[PRP] Out on the town [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:22 am
"Of course he means it," KO grinned, "the Commander here is never afraid to speak his mind, which takes a great deal of-" stupidity "-courage.... I was thinking though Star," another grin, for Commandant Pipe Cleaner this time, "you look a little... frazzled. I think an evening away from the base would do you good, get some fresh air, hit the city. Even you need to take a break from your work occasionally, you'll come back brighter and sharper for it!" If he had anything to do with it, Star would come back falling down drunk. Poor Tambery, he almost felt bad for inflicting such a thing upon her... almost.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 am
Star arched an eyebrow as Tambrey commented on what he meant. The peaking eyebrow relaxed when KO corrected her. Tambrey would probably notice the subtle effect the use of the name Commander and the frequent compliments had on Star. When he started acting combative, KO's ego stroking easily calmed him down. The pair had clearly known each other for a while.

After a moment spent looking pleased with himself he blinked and frowned at the shorter man. "What makes you think I'd want to go anywhere with you?"

Meanwhile Wheatley did his best to assist Tambrey in untangling him. Mostly he just succeeded in getting more wire wrapped around his magnets. He didn't seem terribly discouraged, at least.

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 pm
They certainly did seem to be... well, was Star ever 'comfortable' with anything or anyone?
They seemed to have some sort of strange 'understanding' anyway and it didn't seem like something to have come from the time Star'd been at the base.
Of course, once she realised that, she had to think about the fact there were, most likely, now two ex-Galactics in the room and that was a little bit off-putting.
That nickname- Commander- really should have given it more away than the way they were with each other but sometimes the most obvious things were the easiest to miss.
She tried to focus on attempting to untangle the accidentally unhelpful Magnemite while she spoke.
"The 'Captain' is right, y'know; a bit away from the base'd probably do you some good." She tried, while she turned her attention, now, to a magnet.
"Or, well, y'know... Just if y' think you /deserve/ a reward; 's up to you if you don't and just want t' stay in with me all night."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 am
“Oh don’t be like that Star; see, Tambery agrees with me,” KO chided lightly, shaking his head slowly and smiling. “It’ll be fun,” he went on, “we can reminisce, talk about old times, your old department, that sort of thing. I know a nice little bar in Camphoreon I think you’ll like; they don’t like rif-raf in, the drinks and food are good and they don’t play the music at a thousand decibels. Classy, exclusive sort of place. You’d fit right in.” It was in fact a gay bar, but he wasn’t about to tell Star that and he doubted the man would notice of his own accord.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:54 am
Star watched KO speak, a look of consideration creeping across his face. KO was offering to listen to him talk about old times. He did enjoy talking about old times... And Tambrey made a point. Sitting in the room with only the company of her, Wheatley and the furniture was depressing. Spending some time in a classy establishment talking about himself might help repair some of the damage the day had done to his ego.

After a little time spent weighing his options, the lanky ex-galactic sighed. "You can consider this a favor, Naos." No doubt he meant that. An evening graced with his presence? Yes, KO owed him. He'd remember that.

With an important sniff, he crossed the room to his closet, where he gathered some fresh clothes (that looked the same as the clothes he was wearing) and draped them over his arm. "Wait here." He muttered before leaving the room. The door snapped shut behind him while he headed off to the bathroom to wash his face, fix his hair and get changed.

During this exchange, with Tambrey's expert wire untangling skills, Wheatley was freed. "Magnemite!" He chirped, looking up at the female grunt with admiration.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 am
Tambrey smiled at the electric type once he was untangled, but half suspected that he'd be even more tangled up, or something, within the next two minutes.
She listened to the exchange between KO and Star, smirking as soon as Star -didn't- say something; that probably meant he was going.
"Naos?" She couldn't help but ask as she heard the unfamiliar name, then watched Star wander out.

"Are y' seriously giving up and evening to hang out with him? I mean, 's not that I'm not grateful for getting the room t' myself for a bit, but... Did you lose a bet or something?" She addressed 'The Captain' once she was sure that Star was far enough away.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 pm
KO stepped away from the door so that Star could get out. "I'll be sure to remember that, Commander," he responded as the door snapped shut.

"Naos," he turned back to Tambery, "the more common name for the blue supergiant Zeta Puppis; a very very hot, very very bright star. It was my Galactic name, and old habits do die hard for the Commander...." Smiling enigmatically he made a languid gesture to the door. "He's not so bad once you know how to handle him, though you seem to have a fairly good grasp of that already. Anyway, he's the only person around here I really know at all." Maybe Tambery would feel a little sorry for him and wish to befriend him; that would be a bonus to the evening for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:19 pm
Free of his wirey confines, Wheatley turned his attention back to the new man in the room while he and Tambrey spoke. He stayed near the female grunt and offered KO a clumsy wave with one magnet, almost smacking Tambrey's arm. This new man had a nice voice. Now that he thought about it he was noticing most people had nice voices.  

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm
Ex-Galactic or not, that was a pretty neat codename.
"Well... That's a lot more imaginative than, uh..." She gestured toward the door with a bob of her head "Twinkle's... So, d'ya all choose your own codename there or do they get assigned?"
Tambrey suspected the former, and faced with the (well, information she already knew by now, really) outright revelation that this was, in fact, another ex-Galactic was using the question, more, to keep herself from focusing much upon such a fact.
"I'm /slowly/ learning how to, uh," What was the word? "tolerate him and... stuff. I guess 'handle' is as good a word as any." The dark-haired grunt admitted with some kind of a smile.
She flinched slightly as Wheatley waved his magnets, looking down to make sure she wasn't about to be shocked, before returning her attention to the red-head.
"The only person, really? 'S probably a little... Uh." There probably wasn't a word there that wouldn't insult one of them.
"Well. I guess if y're accustomed to him. How long does that take?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 am
KO grinned and shrugged. “It takes as long as it takes,” he responded, “not a helpful answer I know, but true. It depends on what sort of person you are; how quickly you can adapt to his....” The red-haired man paused and made a languid gesture with one hand as he searched for the right word. “Quirks. Yes though, the only person so far; I’ve not been here very long, and my roommates aren’t exactly my kind of people. Maybe more to the point I am not their sort of person.”

He hadn’t had any serious trouble from them yet, but certain slurs had been tossed about and he was being... careful to say the least. The sooner he got out the better; groups of people said and did things that they would never consider when they were on their own. Somehow he didn’t think anyone ranking would be all that sympathetic to him if he got himself beaten up; this was Team Rocket after all, not a sleek corporation with equal opportunities and anti harassment policies.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:41 am
Without knocking or any sort of announcement, the door swung back open, admitting Star. He looked clean and properly styled now, though still tired. He crossed the room to deposit the clothes hanging over his arm in a hamper, eyeing Tambrey along the way. "Why is that still out?" He was looking at Wheatley.

Wheatley didn't notice he was a topic of conversation. He was focused on his magnets, which were predictably stuck together.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am
"Ah, well... That's not fun, but y'll probably not share with them long enough to make any real enemies in there, y'know. Seems a long time at the time, but compared t' the time spent, uh..." She gestured around the room to indicate to 'The Captain', sharing it with one person and simply being a grunt "at this sort of a 'level', it's no time at all."
She smiled a bit; he /didn't/ seem very 'Galactic-y' at all right now.
"Besides, y' can always come and hang out up here- y'know Star well enough and I don't think I'd mind."
As Star entered she stopped talking and looked to Wheatley as he was mentioned.
"Y' never put him away," Tambrey responded with hardly a beat when Star asked "And far be it from me to take that decision from you." There might have been the trace of a smirk in there though she poked, gently, at Wheatley's magnets, noticing they were stuck again.
What was that trick? Was it a riddle or something?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" She tried asking the pokémon, knowing it likely wasn't quite right.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 am
"I might well take you up on that offer," KO said, giving Tambery a slightly less smirky smile. Good, he could work on this one. Nice girls were ever so useful.

Ah, and here came the stretched human Skarmony. "Welcome back Commander, you're looking very dashing.... Why is a raven like a writing desk?" He turned to Tambery, now smirking again because he had an answer to that one. "Because Poe wrote on both, of course."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm
At Tambrey's question, Wheatley adopted a blank stare. While he tried to think up the answer his magnets unstuck. When KO gave an answer he lifted his lower eyelid and happily pointed at the redhead, "Magnemite!"

Star rolled his eyes and, looking vaguely annoyed, plucked Wheatley's ball off his desk and recalled the little electric type. He tucked the ball under his jacket and clipped it to his belt, looking at KO, "Where is this place you're so interested in?"

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 pm
"Technically speaking, Carroll never originally intended for it to have an answer," Tambrey smiled at KO's reply "but /that/ is the most widely accepted one and does have an uncanny fit; 's certainly one of my favourites." And promptly responded with from the red-head; she certainly was liking him more and more.
She grinned, watching Wheatley point at the red-head with what she'd come to believe was likely the way the pokémon smiled.
She blinked and found her limbs slightly occupied with the sudden vaccum of the magnet-type vanishing and, though she had no idea if such a thing could be seen by the pokémon, gave a little wave goodbye as the red light dissipated.
Only the slightest of frowns was directed at Star, it wasn't really something she could be too annoyed about having seen Wheatley 'in action' and she'd been getting used to the way Star did things.
Besides, she was pretty sure she'd used a similar 'no warning' return a few times on an out-of-hand Lasi by now...  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff