Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Twenty-One Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy
  Birthday
View Results

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm
Glad to hear that your birthday was nice. ^___^
It is weird getting old. Especially weird when people treat you like an adult. Which I mean is good 'cause pretty sure that's how it should be but still xD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Drink driving is always a problem, for ages in Aus we've had an absolute zero BAC when driving if you're on your learning or either provisional license, which is a pretty sensible system. I'm still on the last stage of my provisional license, so even at 21 I couldn't drive with so much as 0.01 blood alcohol.

Thats good for the licencing, but you can have your full licence here by 17 I think, so I like that its age based.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 pm
Sagebomb
ShadowedMoonlight
Drink driving is always a problem, for ages in Aus we've had an absolute zero BAC when driving if you're on your learning or either provisional license, which is a pretty sensible system. I'm still on the last stage of my provisional license, so even at 21 I couldn't drive with so much as 0.01 blood alcohol.

Thats good for the licencing, but you can have your full licence here by 17 I think, so I like that its age based.
Wow, really, full license by 17? Here it's basically impossible to be on your open license before you're 20.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Sagebomb
ShadowedMoonlight

Wow, really, full license by 17? Here it's basically impossible to be on your open license before you're 20.

Looks like it was updated in the past year

"Full licence
(option 1) = • 18 years old.
• Held a restricted licence at least 18 months."

"Full licence
(option 2) = • 17½ years old.
• Held a restricted licence at least 12 months.
• Completed an approved advanced driving course."

To be able to get a learners licence was changed from 15 to 16, and restricted to 16.5 as long as youve had your learners 6 months.

For australia I see "the minimum time to move from a learner licence, at the minimum age of 16, to a full licence is four years." With a log book? Thats kinda epic.

Though Im okay with our current system, as long as penaltys for breaking rules are enforced.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 am
Sagebomb

Looks like it was updated in the past year

"Full licence
(option 1) = • 18 years old.
• Held a restricted licence at least 18 months."

"Full licence
(option 2) = • 17½ years old.
• Held a restricted licence at least 12 months.
• Completed an approved advanced driving course."

To be able to get a learners licence was changed from 15 to 16, and restricted to 16.5 as long as youve had your learners 6 months.

For australia I see "the minimum time to move from a learner licence, at the minimum age of 16, to a full licence is four years." With a log book? Thats kinda epic.

Though Im okay with our current system, as long as penaltys for breaking rules are enforced.
Wow, NZ keeps it simple.
Yeah, with Aus you can get your learners' licence at 16 - as long as you pass the written test. You then have to complete a 100 hour log book, including 10 hours of night driving. You must have somebody with an open licence with you at all times.
Then, you send the logbook in to get it approved, and if it does you can take your practical exam. If you pass, you get your red provisional licence, which you hold for one year. Then you take an online exam and get your green provisional licence, which is for two years.
If you don't lose your green P licence within those two years, you get your Open licence.
Right up until you get that Open licence, your BAC must be 0.00% at all times when driving, or you'll face immediate licence suspension.
All this, and yet there are still dumb kids who manage to drive dangerously and drink drive. stare

We also have a problem with idiots taking the written exam, failing, not taking it again and just driving anyway. I want to club all these people with lead batons. If you've failed the written exam, it means you don't know the road rules well enough to drive safely, period. Why anybody thinks that means they should just endanger themselves and others will forever be a mystery to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 am
ShadowedMoonlight

We also have a problem with idiots taking the written exam, failing, not taking it again and just driving anyway. I want to club all these people with lead batons. If you've failed the written exam, it means you don't know the road rules well enough to drive safely, period. Why anybody thinks that means they should just endanger themselves and others will forever be a mystery to me.

Yeah thats pretty epic.

yeah for us step one is pass the written test, and you get your learners

"You must only drive with a supervisor sitting beside you at all times. Your supervisor must hold a current full New Zealand car licence which does not have a supervisor condition. They must have held their full New Zealand licence (or an equivalent overseas licence) for at least two years.
Your car must display learner (L) plates front and rear.
You may carry passengers but your supervisor has to agree to this.
You face severe penalties if you drive outside the licence conditions."

Then to get the restricted (after 6 months of learners) you sit a driving test.

"While on a restricted licence:

You can drive on your own, but not between 10pm and 5am
Generally, you cannot carry passengers without the supervision of a licensed car driver. Your supervisor must hold a current full New Zealand car licence which does not have a supervisor condition. They must have held their full New Zealand licence (or an equivalent overseas licence) for at least two years."

The you sit that full test.

The log book sounds quite forgable/fakeable?

And there will always be idiots. I watch a few of the cop shows (both NZ and Aus ones), and seems pretty common for suspended/disualified/non-licenced/etc people to just drive anyways  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 am
ShadowedMoonlight
It's my birthday today. I've been on this earth for 21 years.

Oh btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAJ6Xk9bnew&feature=fvst

Just because your 2ne1  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:22 pm
Happy belated birthday. I love you. ;3

I wish I could be legal for everything at 18... That'd be so awesome.

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm
Chaosfox8888

Thank you! Love you too. whee
Yes, it's pretty neat, and it's more logical too. I think if you're old enough to sign up for the army, you're old enough to have a beer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am
ShadowedMoonlight
Chaosfox8888

Thank you! Love you too. whee
Yes, it's pretty neat, and it's more logical too. I think if you're old enough to sign up for the army, you're old enough to have a beer.

Sounds about right. I totally agree. :D  

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff