Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
███ ♛ ███ ❛ THE ── coffee shop 」1 x 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:35 pm
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ
" C'est une douleur qui se garde // Qui fait plus de bien que de mal"

Je veux juste une dernière danse
Avant l'ombre et l'indifférence
Elle fait partie de moi

icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeje peux mourir. demain ` mais ça n'change « RIEN
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeicecoffeeice Merci d'avoir enchanté ma vie
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeice Le bonheur ancré dans mon âme !! elle fait partie de moi
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeecoffeec'est même trop pour UN SEUL HOMME
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeej'ai appris p.ar coeur ` Il est déjà trop tard ( Je veux juste une dernière danse )

» » » une dernière danse icedtea

"We have to be going now. Are you sure you don't need us to drive you back?"

Kanon shook her head and smiled lightly as she cleaned up their table. "It`s fine."

"You'd better be careful coming back if you aren't letting us take you, alright?"

"Mhmm." Kanon nodded her head in agreement, relieved that they gave up so easily. If she had been thinking clearly, she would`ve been suspicious of her easy victory. The headache was not helping her.

After the group left, her boss appeared out of nowhere with a teary face and proceeded to glomp the poor girl. "Kanon~! How could you do that? They were your last hope!" Slightly annoyed, Kanon tried shoving her boss off, but the mother father hen - was that even possible? - held on tightly. "You mustn`t get raped! You`re too young, so much potential!" Kanon fought the overwhelming urge to punch him.

"B-Boss, I`ll be f-fine." She choked out as her oxygen supply decreased dramatically.

"But you won`t be fine! See - you`re already stuttering! My poor Kanon-chan~" Said boss only ended up with a tighter grip, and Kanon`s face was turning whiter by the minute. Of course, he mistook it for fear.

"C-Can`t breathe..."

Blinking, the tall man looked down at the suffocated girl and released her immediately. "Oh, so you`re not scared?" Kanon shook her head, gasping in relief while clearing the table. "That`s great! Gonna go now, bye-bye~" He waved, the flash of his car keys in his palm, and he was out the door.

"But boss..."

Kanon was talking to thin air. As she picked up the tray, she shook her head in dismay. Oh yes, her boss tended to keep all his conversations extremely one-sided. That idiot! And it didn`t help that she had this bad feeling, like something she really did not like was going to happen...

"Shut. The. Hell. Up."

With each word, she banged her head against the wall, muttering to herself. Several of the customers looked at her in alarm, while the usual ones smiled in amusement and continued with their own conversations. Oh yes, there was that lovely spot in the wall where Kanon loved to bash her head every now and then. At least it cleared up her headache, if only by a fraction. Glancing at the clock on the wall, Kanon estimated that quite a while had passed during the exchange, and now the clock was reading an alarming 5:00. Oh dear. The sun was already sinking, its last few rays casting a blinding light through the snow.

[ OOC: ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 am
xxxxx
User Image

Ω not as strong as you make me out to ¤ BE

xxxxxxxΩ ∞ can't t r u s t A N Y O N E but м є

ησт ALONE
no one yet « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
curiously anxious, mildly irritated at himself, very irritated at his 'friends' « xxx
ησт MINDLESS
'...Damn it...' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
close to the Coffee Shop « xxx

Dante stood in the snow, quite a while away from the Coffee Shop; like hell he was going to go back in there. It was humiliating. He'd rather wait out here and then watch over the girl from afar. Then at the very least, she wouldn't have to know he had come back...though he might stand out way too much with the color of his hair contrasting against the pure snow. He took a glance at his watch.

5:00.

Almost closing time...he sighed, irritated at himself and at his 'friends'. He was muttering darkly to himself when a gang of males, acting like they were horsing around, entered the Coffee Shop. Dante's mafia-esque instincts came to life immediately and his eyes narrowed.

He stubbed his second cigarette into the lamp-post he was leaning against and then smothered it into the snow, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he wandered over closer to the Coffee Shop...Why did he feel like something bad was going to happen?

||OoC: Hurhurhur, let's make a situation where Dante has to come in to save Kanon~~~ 8'DD Sorry D: Stupid, short post 'cause Hunter's brain has dried up... ||

t h e hero you make me o u t to be is but a thought a n d shadow; a figment o f your own imagination.

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:12 pm
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeje peux mourir. demain ` mais ça n'change « RIEN
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeicecoffeeice Merci d'avoir enchanté ma vie
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeeice Le bonheur ancré dans mon âme !! elle fait partie de moi
icechocolattecoffeeicechocolattecoffeej'ai appris p.ar coeur ` Il est déjà trop tard ( Je veux juste une dernière danse )

Looking up from the counter, Kanon eyed the new group uneasily. There were only a few people left, and she was the only employee still in the shop. Dusting her hands off, she smiled apprehensively. "Hello, welcome to the Coffee Shop. What would you like to order?" Suddenly, the gang`s attention snapped to the petite girl, wide grins appearing on their faces. As they began to order, Kanon had only one thought.

'God, help me...'

Thirty minutes later, and it was time to close the shop. Standing in front of the rather noisy group, Kanon cleared her throat. "Sorry, but we`re closing now." She faced their stares head on, knowing that there would be terrible consequences if she turned away. One of the boys grinned sloppily at her.

"C`mon, mademoiselle, don`t be like that. In fact, why don`t you join-"

He was elbowed by one of his friends. Standing up, the brunette grinned and slung one hand over her shoulder casually. "Ah, are you sure you want to do that?" Knocking his arm off, she scooted over to the side.

"Business hours are business hours. If you don`t leave in five minutes, I`m calling the cops."

The brunette was about to retort something when another one of the gang stood up, clapping one hand on the guy`s shoulder. By the look of things, this was the group leader. "I`m sorry, mademoiselle," the blonde said, smiling. "We`ll be leaving now." He bowed lightly to her. Kanon blinked, glancing suspiciously at him before retreating to the safety of the counter. The group let out complains, but one look from the blonde man and they all clamped their mouths shut. After they left, Kanon couldn`t help but sigh in relief. A few minutes later, the girl was locking the front door of the shop. Slipping the keys into her messenger bag, she began walking.

A few steps down, a pair of strong arms grabbed her from the back and Kanon began struggling. "Stop struggling!" Came the yell, which Kanon vaguely recognized as the brunette from the shop. Elbowing him repeatedly in the stomach, Kanon struggled against the tight grip and stomped on his feet. After the fifth jab, he relaxed his grip and Kanon whirred around, kicking him solidly in the stomach. As he stumbled back, she became aware that the gang had formed a circle, preventing escape. Evidently, they did not expect her to fight back.

"This is hardly fair! What is this, seven on one..."

Another young man stepped out, the blonde leader. "Miss, please don`t make this difficult. We`d like you to come with us." Kanon snorted.

"Yeah, when I`m dead."

He sighed. "I`d hate to fight a girl, but seems I have no choice..." And before Kanon could register what was happening, she was laying on the street with a broken left wrist and the blonde guys standing over her. Kanon groaned, rolling over to her side. This was what she got for agreeing to stay so late.

[ OOC: It`s fine, plenty to work with. xD ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
Kanon « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
furious, curiously concerned « xxx
ησт MINDLESS
'....' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
close to the Coffee Shop --- towards the dorms « xxx

Dante was getting infuriatingly nervous...What were they doing in there? What would happen to Kanon? When had he become so concerned for her? Just hours earlier, she had slapped him. Why was he even doing this? He almost didn't notice the gang leaving the Coffee Shop. His heart leapt in worry; but nothing seemed to have happened...yet.

To be safe, he hung back a little.

A few minutes after the gang had left (though Dante was a little suspicious that they turned down an alley which was a dead end), Kanon came out and locked the front door. His eyes followed her as she walked away, and he was relaxing when nothing happened to her for a few feet.

But then she was jerked into the dead-end alleyway and Dante cursed loudly in Italian, shoving off the lamp post and launching himself across the street. "Stop struggling!" The voice was faint, from far away, and Dante propelled himself faster. The voices became a blur; Kanon, some guy, Kanon again, the guy; and then the voices stopped. His blood sang in his ears as he finally reached the front of the alleyway; and the sight before him caused some unknown beast inside his chest to burst out of its' steel enforced cage and roar barbarically.

"OI."

His voice made all the gang members turn towards him, the blonde leader scowling. "Pick on someone your own size, bastardo." He surprised himself with how even his voice sounded. "Che, mind your own business!" One of them aimed a sloppy punch at him and Dante didn't even have to think before he dodged and countered, slamming the guy's head against the wall with such strength that he knocked the guy unconscious. The rest of the gang immediately turned to him, and Dante could almost taste that ripple of unease that expanded through them. "The only one allowed to give that girl any problem is me." His voice was low, dark; an animalistic glint in his eyes that revealed his true, mafiaso nature.

They all came at him and after a series of dodging, punching, breaking faces and skull structures, and kicking the weak ones in the nuts, Dante stepped over the groaning, last member, advancing towards the gang leader menacingly, his features shadowed and his cigarette tip glowing a hellish red in the darkness. He stopped in front of the blonde, who quailed under the glare he could not see.

"Well?" He snarled.

He could've sworn the blonde pissed himself before he scrambled off, squealing like a pig. The rest of the gang crawled pitifully after him. "Che!" Dante spat out his cancer stick, extinguishing it into the snow, before he remembered Kanon, and turned towards her. He probably shouldn't move her but...He grimaced, picking up her back and slinging it over his shoulder, before kneeling and scooping her up, one hand behind her back and the other under her knees, keeping her hands across her chest and their bodies close together. He didn't know why it hurt so much to see her like this...Where did his strong, no nonsense, tough as nails rival go?

He headed out of the alleyway, towards the dormitories. He'd just give her over to one of her friends when he got there. To cover up his immense concern, he started to mutter about stupid, stubborn French girls who shouldn't agree to late night shifts all alone no matter what her boss said, and should at the very least agree to have her friends pick her up after work.

||OoC: Oooohhh, heroic Dante! .O.!! ||

t h e hero you make me o u t to be is but a thought a n d shadow; a figment o f your own imagination.

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 pm
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

Still sprawled on the floor, Kanon barely managed to hear a rather loud "OI." Her eyes were fixed on the broken wrist, blood pounding in her ears. Oh Lord, why her left wrist?

"Pick on someone your own size, bastardo." Who was that? "Che, mind your own business!" "The only one allowed to give that girl any problem is me."

Kanon flopped her left hand uselessly, gazing blankly at the limb. Somewhere in her mind, she registered that the voice was friendly, and awfully familiar, but she couldn`t grasp it. Her wrist, her wrist...The pain was like fire, burning away at her mind. The attack itself wouldn`t have hurt so much if Kanon`s mind hadn`t been screaming. There was lots of movement and noises around her, she noted dully. Oh, it was hurting her head so badly. If they would just shut up... A few moments later, her wish was granted. Someone picked her up, that she summarized. And that someone was muttering unhappily.

"My wrist..." Kanon called out with a strangled voice. "Broken. It`s b-broken." Well, it was no good if she didn`t get it treated.

She would`ve been able to withstand it had the guy broken her right wrist, but why her left? How could she play the violin now? Music, her one only refuge, was taken from her. Nothing to vent out her anger on. It was like someone ripped her in half. She hated feeling like a bag of potatoes. Damn it, she wasn`t weak! Wasn`t...but Kanon doubted she could support herself. Ah, the stupid effects of mind shock. But how long would she have to stay away? How long would it be before her grandfather`s violin welcomed her back with open arms?

"Grandfather..." she murmured sleepily as her mind fogged up. A rather unpleasant dullness was settling in her brain. She could care less about what was happening. She had to get her wrist set right. Or she`d be disappointing her grandfather! No, that wouldn`t do! Kanon`s mind went through a whole swing of emotions and thoughts, half of them depressing and half of them ridiculous.

Oh God, there better not be a car. Kanon blanched at the thought.

"I`m gonna die." she said dully. Oh yeah, today was a perfect example of: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

[ OOC: that reminds me of America - "I`m the hero!" Hetalia is hilarious. o w o
                                  A friend of mine broke a finger once before a concert...it was not pretty. ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:14 am
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
Kanon « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
ησт MINDLESS
'....' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
towards the hospital « xxx

Dante shut up as the girl in his arms spoke up. "My wrist...Broken. It`s b-broken." Just those words, and Dante had already changed course from the dorms to a hospital. There was no way anyone at the college knew how to mend broken wrists. Dante might have been worried sick to the point of delusional, but he thought he felt Kanon trembling. He quickly brushed it off and went on his way. "Grandfather..." Was she going mental on him now? He certainly hoped not.

It wasn't like he was worried about her or anything...

...yeah, who was he kidding?

"I`m gonna die."

"...idiota, no one's dying." Dante wanted to snap at her, but it only came out as a rough scold. It was just the aftershock of what had happened talking, he told himself, but that didn't stop him from hurrying towards the hospital quicker.

=-=

Five minutes of speed-walking later, and Dante was pacing back and forth in front of the hospital room the nurses had taken Kanon into. His fingers were twitching and he was dying for a cigarette to relieve his stress; but he was in a hospital and smoking wasn't allowed.

He was sure he was creating grooves into the floor with the amount of walking around he was doing.

'Dammit, why am I even worried about her?'

He scowled darkly and sat down, only to stand up again and walk to the door and back across the hall to lean against the wall. What was taking them so long? Were they going to have to amputate her wrist or something? The thought made him uncomfortable. That...wasn't it, right?

||OoC: OHLOL I love Hetalia~ Romano and Feliciano are just <333 [/is shot] Urgh, I just have this Italy fetish...I don't know why I love Italy so much, it just...[/flails]

D'8 That sounds horrible...[/is glad she has never broken any bones...yet] ||

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 am
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

They were changing directions; that was the only thought on Kanon`s mind. She had absolutely no idea where the person carrying her was headed. And the mysterious identity of her savior...she had a vague suspicion but felt too exhausted to check. The person was tall - when she turned her head to face the sidewalk, she felt like she was several feet up in the air.

"...idiota, no one's dying."

"I suppose..." Kanon replied dryly. But then her mind finally registered who it was.The long red hair had been an obvious clue, and Kanon now wondered how she managed to miss it. "Yeah, I am." 'Of embarrasment,' she added in her mind. As she turned her head resolutely to the side, Kanon felt the wet liquid in the back of her head.

"Is it bad to mention that I`m dripping blood on the ground?"

------------

"Now, if you could please wiggle your fingers for me?"

Kanon complied glumly, wincing in pain as she accidently moved her wrist as well. She hated hospitals, but she supposed there was no choice. The doctor nodded, and then continued with his examination. "Alright, and does this hurt?" He applied gentle pressure to the back of her head, a few inches off the wound. According to him, Kanon probably aquired it when she fell on her head. Ouuuuuch. She hissed and immediately ducked.

"Alright. Stay here - I`ll be right back." The doctor told her firmly before leaving the room. Upon entering the hallway, he glanced at the pacing Dante. "Are you Miss Kanon`s guardian?" He looked as his clipboard. "Her left wrist will take around a month to heal. Judging from the calluses on her fingers, I would advise you to keep her away from whatever string instrument she plays, until her wrist is fully healed. She appears to be right-handed, so no interference in writing..." He hummed as he scanned the sheet, wondering how to break the next part of the news. "She seems to have aquired an injury to the back of her head, and we`re not sure if it has caused any brain damage. We`d like for her to check back again tomorrow, to make sure her senses are working and there are no memory losses."

Kanon, meanwhile, was absentmindedly staring at the walls. She had heard the doctor`s verdict, and it was just terrible. For a whole month...what would she do? She stared at her wrist glumly, as if hoping it would fix itself if she stared hard enough. Well, it obviously didn`t work.

[ OOC: I like Austria best... "I shall now express my anger." "Your anger is Chopin." xDD
                                  I really like Russia too...his laugh is just so cool. "Kolkolkol" and the fact he`s so creepy.
                                  I`ve broken one bone and dislocated my elbow twice when I was little, according to my mom. O___O ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:09 pm
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
Kanon « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
ησт MINDLESS
'...cazzo, I don't like it when she's looking like that.' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
hospital « xxx

"Is it bad to mention that I`m dripping blood on the ground?"

"...God dammit."

=-=

"Are you Miss Kanon`s guardian?"

Dante looked up at that, his lips twitching. "...Classmate." Yeah, that was the best way to describe their relationship, he supposed. They weren't friends...and a little more than acquaintances. "Her left wrist will take around a month to heal. Judging from the calluses on her fingers, I would advise you to keep her away from whatever string instrument she plays, until her wrist is fully healed." For a moment, Dante felt a sting to his heart. Being kept away from the instrument you loved...Dante didn't even want to know what that felt like. "She appears to be right-handed, so no interference in writing..." But they didn't have a lot of writing to do at a music college....he had half a mind to grab the doctor by the lapels of his white coat and shake sense into him.

"She seems to have aquired an injury to the back of her head, and we`re not sure if it has caused any brain damage. We`d like for her to check back again tomorrow, to make sure her senses are working and there are no memory losses." That explained the bleed- Hold it, what? Dante felt his fingers twitch dangerously. "That's fine, she can stay here for the night if you want. I'm not sure if she'll be able to keep from hurting herself even more if she goes back to the dorms now." Even worried, he couldn't help but insert a sarcastic quip.

The doctor let him into the room and he closed the door behind him, crossing his arms as he finally faced Kanon. For some reason, he looked a little pissed off at the dejected look on the girl's face. "Get your crap together, pigtails." He muttered, uncrossing his arms to reach over with the intention to ruffle her hair, but held back as he remembered the doctor's words about her head injury. "It's only going to be a month."

||OoC: OHLOLYES I loved that part xDD
                                Russia's awesome...but Prussia's the best xDD
                                >O< Ouch. ||

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

Staring at the ceiling and counting sheep was fun, Kanon decided. The imaginary fluffy animals were jumping around in her mind, and somehow the cow over the moon made an appearance too. Oh great, she was going insane. And she could swear she heard someone singing, "Hickory dickory dock..." And then the door clicked open, and Kanon rolled over to see that familiar pissed off expression and red hair.

"Get your crap together, pigtails."

Kanon grinned lopsidedly. "...the mouse went up the clock~" She sang, off-key, to the song that began in her head. She frowned - at least, that`s what she thought the lyrics were. It had been a while since she last herad the song. "No cussing, nah-uh!" She pulled herself up at the last part, pinching Dante`s cheeks. "Frickin` chubby-cheeks." Ah, it was the drugs the doctor gave her.

"It's only going to be a month."

With that statement, Kanon flopped back down onto the hospital bed dejectedly. "Just a month he says," she muttered, obviously to herself. "Oh yes, it just had to be the month of December!" The month of her birthday, the month of her grandfather`s death, the month of Christmas, the most important month of her life. And now she couldn`t even play in the Christmas concert!

She waved her left wrist around, now wrapped in white bandages. "Just a month, what could it possibly do besides drive me insane?" Covering her eyes with her right arm, she added, "And what should I do about the expenses...?"

And her head was throbbing. It was dull pain, but it was unfortunately pounding away at the back of her skull. She probably should start wearing a hat to cover that. Kanon grimaced. How would she pull a hat over her pigtails? She lifted two fingers and gingerly pressed the wound, instantly flinching away. Owwwwwww. Okay, she probably should start sleeping on her side...or her stomach. That was real uncomfortable, though.

"You think it`ll heal in time for the concert?"

Kanon hated hospitals. Hopefully, the doctor would let her leave and not stay the night...even if it was getting dangerous. The clock was reading a 7 o`clock and it was dark outside. She pulled a face.

[ OOC: Prussia and Hungary! That was so funny - the part where he found out that Hungary was actually a girl. "You grow one of those, don`t you?" ...Awkward crickets chirping. ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
Kanon « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
ησт MINDLESS
'...cazzo, I don't like it when she's looking like that.' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
hospital « xxx

When "...the mouse went up the clock~" was the first thing that Dante was greeted with, he became certain that he was going to keep Kanon here until tomorrow. She obviously had brain trauma. "No cussing, nah-uh!" "The hell-?" Dante felt fingers on his cheeks, and stared at the girl blankly. "Frickin` chubby-cheeks." The crimson-haired Italian blanched. It was the drugs talking wasn't it? And what the hell, chubby cheeks? She finally let go and plopped back down onto the bed sullenly.

"Just a month he says. Oh yes, it just had to be the month of December!" Dante scowled. What was so important about it anyways? They had one every year. "Just a month, what could it possibly do besides drive me insane?" "Oi, it's just another month. We have December every year. It's not like they're going to cancel it out suddenly or something, jeez..."

But she didn't seem to be listening. "And what should I do about the expenses...?" Dante grunted, but offered nothing. Was it too late to accept the money his father sent him...? He was deep in thought and didn't notice Kanon's discomfort at the wound on the back of her head.

"You think it`ll heal in time for the concert?"

Dante blinked at Kanon. Was that what she was worried about. Truthfully, he didn't know, and it was more likely than not that she wouldn't; but for some reason he found himself saying what he wasn't thinking for the first time in his life...

"...yeah, probably."

And for the record, he didn't even sound remotely sarcastic.

He noticed her glancing at the clock and scowled. "You're not leaving the hospital tonight. I'm not going to let you go back to the dorms with you uncoordinated like this. You're going to make your injuries worse."

||OoC: ||

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 am
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

Kanon watched with fascination as Dante`s face shifted from expression to expression. Someday, she was going to have to do an exploration on the human mind and its various emotions. "Oi, it's just another month. We have December every year. It's not like they're going to cancel it out suddenly or something, jeez..." And that brought Kanon back to her misery. Flopping her arms around like a fish, she countered his statement.

"Yeah, but it only comes around once a year! And there`s a promise I hafta keep!" She frowned. Then she began wailing. "Oh noes! I wasn`t supposed to say the last part out loud!" If she was in her right mindset, Kanon would`ve been facepalming at her ridiculous actions right now. Unfortunately, fate had other plans and now Kanon was acting like an insane idiot. Might as well chuck her into the asylum while they were at it.

"...yeah, probably."

Kanon blinked for a few seconds. Was he being...nice? Was that an actually sincere statement? Gaping, she mocked a loud gasp. "You can be nice?!" She pointed an accusing finger at him. Then her face grew serious. "Do ya really think so?" She shook her head. Better not get her hopes up, or she`ll be devastated when it doesn`t heal by then. Oh yes, Kanon, be ever the optimistic pessimist.

"You're not leaving the hospital tonight. I'm not going to let you go back to the dorms with you uncoordinated like this. You're going to make your injuries worse."

Scowling, Kanon shot back, "You`re not letting me? Who do you think you are? Besides, I don`t live in the dorms!" Then, her expression softened and she sighed. "And for the record, I already know. I`m an trouble-magnet. Murphy`s law always applies to me: whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."

Gently massaging her temples to relieve the ache, Kanon realized one fact and frowned. Glancing at Dante curiously, she asked in a perplexed tone, "And why are you still here? I mean, I`m not ungrateful or anything, but I thought you hated me." She pointed out, wondering indeed why the Italian was still there. Another thought crossed her mind and she narrowed her eyes angrily. "If it`s pity, I don`t need it." Ouch, automatic defense mechanism.

[ OOC: ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 am
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
Kanon « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
curiously concerned « xxx
ησт MINDLESS
'...I am not worried about her dammit...' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
hospital « xxx

Dante's brow furrowed. "Yeah, but it only comes around once a year! And there`s a promise I hafta keep!" "A promise...huh..." He sounded curiously bitter when he said that. "Oh noes! I wasn`t supposed to say the last part out loud!" Huh, this was actually getting interesting...he wondered what else he could weasel out of her while she was in this state. He had to ask that doctor what pain killer he gave her, and get some to slip into her food often or something.

"You can be nice?!" Dante winced at the high-pitched statement. "Do ya really think so?" And Dante scowled. "I said 'probably' didn't I? I ain't no doctor, pigtails." Aaaaaand nice Dante was gone, sour-puss, irritable Dante returning in half a second.

"You`re not letting me? Who do you think you are? Besides, I don`t live in the dorms! And for the record, I already know. I`m an trouble-magnet. Murphy`s law always applies to me: whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."

"All the more reason to stay. At least you'll have doctors here in case you break more bones."

He didn't answer the 'who do you think you are part', as he had no good enough answer. "And why are you still here? I mean, I`m not ungrateful or anything, but I thought you hated me." He blinked. Why was he here? He didn't know. "If it`s pity, I don`t need it." Dante snorted. "I know you don't. Don't jump to conclusions, idiot." He crossed his arms. "Those guys would kill me if I left right now. Besides, I need to make sure you're going to stay put." He sat down on the chair beside the bed. "I'm leaving as soon as you settle down......" And then he added in a quiet, gruff undertone. ".....and I don't hate you." 'You're just a seriously annoying girl whose stubbornness always gets her into trouble...'

||OoC: ||

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm
User Image
кαnon ʟ`oυvᴇʀтυʀᴇ

Elle fait partie de moi

"I said 'probably' didn't I? I ain't no doctor, pigtails."

Kanon frowned. "The name`s Kanon, not pigtails."

"All the more reason to stay. At least you'll have doctors here in case you break more bones."

He had ignored her question? Kanon glanced at him, her face taking on a slant so that she could survey the young man through her bangs.

"I know you don't. Don't jump to conclusions, idiot." Her eyes narrowed, taking on a defensive position.

"Those guys would kill me if I left right now. Besides, I need to make sure you're going to stay put. I'm leaving as soon as you settle down......"

Kanon tilted her head all the way back, analyzing Dante from her position. "You know what I think?" She lifted her left hand, pointing one pale finger at him. "You actually care, but you don`t want to destory that 'I-don`t-give-a-damn-about-anyone' reputation of yours." She scoffed, turning to face him properly.

".....and I don't hate you."

At that statement, Kanon flinched in surprise. "And why the heck do you not?" Her voice held a note of intrigue. That was a good question - even Kanon was dying to hear the answer. "Is it just a great dislike, then?" She demanded, hoping that his answer was a 'yes'.

Suddenly, she fell back onto the bed. "You know what? It doesn`t matter." It never did. Why should she care? After all, it wasn`t like they were going to meet again after they graduated. Everyone went their own ways. "Good night." As Kanon rolled over to face the wall, she found herself wondering if the Italian was going to stay.

"The hell." she muttered angrily when she found herself hoping that he was going to stay.

[ OOC: short post - let`s time-skip to December 2nd the next post. ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:45 pm
xxxxx
User Image

ησт ALONE
no one special « xxx
ησт HEARTLESS
irritated « xxx
ησт MINDLESS
'...stupid...' « xxx
ησт ANYWHERE
piano room « xxx

Dante snorted. "The name`s Kanon, not pigtails." "And it's Dante, not chubby-cheeks." He retorted with lightning fast reflexes. He leaned back against his chair, keeping his arms crossed and his gaze fixed on anywhere but Kanon. "You know what I think?" Dante raised an eyebrow, glancing at the dark-haired girl out of the corner of his eye. "You actually care, but you don`t want to destory that 'I-don`t-give-a-damn-about-anyone' reputation of yours." "...Wrong. I don't give a damn." He was still telling himself that; but he still didn't know why he was staying.

"And why the heck do you not? Is it just a great dislike, then?"

"Go to sleep, idiot."

Dante the great evader.

"You know what? It doesn`t matter. Good night." Finally. Dante mused to himself as Kanon finally rolled over. "The hell." He didn't even want to know what that was all about. However, when he finally settled down as well, he ended up falling asleep in his chair; waking up in the early morning before Kanon did, and rushing out before she could wake up and find out that he had stayed the night (unintentionally).

=-=Time Skip=-=

Dante was not in a really good mood this morning.

A letter had just arrived for him from Italy, written in an irritatingly familiar, neat, slanted cursive Sicilian (though it was curiously alarming at the unstable quality of it, as if it took all the writer had just to keep the fountain pen upright). He scowled at the signature; the formal Don Constanta scrawled neatly at the bottom of the letter as if the man wasn't his father; or just a father in name only. "Keh!" Wanted him to come back to Sicily? Was the old man running out of tricks or something? Like Dante wanted to inherit the famiglia...However, that wasn't what made him uneasy. It was the section where his father had written 'Voglio che festeggiare il Natale insieme.' [Translated into 'I want us to spend Christmas together.'] bit that really worried him.

He knew Dante loathed Christmas more than anything...so why...?

The scowl on his face deepened and he folded the letter up once more, glowering at the expensive looking parchment as if it were some sort of evil talisman; as if his glare could set it on fire and destroy it.

||OoC: D'AWWWW They're just so cute <3

More drama coming up next~ I'm going to be sending Dante's bodyguard/friend from Italy in the next post, probably~~~ 8'D ||

User Image

mochilli

ice and coffee

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:11 pm
User Image iceandcoffeeKANON L'OUVERTURExxviolinist
iceteacoffeeicetea▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
iceandcoffeeteaandiceJE VEUX JUSTE UN DERNIERE DANSE - I JUST WANT ONE LAST DANCE
iceandcoffeeteaandicecoffeeMERCI D'AVOIR ENCHANTE MA VIE - THANK YOU FOR ENCHANTING MY LIFE

[ company - professor, classmates ] iceandtea [ location - homeroom ] iceandtea [ thoughts - 'I`m screwed...and where`s Dante?' ]

Scowling furiously, Kanon glared at the doctor, who was tightening the bandages around her left wrist "to keep in in place". Pfft, what was she going to do? Make the wrist heal lopsidedly? Okay, maybe that was possible, but still. She let out another hiss as the bandages hit a sore spot. "Alright, you`re free to go." Finally! "Be careful with your left hand." What did he think she was? An idiot?

Kanon smiled wearily. "Thanks, doc. How much is it going to cost?"

"Nah, it`s fine." Raising her eyebrows in surprise, Kanon glanced at him doubtfully. "It`d already been paid for by someone else." She was surprised.

"Who?"

The doctor smiled, finishing up with his work. "A kindly old gentleman by the name of Jean-Claude. Do you know him?"

"Oui. He was grandfather`s friend." She looked around curiously. "Where`s Dante?"

Grinning mischeviously, the doctor replied, "You mean the young man who took you here? He left earlier this morning."

Kanon blinked. "Ya mean he actually stayed here?" She found that hard to believe. Didn`t he say he was gonna leave the moment he made sure she was asleep and not going to attempt some crazy plan to hurdle out of the window? "Pffffft. Idiot. Must`ve fallen asleep while waiting for me to abandon my plans."

"Well, you can go now. You`re going to be late for class if you don`t hurry."

Kanon grinned. "Merci." She slid off the bed, waved goodbye to the doctor, and skipped down the hall cheerfully. Kanon didn`t quite remember her conversation last night, but she had the vague feeling that she accidently said something she shouldn`t have. Kanon shrugged it off. It could wait.

After a hasty trip to her apartment, Kanon was rushing into homeroom, bag slung over one shoulder and her left arm hanging awkwardly by her side. She entered the classroom just as the bell rang. "Yessssss!" She headed for the teacher, a doctor`s note in her right hand.

"Yes, mademoiselle Kanon?"

After reading Kanon`s note, the professor nodded. "You`re very lucky, Kanon. We`re starting on compositions for this class, so you`re not required to play your instrument for this assignment." He stroke his mustache, and Kanon found herself mesmerized by the shiny baldness of his head. "That will be a slight problem though...after all, we will be composing both melody and harmony parts, but you`ll be unable to play the two hands for piano. Why don`t you partner up with someone?"

Kanon was just glad she found an excuse to not have to play the piano. It was well known that most of the people in orchestra can play the piano, even if they were not experts like Dante. Kanon was one of the few who failed at it.

"That works."

The professor smiled, clapping his hands.

"Alright, get your butts in your seats. Or else, I`ll mark you absent. For the upcoming Christmas concert, each of you will have the chance to play your own composition. Only the top ten will be selected, out of all the classes." A hand shot up. "Yes?"

"Is piano the only instrument we`re allowed to write for?"

The professor looked apalled. "This may be your homeroom class, monsieur, but this is a composition class. You are supposed to demonstrate that you can write a harmony that flows with the melody! Of course, piano is the logical answer!"

No one saw his logic.

"You are allowed to partner up, in groups of either two or three. Hurry and pick who you want, before I partner you up with someone."

[ OOC: They're both so defensive when it comes to themselves. [/shakes head] There's like a huge elephant in the room and they always manage to walk around it. xD
                                          LOL, bodyguard? I can never take that word seriously anymore - I always think of Gokudera and start laughing. O w O ]

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff