Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Any tips on how to get rid of pimples? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm so ugly
  T.T
View Results

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:29 pm
Clover_IceQueen

My mom has been trying to get me to use proactive for years, but I kept refusing. Now, I know why. I always had a bad feeling about that product.
Yeah, it's nasty stuff. It'll clear up your pimples while you use it, but it'll cause some serious damage while it's at it. Not worth the trade-off.
I'd have to look at your skin to give more specific recommendations, there are so many reasons pimples show up - some external, some internal. Sometimes even things like your skin being too dry can cause pimples - again, your skin over-producing oil to try and compensate.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen

My mom has been trying to get me to use proactive for years, but I kept refusing. Now, I know why. I always had a bad feeling about that product.
Yeah, it's nasty stuff. It'll clear up your pimples while you use it, but it'll cause some serious damage while it's at it. Not worth the trade-off.
I'd have to look at your skin to give more specific recommendations, there are so many reasons pimples show up - some external, some internal. Sometimes even things like your skin being too dry can cause pimples - again, your skin over-producing oil to try and compensate.

My skin is in no way dry. My skin is super oily, and I've tried drinking more water so that it will thin out the oil a bit, but that didn't help at all sad  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:40 pm
Clover_IceQueen

My skin is in no way dry. My skin is super oily, and I've tried drinking more water so that it will thin out the oil a bit, but that didn't help at all sad
In that case, I'd check hormones and get cosmeceutical-grade products suitable for your skin - a constulation at a skin clinic would be a good idea. That said, I know these things aren't cheap.
The upside to oily skin is that it tends to age better (as long as you don't destroy it with things like Proactive).
There are some home remedies I've heard but not tried, but they at least wouldn't damage the skin - making toners using lemon juice or witch-hazel water, teatree like Sage mentioned, gentle anti-bacterial products. They might not control the oil production, but they could help stop the infection that causes pustules.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen

In that case, I'd check hormones and get cosmeceutical-grade products suitable for your skin - a constulation at a skin clinic would be a good idea. That said, I know these things aren't cheap.
The upside to oily skin is that it tends to age better (as long as you don't destroy it with things like Proactive).
There are some home remedies I've heard but not tried, but they at least wouldn't damage the skin - making toners using lemon juice or witch-hazel water, teatree like Sage mentioned, gentle anti-bacterial products. They might not control the oil production, but they could help stop the infection that causes pustules.

The problem is that I'm in college and have not the money or time to go to a doctor sweatdrop I was hoping to discover a remedy that I can do in the dorm.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:52 pm
Clover_IceQueen

The problem is that I'm in college and have not the money or time to go to a doctor sweatdrop I was hoping to discover a remedy that I can do in the dorm.
Sorry I don't have better news for you. With that being your situation, probably your best bet is to try and wash your face several times a day and use one of the home remedies I mentioned morning and night - I've got a really simple recipe for a lemon toner, all you need is 5ml lemon juice in 50ml purified water, dip some cotton pads in it and wipe it over your face, then maybe spot-hit existing blemishes with a little teatree.
If the cause is hormonal this might not help, but it'd be worth a try anyway, since it'd be cheap and quick and wouldn't hurt.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
Clover_IceQueen

Sorry I don't have better news for you. With that being your situation, probably your best bet is to try and wash your face several times a day and use one of the home remedies I mentioned morning and night - I've got a really simple recipe for a lemon toner, all you need is 5ml lemon juice in 50ml purified water, dip some cotton pads in it and wipe it over your face, then maybe spot-hit existing blemishes with a little teatree.
If the cause is hormonal this might not help, but it'd be worth a try anyway, since it'd be cheap and quick and wouldn't hurt.

Great. Now, I just need some lemon juice lol  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Clover_IceQueen
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

leave them alone, and find something for the stuff that helps it run its course and keep it from coming back

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Everytime one goes away, three more replace it classified_fu

then your face must be one big-a** pimple User Image

Well, aren't you a b***h? smile

smartass is more accurate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Clover_IceQueen
Don't mind if you two are joking with each other (friends bust on each other, I know). But if it's not in jest -- I'd appreciate it if this (and all convos here) are kept clean/civil.

ShadowedMoonlight
You are a plethora of information. And a beautiful tropical fish.  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Clover_IceQueen

Your college dosent have a drop in center supported by your student body fees? Most unis in NZ at least have clinics that although may not be completly free but usually if not they are really cheap.

Like for my uni (well the one i went to)

"Most medical consultations for students will be free if you have a card and have enrolled with this clinic.

If you have not enrolled with this clinic we will charge $20 and if you also don't have a community services card, we will charge $35. Charges are higher if your account will be paid by a third party. This is because the UC heavily subsidises the clinic to avoid students being deterred from accessing medical care due to lack of money."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

Your college dosent have a drop in center supported by your student body fees? Most unis in NZ at least have clinics that although may not be completly free but usually if not they are really cheap.

Like for my uni (well the one i went to)

"Most medical consultations for students will be free if you have a card and have enrolled with this clinic.

If you have not enrolled with this clinic we will charge $20 and if you also don't have a community services card, we will charge $35. Charges are higher if your account will be paid by a third party. This is because the UC heavily subsidises the clinic to avoid students being deterred from accessing medical care due to lack of money."

No clinic nearby sad  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm
Clover_IceQueen

No clinic nearby sad

Small college then?

Most colleges/unis with more than a couple thousand students usually have a clinic on site.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

No clinic nearby sad

Small college then?

Most colleges/unis with more than a couple thousand students usually have a clinic on site.

Yeah, I guess it is small compared to most colleges.  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Sagebomb
Clover_IceQueen

No clinic nearby sad

Small college then?

Yeah, I guess it is small compared to most colleges.

true, my uni was about 17k students  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm
Ginhi~kun
You are a plethora of information. And a beautiful tropical fish.
Haha, thank you. 4laugh It just so happens that this is an area in which I am a trained professional.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:02 am
Sleep on a clean towel every night.
That really helped me out.

ALSO.
I use clean and clear. The orange one, the morning face wash and the exfoliating scrub. They also make your face feel cool and refreshed. whee

OR. Get some of those oil sheets next time your in town. Seriously try the towel thing. A lot of gunk gets built up in our pillows and sheets. 3nodding  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff