Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
Potions and Plant Poisoning (Fifth Floor) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image
xx➤ ➤ ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

From the depths of the shadows two golden eyes stares back...

Y U Y A M I x A K I J I
                                                        p u r e b l o o d xxxxxxxx h e a l e r xxxxxxxx w e b x m a s t e r

... The eyes that watched the play with threads in its grasp.

Yuyami tried his darn hardest to suppress the sarcastic comments trying to spill forth from his lips. Something along the lines of, "oh, so you decided to go hug a tentacle monster?" But he kept his mouth shut, because he was out in public where who knows what could overhear him speak: he was too young to be fired.

"Let me see," the male said with a sigh. Yuyami gently brought Nowaki's hand to his eye level and examined the wound. Just a very deep cut with some minor rashes. It looked oddly clean. The edges of the broken skin were not jagged as one would expect after confronting rose thorns. There were also no debris, dirt... anything that one might associate with a ferocious plant. Yuyami cocked an eyebrow and looked up at his brother. "I guess the rosebush washed its thorns before attacking you." He knew.

This wound was just a standard cut and rash, nothing big. A student would be able to fix Nowaki. The older healer glanced at the new kid and said, "I want to see you do it." It could be good practice. And since the guy wouldn't know that the wound didn't as much touch a blade of grass, he might panic. With anxiety, the chance of a human error would be more likely. If Chase messed up, Yuyami could always fix Nowaki right away. And, hopefully, both would remember this lesson well.

Lady Pomegranates

T h e x f o x x b o r n x i n x t h e x s h a d o w s x o f x t h e x d a r k n e s s .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:58 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Healer || Nineteen

Chase was not amused. Not at all. What was Akiji doing, letting him, a healer from another department, heal a victim of murderous plants? "With all due respect, sir, but asking me to heal a wound that is clearly-" Hold on a second. All healers got the same initial training and received the same NEWT's. This means that Chase was as capable healing general wounds as any other healer, no matter if the injury came from a bear or a rabid rosebush. Based on biology textbooks, rosebushes do not pose any real dangers to humans. Which meant that the wound was a typical, standard skin trauma.

Akiji was still a dipshit, nonetheless.

Chase glanced over the bleeding cut and muttered a couple cleaning followed by mending spells, etc, all that jazz. Once done, he said, "You've lost a lot of blood, so make sure to eat lots of spinach. Do you feel light-headed?"

{ooc; i got lazy so have my sucky english}

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Lady Pomegranates

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Healer for Creature-Induced Injuries
Former Hufflepuff ~ Dating Sun Henrick

Mary Jane Clarisse
Healer for Potions and Plant Poisoning
Former Ravenclaw

User ImageUser Image Location: St. Mungo's Hospital (Third Floor)

Walking into St. Mungo’s Chloe dropped her stuff off on the first floor before heading up to the third floor of the hospital. Looking around it took her a minute to find her mother coming out of one of the patients rooms. Mary Jane looked quite surprised to see her daughter up on her floor. “Chloe, what brings you up here?” she asked curiously. “Nothing earth shattering really. I just know you get off work in a couple of hours and I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of moving out.” Chloe explained. “Really…?” Mary Jane questioned in a bit of surprise. ‘Why does everyone seem so surprised about this…?’ she thought as she watched her mother’s expression. “Yeah, I think it’s about time don’t you think?”

“You have a point. Alright, we’ll talk about it when you get home.” Mary Jane said with a nod. “Okay then, I better head down and get to work.” Chloe said with a smile. As she walked down the hall she quickly spun around as she recalled something. “Oh and mum I plan on telling Aunt Belle and Kota tonight so don’t say anything to them.” She said before rushing down the hall again. “Alright, I won’t.” Mary Jane called after her daughter before going back to work. Looked like she was going to be an empty nester soon, with her sister in-law and now her daughter planning on moving. 'Man does time ever fly.'

(Exit Chloe First Floor)

Chloe

Wearing: Summer Orange
_________

Mary Jane

Wearing: Summer Blue
_________

With: Each other
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:42 am

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

22 years || Changlong alumna || muggleborn
Healer-in-Training
Potions and Plant Poisonings, St. Mungo's Hospital

“Good, get it done.” St. Mungo's Administrator Trevor Michaels nodded in approval before leaving for the evening.

That was 3 hours ago. Now it was an hour or so after midnight during a peaceful third shift. Yarrow had finished checking in on the patients in Potions and Plant poisonings--most of them were asleep at this time-- and had set up camp at the couch in one of the shared office spaces. A small mess of files and textbooks were stacked around the coffee table, and she had a notebook balanced on each knee--one notes from school, one case notes. Yarrow was sitting on the ground in front of the table on her third thermos of tea, searching for answers.

“Hey,” Yarrow greeted the other healer-in-training that entered. ”Sorry for the mess. Michaels has me looking up alternative treatments for the St. Aubin girl,” she informed them. The young 8 year old had come in to Pediatrics for a normal check up two days ago, complaining of a rash and headaches. It had seemed normal, until they found signs of her gallstones and she seemed to be resisting all treatment. Although Yang usually was in Potions and Plant Poisonings, she was doing a rotation in Pediatrics. She’d already scoured through all her western texts on both common and uncommon mundane and magical ailments--the possibilities were scrawled and crossed out on the blackboard nearby. In front of her was now a Chinese text, detailing alternative diagnoses and possible treatments for Ciara St. Aubin’s symptoms.

Yang was about to go back to her research when she hesitated. ”No offense, but you look like s**t...you okay?” She patted the couch behind her, offering her colleague a rest. ”Is it a patient? Or life stuff?”

setting Office space of St. Mungo's, Summer 2053 || with Open to interactions!
appearance 5'8" fit and sturdy. || wearing panda scrubs
status We need to figure this out.

//OOC: Heya! This is a scene open to interaction! I just blind-tagged all healers-in-training and healers in Pediatrics (see quote below if you're wondering who, but really I'm welcome to anyone, listed or not, tagged or not!)

There are no particular plans. Feel free to join in researching, talk about whatever, and just banter. I was just looking for some interaction with the fellow healers for Yang smile

Ciara St. Aubin is a random npc name. Trevor Michaels is the listed npc Administrator, but since there are no listed full healers in Potions and Plant Poisonings, I used his name.

Graydon Ironshield
Katya Patrovna

Diamond Wales
Balder Borson

Cinnabun Gryffie
Brendan Findlay-Abrams
Remi Roussel
Lyall Thompson

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Vespera Salazar

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room
✾❈
~"Hysteria" by Nano.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃User Image
Slytherin Alumna ~ Pediatrics Healer in Training ~ 22 Years old

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Vespera sighed as she flopped onto the couch that Yarrow had patted, while holding a nice thermos of coffee. Working the night shift was a bummer, she didn’t get to see Rion nearly as much on night shifts, and last night had been a full moon, which was always a bit more stressful than normal nights. What if she had brewed her potion wrong, and Rion lost control of himself? So, after not sleeping much from worrying, not sleeping much because she was studying for work, and then actually working, she was exhausted.

Yang apologized for the mess, and Ves chuckled, her room was much messier than this was, they were all in training, who cared if their space was a bit messy. And then, Yang commented on looking like s**t. ”A little bit of both I think. This patient is troubling, just trying to figure out what’s up. The just the general working the night shift so close after the full moon, I need more sleep. Or energy. Or both. Both is good.” Yang was their friend Ves guessed, but did she know Rion was a werewolf? Had that ever come up before? Ves shook her head, she needed more coffee.

She thought about spiking her coffee with potions and more caffeine, but her little Jonah voice in her head told her how bad of an idea that was. ”Sorry, it’s nothing. I know we probably don’t want to force the girl into surgicalprocedures unless it’s necessary, but I don’t know why we can’t just take her gall bladder out, hope it helps, and move on with this instead of making the kid wait and suffer while we research and research some more. Although, I am glad at least we don’t have any broken arms in right now.” She stood up and began pacing around the room, chugging coffee as if she hadn’t drank anything in years. ”Do your texts give you any cool ideas?”

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: office at st. Mungos
With Whom: Yarrow
Thinking about: sleep.
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: probably scrubs?

Addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:45 am
User Image
Katya Patrovna
Hufflepuff AlumnusJunior Healer at St. Mungo'sTwenty-Four Years OldSingle
Past Art Club Captain

It was another long overnight shift in the Pediatrics Ward for Katya, not that she really minded that overly much. She found her work rewarding, and she loved her coworkers, even if the shifts tended to get a little crazy. As much as she would have rather been at home and being with Cian, she also knew it was a good thing to be here on these overnights. When emergencies did crop up, the night seemed to put more of an edge on things, and a hospital can be a pretty overwhelming place for a child having be there overnight. At times like that she could kinda channel Faina, be the big sister, and be the one who worked to make things a little better.

As she was making her rounds of the ward, with a large insulated Themos filled with her usual chocolate-espresso blend from Jumping Beans (coffee shop not far from the hospital) in her hands, she heard familiar voices coming from one of the offices shared by many of the junior healers. Arriving at the doorway, she saw Yarrow and Vespera already deep in consultation about one of the patients whom was admitted two days prior. She also saw the profusion of notes already on the blackboard, much of which was crossed out.

The twentysomething blonde healer-in-training knocked politely upon the door, so as not to startle her coworkers. "Hey, guys. You're talking about Clara St. Aubin, aren't you?" Nodding toward Vespera, she added, "I tend to agree we shouldn't try surgery unless we have no other option; we don't know if she's strong enough to handle it, if nothing else." While Pediatrics and Potions were her specialty, she was perfectly willing to think outside her own box to help a patient. As she tried to make heads or tails of the stuff on the blackboard, she asked Yarrow, "Has anyone checked to see if she's under some sort of persistent spell effect? Maybe she was subjected to a curse?"

OOC:
addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Taken by Cian Quinlan

User Image
                  "Take me now, The world's such a crazy place
                  When the walls come down, You'll know I'm here to stay
                  There's nothing I would change, Knowing that together everything that's in our way, We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops, Riding the aftershock beside you
                  Off into the sunset, Living like there's nothing left to lose
                  Chasing after gold mines, Crossing the fine lines we knew
                  Hold on and take a breath, I'll be here every step, Walking between the raindrops with you."

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? St Mungo's - Breakroom
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Yarrow Yu, Vespera Salazar, and Katya Patrovna
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Brainstorming a Case
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope we can help her...

Brennie was... very much stressed. They loved this job without a doubt, but on their fourth night shift in a row... well... the love was dwindling. Add in that there were a few complex cases and the stress just went through the roof. As they were hurrying to grab not only their healing textbook, but also files on one of their patients, there were several other senior healers that seemed to assume Brennie was an errand boy or something, since by the time they got to the break room, Brennie had a stack of at least ten patient files, several things in need of copying, and a few sets of page orders. Escaping into the safety of the break room, Brennie dropped the entire stack of paperwork and folders onto the counter.

Apparently they'd walked into a conversation about one of the cases in the pile. Ciara St. Aubin. She was a sweet kid, and Brennie felt terrible that no one had been able to help. It seemed especially difficult for Healer Thompson, who was not only the lead on her case, but the main trainer for the pediatric healers. Yarrow was questioning Vespera about the case, as well as her life in general, and Vespera seemed to be mostly concerned for the patient in mention. Apparently they were considering a surgical option.

Then Katya spoke up as well, agreeing that she wouldn't want to do surgery. It was then that she brought up the theory of a curse the child may be under. "Or, maybe if not a curse, a poison of some sort? There's about a billion ways for potions to go wrong. Plus six year olds are notoriously curious. What if a potion went wrong somehow, then Ciara tried it... and well... ended up here." Brennie hoped they weren't interrupting, but since it was relevant to the case... well... Brennie ran a hand through their hair, biting their lip as they grabbed a potions book from their locker. Carefully thumbing through pages, Brennie searched for anything that could back up their theory.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Graydon Ironshield

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:38 am

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

22 years || Changlong alumna || muggleborn
Healer-in-Training
Potions and Plant Poisonings, St. Mungo's Hospital

Yang nodded in understanding when Vespera mentioned last night had been the full moon. She didn’t keep track of the moon cycles as much as she ought to, but with Rion’s condition, that probably would really influence Vespera’s schedule. ”Sleep is generally good. We don’t want you sampling the wideeye potions now,” she commented, tone joking. Yang did squint over at another chinese book on acupuncture. She knew a few patterns for re-energizing...but hopefully Ves would get rest before they were necessary.

They turned to the case at hand. Vespera mentioned taking out the gall bladder to at least minimize the patient’s suffering. A knock on the door announced Katya joining them as well, who agreed surgery probably wasn’t the first option. Katya suggested spell effects, and soon Brendan --err, Healer Findlay-Abrams-- joined them as well. Their ideas earned a nod from Yarrow:

“No spell effects as far as the usual diagnostics can tell us,” Yarrow said, pointing out the open patient file. ”Not that it would detect persistent curses. I thought poison as well, but she’s got none of the common suspects. She was just with family when her siblings noticed the rashes.”

The file had more information: Muggleborn family, no known allergies. The father was a wizard but he said he only gave her wiggenweld. Admitted to Pediatrics two days ago complaining of a rash and headaches, but rashes persisted in response to the standard rash-cure poultice. She was given a drop of valerian extract for the headache, but that also only seemed to make it worse. She started mentioning stomach pain on and off and Healer Thompson discovered gallstones shortly after. She was given an antidote to common poisons, but had no apparent effects.

“When I last checked in she was sleeping. Not soundly, but I recommended against giving her sleeping droughts, at least until the antidote has a chance to clear through her system. All that to say, Michaels put me to figuring out alternative treatments in case potions continue to not work. If we can figure out a diagnosis as well, that’d be great. If we’re suspecting poison, we can test the potion batches she was given--valerian extract, antidote-- and rule those out or treat accordingly. Otherwise...theoretically the antidote would have taken care of any common poisons, right?”

Yang shook her head when Vespera asked if her texts gave her any ideas. ”I’ve recommended a few more herbal remedies for the rash. There’s cupping techniques we can do as well, but unless it's a blood stagnation issue that'll only treat the symptoms. Other stuff is mostly ruled out.” she said, glaring at the board of crossed-out ideas. She held up the text she had been skimming most recently, even though the chinese probably wouldn’t help anyone. ”Her rashes are apparently consistent with a blood curse that mimics vampiric sensitivity to light. The last known case of this was in the 3rd century though.”

setting Office space of St. Mungo's, Summer 2053 || with Open to interactions!
appearance 5'8" fit and sturdy. || wearing panda scrubs
status We need to figure this out.

//OOC: Ayyy I’m so excited so many people responded here! I know roughly what I’m basing this off of but am also winging it as we go XD Feel free to add in case details, offer a plan of action, lolol.

Valerian root is often used in calming and anti-anxiety healing potions so I just made up tiny doses of valerian extract as an appropriate, common cure to headaches in the wizarding world. Please, PLEASE correct me if there is a better/ more canon use!

Graydon Ironshield
Katya Patrovna

Cinnabun Gryffie
Brendan Findlay-Abrams
Lyall Thompson

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Vespera Salazar

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room