Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 pm
"Well then, you kids have fun." And with that, the old lady took the glasses and headed back inside. Leaving the two younger adults to themselves.

Abigail's question though, didn't surprise Yuri at all. "Yeah, that's right. Looks like you got some pretty fancy clothes there yourself." What she was wearing was definitely elaborate, even by Grande Ilian standards. But not exactly uncommon either.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 pm
Abigail gave one final smile to the old woman before she disappeared back into her house, and then focused her attention on Yuri again. "I do, yes," she agreed with a smile and a bit of a flush in her cheeks as she looked down at her clothes. They weren't that fancy, were they? She looked back up at Yuri though, having only briefly glanced down at her outfit. "I grew up there as a girl, but moved when I was about 15. I only got a chance to go back a few months ago," she explained.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:37 pm
Fancy compared to his at least, and compared to the people in Kodo. But then, even he stood out around here.

"Oh yeah? You from the capital?"

Because honestly, he didn't really know very many cities outside of Devoirue and the one he'd been stationed at during his time in the Guarde.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm
"From Devoirue, yes," she said, her smile continuing. "What about you?"

Now that she thought about it, his clothes did look a little more plain than hers, she supposed.. Really, though, she loved almost any clothing from Grand Ile. She always had preferred wearing the style at school in Goldenrod than whatever they were wearing.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 pm
"Same here. From the Lower Quarter."

Most people might have said that with a bit of shame. But there was a measure of pride in Yuri's voice. It was his home after all, and there was nothing to be ashamed about. Even if it was the poorest end of town. The people there were like family to him.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:04 pm
If Yuri expected any kind of negative reaction from Abigail, he didn't get one. A look of recognition passed over her face instead and she simply nodded. "Ah, okay. So when did you move to Kodo?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:08 pm
"Last summer, but I dunno if I'd actually call it a move."

He said this while tilting his gaze away and rubbing the back of his head. Yeeeah, that subject was a little awkward considering he'd kinda been forced to come here against his will.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:16 pm
"Ahh, okay," the former breeder replied with a nod. She could easily tell, from his words and how he looked away, that it wasn't exactly a topic he wanted to go into detail about.

Instead, she turned and stepped closer to the three gathered pokemon, patted Epona's neck, then offered one hand to Link and the other down to Repede, in preparation for pettings.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 pm
Don't get him wrong. Its not that it was a sensitive topic. But rather, it was something that didn't exactly make a good first impression. 'Hi, I'm Yuri Lowell. I'm a wanted criminal in Devoirue, and my hard a** best friend sent me here for intervention.'

Yeaaaah, probably better off not mentioning that one today.

He watched as she then approached the Pokemon. Repede looked up at her for a moment, but decided this lady was all right and thus wouldn't turn away pettings. Link was less interested and instead turned away and glanced at Yuri once before deciding to leave. The Arcanine making a leap over the fence and dashing off into the forest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 am
Yeeaaahhh, probably not the best thing to bring up, especially for a first impression.

Abigail gasped very lightly when Link suddenly took off, but since Repede stayed and obviously wasn't averse to her attention, she lowered herself to sit on her heels while she stroked his head. "You're very handsome," she told him happily, her hand working over to scratch behind his ears. Lovely conformation too, looked sturdy and well-built. He wouldn't win any beauty contests anytime soon, but he looked to her like a very reliable pokemon.

Epona's ears flicked back briefly when Link ran off suddenly, and craned her neck down towards Repede, snorting a small question of why at him.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm
Yuri watched as Link took off, not at all surprised in the least. "Sorry about that, he kinda just comes and goes when he wants to." It was an Arcanine after his own heart really. To be free and wild like that was definitely in Yuri's own nature. They were like kindred spirits.

Repede looked pleased at the compliment, puffing out his chest. He certainly took pride in being a reliable companion to Yuri, as well. While allowing the pettings, he also looked over to Epona wuffed something similar to what his human had just said.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:24 pm
"Oh, alright," she replied a bit uncertainly. Did Link actually belong to him then? It was a little weird, but she didn't bother to comment. Instead it reminded her that she had been on her way somewhere, and if she didn't leave soon she would be making half of the trip in the dark. "That reminds me that I should probably leave soon too, it'll be dark pretty soon. It was lovely meeting you though," Abigail said sincerely with a bright smile.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm
Yeah... his relationship with that Arcanine was interesting. Complicated was probably the right word. When Abigail said she needed to go through, Yuri hardly seemed bothered in the least and just returned her smile with a friendly one of his own.

"Yeah sure. See ya around."

With that, he decided he should probably be on his way too and thus started to walk off. Lifting his hand in a motionless wave as he departed.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm
"Au revoir," Abigail said pleasantly as she used a nearby rock as a step to get back up on Epona, then turned the Rapidash around to head towards Sandalwood.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out