What drives you as a photographer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkalune

Lily-livered Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:57 am
My favorite to shoot is pet photography and I am driven to capture the pure happiness when they're chasing a toy. emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 am
I am an artist, but not a photographer...wish I was good at it but idk...i take pics of my family...

But most of the time what I like about are may sound crazy to some but I just wait for it to come to me...God you got the plan now give me creativity....So I can produce major art!!!!! twisted  

The Har

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

scelestic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 am
What drives me? The money since it is a business. But also the images. It feels great to hear people tell me I captured their wedding beautifully or took great photos of them during their photo shoot. It is also interesting photograph different types of weddings and dealing with different religions and to travel to different places.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 am
i just feel that there are some moments too good to pass out..they have to be captured...it's also fun to make ur own stories with the photos as well xd  

Happi Chappi

Friendly Gaian

13,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Rogsrounet

Greedy Businessman

5,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:57 am
Well something that drives me is the message that goes with the picture and wanting to see what the future holds and  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm
To capture that moment in time and preserve it.

Many of my babybat photos give me quite a chuckle every now and again.

Even my Goth Indiana Jones look! (which I do not sport anymore due to a lack of a fedora..)

But at least I know what accessories go together best, and I don't "raccoon" my eyeliner anymore.

I love to photograph funny moments, nature, and the occasional bishie.
For my drawings, anything goes.

Crazy, odd, cute, you name it!

Thanks for the invite to this guild.
When I get some more time, I can be able to get on gaia more often and take part in more group shenanigans.  

gghunny

Chatty Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

2_twins in a ball

Distinct Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm
I Am A Photographer

Even when the perfection of taking a photo is beyond the camera's limits, there is always an endless perception of a photo. Perhaps contemplation is the reward. Allow me to express this poetically:

Deep in the woods...
No matter how long the road is,
The feet moves, the hands sway, the wind brushes
The skin of the face.
Yet, how can this be true
When there is not one face,
But many.
Walking. Such is an integral part of life.
Individuals, surely, make not a big difference.
And so our faces walk.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 pm
what drives me as a photographer is the adventure of travailing around. ninja  

zenie250

Unbeatable Hunter

9,475 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

Warrior_Nun801

Demonic Raider

8,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm
I'm actually an amateur and the closest thing I have to a camera is my own cellphone, but whenever I see something that is so epic, so "OMG I MUST SHOOT THIS!", that's enough to drive me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 pm
I usually take pictures of anything that seems fascinating or what may seem like a perfect shot. A lot of times I enjoy taking pictures of plant life and different buildings. I think pictures of places and things grace my files more than people. 3nodding Things that I'd love to see over and over again.  

shirabe64

Kawaii Phantom

16,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Fading Sketch

Shy Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 am
I have a knack or habit of getting sidetracked and lost during trips. Does that count?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 am
I Am A Photographer
How about you guys? Tell me what inspires you as a photographer.

I am an artist, and working with photography is a creative outlet for me. Learning to frame a good shot is important, as well as understanding how light and shade can affect the end result of one's subject matter.

I learned on a manual Pentax SLR camera, and learned the basics on how to develop black and white photographs. This background has helped me, immensely, to fine-tune my ability to match my internal vision with what I see externally. (and vice-versa. More about this -- follows)

Lately, I am taking more photographs, more often, on my smartphone, because I have it with me constantly.

I am inspired by what I can see through my photographs -- which, in turn, inspires my desire to create visual art. I also work with digital editing applications (ie. IrfanView, the GIMP, Visions of Chaos Fractal application)

When we are excited about Life, then seeing this Life through the lens of a camera, builds our desire for creative expression -- and through this, a feeling of "completion" is achieved -- for the moment, when one is in the moment.

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100

xanpon

Toothsome Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm
I Am A Photographer

Most of what drives me has already been mentioned, but I'll say so anyhow.
I have recently found that I absolutely love shooting people. Not studio work as much as just candid photographs. I feel like when I take a picture of someone, I get to dip my toes into the universe that most call the human mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 am
I am not a photographer but what drives me is the desires to have people see the world as I do. ninja  

Medic977

DracoxisDiamond

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:27 pm
I don't take pictures very often but I do like to take them whenever I go snorkeling.  
Photography Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff