Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Trip to the Fair (Mini-game pg2) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:43 am
[Lore/Rory/Tam]

"A game?" Dith turned to the stranger and looked over at the booth he indicated and perked up visibly, which was impressive as he hadn't exactly looked gloomy before. "Hey! One of those hammer games! Just what the doctor ordered; literally! Sure, it sounds like fun; call me Dith, friend, and this here is Lore who I ave just me. Who're you?"

Viktor eyed the game currently under discussion for a moment before giving a soft tut of wry amusement and jumping off Dith's shoulders. he explained to the others, giving himself a bit of a shake to settle his joints and muscles again after impact with the ground.

Somebody else was waving; Dith didn't recognise her but he waved back all the same. She might not even be waving at him of course, but he had never let potentially making a fool of himself get in the way of being friendly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 am
[Aulus]

She smiled back at him and gave his hand a similar squeeze and, decision made, she headed towards the pizza stand. The line was thankfully short at the moment, so it wasn't long before pizza and soda were obtained. Claire paid for hers - in cash, of course - before moving to the side and having a sip of her drink. "We should probably find a table... There's one!" She nudged her shoulder and Zeus immediately jumped off and bolted towards the table, making one girl stumble as something dashed through the space where she was about to step, and displacing one couple who had also set their sights on the same table. A growl and a bit of electricity crackling from his cheeks quickly changed their minds, however, so when Claire and Aulus arrived moments later they had the table all to themselves. As soon as Claire sat, she tore a chunk off her piece of pizza and offered it to the Pikachu as a reward, which he took and shoved in his mouth so fast it barely even touched his paws. The agent just rolled her eyes and started eating. The faster they ate, the faster they could get to other things! Like rides, or games or something.

-------

[Sasha]

Huh, she changed topics halfway through her first sentence, both of which started with 'oh'. That, and she was, at the moment, from Kodo, but really she was from all sorts of places? Weird. "I've traveled a lot with family too. Cruises and stuff," which were now a thing of the past. "But I'm still from Kodo. I live in Camphoreon." It suddenly struck her that she should probably introduce herself at some point - she got distracted by this girl's level of weirdness. She's seen a lot weirder people and things though, and her attitude has slowly (thankfully) dulled from voicing her harsh criticisms of people to silently noting mild ones. Usually. "I'm Seraphine, by the way."

She turned to glance around, pale green eyes narrowed to try to sharpen her vision slightly to see better - she wasn't wearing her contacts and hell if she was about to wear glasses in public - and she clicked her tongue stud against her teeth. It took but a moment to find her target, and she pointed to it for the other girl's benefit. "The cotton candy and stuff is over that way," she said. See? She could be helpful!

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 am
[Claire]

Aulus and Tortie made their own contribution to clearing the way and securing exclusive use of the table; side by side they stalked along, giving the crowd near identical glares. Where Tortie growled and showed her teeth to anything that didn't move fast enough Aulus sneered and turned his head to make sure they got a good look at the livid scar that ran down his face. He didn't mind it so much these days; Claire liked it, and he found that he cared less what 'normal' people thought of him. He wasn't a normal person anymore, and they were idiots anyway.

Sitting down at the table Aulus' sneer was replaced by a slight smirk, a scratch for Tortie and a nod to Zeus. "Military precision," he said, cracking open his drink and taking a deep swig. "So what do you fancy first, once we've eaten? Games, or rides?" Aulus bit into his pizza, privately thinking that games might be better - give food a chance to go down - but if Claire felt otherwise he was prepared to be persuaded.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
[Anyone]

So you thought that Yuri Lowell only hung around Camphoreon? HA! You wish. The guy has such restless legs that he can't possibly stay in one place forever. Sure, he did back home, but he's somewhere completely different, and his appetite for adventure has been gnawing at him for a while now. So, the man has been traveling to some of the cities closer to Camphoreon, and he ended up in Jinko. Having heard about the fair, Yuri decided to check it out. He could distinctly remember the festivals and such in the Lower Quarter, and so this is a bit nostalgic for him.

The man with the long black hair will be walking around the fair grounds, holding some fluffy pink cotton candy. He's got an incurable sweet tooth, so he couldn't let that go by. A fair is the perfect place to earn a few more cavities. So he'll be taking a bite out of that on occasion as he goes about, checking out the rides and whatever else there is.

Behind him followed his trust companion, Repede. The Growlithe trotting along and similarly looking around with his all too serious expression. He found a half eaten corn dog on the ground and promptly ate it up, with the stick now hanging out of his mouth.

---

Also, somewhere nearby and following a familiar scent, a huge greenish gray Arcanine will be walking through the crowd. A bit of an odd sight considering he doesn't seem to have an owner anywhere in view.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:31 pm
(Tambery)

It was unlikely that Jerome would have come to an event like this on his own, he didn't remember the last time he went to a fair, probably never now that he thought about it.
But today, he he passed a friend in the halls who was going to be taking the day to go into the town. and he heard of a couple others who would be going as well.
He didn't have anything better to do, so a trip outside the stuffy completely enclosed base sounded like a much better idea then hanging around the gym aria all day, trying to work himself back into shape.

Dressed in a comfortable pare of jeans, a t-shirt and light unzipped hoodie, Jerome wandered through the crowds of people, keeping his eye out for Tambery, whom he had lost track of somewhere along the way.
It helped that people naturally tended to give him a wide berth, maintaining an appearance that made people cautious despite having a very chill attitude.
It made it easier to see, and before too long he found his book worm waving toward the direction of some games.

"Gettin' lost in places like this." He grunted, stepping back up next to her, before looking over to where she was waving to.
He recognized Lore of course, and then the huge guy... met him before too, one of Izumi's friends, ******** if he remembered his name though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:30 pm
[Lore/Dith/Tambrey]

Rory grinned at the tall man and held out a hand, "Rory," he replied, "I'm sure neither of us will be able to go all Hulk on it," he gestured to himself and the other man that looked very familiar now that he was closer, "but it'll still be fun."

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted someone else walking their way and recognized the familiar dark hair. He grinned at her as another tall, dark skinned man approached her and gave a small wave in return.

The charmander looked up as the espeon jumped down from his trainer's shoulder and kept munching away on the fluff the electric type had offered. His eyes widened when he looked up at the man the espeon was speaking of.

While the lizard was talking to the other pokemon, Thor looked down at his cotton candy bag after the fire type had taken another handful. He gave a small whine when he realized that the lizard had taken his last pawfull of the sugary candy.

He looked over at his trainer and his empty bag before running back and throwing the bag at Rory's feet.

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 pm
[Seraphine]

"Well, I've done more than cruising. We've moved from region to region for contests and stuff. Right now, we're staying in Kodo... Camphoreon Town, to be exact." This was true, but she never visited her parents that often anymore (every once in a while, but not too often). At least they were satisfied with her being on a Pokemon journey of some sort. Every once in a while they'd call her, and she'd tell them a somewhat falsified version of what she was doing (Trainer things instead of Rocket things), but other than that she didn't talk to them all that much. "Hi, Seraphine! I'm Sasha. Nice to meet you." Sasha extended her hand in greeting. "Thanks for the directions! Shall we go over there now?"

Yuri/His Arcanine

All three of Sasha's Pokemon seemed to notice the big, unusually-colored Arcanine. Asceron (the Charizard) turned to watch him first and considered investigating, but decided that guarding Sasha was a more important duty. Coba (the Aron) stayed put, but Florie (the Igglybuff) seemed to be bouncing off in the Arcanine's direction...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:30 pm
[Dith/Rory/Tambrey/Jerome]

"Pffff, if I'm ever not up for games, put me out of my misery." Lore answered Rory, grinning. He too recognized the fellow Grunt from base, though he didn't announce it.

Movement caught Lore's eye a moment before he spotted Tambrey approaching, followed shortly by Jerome. "Hey!" Looking thrilled to see even more familiar faces he reached out to pat Tambrey's arm, "Escaped Slenderman for a day? Good for you." He tilted his head to grin up at Jerome, "We were just about to engage in a battle of brawn. Wanna join in? You're probably the only one of us who might give my new friend Dith here some competition. No offense, Tam. I'm sure you've got a mean swing."

"WHIMSICOTT!!" Cappuccino was distracted from answering the cluster of chattering pokemon when he noticed what his sister was doing. Instead he turned his attention to tackling her and smooshing cotton candy in her face.

Dante-Sayre
Crew

Seeker

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm
[Yuri]

Natalia walked with Little Luke in her arms as she looked around. There was so many different games and rides and she wasn't sure where to start. A dart game captured her attention and she pause briefly to look at it only to end up almost stopping in front of a long haired man. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said with an apologetic smile to Yuri.

~*~*~

[Dith/Rory/Tambrey/Jerome/Lore]

Shizuo kept his hands in his pockets as he walked along the games and attractions. None of them had caught his eyes and he was thinking about leaving when he saw a group with some familiar people in it. The bottle blond wandered over to them and nodded hello to everyone as he moved to stand by Jerome. "Haven't seen you around in a while. Though that might have been 'cause I was busy."

~*~*~

[Anyone]

It had been a while since he had left the base, one of the reasons being the fact that he was learning how to do his new job in the demolitions department. Now that he was settled and now an agent, Xander figured now was as good as any time to go have some fun at the fair. Right now he had his eyes on a rather small, low roller coaster.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:50 pm
Dith/Lore/Rory/Jerome/Shizuo

Well, now the giant man was waving at her; for some reason it gave her a slight urge to go and buy some sweetcorn, though, of course, that would be very random and silly- he wasn't even green.
Well, he was cheerful and, remembering an old joke about a gorilla, she happily returned the return-wave, though was relieved to see Rory grin too.
Good, she wasn't just waving at the stranger.

"Ah!" Jerome's arrival at her side was startling but not unwelcome and she smirked at the comment. "Uh. I guess 'f y're not used to the place maybe... 'S a bit of a crowd too..." She acknowledged, pushing her hands into the pockets of a denim jacket.

Thor's antics with the bag got a smile before she registered slight confusion at Lore's greeting.
"Slenderma-Oh! Heh." She grinned. "I think he's still in the room talkin' to 'mself..."
She raised her hand to show no offense was taken, but couldn't help but look from Jerome to Dith as Lore commented.
"Oh certainly, but showing 't off might be a bit unfair." She joked.

She made a note of Dith's name, smiling yet again at him, though then finding herself turning it onto someone new who'd just nodded at them all and started talking to Jerome. Should be polite, after all.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:05 am
(Lore/Dith/Tambery/Rory/Shizuo)

"Could tell ya every street and ally in th' city. 'place like this?" He shook his head "take some gettin' used ta"

Jerome gave a quiet curt jerk up of his chin when him and Tambery were greeted by Lore and Rory, letting her do more of the talking until he was addressed directly. An eye brow quirking lightly as Lore mentioned being the only one to stand a chance against the giant man.
Jerome took one look at the guy and knew he wouldn't, even if he wasn't still going through physical therapy.
"Battle a' brawn hum? s'that 'bout?"

Another voice, this one familiar caused the tattooed man to glance over, not surprised to see yet another figure from Izumi's group approaching.
Jerome's eyes drew a little wider for a moment, seeing his friends guardian, before glancing around, half expecting.
"No kiddin' man, how ya been?" Jerome offered his hand out in a casual bro fist.
"Y'got the whole gang here eh? Got Izumi floatin' 'round?" he asked, looking from Dith and Shizou as he spoke to them after a second glance didn't turn up any blue haired mechanics.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 am
[Sasha's Igglybuff]

The Arcanine continued along, following the scent, driven by a force only he knew. However, something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye and he stopped to look. The giant dog looked down at the tiny round thing with big blue eyes. He didn't make any sound, but the Pokemon is clearly not aggressive but perhaps... curious?

[Natalia]

Fortunately Yuri was watching where he was going and manages to stop before this girl runs into him.

"Whoooa hey, watch it."

The words aren't mean or malicious, maybe a little annoyed but rather easy going about it. She does need to watch where she's going, especially in a crowd like this. However, something gave him pause. The way she's dressed and perhaps even the slight accent in her voice. Someone else from Grande Ile?  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:24 am
(Lore/Dith/Tambery/Jerome/Shizuo)

Unaware of the building temper tantrum that his pokemon was building up to, Rory grinned over at Lore, "Awesome! We should head over that way then."

He nodded to the unfamiliar blond that approached and turned his attention over to Tambrey. "Aw, why not?" he asked with a smirk and a wink, "That's the best part of the game." When Lore mentioned that the other tall man might be able to challenge Dith, he looked over at him. He remembered him too, though he wasn't quite sure he had the name correct.

He gestured over to the game stand that they had been talking about, "A nice challenge with that thing. Are you interested?" It would definitely be interesting to see the two large men go up against each other, even though Rory knew he would have no chance against either one of them. He might be able to win against Lore, though. Maybe.

The charmander put a claw over his mouth in surprise when the Whimsicott tackled the other one and smashed the fluff into her face. He waited to see what would happen and debated on if he would attempt to break up a battle if one ensued. Though cotton candy battling could be fun.

Down at Rory's feet, the small pichu was very displeased that his trainer was ignoring his demand. His trainer never ignored him! What was he doing that was more important than getting more of the fluff stuff?!

He put both pink fluff covered paws on the leg of Rory's jeans and tugged as hard as he could.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:22 pm
[Lore/Rory/Tam/Jerome/Shizuo]

Suddenly, all the people! He remembered the tattooed man - you tended to remember people with tattoos on their eyeballs - and offered the man a smile and; "Hey there." Then, to Rory; "Well we all have our natural gifts and curses, right? I am gifted with being strong like Tauros, and cursed with hitting my head on a lot of doorframes. It's a wonder my forehead doesn't have a dent in it." He had no idea what Lore meant by Slenderman; a mutual acquaintance who reminded them of Slendie he presumed though.

"Hey Shizuo!" Dith beamed as he spotted the blond. "How've you been other than busy? Good I hope!" Another quick turn of the conversation had him looking back down at Jerome and shaking his head. "I have not seen her, but I sent a message to her saying I was here so perhaps she will appear after the doughtnuts I promised to buy. Anyway!" Dith pointed dramatically, "To the game! Who wants first go?" Not waiting for a reply he moved over to the strength test game, and as ever the crowds parted to let him go where he wanted to.

Giving a slight sigh Viktor trotted on after his trainer; he did enjoy seeing the human enjoy himself in his expansive manner but at the same time he knew that this was going to turn into a very long very tiring day indeed.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:29 pm
:: MINI-GAME ALERT! ::

"STEP RIGHT UP, FOLKS, AND GIVE IT A TRY!"

Over in the numerous rows of carnival games, there seems to be one that certainly knows how to make itself heard. The man is short and portly, with thick black eyebrows and a bristly mustache. His balding head reflects the sun's rays every time he steps out from under the booth's protective canopy. He seems friendly enough. To the right of the stall, a jester clad entirely in black and red, save for the lower half of the face, seems to be enjoying a game of mental button pushing. That's alright, though. The game operator is throwing it right back at the performer in stride.

:: HOW THIS WORKS ::
This is a game modeled after the slot machines found in several Pokemon games. The object of the game is to win points by rolling three 4-sided dice. These will act as the 3 columns from a slot machine roll. After each roll, refer to the PAYOUT table below to see how many points you have gained.

THE CATCH: As this is a mini-game within the ORP, it is intended to be incorporated in as something to do within the ORP. Mr. NPC Man will be responding to characters when appropriate. If none of your characters are actively playing the game IC-ly, you can still participate as the player, but only for half the points. Also, your dice rolls MUST be attached to an RP post. This is to prevent flooding the ORP with empty non-RP posts. The only exception is if you make the RP post, but forget to add the post action.

SPAMMING IN-CHARACTER POSTS IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET MORE POINTS WILL RESULT IN BEING DISQUALIFIED.
If this happens, a single warning will be given, and the extra points will be void. If the spamming continues, Jinko Fair Security will appear on the scene to escort the character(s) away from the game booth, and the character Player will be barred from participating in the mini-game for the remainder of this ORP. Any points you have won up until that point will also be discarded.

:: PAYOUT ::
444 ........................... +20 Pts
333 ........................... +10 Pts
222 ........................... +10 Pts
111 ........................... +8 Pts
Two 4's ..................... +4 Pts
Two of any other # ... +2 Pts

:: PRIZES ::
There will be a Prize Limit per Player. All Prizes are normal-colored Pokemon. Prizes are non-evolving, unless otherwise stated.

List Coming Soon

--------------------------------------------------

The man wore his most amiable car dealer smile. "Slot games straight from Kanto! Come test your luck!"

"Hoping to save up for another hot dog, Old Timer?"

"It's better than what you paid for that hat, Bobo."

The jester merely grinned and resumed juggling three colorful bean bags with ease.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff