Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
It's been a week. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  </3
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm
gdapw

Ive always know SAD as seasonal affective, but I know the others connect in. Do you find the seasons highly affective and if so does that mean things usually get tougher in winter which is coming up?

Even if your not really close to comeone, it can still hurt to lose them, or to experience the feelings that come with it. Although I had only talked to Matti a few times before he was lost in the CHCH quake he was one of my bros best friends and did a lot of his tattoo work. When I visited the new southern ink tattoo shop since I was taking my mum to get her new tattoo at thier new location I saw the portrait that one of the guys who was working did of him (amazing skills I will show you if you are interested) and had happened to just step outside the building when it hit. But I saw that and that still brought a bunch of emotions to me, because he was really close to my bro, and he was very loved. I know its very different, but just saying you dont have to be best friends with someone to be very affected when they go.

Even if you leave us, you will always be a part of my family and always welcome back.

One of the really tough thing about helping people is that it can be toxic. I have lost much of my soul in believing I could help people who just cant be helped. Im not saying not to be there for them. Im just saying I know it can make you lose parts of yourself.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE driving...if only petrol(gas) wasnt so expensive. Those californians just dont appreciate how cheap thier gas is. But I find it relaxing, back roads are great. I really love challenging driving away from other traffic (Like unpaved back high country hilly windy roads). Also got a new (used) car...that reminds me, I should make a topic about that at some point.

And yep, people...will be people, no matter how much we try....and boy do we try, we cant change them. We can only change ourselves. Im sure you're better off not worrying about him.

Not really, I'm pretty much in the same place much. I won't say that the weather doesn't affect me at all or anything like that, but my mood isn't really dependent on it or anything like that.

Thanks, I appreciate the anecdote, even if the situations are pretty different. It helps sometimes to just know that other people have gone through loss.

That's the hardest thing about I think. I talk to a lot of people, and encourage them to talk to me if they need someone to listen, but even though I love doing it, it's hard to always keep my ears open. Their issues start to weigh you down after a little while...

Is gas more expensive in NZ compared to here? I know in Denmark I was shocked at how high their prices were compared to ours, but that was a long time ago. I love that too -- it's super fun. I actually have some pictures I've been meaning to upload of my latest adventures in the middle of nowhere, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. XD

The last couple of days have been really good without the worrying actually. My head has been a lot clearer, I've been more of my typical bubbly self too. c:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Citrus Novii
...if only petrol(gas) wasnt so expensive.

gdapw
Is gas more expensive in NZ compared to here?

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

average is over $4 here in NY, guys. and last i had heard, we're one of the top three or five in gas prices...

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Citrus Novii

gdapw

average is over $4 here in NY, guys. and last i had heard, we're one of the top three or five in gas prices...

...It's tripping me out, I'm pretty sure your quotes are backwards lol.
Sucks though, I knew it was pretty high up there but not THAT high.

Down here in my town we're at about...$3 something.
I've seen a few at just $3.45  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 pm
Citrus Novii

they're in there, that's the main thing
but yeah. we went down to Florida (Disney World) last year and heard people talking about how the $2.45/gallon prices there were so high. my sister turned around and said "Hey, we're from New York. Gas is almost four dollars a gallon up there!"
they shut up

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 am
Citrus Novii

Not really, I'm pretty much in the same place much. I won't say that the weather doesn't affect me at all or anything like that, but my mood isn't really dependent on it or anything like that.

Thanks, I appreciate the anecdote, even if the situations are pretty different. It helps sometimes to just know that other people have gone through loss.

That's the hardest thing about I think. I talk to a lot of people, and encourage them to talk to me if they need someone to listen, but even though I love doing it, it's hard to always keep my ears open. Their issues start to weigh you down after a little while...

Is gas more expensive in NZ compared to here? I know in Denmark I was shocked at how high their prices were compared to ours, but that was a long time ago. I love that too -- it's super fun. I actually have some pictures I've been meaning to upload of my latest adventures in the middle of nowhere, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. XD

The last couple of days have been really good without the worrying actually. My head has been a lot clearer, I've been more of my typical bubbly self too. c:

Okay thats kinda good to know. Personally I kinda preffer winter to summer. I like the cold.

Its a sad fact of life the older you get the more people you lose. Im lucky that I havent lost anyone Ive been too close to recently though. But its one of the reasons you should embrace the relationships you do have with people, because you just never know when somethings going to happen. I mean although we always know a big quake can hit at any time...you just dont expect to lose people that suddenly.

For me, I try my best to help others, but bottle up all my own issues, which at times my walls have burst. But I have learnt that you cant help everyone, and some times you need to just step away from the especially toxic ones.

Based on conversion to gallons, and current exchange rate. we are paying $6.65 per gallon...and thats at the cheapest places. Still we pay nothing compared to england (just looked at one of the places I stayed when I was there last, and at the cheap prices they are paying about $8.20 USD/Gallon)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 am
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Citrus Novii

gdapw

emo stop bragging about your cheap gas.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 am
gdapw

you talking diesel or regular unleaded?
cuz i'm talking about the latter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

Just plain ol regular. America has pretty much the cheapest gas in western world  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 pm
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

Just plain ol regular. America has pretty much the cheapest gas in western world

how much is it for you guys?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

look at the bottom of 5 posts above.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw

look at the bottom of 5 posts above.

o.Ol|l

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:19 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

o.Ol|l

So you can understand why countrys outside of the US are all like gonk when they complain about thier prices?  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

o.Ol|l

So you can understand why countrys outside of the US are all like gonk when they complain about thier prices?

and if we compare currencies...theirs might be stronger than ours, so it might mean nothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:35 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

o.Ol|l

and if we compare currencies...theirs might be stronger than ours, so it might mean nothing

"Based on conversion to gallons, and current exchange rate" Reread it, Im a nerd I always do my maths.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
gdapw
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

o.Ol|l

"Based on conversion to gallons, and current exchange rate" Reread it, Im a nerd I always do my maths.

so one US dollar means how many of whatever their equivalent is? (a pound?)
and how much were they showing in their currency?

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces