Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Rules of Attraction⇋ [full ~ PropheticallyLost] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm
User Image

█████████████████████████████xx☁☀xx████
AND MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE ONE TO SAVE MExxxxxBECAUSE AFTER ALL.xxxxxYOU'RE MY WONDERWALL
AND MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE ONE TO SAVE MExxxxxBECAUSE AFTER ALLxxxxxYOU'RE MY WONDERWALL
AND MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE ONE TO SAVE MExxxxxBECAUSE AFTER ALLxxxxxYOU'RE MY WONDERWALL

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Dottie was busy rummaging through the cabinets. She was on her toes and silently talking to herself, seeing what she could make into what. She was so involved with what she was doing, that she didn't hear the entrance of another person. It wasn't until she heard her name that she realized someone was with her. Dottie turned and looked at the person. Marcus, Darren's older brother. She had seen him around a few times but they had never really spoken. This was probably the first time he had even acknowledge her. "Dottie, right?" She nodded slowly at him, a redness creeping into her cheeks. He smiled at her then and the blush went darker. Her eyes were wide and she could feel her heart picking up speed. And in a moment he was gone. Dottie tried smoothing out her hair, only to be rewarded with it sticking up more. She sighed.
xxDottie looked to Darren after getting everything prepared for the meal. She stuck it in the oven and set the timer. Darren had paused the game. Dottie walked into the living room to hear him talking on his phone. She cocked her head and looked at him. He held up a finger and continued to talk in a low voice. Dottie waited patiently, checking the food. Darren was on the phone for a long time and Dottie couldn't hear what he was saying. Not that she was really listening, it was none of her business and she wasn't the type to eavesdrop. When Darren hung up, he sighed. "What's wrong Darren?" "I can't walk you home tonight Dottie. You might just have to stay here." "But I have to work tomorrow. I don't want to miss a day. If it comes down to it. . . I'll...walk alone." "Dottie, I wouldn't make you do that." Darren sighed. Dottie wondered what was going on to where Darren couldn't walk her home.
xx The reason Darren walked her home every night was because Dottie was deathly afraid of being alone. Especially at night. It's not because of any normal reason, but she had had so much trauma in her life, that she was paranoid about walking home. She would do it if she had to. But if she could have someone go with her, it would make her feel all the better. Dottie sighed, "I'll be fine Darren. I'll get over my fear and walk alone tonight" As brave as she sounded, Dottie could feel herself shaking pretty bad.

[[OOC: It's perfectly fine. I love long posts.]]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

Marcus was back on his bed, sitting on the very edge of the mattress with his head in his hands. It was strange to hear nothing but normal sounds. It was dangerous to keep them away, though, because it made the mean ones meaner and all the Voices stronger. Even the Black/White Voice. It showed up after long periods of plainly not being allowed in. Sure, Marcus would thank the Blue Voice for the break later on; he simply dreaded that he shouldn't be thankful in the end.

"I wonder if I can still beat Darren on that damn game," His mind skipped, and within seconds he was on his feet and walking back toward his door. The anticipation of the Voices' return completely escaped him as he passed the threshold and descended the stairs. A new aroma assaulted his senses and Marcus immediately expected the Orange Voice to pipe up, but the medication barred the Voices away, and the Blue Voice was holding everyone back, anyway. After that, the thought of them dissipated, leaving him to feel remarkably normal. A side effect to the drugs.

Marcus entered the kitchen just in time to see Darren in the living room, hanging up his phone. There was an exchange of words between him and Dottie, quite loud enough for Marcus to hear the most of it. He didn't understand what the big deal about walking home alone was for her, but he figured that everyone had something about them. He was definitely familiar with that concept. Sliding himself up to sit on one of the counter-tops, Marcus gave a classic clearing of his throat to catch some amount of attention and shrugged his shoulders back.
"I'll do it," He offered, not quite phrasing the sentence right, nor quite thinking through the decision. But he figured he couldn't do too much harm, feeling as good as he did.

Marcus expected Darren to be leery about it, so he quickly continued:
"I mean, I'm alright. I'm feeling better than usual, and I took my medication. Me walking her home is better than leaving her at the mercy of nighttime city streets, right?" Marcus was sure that Dottie, being such a close friend to Darren, already knew or had figured out that something was off about the older brother, so he didn't particularly care to disguise that he had medication for it. Besides, secrets didn't become him. Then, he moved his gaze from Darren to Dottie, in a way indirectly directing his words toward her. "As long as she's OK with me doing so," He finished.

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: I know I mentioned moving it...but I couldn't resist the urge to post.
User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

xCIZINEC

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm
User Image

AND MAYBE YOU'LL BE THE ONE TO SAVE MExxxxxBECAUSE AFTER ALL.xxxxxYOU'RE MY WONDERWALL

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Leaning against the wall, Dottie was surprised when she heard the same voice from earlier in the kitchen behind her. She jumped and yelped a bit, turning to look at Darren's brother "I'll do it." Dottie blushed badly, at her reaction and the thought of having him walk her home. She was pretty sure she had embarrassed herself to the point of no return. It's not like it was her fault she was so scared. Of everything. "I don't want to be a burden or anything. ." Dottie played with the sleeve of her sweat shirt. Even it being hot in the house she kept it on. She looked down at the floor than over to Marcus.
xxDarren looked between his brother and Dottie. He seemed a little uneasy about the whole idea to Dottie. Marcus continued, "I mean, I'm alright. I'm feeling better than usual, and I took my medication. Me walking her home is better than leaving her at the mercy of nighttime city streets, right?" Darren sighed. Marcus was right of course and with Dottie's fear it seemed to be the best option. "Mom and dad are gunna kill me if they find out. . ." Darren rubbed his temples. It's not like Marcus was bad right now, so it should be fine, right? And if anything happened to Dottie, Marcus would help. Right? Yeah. he would. On his medicine or not, Marcus was still a good guy most of the time. So it should be fine. "It's up to her."
xx Dottie was a bit unsure herself really. It's not like she hadn't noticed the fluttery feeling in her stomach when he offered. It was probably her nerves and all. So she brushed it off and continued messing with her sweater sleeve. Dottie turned to listen to Marcus, looking at him as he spoke. She didn't realize she had been starring till he moved his gaze to her and directed what he spoke next more to her than Darren. "As long as she's OK with me doing so," Dottie held his gaze, feeling strangely confident. At ease almost. A way she was with Darren and him. But that was different. She nodded slowly. "Y-yes. . .I-i'm fine with it."

[[OOC: I can't resist either. . .]]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 pm
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

With his gaze still lingering on Dottie, it was hard for the blush to escape his notice. Marcus simply made no mention of it and offered a subtle grin in response, but her first statement dropped it. He frowned, cocking his head to the side to let his bangs fall out of his eyes, and spoke blatantly, "Girls aren't burdens." His objectivity was a perk to his condition, he had to say. And that had been a fair example. Most people see themselves as plain people, but Marcus saw individuality in a different light. He saw men and he saw women; he didn't see people. Dottie was a woman to him, not just a person, and Marcus was subject to treating her as a man would treat a woman because of it. "Girls are precious," He finished, and he gave a sharp nod, agreeing that his statement was correct and quite like how he intended it to be phrased. And then he shrugged, for in his mind it was a natural thing that a man feel that way and express it. Even if that wasn't the case.

As Darren's voice demanded his attention, Marcus quickly glanced over to process what he was saying. Another shrug.
"That's why they're not going to find out," He reasoned, smirking just slightly. But he knew Darren understood that Marcus was an adult, and despite his condition, he was capable of being responsible. It wasn't about keeping secrets; it was about there being no need to say anything, because nothing would go wrong. Not with him feeling so good. Right? "I promise you, Darren. I will make sure she gets home. Safe," Marcus insisted, all but holding up his right hand as he spoke. Then, for a moment, he felt a little silly about being so insistent with his brother rather than Dottie herself, because Darren was right. It is up to her.

Something edged to his attention. Something like colors, but Marcus wasn't sure. He paused for a moment and tried to focus on the fleeting thought, but then the colors--or somethings--vanished.
Just my imagination, He thought. Or our imagination.

Marcus ignored it and returned his gaze to Dottie. She looked a little uneasy; unsettled; unnerved. A little something off, by how she was playing with her sleeve. Then that changed, and she seemed a little more alright. As she nodded, he smiled gently, taking a moment to admire the shy way by which she stuttered out a response, but again making no mention of it.
"OK. Whenever you're ready to go, let me know. I assume that'll be...after food?" Marcus guessed, motioning to the oven that leaked an aroma thoroughly tantalizing on it's own. He gave one last flash of a smile before sliding off the counter, making his way back to his room for his black jacket before heading back downstairs again.

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: postpostpost~

xCIZINEC

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:41 pm
User Image

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Once Marcus left, Dottie busied herself with getting the food out of the oven. She burnt her hand, putting it down, but quickly wrapped it in a bandage and hide it in her jacket sleeve. She continued scurrying around the kitchen getting things ready for the meal she had cooked. "Dinner is ready~! Have at it!" Dottie yelled a bit out of character for herself and when she realized this facts, she blushed a bit, but still smiled. Darren came bounding into the kitchen and hugged Dottie. "Ahhhhh~... What would I do without you? Seriously. I would starve I think. Hey Marcus! Food!" Dottie blushed and shook her head, but Darren was too busy dishing out the food.

Time Skip to After Dinner

xx Darren sighed and leaned back in his seat, "Oh man. . .~ That was amazing. Dottie, marry me and cook for me the rest of our lives?" Dottie laughed at her friend as she cleared the plates from the living room. "For the thousandth time, no! You should know the reason why by now." Darren sighed and looked up at the ceiling. He pulled out his phone and looked at it. "Yeah. . . We both do. But anyways, I have a promise to keep!" Darren grabbed his jacket and slipped on his shoes at the door. "Have fun with Marcus~! But not too much fun" Darren winked and Dottie felt her face light up like a Christmas tree. And before she could say anything he was gone. And she was alone. With Marcus. . .
xx Dottie cleaned the dished, dried them and put them away. Darren had some back down after grabbing his black jacket. Dottie avoid looking at him. She got her game, her bag and pulled her sleeves over her hands. The scars there were just barely visible, but you could see them if you looked long enough. She took her time gathering her things, her mind racing to the point of her having a headache and her cheeks stained red. She put on her shoes at the door and looked to Marcus. It was the first time she had looked at him since he offered to take her home. He looked normal enough right now. . . But it wasn't his condition that scared her. Everything scared her. Everything. Except Darren. She feared people, not any individual person. She gathered her courage, what little there was, and smiled at Marcus. "I'm ready when you are."

[[OOC: I'm thinking that they'll talk on the way home, make them feel comfortable with each other and junk. Then Marcus attacks. But he will stop attacking her when he sees her hand is hurt. Because she burnt it. And maybe do something unexpected. Whatcha think??? ]]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 pm
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

Marcus once more descended the stairs, just in time for Darren to holler for dinner as Dottie prepared it to eat. Although he wasn't very hungry, he served himself a small portion and ate it at the counter, rather than at the dinner table. He was just more comfortable standing up. Of course he muttered a few compliments to her cooking skills, but didn't delve too far into speaking, lest a conversation arise and make her feel uncomfortable. Marcus was generally good with females; he could tell when one felt just a little outside her boundaries, and he could respect that enough to not exploit it. So, for the most part, he remained silent.

After dinner, Marcus gave a hand in cleaning up the kitchen, mostly just by putting food away and wiping down counters. Darren had left by then, departing with a few words directed toward Dottie that Marcus didn't quite hear and therefore didn't quite care for. For a moment, he wondered what it was that had Darren so busy that he couldn't walk Dottie home, but the curiosity soon vanished. He wasn't complaining. Marcus liked Dottie. So did some of the Voices. It was probably just because she was pretty much the only non-familial human being that was ever around for him to see, but nevertheless, he was lucky that there was no reason to dislike her. Otherwise, he'd probably not try so hard to be more friendly around people in general.

Eventually, Marcus left Dottie to finish since she seemed intent on doing the dishes, and he seated himself on the couch to wait on her. He busied himself with attempting not to think, and he succeeded most of the time, until he glanced out the window and noticed how dark it was. It worried him for a second; Marcus was feeling perfectly fine, yes, but there was always a haunting chance that something could go wrong. But he brushed it aside. Nothing would go wrong. Marcus had promised Darren that Dottie would get home safe, and he wasn't about to break that promise, no matter what. When she spoke up, she caught Marcus's gaze in an instant, and he nodded his head before getting up to lead her to the door. He opened it in his gentleman-like fashion, waving her forward with a light smile.
"After you," He offered politely.

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: sounds good to me (:

xCIZINEC

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 am
User Image

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Laughing a bit, Dottie covered her mouth with her sleeve and walked out of the house. She walked down the front of the drive and to the side walk. She only lived a few blocks away, but those blocks were dark and lonely and full of alley ways and dark creepy place. Dottie looked back, waiting for Marcus to walk over. She felt oddly relaxed right now. There was no tension in her shoulders and she felt herself slouch a bit while standing. Her hand came away from her mouth and a small smile stayed there. She hadn't felt like this with anyone but her ex and Darren.
xx Dottie looked up at Marcus again. "I never thanked you. For walking me home. It is a bit of a burden and I apologize for that. Really, it's just me being stupid but, I appreciate you doing this." That was probably the most Dottie had ever spoken to him. She had blurted it out so fast that her brain didn't catch up with her mouth till it was too late. That happened to be a bad habit of hers. She blurted things out before she could really think about what she was saying and to who. It was how her ex came into her life. But that was old news. Right now, Dottie was more focused on Marcus and getting home. She did have work in the morning. And after, she was going to Darren's. As usual.
xx Dottie started walking. She was getting a weird feeling staying still this whole time. She stole a few glances at Marcus, kind of noticing him. Not for the first time. Lord no. She had started noticing him a while ago. A long while ago. But with her fear of people and getting hurt, there wasn't much she could do. Except be her. Which was hard. "You probably think it's stupid that I have to be walked home. And in a way it is. But it's not something I can help. We all have something we just can't help." Dottie was talking too much for her liking but she just sighed. She thought of all the things she couldn't help but be afraid of. And the thing Darren couldn't help. Could never help. Her mind drifted to Marcus. And she wondered about the things he couldn't help.

[[OOC: Yay~]]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 pm
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

The little bit of laughter brightened Marcus's smile for just a moment as she passed the threshold, and he immediately turned after her, shutting the door and twisting the key in the lock. He shortly joined her side at the base of the driveway and figured to let her lead him in the right direction home. Marcus was under the impression that she lived quite a ways away to be walked home during the darker hours, but he didn't feel the need to ask about it. Rather, he just wanted to enjoy the company that came with being her temporary bodyguard. It had been years since he had been alone with a single other being out in public, and although that day was a selectively darkened spot of his memories, he reminded himself that it had also been years since he'd felt so normal, and the two canceled out to leave him feeling just as oddly relaxed as Dottie next to him appeared.

Before moving along, Dottie caught and held his gaze and she spoke up. At first he didn't say anything and merely smiled down at her, but shortly he frowned instead and responded,
"Why do you insist that walking you home is a burden on me? It isn't as though I was busy at home. Darren had something else to attend to, and I decided it would be courteous to walk his best friend back to her house so that she may feel safe. You needn't apologize for my chivalry. Besides, I like you." The smile returned, more charming than the last time, but just as gentle. Then she began on her way, and Marcus followed. He would shift as they walked so that he was between Dottie and the street, or between her and any abyss of an alleyway that they would come across. But he was always at her side, challenging the line of a respectable distance and an obviously protective closeness that he hoped wouldn't bother her too much.

Things fell silent between them, but he didn't mind. The prospect of company was enough for him. There were a few times that his eyes would drift toward Dottie, and he justified it with the good idea to check up on her to make sure she was still alright, but for the most part, he was keen on their surroundings. The second-to-last thing he wanted was for some criminal to jump them by surprise, because Marcus knew how easily disoriented he could become being caught off-guard. The only way to stay quick was to be quick, so he couldn't afford to let someone else get the best of him. Then he'd have let Dottie down, and Darren. The thought was soon broken, though, when Dottie insisted to speak again; this time, he didn't smile.
"For me to think it's stupid that you need to be walked home to feel safe is for you to think it's stupid that I need medicine to feel normal," He said softly, once more displaying his disregard for a need to hide the fact that something is wrong with him from her. Marcus looked forward again, and a heavy sigh sounded amongst his breath. "We all have something," He repeated. It was distant, and while his mind was away, he started to hear things.

Colors.

"So, tell me something about yourself."

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: I'll give it a few posts before he goes psycho (:

xCIZINEC

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 pm
User Image

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Blushing, the words "I like you" sounded through Dottie's head. They echoed and brought the color brighter to her cheeks. She felt herself smile at the ground, her thoughts turning happier. She felt happier that she was finally with someone besides Darren that made her feel comfortable. And then he said something that made her smile falter. "Normal is kind of a fleeting thing. Just because you have to take medicine doesn't mean you aren't normal. Well, to me at least."
xx Dottie was surprised by what he asked next. Well, it wasn't really a question, more like a request. Dottie bit her lip. She didn't like talking about the past much. But somehow, she felt it was alright. "I'm kind of afraid of everything. I mean everything. People scare me the most. I don't mean to be. Things have happened that had made me like this. I kinda don't like talking about that. But I'm better now. Since I met Darren and you. I've been better. A lot better. And I'm grateful. Kinda sounded weird." Dottie laughed a bit at herself. She sounded weird when she had said all that. But sometimes, things just come out of her mouth that don't mean to. Things that sometimes shouldn't be said. Or are better left unsaid.
xx Dottie was aware of how close he was at this moment. And he was very close. But it was a closeness that she liked. Kind of a protected feeling almost. It was nice to feel like that again. And not just with Darren. But with someone she hadn't had much interaction with. Someone who should have really scared her, because he not normal and he had problems. But these things, at this moment didn't matter to her. At all. "But, I'm not afraid of you. I have never been. And I think you should know that. Marcus." Dottie smiled at Marcus. Saying his name was odd. Most people just ignored something like that, but not Dottie. Nope. Not her.

[[OOC: I'm excited!~]]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 pm
(( don't worry; not dead; just been so super busy that I haven't even touched a computer in over a week : I'll use this area to post tomorrow hopefully, but if I fail to do so, I do apologize ))

xCIZINEC

xCIZINEC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

Marcus stole another glance at Dottie, and the blushing of her cheeks once more failed to escape his notice. He attempted to keep from smiling, but it didn't quite go so well as he'd hoped, and he did let himself to flash his teeth just a little before managing to control himself a little better. And then she mentioned normality again, and acknowledged the medication, and even accepted him with his flaw, and he nearly lost himself in some swelling feeling rising from his chest and turning the edges of his lips. Marcus did well to keep himself from looking too overjoyed, but he'd never once felt accepted by someone to whom he wasn't related. It was kind of a big deal. To her, He thought.

The words came in a rush after that. Dottie seemed to just let it all out, as though she'd been bottling it all up for a while, and only just then felt safe enough to let it go. It wasn't as though she was unfolding a tale of her life, though; it was more just that she was relinquishing fear and gratitude all at once, and it mixed into an odd concoction, spilling in an awkward fashion from her lips. Marcus didn't at all mind. He liked listening to her speak, no matter what her speaking concerned. Again, she laughed, and again, he smiled. He didn't quite care to comment, though, especially because he knew he would inevitably speak of how they were truly just hardly acquaintances, based on their sporadic interactions. No, he didn't want to dishearten her. He liked her.

It was the last part that bothered him. Well, it didn't truly bother him, as he thought of it. To him, not to be feared just made him feel different. He couldn't tell if it was good or bad. Maybe it was good, because he didn't like to be feared. Maybe it was really bad, because she would let her guard down around someone she trusted. And the Voices could sense trust. At some point, Marcus's legs stopped working, so he stopped moving forward. He wasn't looking at Dottie anymore, but rather staring blankly at something he couldn't quite see.
She should be, Sneered the Red Voice. Marcus felt the Blue Voice freeze. She slunk back. "You should be," He repeated. He hardly raised his voice above the sigh of a breath as he spoke.

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: not dead? D:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 am
Ok I am not dead!! My computer has been in the shop for a very long time.. I apoplogize.  

Lillith Rose 23

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm
User Image

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Things kind of shifted then. Instead of relaxed, Dottie got the feeling like she should be running. Away. She had no idea if it was just her or if there was a sudden change in the atmosphere. It seemed to grow colder and Dottie shivered against the wind that had picked up since they left. Something in his voice... seemed off. "W-what do you mean by that?" She couldn'tkeep the shaking out of her voice. And if he asked she would chop it up to the cold.
xx Dottie walked ahead a bit. She felt a bit better now that she couldn't see him. It felt as if she was torn into two parts. Half of her told her to run, hide, get away as fast as she could. And the other told her to stay. He wouldn't hurt her. He never had and she had been around before when he had one of his... issues. There was usually just a lot of screaming. That she knew of. That time she saw, Darren had rushed her out of the house and had taken her to lunch. But she couldn't help but worry about Marcus. He was on her mind a lot that day. And then she started dreaming... and things just got weird in her head. She told no one, not even Darren about the dreams. They were the weirdest part.
xx Staying ahead, Dottie turned her head back to look at Marcus. "If something is wrong, you can go back. I-i think I can manage by myself from here. It's only a couple of blocks." Dottie did her best to hide the fear in her voice. Not like she could really help it. Was it really her fault that so many bad things had happened? No. It wasn't. But she tried her best her keep her fears in check.

[[OOC: Yay!! Not dead!!~]]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm
xx ỿ ȶɵℜ ɠʘҿᴤ . . .xxxx

"I mean," Marcus started, his voice grown firmer and sharper by the edge creeping into it, "I'm a nightmare." He paused for a second. The Red Voice slithered deeper into his mind and started to take hold of his inner mechanisms, messing with things with which Marcus didn't let the Voices generally mess. The Blue Voice yelled in a language Marcus couldn't quite understand and the Red Voice shut her out and so the other Voices put in their two cents and the Red Voice winced a little but managed to tune them out too and so soon it was just Marcus and the Red Voice. And then it was the Red Voice. People don't like nightmares, The Red Voice continued, and it slipped from Marcus's own lips as he reiterated, "People don't like nightmares." People are scared of nightmares; "People are scared of nightmares. I'm a nightmare; you're a person. Let's play that game..."

Marcus still couldn't find the ability to walk, but the Red Voice did, and that was all that mattered. So his flesh puppet stumbled forward a little after the girl, gaining ground about as quickly as he'd lost it. As he reached Dottie, he extended his arm and snatched her wrist from her side, all but dragging her back into him and having to catch her to keep them from falling. "I promised Darren you would get home safely, Dottie. I'm not about to break a promise. I'll have to see you to your door," Marcus murmured, his voice clouded by confusion as he shone through the dominating Voice for a brief second. Little did he realize that the brief moment of sanity spawned from the Red Voice stepping down, submitting to the only Voice every Voice submitted to: it. The only Voice that was male and female, and consequently, neither. The Black/White Voice wanted control.

A flicker of motion drew Marcus's eyes to the left, and across the street stood the Red Voice, staring at Marcus with his elongated, twisted smile. His body was shrouded in the cloak of night, but Marcus could still faintly make out the severe malformations and the crookedness of the Red Voice's body. In all his misshapenness, he was a handsome man, though one who's sight alone caused terror to rip through Marcus's whole being. The Blue Voice then joined Marcus at his empty side, her hand on his shoulder; as he glanced at her, she bit her lip, and her eyes filled with so much hatred he couldn't look away. His lip trembled, searching for a warning to administer for Dottie's safety, but the Red Voice gripped his throat, cutting off the words as the Black/White Voice chose a form (White, for he was the more evil of the two) and grasped the wisps of Marcus's conscience and shut them down. The Blue Voice took the hand of the child of the Green Voice, leading him away from the ordeal, and the Orange, Yellow, and Purple Voices trailed after the Blue Voice to their own safety.
Sorry, Marcus...

The streets were suddenly bustling with silent gray faces. Not a single color graced the night, save for the reddish figure of Dottie herself. The Schizophrenia swarmed Marcus, overpowering the medication the minute it weakened in favor of the Voices, and for the life of him, Marcus couldn't quite gather why. And then it hit him: Dottie. She was the variable, the new test, the latest victim. It had been a long while since there was a victim. A vicious smile then peeled his lips back over his teeth as he stared at the girl in all her innocence and fear. It was perfect timing, and it was perfect placement, for the cover of an alleyway coaxed him to her depths not ten feet away. So Marcus gripped Dottie closer to him and quickly ducked into the darkness, confident she wouldn't scream and hopeful that she would struggle. Oh so hopeful that she would struggle.

As comfort befell him, Marcus shoved Dottie against the coarse brick of the wall, and in a fluid swipe, he supplied a knife from the hold of his right boot and brought it up parallel to his forearm and pressed to the delicate skin protecting the throat of his victim.
"My victim..." He hissed, savoring the sound of it as he took a deep breath. Marcus couldn't see Dottie very well, but he didn't need to. He could feel her every movement against him, though the majority of movement was silenced by the weapon. "You like? It's Darren's...I'm not allowed to have my own..."

xxxx. . . ȡӧƨɳ'Ϯ т? xx

ooc: yay! scary time~

xCIZINEC

Lillith Rose 23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm
User Image

❝ Dottie Faye Lauren ▊▍

User ImageUser Image
xx Marcus was scaring her. She couldn't lie. And she wished it wasn't true. But it was and she had never felt so weak and afraid. More afraid than if a stranger had done this. Because she liked Marcus. He was always that untouchable. And now he was so close. He said something about a game. Something was wrong and she could tell. But what was she to do? She was half his size and she was weak and small. Dottie had always been.
xx He grabbed her, made her turn around and Dottie saw the blankness in his eyes. His head kept turning and looking at things, but they were alone. The street was empty. He seemed to almost be struggling with something. Something that wanted to hurt Dottie. She cursed herself for not running when she had the chance. Marcus stood, his war in his eyes raging on and there were so many emotions. Dottie could feel the tears prickle her eyes and her hand where she had burnt it earlier was beginning to hurt more. Something was definitely wrong. Was it his illness? He dragged her off into a dark alley. The place smelled dirty and dank and gross. She struggled as much as she could, but her being the size she was, it was almost worthless. Marcus slammed her against a wall, knocking the breath from her lungs.
xx The next thing Dottie saw flashed before her eyes in a quick gleam of silver. And knife was then pressed against her throat and everything seemed to fall away. What was one more scar? One more cut? Another one to add to the list of the grow many. Her sleeves were pulled up, showing some of the worst of them. But in that moment, she couldn't find the strength to really care. Tears ran down her face freely now. Her eyes had grown dark and again in her young life, she was wishing for death rather than live on in torture. She had seen the knife before. Darren had showed it to her once before. Something changed in him again. He was no longer at war, but more at peace with what he was doing. The fear rose up in her throat like bile from her stomach. She thought she might be sick. In an instinct, she raised her free arm over her eyes. Shielding herself, but showing the scars and burn marks and jagged lines that imperfected her skin. And show the burn mark, hoping her arm would take most of the damage. Not her face. There were no scars there yet. Her mouth was still uncovered and she spoke then, the only words she could. "Marcus, please..."

[[OOC: Yay!! Not dead!!~]]

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces