8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm
Levina-jade
kage no neko
Levina-jade
hopefully she wont rip apart the bed, lol. That is a really good cage for that price! the food it comes with is ok, think about switching when its all gone. And yes bunnies love to sleep in their potty boxes, its weird but it makes em happy.
I bought a huge bag of timothy hay for $10, so I basically made her a little bed out of it, lol. She seems content with it, she can sleep and eat without having to go anywhere.

I went to the pet store today to get more information on her from the owner (since the guy who sold her to me didn't know anything). Apparently she's 3-4 months old and from a 4-H farm. I'm gonna email him later to get information on the breeder, but I'm happy to at least know how old she is.

Google says around 6 months is best to get bunnies fixed, so I'll ask my vet about all that when I bring her in for a checkup this coming week.
I am SOOO glad they are willing to share breeder information with you. It means you have a healthy bunny. We have a chain store in my area that get their rabbits from a rabbit mill.

It's a great little mom and pop's pet shop. They've got all sorts of amazing animals. My favorite so far is a blue and gold macaw named Elvis. Who likes to dance. xd He's so friendly. Their newest are baby tortoises. Which are super cute. Loved watching them nom their lettuce.

So yeah, at least I made sure to get her from a good place, lol.

Now.. if only I could figure out how to get her to stop peeing on me. At least my washer has a "quick" cycle... But she's still young and we've got lots of time to train her to use her litter.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 pm
I've always found even young bunnies gave hints about when they needed off to use the potty. Usually they get a little squirmy, may even try to hop away, which people tend to interpret as the bunny just wants to run and they don't want it to yet. If she gets squirmy try putting her in the litter box see if she goes.  

Akiska

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:10 pm
Akiska
I've always found even young bunnies gave hints about when they needed off to use the potty. Usually they get a little squirmy, may even try to hop away, which people tend to interpret as the bunny just wants to run and they don't want it to yet. If she gets squirmy try putting her in the litter box see if she goes.
I'd love to let her go off to potty.. except when she's out she always runs to me, and pees on me. Or beside me, as last night since I put her down when it seemed like she had to go. She hopped back up and sat beside me.. then my leg was wet. Sigh. Maybe she doesn't like the litter or something? What would you suggest for bunny litter in the pan? Right now I have shredded mail.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 pm
kage no neko
Akiska
I'd love to let her go off to potty.. except when she's out she always runs to me, and pees on me. Or beside me, as last night since I put her down when it seemed like she had to go. She hopped back up and sat beside me.. then my leg was wet. Sigh. Maybe she doesn't like the litter or something? What would you suggest for bunny litter in the pan? Right now I have shredded mail.
I used Yesterdays News personally. I think they have some just for bunnies.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 am
Sigh. I was so excited, I finally got her to pee in the litter pan (I decided to try out carefresh in it, I already use it for my snakes)... and then she took up biting us. Just hopping up to us and biting. Wtf little bunny!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm
kage no neko
Sigh. I was so excited, I finally got her to pee in the litter pan (I decided to try out carefresh in it, I already use it for my snakes)... and then she took up biting us. Just hopping up to us and biting. Wtf little bunny!
lol you have a bossy bunny  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 am
kage no neko
lmao Bunnies are hilarious and little brats. Mine never actually bit me but my ex tickled him and got the crap bit out of him. He bled and everything  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm
Anyone have any idea about her half lop? She can put both ears up just fine, she usually does when she's listening to something.. but when she's relaxed, her left ear lops over. The right one doesn't show any signs at all of lopping over. It's just kinda weird.

Yesterday we spent some time on the porch (enclosed) and she snacked on some carrots then asked to go in.. so we opened the door, read a bit, and went looking for her. Found her in her cage. smile I'm glad she finally knows where home is.

And where she bit me is now bruised. It looks like a tiny hickey. I didn't think she bit that hard.. she bit me through my pajama pants, and didn't tear them at all.. but somehow I've got a little bruise from it. Geeze. At least she didn't bite yesterday. It was a good day. smile  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Akiska

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 pm
kage no neko
Anyone have any idea about her half lop? She can put both ears up just fine, she usually does when she's listening to something.. but when she's relaxed, her left ear lops over. The right one doesn't show any signs at all of lopping over. It's just kinda weird.

Yesterday we spent some time on the porch (enclosed) and she snacked on some carrots then asked to go in.. so we opened the door, read a bit, and went looking for her. Found her in her cage. smile I'm glad she finally knows where home is.

And where she bit me is now bruised. It looks like a tiny hickey. I didn't think she bit that hard.. she bit me through my pajama pants, and didn't tear them at all.. but somehow I've got a little bruise from it. Geeze. At least she didn't bite yesterday. It was a good day. smile

Rabbits lop at different times. It could be that ear has stronger muscles at the base, she could have been handled badly and one ear the base broken [it's just cartlidge but having it broken would cause a lop that wasn't supposed to be a lop] She could be a mixed breed. Or an idiscriminately bred lop, some poorly bred lops have some half lop/no lop issues. We used to rub bunnies ears down to help ensure they lopped.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

It's just so strange.
The vet said that there isn't any damage to her ear at all that she can tell, that it's probably just lopping over and she'd be surprised if the other one doesn't lop over soon too.
When we first got her, it wasn't lopped over. So maybe she is slowly going lop...
And she definitely is a mixed breed.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400