The power was out. Excellent. She rushed out of bed and got dressed, then ran to Adalaide's room to get her daughter up. Thankfully, they'd packed the night before. "Adalaide, sweet, you need to get up. It's already 7:30!"

spaceAdalaide came to groggily, not grasping the reason for her mother's panic for a long moment. Then, finally, it hit her. She was supposed to be on the train in less than two hours! She jumped out of bed and started getting dressed, mentally going over her check list to be sure she had everything. 'Books... robes... wand... that goes in my pocket, of course... quills, parchment, potions supplies...' Confident she had everything packed, she raced down the stairs. It would take at least an hour to get to the station. They had to leave!

spaceJonathan was awakened by the sounds of his daughter banging around in her bedroom as she got ready. He got up and got dressed quickly, hoping to catch her before she left. Luckily, he beat her out. As he waited by the fireplace, he heard a soft mewling at his feet and glanced down. Dracula was curling around his shoe. He scooped the kitten up, smiling. Ada would be so upset if she'd left him; he couldn't be owled to her like her supplies could. He popped the kitten into his carrier and strapped it to the top of her trolley.

spaceAdalaide ran down the hall to the main room and found her father standing by the fireplace, clearly waiting to see her before he left for the office. She ran up to him and jumped into his arms, hugging him close and kissing his cheek. She mumbled goodbye just as her mother came to them and took her away from her father.

spaceNatasha grabbed her daughter and kissed her husbands cheek. "I know we wanted to take our time saying goodbye, dear, but I have to get her to the station now. I'll see you tonight."

spaceJonathan nodded and leaned over to kiss them both, wiping tears from Adalaide's eyes. "You're going to have so much fun at school, poppet. Just wait." He scooped up a handful of Floo Powder and left for work.

spaceAt the same time, Natasha was setting Ada down and grabbing her trolley to load it. They were gone within five minutes, on their way to the train station.

**Jonathan Blythe exit to his office ** Natasha and Adalaide Blythe exit to King's Cross **

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm
Time skip from the beginning of Ada's first year to summer after.
Because I am a terrible person and failed to pay attention to anything going on here over the 'school year.'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm
CURRENTLY WITH // Natasha & Adalaide
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervous; excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I wonder how she'll take the news...'
CURRENTLY WITH // Jonathan & Adalaide
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy; excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm so glad we could wait until she got home to give her the news...'
Hufflepuff // Second Year // Home: Living Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Mama & Dad
CURRENTLY FEELING // 'Happy; curious'
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What's going on...?'

User Image

spaceWhen the family arrived home from picking Ada up at King's Cross, Jonathan was coming out of his skin with excitement and nervousness; they had something very big to tell their daughter. He was, of course, sure that she would be just as excited as they were, but he couldn't help but worry that perhaps the news would upset her. One could never predict how children would react to such news; Ada had been an only child for all her life; how on Earth would she handle a change in that constant?

spaceNatasha, for her part, had no doubt that their daughter, now their oldest, would be every bit as happy and excited as they both were. It would be a big change, but she had faith that Ada would take this as she did anything else; with enthusiasm and grace. She was certain that their daughter would be the perfect child in this, just as she always had been in the past.

spaceAdalaide watched her parents warily; she knew them, and she knew when they were up to something. There was something they wanted to say to her, although she couldn't imagine what it might be. It seemed like it would be big. She doubted very highly if they were moving; her father loved their home, loved his garden. Since he used the Floo network, there was no inconvenience of travel to work. They couldn't be getting another pet; they each had one already, and both her mother and father were quite happy with the ones they had. Besides, if that were it, they'd hardly be nervous. Ada wasn't sure of much, but one of the things she knew for a fact was that whatever it was, it was good news. They both kept looking at each other and smiling these secret little smiles; it'd been bugging Ada ever since she got off the train. She already missed Michelle, and was keen to write her; perhaps she should write some of her other 'friends' as well, she thought. Perhaps she could talk to her parents about them coming over for a sleepover one night. The house was small, but none of Ada's friends, except for perhaps Michelle, were very loud or rambunctious... that train of thought stopped abruptly, though, when she noticed, once again, that her father was smiling at her mother, a twinkle in his eye. She scowled. What was going on? How long could the possibly take to tell her?

spaceFinally, finally, her mother took a deep breath, and got down on one knee before her daughter, smiling wide. "Adalaide, dearest, your father and I have some very big news to share with you." When her daughter responded by rolling her eyes, Nat's brow arched. "What was that for, young miss?

spaceAda sighed in exasperation. "Mama, I already know that you have news. I've known since I got off the train! What I don't know is why you haven't just told me yet!" She spoke with the impatience of a child, her eyes wide, waiting. She would die of curiosity if they didn't get to it. Whatever was going on, it was huge. Her father kept shifting his weight from one leg to the other, something he only did when he was nervous. She wondered why he should be nervous; whatever was going on, it was a good thing, right? They kept smiling like it was...

spaceJonathan cleared his throat and sat down on the footstool next to where Nat stood, putting a hand on Ada's shoulder, smiling, crinkling his eyes. "Adalaide, honey, we just... this is a very big deal. It's hard to... it's hard to tell you..." Jonathan wanted to say it, wanted it to just fall out, but he couldn't. Natasha wanted to be the one to actually say it. Besides, he wasn't sure if he could say it at all. Ada was a good girl, a sweet girl.. but this was uncharted territory with her, and she hadn't always reacted well to change.

spaceAda groaned. "You're going to have to tell me eventually, right? So you might as well do it now." She crossed her arms, waiting expectantly.

spaceNatasha nodded, smiling at her. She too placed a hand on their daughters shoulder, and leaned in. "Adalaide, sweet, you are absolutely right," she said, taking a deep breath, pausing just long enough to make Ada squirm. "Adalaide, dear... you're going to be a big sister."

spaceAda's eyebrows shot up, her eyes growing wide as dinner plates, and suddenly, she was off like a rocket, down the hall to her room to write to Michelle, right now, to tell her. Her parents could hear her having little random outbursts, all very enthusiastic and excited. After a moment, she starting saying, over and over, in a sing-songy voice, "A baby, a baby, we're gonna have a baby!"

spaceNatasha chuckled. "And you were worried."

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm
CATLIN FAMILY~

|||Half-blood Family|||Live In Tinworth|||Three People|||

Vincent Catlin Father to One Guardian to One - Half Blood

Michelle Catlin Orphan Slytherin Second Year - Pure Blood
Olyvia Catlin Nine Years Old - Half Blood
User Image

Marko zoomed in through the open window and fluttered around in excited circles hooting loudly. The bird noticed Adalaide, and dived to her, landing softly on her shoulder and holding out his leg with the letter from Michelle tied to it.
Dear Ada,
That's fantastic news. I'm so excited for you. Being a big sister is the best. I would know... haha you know with have three little sisters and all. I can't wait for you to meet Ver and Elli this year at Hogwarts.
Anyways, I'd love to come over to your house sometime. I've been kind of alone since summer started anyways. Vincent keeps forgetting that I'm back from school and leaving for the sweets shop before I wake up. I've already bought all my supplies for next year. Have you?
I can't wait to see you! Write me back with a date when we can see eachother.
Love, Michelle.

OOC: ....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:37 pm
CURRENTLY WITH // Natasha & Adalaide
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervous; excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It'll be so nice to have a baby in the house again...'
CURRENTLY WITH // Jonathan & Adalaide
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy; excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm going to have to visit a tailor to get some of my clothes altered...'
Hufflepuff // Second Year // Home: Living Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Mama & Dad
CURRENTLY FEELING // 'Happy; curious'
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, a reply from Michelle!'

User Image

spaceJonathan got up late the a couple mornings later, waking up a little groggy and not at all looking forward to going in to work. He and Natasha had been up late, making plans to add a room to their home for the baby. Obviously, for the first year or so, he or she would stay in their room, but they still needed to start building onto the house for the baby's room. Plus, Nat's morning sickness had gotten really bad around one in the morning. He sighed. That was one thing he'd not missed about this whole thing. He hated for Nat to suffer so much. But, of course, she kept saying it was worth it. He went downstairs, skipping breakfast at home. Natasha was still in bed, and he wasn't about to wake her up for breakfast. He decided to make a stop for some donuts on the way to work. He apparated to Diagon Alley

spaceNatasha woke up late, and more than a little sick feeling. Her first stop was to the bathroom to take care of her symptoms, and then she was downstairs, doing a little cleaning and making a quick breakfast for herself and Ada. She hummed quietly to herself, a smile on her face. She couldn't seem to stop smiling, it was just so exciting! She had a doctor's visit next week, that would be fun. For her, at least. She wasn't sure if Ada would enjoy it much... but then, she seemed so happy about the prospect of a baby that perhaps she would be just as excited as she was. That thought in mind, she prepared a batch of pumpkin pancakes for Ada. The girl love them so much that they had a special room which Jonathan had charmed to hold a constant Autumnal atmosphere so that they would always grow.

spaceAda awoke to the smell of pumpkin wafting down the hallway, and she smiled wide. She was definitely home! She bounced up out of bed and got dressed quickly, excited, both because of the pancakes and because of the baby. She couldn't stop thinking about it. She was really excited. "Good morning, Mama," she said, sitting down at the table. Before her mother could give her any of the pancakes she had stacked on the counter, an owl flew in an open window flew around and around overhead before landing on Ada's shoulder. She took the letter from his proffered leg and opened it, smiling as she read it.

spaceNatasha smiled. "A letter from Michelle, I take it?" she asked, knowing full well that was exactly what it was.

spaceAda nodded, smiling. "She says that she's really happy for us about the baby. And that Vincent keeps forgetting her at home when he goes in to work," she added, grimacing a little at that. "Aw, she already got her school supplies! I was hoping we could go together..." Ada looked to her mother. "Mama, are we busy today? You think that we could go to Diagon Alley and talk to Vincent about her staying with us for a few days? She says she's kind of lonely..."

spaceNatasha smiled. "We've got absolutely nothing to do today, sweet. Eat your breakfast and we'll head out. I need to stop by the tailor's and inquire about the price on altering some of my clothes anyway." She would hate to have to get all new clothes for her pregnancy. Surely having them altered would be cheaper?

spaceAda took the plate of pancakes offered to her and ate them quickly, something extremely out of character for her. But, she really wanted to see her friend. She got up and got ready to go, and then they each grabbed and handful of Floo Powder and were off to Diagon Alley.

** Exit Jonathan Blythe to the office, exit Natasha and Adalaide Blythe to Diagon Alley **

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm
Time skip from the summer before Ada's second year to summer after.
Because I am a terrible person and failed to pay attention to anything going on here over the 'school year.'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm
Jonathan Blythe // Natasha Blythe // Adalaide Blythe // Sebastian Blythe
Potioneer & Herbologist // Living Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Baby Sebastian
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It's so nice to have everyone home...'
Housewife & Gardener // Kitchen // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Adalaide
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'She's getting so big while she's away from home...'
Hufflepuff // Third Year // Kitchen // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Natasha
CURRENTLY FEELING // Hungry
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I hope that Mama hurries up with breakfast...'
Baby // Living Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Jonathan
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Where did daddy go??? Oh, there he is!'

User Image

spaceJonathan was positioned low on the floor of the living room, his belly to the floor, in front of the new baby. He smiled as Sebastian as the two played peek-a-boo, his eyes crinkling when he smiled each time the boy would laugh. When Bastian looked away for a moment, distracted by the dog jumping up onto the chair, he glanced into the kitchen, smiling. "How's breakfast coming, girls?" he called, turning back to the baby before he got an answer, listening for it instead. Sebastian had returned his attention to his father, and was demanding that they continue playing.

spaceThe baby, seated up with the help of a small cushion, chose at that moment to plop down onto his belly, his legs wriggling. There was something he wanted to do... but he just hadn't quite figured it out yet. Before he could make a better attempt, however, his father picked him back up and sat him back in the chair, talking to him. Bastian didn't understand the words, of course, but the tone was kind and soft, and the one generally used when he or his mother were trying to stop him from doing something. He fell forward again, and laughed.

spaceNatasha watched from the kitchen, her eyes sparkling. The way the two of them played... it was so nice to see her husband with a baby again. He was really in his element there, as a father. Nat knew he'd been missing out on a lot because of Ada being away at school. It made her happy to see that he was enjoying time with the new baby. She turned back to her cooking. "It's coming fine, dear. Give it another ten minutes." She wanted to laugh that he'd addressed both her and Ada. She still wasn't entirely comfortable letting the girl cook... which was foolish, of course, since she was thirteen, after all, but Natasha had trouble remembering that at times. She glanced to her daughter, her eyes misting a little. It was hard to believe she was growing up so fast; of course, it had a lot to do with her being away at school, and them not actually seeing her grow, but still, it amazed Nat that the girl had gotten so big without them noticing. "So, Adalaide, you didn't tell us yet, did anything interesting happen this year at school?" They'd kept in touch with letters, of course, but those had mostly been about her lessons. The only thing that she'd told them about was what had happened at the feast; how that horrible boy had tried to make Michelle think that she didn't like the girl, and didn't want Ada to be friends with her! Of all the petty things for a child to do... she could hardly believe it. Luckily, the girl hadn't bought it, and Adalaide and her were still thick as thieves. Natasha intended to have the whole family over for dinner one night to be sure that there were no ruffled feathers.

spaceAdalaide shrugged, looking back at her mother from where her gaze had been, on her baby brother. She smiled. "Well, some weird stuff happened. You remember me telling you about Marina, the Slytherin girl who was always fighting with Damien? We got pretty close this year, but I think the two of them... I dunno, patched things up? We were in one of our classes, I don't remember which, and she answered a question... and all of a sudden, he pipes up, backing her up like she needed to be defended! Weird thing about it is, she's a halfblood, like me... I don't know what to make of it." Ada tapped her fingers on the counter thoughtfully. The things going on between those two... it was weird to say the least. She shrugged again. It didn't bother her in the least, she was just really confused. Last she'd checked, Damien hated halfbloods, and Marina hated his snobbish attitude. Somewhere, both of those things must have changed, because she was still a halfblood, and he was just as snobby.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image
Șɵɵʈ

A brown owl comes swooping into the picturesque cottage taking in the sights and colors before going back to her original task and pecking on a window. When opened she landed on the sill and offered her leg with a letter attached to it.

Nell

Hey Ada!

How's your summer going so far? Haiti was fun as always but that's not the reason I'm writing. Due to some circumstances at the Inn we're coming back early from vacation by the end of the week so I was wondering if you'd like to meet in Diagon during the weekend. I'm owling Marina and Rose to join and I have some really cool things I think you gals would like! Pretty please say yes?

Your friend,
Nell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm
User Image
The Blythes……………………………………………………
Jonathan // Natasha // Adalaide // Sebastian
Former Ravenclaw // Potioneer & Herbologist // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my wife, Natashaspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Familyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It's nice to have Adalaide home...' spacespac
Muggle // Gardener & Housewife // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my husband, Jonathanspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So, Adalaide's home, that means Beef Stew with a Pumpkin Pie for dessert.' spacespac
Hufflepuff // Fifth Year // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It's nice to be home... although I already miss my friends...' spacespac
Future Hogwarts Student // Toddler // Wearing at Homespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Sister is home, sister is home!' spacespac

Jonathan sat in his chair in the living room of their home with a pleasant smile on his face, a book in one hand and a quill in the other. Usually, Natasha didn't like for him to work in the living room, but she always made an exception on the first couple of nights Adalaide was home. Besides, it wasn't as though him making a mess was a real concern; he could simply charms whatever stains he created away. He smiled at his daughter, who sat on the couch across from him, holding her brother in her lap, bouncing him playfully. It was nice to see that the time apart didn't seem to affect their relationship... although that was in part on account of Natasha and he constantly talking about 'Sister' and showing him pictures of her all the time. The only thing Sebastian didn't seem to get was why the small, moving girl couldn't talk. But, the real girl could, and he was pleased to see that the two of them were getting along famously.

Natasha watched from the kitchen as Adalaide and Sebastian got reacquainted with one another, her eyes bright. It was good to know that hers and Jonathan's efforts to ensure that Sebastian recognized her as his sister and not a stranger were successful. It probably didn't hurt that Sebastian was so outgoing. Even if Ada were a stranger to him, she doubted very much if it'd phase him to sit in her lap. Meanwhile, Nat was hard at work chopping up vegetables and preparing dinner. Adalaide being home meant that dinner tonight would be a Beef Stew, and Pumpkin Pie for dessert, her favorites. Natasha had already baked the pie and Jonathan had charmed it to stay warm for her, so that Adalaide wouldn't smell it and know. Nat supposed it was probably silly to think that the girl didn't expect a pie, but then, they'd never baked her one for her return before. She did always get pumpkin something for dinner or breakfast, but never her absolute favorite treat for dessert. Nat smiled. It was good to have her daughter home. "So, Adalaide, how was school this year? Anything of interest, any gossip?" Nat's tone was a little teasing, her eyes brightening on the word 'gossip.' She didn't believe in such things, not really, but she knew that her daughter liked to recount things going on in her friend's lives. It wasn't really gossip at all, but she did like to tease.

Adalaide cocked an eyebrow at her mother's use of the hated 'G' word, but smiled a bit. She knew that her parents liked to know what was going on in school, and she had to admit she rather liked sharing with them. "Well... You remember Nell, right? The friend I went to meet at Diagon Alley last year? She has a girlfriend now, another girl in our House and Year, Rose. I don't know Rose very well but she seems really nice." Ada didn't even pause for a moment after announcing that one of her friends was gay (or was she bisexual? Ada wasn't sure, but she knew Nell'd had a rather big crush on Cameron in their earlier years, and she'd seemed a bit interested in 'tall, dark and handsome' Chris). She knew that her parent's didn't care about such things, which was nice. She thought for a moment. Better not to tell them about her adventure with the older boy. They'd only worry about her. So, she moved on. "Gracie, you know, Michelle's cousin? She didn't show up for any of her lessons except for Astronomy and Ghost and Ghoul Studies all year. I wanted to make a joke about her suddenly being nocturnal, but I thought it might be mean, and I'm not really close to her like I am Michelle, so I just dropped it. And... let me think..." Her eyes widened as she recalled what was probably the most important thing she needed to tell her parents. "Oh! Um, by the way... Damien and Marina, they're uh, they're dating now, like, officially, he gave her his family ring and everything, and you know how his parents are, and we got pretty close again since he was dating one of my best friends, and I sort of pushed them together a little bit, so we were talking on the train and I told him that if his parents kick him out... thathecouldcomestayherewithus." Ada rushed through the last bit, her face growing red. She'd been a bit surprised to learn that she and Damien had been thinking the same thing, that he could stay with her since neither Marina nor Dominic's house would be viable. But, when the subject had come up, she'd said she was sure it would be fine... and she hoped that it was. Her parents were very kind, and very loving people, and they'd never blamed Damien for his behavior. She only hoped that kindness would extend far enough to give the boy a roof in case he needed it.

Jonathan glanced up from his book, his eyebrow cocked, his expression incredulous and unreadable. "Offered up the spare bedroom without asking, eh? And to Damien Edgeworth..." Seeing the worry on his daughter's face, Jonathan dropped the menacing act and smiled a bit. "That's perfectly fine, sweetheart. We wouldn't want him to suffer for the attitude of his parents if he's stepping away from their ideals. It's good to know that he's growing out of their prejudice."

Natasha threw a washcloth at her husband for teasing their daughter over something that was clearly very important to her, and smiled at Adalaide. "Of course he is more than welcome here, sweet. I mean, his other friend is another Slytherin, right? I'm sure he wouldn't be welcome in their home. And it wouldn't be proper for him to stay with Marina, her being his girlfriend and them being only fifteen and all. I'm very proud of you for opening up to him and offering him a place to stay after everything that happened when you were little. It shows great maturity." Nat had always known her daughter was wise beyond her years, and a kind, gentle soul, two things that combined to make a very caring, very good-hearted person. She went back to cooking with a thoughtful expression, wondering what exactly Damien was like nowadays. He'd been a sweet child until he'd found out she was a muggle.

Adalaide smiled. Good, that was out of the way. No worries, then. She'd have to borrow Feathers and write Damien to let him know that if he needed to, he could come to her place. Later, though. She looked back at Sebastian, bouncing him on her knee and playing with him. She'd missed her little brother more than pretty much anything else while she'd been away at school.

Sebastian listened to the conversation, not following any of it at all, of course, smiling and giggling along. When Adalaide turned back to him, he laughed and started talking to her, silly toddler gibberish that of course she could only half understand. He could smell dinner cooking in the kitchen and knew that there was something in the microwave that their parents were hiding from his sister, and he wanted it, whatever it was. But, he would have to wait, so he made himself content with playing with his sister for now.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash