Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
i need a chew toy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 am
Chewing is natural for humans and animals. The young of any species usually goes through 'teething' stages. And if anyone's been around a puppy or a baby when they're teething, you know they have to chew. Some just don't grow out of it. I mean, domestic dogs have chew toys, and wild dogs and cats chew on the bones of their prey at times. And I've witnessed my friend's cat chew off the corner of a chair once.

The only problem is that it's your flesh. You can end up doing serious damage to nerves. I used to chew gum because you can usually get it to the perfect density and resistance.

If that doesn't work, get a fairly bendable rubber chew toy. My dog went through so many toys when she was a pup and we finally have three rubber ones from the Hartz Duraplay collection. I tried chewing on one once, and it actually felt.. uh good I guess. I chewed on it for a few minutes, then she looked at me like I was evil for taking her toy and I had to give it back.

Another suggestion I have is ice. I chew on that at work and the crunchy coolness calms me down. When I get stressed, I just get a cup full and sit it at my station, then I nom on pieces while there's nobody around.

And I know I've gotten this thing down to a science, but don't judge. I'm not the only one. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 am
OddeoFreq
Painful_Sarrow
OddeoFreq
Painful_Sarrow
Well I have a angry bird plush i chew on you can get a little plushie to chew on it x3
how do you deal with the fuzzyness? I would like to avoid hairballs.

The ears aren't fuzzy
bird w/ ears?

No no silly it's a piggy  

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 am
Tsuki7893
Chewing is natural for humans and animals. The young of any species usually goes through 'teething' stages. And if anyone's been around a puppy or a baby when they're teething, you know they have to chew. Some just don't grow out of it. I mean, domestic dogs have chew toys, and wild dogs and cats chew on the bones of their prey at times. And I've witnessed my friend's cat chew off the corner of a chair once.

The only problem is that it's your flesh. You can end up doing serious damage to nerves. I used to chew gum because you can usually get it to the perfect density and resistance.

If that doesn't work, get a fairly bendable rubber chew toy. My dog went through so many toys when she was a pup and we finally have three rubber ones from the Hartz Duraplay collection. I tried chewing on one once, and it actually felt.. uh good I guess. I chewed on it for a few minutes, then she looked at me like I was evil for taking her toy and I had to give it back.

Another suggestion I have is ice. I chew on that at work and the crunchy coolness calms me down. When I get stressed, I just get a cup full and sit it at my station, then I nom on pieces while there's nobody around.

And I know I've gotten this thing down to a science, but don't judge. I'm not the only one. xp
Tsuki!
I have been contemplating getting my own chew toy. but i am getting stuck on the part of explaining it to my mate. she is not exactly supportive with my more animalistic tendencies.

I cant do ice cause it hurts my teeth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 am
OddeoFreq
Tsuki7893

Tsuki!
I have been contemplating getting my own chew toy. but i am getting stuck on the part of explaining it to my mate. she is not exactly supportive with my more animalistic tendencies.

Od!

Well, look into getting ones that don't squeak. That may help the situation a little. Two of the ones we have are basically balls with legs. One's a rhino, and the other a gator. The middle squeaks, but the legs and tails and heads don't. So I chewed on those. But the smell of my dog's saliva aggravated my nose lol.

And if she has trouble accepting your furryness, she may give you a little leeway if you explain that you'll get one that doesn't squeak (or try to), and that it won't be an obsessive habit that gets in the way of your relationship, and that if you continue to chew on yourself instead you could do a good bit of damage to your arm. (Girls will always sway a little when bodily harm is mentioned. Trust me)  

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 pm
Tsuki7893
OddeoFreq
Tsuki7893

Tsuki!

Od!

Well, look into getting ones that don't squeak. That may help the situation a little. Two of the ones we have are basically balls with legs. One's a rhino, and the other a gator. The middle squeaks, but the legs and tails and heads don't. So I chewed on those. But the smell of my dog's saliva aggravated my nose lol.

And if she has trouble accepting your furryness, she may give you a little leeway if you explain that you'll get one that doesn't squeak (or try to), and that it won't be an obsessive habit that gets in the way of your relationship, and that if you continue to chew on yourself instead you could do a good bit of damage to your arm. (Girls will always sway a little when bodily harm is mentioned. Trust me)

She doesn't get the whole "furry" concept. She is a realist.

Me: what if you had super powers?
Her: no clue. Not gonna happen anyway.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas