Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
The Escapee(1x1 romance: taken) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 am
User Image

Zane followed in after her. "Really? Is it like dry clean only or something?" He looked at the robe of feathers. "It looks pretty good, even for being soaked in the rain." He smiled and nodded at the stairs. "I hope you don't mind climbing. The elevator gets kind of wonky when it storms like this." He chuckled and started up the stairs. "Don't worry though. I'm only on the 3rd floor." He waited for her to keep up as he walked up the stairs. His shoes made squeaky thuds on the wood planks. He stopped at the 3rd landing and walked down a hallway. He paused in front of a pale blue door with 8C on it in brass. He fumbled with the keys in his pocket. An old woman opened a door down the hall, peeking out. "What are you doing out so late? It's storming. You're getting everything wet." Zane sighed. "Relax Ms. Stubbs. I'll clean it up." He shrugged the the stranger as the old woman huffed and closed her door. "She's harmless. Hey. I never did catch your name. I'm Zane." He spoke quietly as he opened the door and held it for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 pm
The woman only shook her head, "Not exactly, these are real feathers so I cant use any ordinary style of cleaning." she said before blushing at Zane's comment, "Thank you, but you should have seen them when they were dry." she said slightly dissapointed. When Zane mentioned about climbing up stairs she shrugged, "I never really had a problem with stairs, unless im in a hurry." she joked, following him up. Strangely enough she seemed to move easily up each step, even with the long robe threatning to trip her.
When they reached the room she patiently waited, ignoring the old woman and their conversation, but turned back to Zane when he asked for her name, "Oh, Vallerie, My name is Vallerie." she answered kindly.  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 pm
User Image

Zane smiled. "Pretty name." He closed the door after they entered the apartment. He dropped his keys on a table inside the door and walked intot he main room. "Well, this is it. This is the main room. I usually crash on the couch, but you're welcome to it. My roommate is probably in there sleeping with whoever he brought home. Um.. This is the kitchen." He moved into a smaller kitchen area. "We have water and Coke and a couple of beers in there if you're thirsty. I have to give this to James. Make yourself at home." He smiled as he jiggled the bag. Then he turned and knocked on the bedroom door before walking in. "Here mate.." He shut the door. He talked with James, letting him know that Vallerie was there. James would mumble an ok and take the bag. Zane rolled his eyes and stood there talking to James some more.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 pm
Although it couldnt be seen Vallerie smiled at the compliment, "Thank you, for letting me stay. I'll try not to be a burden." she said watching as Zane disappeared into his friend's room,, "now to get myself cleaned up." she said to herself. Her eyes darted across the building and found a door halfway open that lead into a small room with a tub, "there we are." she whispered walking over to the room, but stopped halfway there and turned to the door that Zane had just entered, "Zane... would you mind if I used your shower?" she asked curiously.  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:48 pm
User Image

Zane heard Vallerie and stepped out of the room. "Yeah, sure." He threw the bag that James hadn't needed into the trash and shook his hair out. "Just.. if the water seems to be too cold, hit the hot water tap a couple times. It gets stuck sometimes. Otherwise, towels are under the sink." He started whistling and walked back into the room. He left the door open slightly so he could see. He walked to a dresser and started looking for dry clothes. He pulled out a pair of sweatpants and boxers. Then he closed the door and changed into the sweatpants, not bothering to grab a shirt. A few minutes later, he walked out and grabbed a bottle of Coke from the fridge. Then he sat in the chair, flipping on the tv. He propped his feet on the table and stretched before settling. He watched a basketball game, fighting the urge to fall asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 pm
Vallerie bowed her head and walked back towards the bathroom, once she got inside she shut the door behind her and pulled off what clothes she had on, which wasnt much, and stepped into the small tub and shut the curtains. The young woman looked down at the tabs and slwoly turned the tab for the cold water, once the water began to flow out she turned the tab for the hot water. Lucky for her the hot water came out with no problem, leaving her with less work to do. If someone were to come in the only clothes that could be seen on the sink was just four black sashes two of tem being large enough to wrap around someone's waist nearly 3 times and the others just large enough to tie around someone's wrists.

After nearly half an hour the water went silent and the curtains were pulled open. Vallerie reached under the sink and grabbed one of the towels and began drying herself off. In about another half hour she completely dried herself off, but now for the complex part, but she decided to leave that part for later and tied the clothes left on the sink back on around her waist and chest. In a moment she had her wings wrapped around her body and the 'false feather' cap over head, "Zane im coming out now, but... would you mind looking away for a moment?"  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:26 pm
Zane jumped slightly. He'd been close to falling asleep. He yawned. "My eyes are on the tv. I promise. Do you need to borrow some dry clothes? I didn't think about that before. I can lend you some shorts and a shirt if you need it." He kept looking forward, putting his arms behind his head. He waited for her response. If she needed clothes, he'd have to get them from the bedroom for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:42 pm
"No, no, thats fine." Vallerie answered quickly, "I got my robe dried off." she said before opening the door and walking passed the coach and into the kitchen, where she grabbed herself a cup before returning to the bathroom, "Ok, i'll be out in a minute, just need to finish cleaning up here." she said grabbing a comb and filling the cup with tap water. She was thinking of doing this in the morning but in her thoughts she was urging herself to look her best. She dipped the comb into the water and began to comb a single feather, moving onto the next when she felt it looked right.

Nearly another hour had passed before she walked back out again, "Zane you still awake?" she asked curiously slowly turning herself to show off her cleaned outfit.  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 pm
Zane had a spark of energy after she'd spoken the first time. He glanced at the door several times. He wondered what was taking her so long. When she finally opened the door and asked him if he was awake, he didn't look. "Yea. Caffeine rush from the Coke. Am I allowed to look now?" He smiled and laughed, half turning anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 pm
Vallerie seemed to giggle at what he said, "oh poor you." she teased moving to the back of the couch, "There isnt much to look at, but you may." she said kindly. If you were to see her she was dressed the same way as when they met, except her feathers were now a clean and shining silver, almost as if they were new. "I fixed my feathers." she said softly, hoping he would notice.  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 pm
"You look good. Though I can't lie, the feathers are throwing me off a little." Zane flashed a devilish smile. He stared at her for a moment. Her eyes were glowing in the dim light from the tv. Zane managed to pull his gaze away and glanced at the tv. He stood, adjusting his pants and picked up the empty can. As he walked to the kitchen, he glanced at her. "Would you like something to drink?" He felt odd. There was a warm sensation seeping through the skin on his chest. He didn't know what caused it; usually when he was shirtless in the apartment, he felt cool instead of warm. He looked at her, holding up both a water and a Coke. He assumed that she wouldn't want the alcohol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:59 pm
"Oh? Are the feathers distracting?" she teased once more, turning to watch him leave for the kitchen, "I havent had a soda in years, it be nice to try one again." she called back, although she actually never had a soda before.  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 pm
"Years?" Zane raised a brow at her. He found it very odd. Well.. She's definitely a unique person.. He looked over her again from the kitchen as he closed the door to the fridge. What she wore was unusual and part of him wondered why she still had the feathers and the robe. As he walked back, he had to pull up his sweatpants again. They kept falling just enough to show the top of his boxers and the V of his hips. He smiled and handed her the coke, falling back into the chair and opening the water bottle. After a few sips, he looked at her again. "So.. If I'm not prying, what's with the feathers and the robe?" He set the bottle on the table and leaned back in the chair. Every time I look at her.. they seem more realistic.. He waited for her to either answer or tell him not to ask.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Vallerie nodded, "Yes, I havent exactly liked the taste of carbonated beverages, but hey I was younger then." she said trying her best to look down at his waist. She gently took the soda from him and easily figured out how to open the can, but sadly the cap broke off before she could get it open, "Oops." she said looking at Zane then back at the can, "Think you could help me with this?" she asked holding the can out to him. While she waited she thought about his question, "My robe... heh, I just like it, you could say it is attached to me in a way." she said both telling the truth but also hiding it. She was worried that Zane might discover her true appearance, but all she had to do was hide it till morning, if the rain stopped by then anyways. "Forget about my strange outfit, why not tell me a little about yourself." she said hoping that her attempt to change the subject would succeed.
((dont you hate it when a can does that?))  

FirionTheDragon

Tsuki7893

Friendly Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 am
"I think they make these cans crappier every time they recycle." He laughed and took the can from her. He picked up a stray pen from the table in front of him and hit it on the top of the can. The tab dented and after a second strike, it gave way. He used his thumb to push it the rest of the way. Handing it back to her, he smiled. "Well, I'm originally from Australia. My parents moved here when I was seven. That's why my accent isn't as thick. After that, life has been fairly normal. Though I've always wanted to go back.." He trailed off. After a moment, he shook his head and chuckled. "Sorry. But yeah. I met James in high school and we made a pact to help each other out. So we live here. I've got work at a mechanics shop not far from here, and he works at some corporation. I always forget the name." He smiled sheepishly. He took another few sips from the water bottle and yawned. "Where are you from?"

{{ Indeed. It's very aggravating. }}  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces