Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm
When a Pokemon let itself out of one of those balls, Yuri stared at it long and hard.

"The hell is that?"

Nope, he's never seen a Pokemon like this either. It looked like a huge, walking chunk of metal. Was it even alive? Or was it some kind of robot? Yuri wasn't really sure. But he knew that it was big and clunky looking. Obviously it had a name as Izumi had called it Glados but... yeah.

Repede looked nonplussed as he just say there and stared at the Metagross as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 pm
"Um--" Izumi smiled a bit at her pokemon before looking at Yuri, "She's a Metagross."

Glados clicked and whirred, ignoring the two human's chatter, and looked up into the distance at the tree where the defiant Altaria was perched. The pokemon was so unconcerned with everything that it had hunkered down for a nap in the branches.

"H-haven't you ever seen one before?"  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:48 pm
"Nope," Yuri said rather matter-of-factly. "We don't have Pokemon like that back in Grande Isle."

It was kinda ugly really. Other than being big and metallic, he didn't see anything particularly impressive about the Pokemon, but then different strokes for different folks.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:55 pm
"T-they're steel types." She gave Glados a small pat on one of her gigantic legs, "I-I'm fond of steel types..."

"Glados, d-do you have an idea?" Izumi said, turning her attention briefly to her pokemon. The Metagross hummed and began sparking, a light glow starting to surround it as it slowly rose a few inches off of the ground. It had activated its magnet rise move; apparently Glados did indeed have a plan.  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:18 pm
"Steel type, huh? You mean like metal? Pokemon come in metal?"

Nope he's never heard of steel types either. In fact, this could be his first encounter with a steel type too.

When Glados started rising off the ground, his eyes widened a little.

"Whoa, it's floating!" How the heck could a big hunk of metal actually... fly? He is now thoroughly weirded.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm
"Y-yeah." Izumi smiled at Yuri. "They also come in ghost." Izumi, of course, didn't know every type of pokemon. There were fire--which were bad, water, electric, steel, flying, regular and ghosts. The only reason she really knew about ghost types was because a few of her friends had them. In fact, for a while, a big ghost type with glowing tattoos had been living with her.

"O-oh-- yeah. Um. I-its... um..." Izumi paused to think what moves that her pokemon knew. "Magnet lift?"

Close enough. Glados floated in a lumbering manner towards the tree, slowly gaining height as she went. Yes, it could float, but not very gracefully it seemed.  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 pm
Yeah Yuri was more familiar with the basics. He knew about fire Pokemon, obviously. He'd seen normal ones, and water ones, and ones that fly, and a few plant and bug ones. Not so much the ground or electric ones, but he knew they existed. That's about it. And apparently ghost, according to Izumi. "Huh."

With his hand still on his hip, Yuri's eyes followed the Metagross as he watched it go slowly higher. It didn't seem particularly graceful, and he had to wonder if it'd even make it, and what it would do when it got there. Welp.

"Well... this should be interesting."

Repede again barked his agreement.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:39 pm
"Mhm." Izumi agreed.

Glados finally reached the sleeping Altaria and gave it a once over with its glowing yellow eyes. It then raised up slightly above the giant bird and then suddenly stopped glowing and fell atop of it. Gondolin had no idea what had hit him. One second he was high up in his tree, and the next he was pinned to the ground under a great metal spider. Glados had avoided crushing the surprised creature by landing on her huge metal legs.

"O-oh! Oh my!" Izumi trudged quickly through the snow, closer to where her pokemon were, grabbing a ball from her pocket, getting ready to recall the dragon-bird. She was surprised when the pokemon started flailing in an attempt to escape, and breathing fire. "Eep!" Izumi recoiled and froze, though she was nowhere near the flames.  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 pm
Yuri watched with a stunned expression as the Metagross went for a free fall tactic. Both it an the bird falling to the ground, the earth shaking a little beneath his feet from the impact.

"That's one way to do it," he remarked, just as Izumi started to run towards the Pokemon. "Hey!" Somehow that didn't seem like a particularly smart idea, which was reinforced when the bird started flailing and shooting fire. Yuri came running up as well and promptly snatched the ball from the frozen Izumi. He looked at the orb for a moment then at the Pokemon.

People throw these things right? ... He chucked it at the bird.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm
Usually throwing a ball only worked on catching wild pokemon, but by a stroke of luck, the pokeball hit the Altaria button first and the frenzied pokemon was sucked back inside in a flash of red light.

Glados looked over at Yuri and stared for a moment. "Meta..." She said, which was maybe some form of approval?

Izumi, still shaking both from falling in the snow and from her sudden bout of fear, stared dumbfounded at Glados and the empty space beneath her.

"Y-you... y-you did it!" She turned with a smile towards Yuri. "T-thank you!"  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 pm
Yuri blinked a few times as the Altaria disappeared just like that. He hadn't actually expected it to work but well... it did. Imagine that! This training thing didn't seem so hard.

When Izumi found her voice enough to thank him, Yuri looked over at her with a smile. As if he'd totally meant for it to end up like that.

"Sure, no problem. I wouldn't let it outside for a while though." Otherwise she just might have a repeat of this incident all over again.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:00 pm
"Y-yeah... I-I think I'm going to need help with him..." Izumi walked over and picked up her pokeball next to the Metagross. She hugged the big metal thing's giant leg happily.

"Um, Y-yuri. I-I have a shop, um, downtown. I-if you ever have anything that you need fixed, you can bring it by, and I can fix it... um... for you... To, um, to thank you."  

Sao Kasai

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 pm
"Sure, I'll do that."

He couldn't think of anything he really needed fixed at the moment, but who knows! It was definitely an offer that could come in handy. Being as poor as he is, he was also a practical man. Thus getting something fixed instead is better than having to buy a new one.

"You should probably get inside, you're looking pretty cold."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:28 pm
"Y-yeah. I'll, um, h-head home now." Izumi pulled down her cap more securely on her head. "T-thanks again. B-bye" She waved at her new friend, returned Glados to her ball, and started shuffling her way through the snow.  

Sao Kasai

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces