alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:13 pm
X-men's no good? Poo

I watched Evolution a bit when I was younger and liked that

and ******** is a bad-a**

but I heard he died ):  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:36 pm
It's not that it's no good, it's just that trying to catch up and follow all of the different spin offs, sub plots and alternate universes is next to impossible. It's horribly fragmented.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 am
Trenn Flashkill
It's not that it's no good, it's just that trying to catch up and follow all of the different spin offs, sub plots and alternate universes is next to impossible. It's horribly fragmented.

Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men are both excellent ongoings that operate mostly in their own little world, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:06 pm
I picked up Big Time from your suggestion... IT BETTER BE GOOD!  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am
GUYS HAWKEYE AND GAMBIT ARE STILL AMAZING AS IS XTREME X-MEN  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 am
Allegro
GUYS HAWKEYE AND GAMBIT ARE STILL AMAZING AS IS XTREME X-MEN

I picked up Hawkeye 1 and it was rad. Debating collecting it. Still good?

Also, I have Uncanny X-Force up to like 30, need to hunt down the last 5. Not sure about the reboot.

Did you read Spidey 700? :'(  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm
Also, I finally got around to reading Runaways. Got 2 issues left in volume 3. s**t is going down.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 am
I was originally so excited about this thread. Now I am disappoint. sad  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm
Stupid as it sounds, the mind-swapping thing in Spider-Man is what got me to buy a few issues and I just read 700. I thought it was pretty neat, and I am just about to read the first issue of Superior.

Have you been reading Mega Man, Ribbz?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:39 am
Hawk Guy is still utterly fantastic

Also hey I'm here  

Allegro

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 am
I got the first issue of Hawkeye a while back and really enjoyed it, but apparently a collection's coming out in March so I'm tempted to just wait for that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 pm
Meta_Fish
Stupid as it sounds, the mind-swapping thing in Spider-Man is what got me to buy a few issues and I just read 700. I thought it was pretty neat, and I am just about to read the first issue of Superior.

No! I've been reading Sonic the Hedgehog though and they advertise the crap out of it. They're also doing a World's Collide crossover, so I'm really thinking of jumping on that. I love Mega Man much more than Sonic, so why am I not reading it yet? Damn.

Allegro
Hawk Guy is still utterly fantastic

Also hey I'm here

I finally got around to picking up issue 2, your enthusiasm pushed me over the edge. Got my girlfriend hooked too, so she wants more. So we're heading to our local comic book store today so I can play catch up.

I've got so many to pick up when I get my student loans money. I have the first couple issues of all the Before Watchmen comics. Need more.

Zephyrkitty

I got the first issue of Hawkeye a while back and really enjoyed it, but apparently a collection's coming out in March so I'm tempted to just wait for that.

Yea, they pretty much do trade paper back's for all popular comics. So if you're into a series and prefer that, you're probably better off doing TPB's over single issues.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm
Also, any other recommendations?

I've been reading Avengers Academy, but I'll be done today. Then I'm hitting checking out Darkhawk, just trying to do all my homework for Avengers Arena. Which I recommend to everyone by the way. It's like Hunger Games meets Avengers Academy. Or more like Battle Royale meeting Avengers Academy.

Dope. stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm
Ribbin
Meta_Fish

No! I've been reading Sonic the Hedgehog though and they advertise the crap out of it. They're also doing a World's Collide crossover, so I'm really thinking of jumping on that. I love Mega Man much more than Sonic, so why am I not reading it yet? Damn.
You can get the graphic novels for around ten bucks (US) on Amazon and the first three I can't recommend enough, especially for you. Mega Man 1 takes up four issues (first graphic novel), then finishing off MM1 and Powered Up (Oil and Time) in the next four issues. Then they go right into Mega Man 2 and somehow finish that in four issues as well, which is kind of a bummer, since the original eight Robot Masters stick around in the comic, whereas the MM2 eight die incredibly quickly (though they might show up again). It just felt kinda rushed.

Then they go off on this tangent with some terrorist organization, Emerald Spears (funny, get it?) that starts off okay, but gets worse. Then there's a two-issue Protoman origin story which is really, really good (assuming it's in the fourth novel) and now they're back to just dicking around.

Started out really strong, now it's getting a bit weak, but that's possibly just me not liking anything different from the game. If you like the Sonic comics, you might like this, but after they've introduced a bunch of new characters and piddled around like this, I get a bit miffed. Proto Man and Mega Man 2 got rushed through, then they focus on stupid bullshit for awhile... Kinda sucks. Though "Rock of Ages" is a definite pick-up if you find it as a single issue. Mega Man flashes through his entire history (classic series only) and it's a fun read.

ANYWAY ENOUGH ABOUT MEGA MAN COMICS

I haven't really read Sonic. I have never been much into comics until lately, and even now I'm just dipping my toe in. The crossover holds promise, especially considering they've promised only game characters will make appearances.

Also: this.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am
Meta_Fish
Ribbin
Meta_Fish

You can get the graphic novels for around ten bucks (US) on Amazon and the first three I can't recommend enough, especially for you. Mega Man 1 takes up four issues (first graphic novel), then finishing off MM1 and Powered Up (Oil and Time) in the next four issues. Then they go right into Mega Man 2 and somehow finish that in four issues as well, which is kind of a bummer, since the original eight Robot Masters stick around in the comic, whereas the MM2 eight die incredibly quickly (though they might show up again). It just felt kinda rushed.

Then they go off on this tangent with some terrorist organization, Emerald Spears (funny, get it?) that starts off okay, but gets worse. Then there's a two-issue Protoman origin story which is really, really good (assuming it's in the fourth novel) and now they're back to just dicking around.

Started out really strong, now it's getting a bit weak, but that's possibly just me not liking anything different from the game. If you like the Sonic comics, you might like this, but after they've introduced a bunch of new characters and piddled around like this, I get a bit miffed. Proto Man and Mega Man 2 got rushed through, then they focus on stupid bullshit for awhile... Kinda sucks. Though "Rock of Ages" is a definite pick-up if you find it as a single issue. Mega Man flashes through his entire history (classic series only) and it's a fun read.

ANYWAY ENOUGH ABOUT MEGA MAN COMICS

I haven't really read Sonic. I have never been much into comics until lately, and even now I'm just dipping my toe in. The crossover holds promise, especially considering they've promised only game characters will make appearances.

Also: this.

I just got a prepaid visa card for my birthday. Might order a couple issues of Mega Man. Sonic comics are great, but specifically because of the universe they've created. They add a lot of the oldschool game characters and random characters and they do those well. But they create a Brotherhood of Guardians that Knuckles descends from and that's really what's great about them. They create so many characters and stray so far from the games in such a good way. All of Knuckles ancestors are such badasses.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff