Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
:> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  woop
View Results

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 am
Citrus Novii
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
emo I really wish I liked tea...

emotion_jawdrop

You cray cray guuurrrrl.
Or just a Massachusetts.
My boyfriend lives in Mass, and he told me once that you guys have like...coffee wired into your bloodstreams. lol

It's why you all talk so fast. emotion_donotwant

<3 Mass, such a pretty state.

/spazzes

I hate coffee, but I do see a lot of people drinking it.

We talk fast? o.o

...and yeah, some parts are pretty... my town isn't so nice. I can't wait to leave this place. I want to live in Connecticut if I can.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am
Citrus Novii

See I knew about the seizure thing from some research I did about it, but I didn't know that was it's whole purpose originally.
Maybe I'm a ceiliac and just didn't realize it lol or maybe it is all it's cracked up to be, I unno.

I did NOT know that about you. o:
Is it hard living with that? Well okay, stupid question.
Like, eh you usually figure out what I'm trying to ask. xP Hopes to that it comes through again.

Chhhh, and coffee is just roasted beans when you put it that way. talk2hand
Tea can be redone in just as many ways as coffee for a wide range of flavors and experiences, and there are so many different KINDS from Rooibus to chocolate chai, to White, to Jasmine, to chamomile, to Peppermint emotion_kirakira

I've never met a tea leaf I didn't like.

XD yeah. Although Ive researched into a lot of things. Ive had personal reasons to do a fair bit of research into epilepsy.

If you are a celiac you would really know it XD. When I lived/worked in CA one of the other staff who lived on site was celiacs. We often worked to do food that was celiac friendly.

You didnt? Hmm, I guess I dont always talk about it. But have several times and am open about it, so I generally assume most of my friends know *shrugs*

I am very lucky with how well I can control it. I had lots of massive febrile convulsions as a child....all that oxygen deprivation...must be why I ended up such a nerd XD. But it went away, and the docs said it will either stay away or probally resurface in my teens....and one day in my teens during a PE testing lab where we had gone to the local uni, I had my first sezuire (that wasnt febrile) in front of my small PE class. Was so weird, basically it was a "I feel dizy...wtf am I doing looking up at these people around me, being braced by the teacher" moment. So weird when your timeline just stops like that...connecting the dots the first time is very confusing (expecially after your brain fried itself a bit XD). Everyone was really cool about it, the thing that sucked the most for me is I face planted into lino-covered concrete. Put my teeth straight through the skin just below my lower lip...still have the scar from it. It wasnt bad as first since it was so numb...but man did it suck when the numbness went away XD.

Anyway Ive been lucky that even though I have full body seizures they have always been really short. And that I learned pretty quickly what my triggers are, and when I feel "Aura" I can brace myself and focus really hard at redirecting the electrical trigger and prevent the seizures from happening. I havent had a full blown sezuire in many years, though I still get aura quite often. There was a time about 9? months ago where my body almost went into a full blown sezuire, that I was able to pull out of (where my muscles did convulse and I did fall, but I also stayed concious and after a few seconds pulled out of it), staying concious through that is a really wierd feeling. I didnt tell anyone (although my mum did see it) because if you have a sezuire you are not allowed to drive for a year (not that they can police that really)...though none of my triggers would happen when driving.

Anyway I dont want to bore you with stuff, so unless you are really interested and have questions (I am fully open to talk about it, and happy to since I find conditions of the body quite facinating myself, but I know others arent so facinated) feel free to ask.

Hmm, have you ever had a coffee? I do not know of any coffee where the beans are ground to at least some sense, in fact if you see any parts of a bean in the coffee usually thats a bad sign (Unless its voltage where grits of bean are a good thing).

Also I know, when I studied natropathy at highschool, each class we sampled a different type of tea and looked at associated benifits of that kind. Still Im not much of a tea drinker (though certain cold teas are awesome...but not iced tea in the american style thats gross, but cold teas in the japanese style...fantastic)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 am
this thread just gave me wood

en trunk.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am
I could use some tea right now. Sore throat...  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Citrus Novii
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
emo I really wish I liked tea...

emotion_jawdrop

You cray cray guuurrrrl.
Or just a Massachusetts.
My boyfriend lives in Mass, and he told me once that you guys have like...coffee wired into your bloodstreams. lol

It's why you all talk so fast. emotion_donotwant

<3 Mass, such a pretty state.

/spazzes

I hate coffee, but I do see a lot of people drinking it.

We talk fast? o.o

...and yeah, some parts are pretty... my town isn't so nice. I can't wait to leave this place. I want to live in Connecticut if I can.

Well, as long as your a well rounded common hot beverage hater. 3nodding
Why don't you like 'em? Is it the caffeine or the bitterness?

I've only ever been to Greenfield, Northfield in that area. emotion_kirakira

Isn't Conn. all cities and stuff?
Don't you live in Boston or summat?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 am
Sagebomb
this thread just gave me wood

en trunk.

emotion_dealwithit  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am
Citrus Novii

Well, as long as your a well rounded common hot beverage hater. 3nodding
Why don't you like 'em? Is it the caffeine or the bitterness?

I've only ever been to Greenfield, Northfield in that area. emotion_kirakira

Isn't Conn. all cities and stuff?
Don't you live in Boston or summat?

I don't know? I think maybe tea as been too bitter. I can't remember why I hate coffee. Maybe the same thing.

I don't know? I've been to a cute town in Connecticut before. I just know they have big beautiful houses. And the beach is never too far away.

I live in Brockton, Mass. it's a ghetto town. I hate it here. Towns outside the my area talk s**t about this town. Some people are even afraid to step foot in my town... Honestly I think people get carried away a bit. Its a s**t town but its really not that bad.
I go into Boston for school though. I really don't like it there much either. I'm not much of a city person ...although Boston is a great shopping area. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 am
Sagebomb

I still can't figure it out.
Most celiacs eat bread their whole lives and suddenly they just find out?
Like, what HAPPENS that makes them suddenly turn gluten-intolerant?

THROUGH your lip.
Iggggggggggh, Q_Q Just imagining that makes my teeth hurt...

It's kind of interesting that you can control it though. o:
Is that something that people can just learn to do, or is it one of those anomolies among thousands?

BECAUSE, that's super willpower.

I'm weird like that, I love interesting stuff like that. I'm the only one in my family who is lol, like at the hospital I was the one watching my grandmother have skin glued back onto her legs while my uncle went pale and ran off lol. XD
I'm sure one day I'll slap an out of nowhere question on you lol.

Lol, I was kidding Sage, I know how coffee works. ;3

Sagebomb
american style thats gross

emotion_donotwant YOU'RE GROSS.
Not really.
I hate sweet tea though when it's overly sweet. There should just be enough sugar to bring out the tea-ness. <3

That's so cool about the studies though! 3nodding
I'd totally do something like that.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
I could use some tea right now. Sore throat...

o: Go forth and conquer?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 pm
Citrus Novii

I don't think we actually HAVE any tea, is the problem.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Citrus Novii

I don't think we actually HAVE any tea, is the problem.

They took it from you, didn't they?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm
Citrus Novii

THROUGH your lip.

Is that something that people can just learn to do, or is it one of those anomolies among thousands?

I'm weird like that, I love interesting stuff like that. I'm the only one in my family who is lol, like at the hospital I was the one watching my grandmother have skin glued back onto her legs while my uncle went pale and ran off lol. XD

Not really.
I hate sweet tea though when it's overly sweet. There should just be enough sugar to bring out the tea-ness. <3

yeah thats still being looked into. There are people who have developed celiacs well into thier 60s.

yep, just under

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

not the best picture, since I kinda need to bite my lip to show it, snce naturally its kinda hidden under my lip and although faint remember it is a scar from ~10 years ago.

Some people can use thier aura to make sure they are in a safe place when it happens...but it will happen. Others may be like me. Though for my my aura means I have up to 5 seconds to pull out of it....because mine onsets fast, but I can focus hard and brace in that time.

"Auras vary significantly between different people. Yours may happen right before a seizure or several minutes to hours earlier. Common warning signs right before seizures are changes in bodily sensations, changes in your ability to interact with things happening outside you, and changes in how familiar the outside world seems to you"

For me my aura is like a tornado in my skull, with the wind circling really fast around my brain but within my skull. For me the moment this becomes a actually sezuire is if that tornado gets lift off. Aka is spins, faster and faster and faster and then flys up into space...though the sensation of lift off...is just my body falling from the sezuire.

Yeah medical stuff is awesome. been watching "Monsters inside me" recently, which has been fun.

Yeah, my highschool was very alternative. Most high schools I know of do not offer such courses, and this course was actually a night school course.

Though I dont see it offered this year. But usually night school depends on whos around to offer what.

the culinary boot camp sounds interesting though

http://www.hagley.school.nz/programmes/after-three-til-late-evening-programmes/food-and-hospitality/hospitality-full-time/  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

THROUGH your lip.

Not really.

yeah thats still being looked into. There are people who have developed celiacs well into thier 60s.

yep, just under

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

not the best picture, since I kinda need to bite my lip to show it, snce naturally its kinda hidden under my lip and although faint remember it is a scar from ~10 years ago.

Some people can use thier aura to make sure they are in a safe place when it happens...but it will happen. Others may be like me. Though for my my aura means I have up to 5 seconds to pull out of it....because mine onsets fast, but I can focus hard and brace in that time.

"Auras vary significantly between different people. Yours may happen right before a seizure or several minutes to hours earlier. Common warning signs right before seizures are changes in bodily sensations, changes in your ability to interact with things happening outside you, and changes in how familiar the outside world seems to you"

For me my aura is like a tornado in my skull, with the wind circling really fast around my brain but within my skull. For me the moment this becomes a actually sezuire is if that tornado gets lift off. Aka is spins, faster and faster and faster and then flys up into space...though the sensation of lift off...is just my body falling from the sezuire.

Yeah medical stuff is awesome. been watching "Monsters inside me" recently, which has been fun.

Yeah, my highschool was very alternative. Most high schools I know of do not offer such courses, and this course was actually a night school course.

Though I dont see it offered this year. But usually night school depends on whos around to offer what.

the culinary boot camp sounds interesting though

http://www.hagley.school.nz/programmes/after-three-til-late-evening-programmes/food-and-hospitality/hospitality-full-time/

Goddess that is like, ULTRA SUCK.
When I was a kid and a brace-face I stabbed my cheek with my wire when it came loose, but man, gonk
I would probably start crying straight up.

So like, how would you physically even prepare for something like that if it's going to happen?
I'd have no idea how to even handle something like that if it happened in front of me. NOW. THIS MIGHT SOUND STUPID WHEN YOU READ IT TO YOURSELF, but I'm being serious.

Would someone like, have to strap themselves down or something like that?
ALSO, what WOULD another person have to do in a situation like that anyhow? I hear like, 10000000000 different things. Flip on the side, stick something in their mouth, don't stick something in their mouth, hold them down, don't hold them down. Flail like you're having a seizure yourself because you're scared or just wait for it to pass.

Monsters inside me?
Wassat about?
It's like 1am. Too late/early for me to be inferring from titles lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm
Citrus Novii

When I was a kid and a brace-face I stabbed my cheek with my wire when it came loose, but man, gonk

So like, how would you physically even prepare for something like that if it's going to happen?
I'd have no idea how to even handle something like that if it happened in front of me. NOW. THIS MIGHT SOUND STUPID WHEN YOU READ IT TO YOURSELF, but I'm being serious.

ALSO, what WOULD another person have to do in a situation like that anyhow? I hear like, 10000000000 different things. Flip on the side, stick something in their mouth, don't stick something in their mouth, hold them down, don't hold them down. Flail like you're having a seizure yourself because you're scared or just wait for it to pass.

Monsters inside me?
Wassat about?

It is what it is, nothing I really stress about.

Well the vast majority of injury from sezuires is not caused by the seizure, but caused by the fall (just think about all the thing you do in a typical day where if you had a sezuire right then, how much the fall could hurt you, stairs for example can do a lot of damage if you have a sezuire on them).

Its pretty simple really. Step one, remove anything by them that they could hurt themselves on, if you cant removed anything thats in thier way, then protect thier head if need be. If they are on the ground and nothing around them can hurt them...just let them have thier sezuire. If it lasts more than a couple minutes call a ambulance. When they come out of it they will usually be pretty tired (imagine sprinting at full speed with all the muscles in your body it takes a lot out of you), and may be confused so just support them as you would anyone who seems a bit out of it.

But in short...makes sure they cant hurt themselves on anything and leave em too it. and its about as simple as that really.

sticking something in someones mouth when they have a seizure is not only useless, its very dangerous. It would kinda be like telling someone whos just got a back injury to "jog it out".

"Flail like you're having a seizure yourself" Is a okay option, if there is nothing for the person to hurt themselves on...then often the sezuire is much worse for observers than the person themselves. (It can be pretty scary to observe if you havent seen one before).

"Each episode has dramatizations that show illnesses caused by parasitic infection. Once the parasites have been identified, their life cycles are illustrated. Justin Peed is the narrator, and biologist Dan Riskin, PhD, explains how and why each parasite finds its host"

It has good images/vids showing what the parasites and infections looks like, and surgarys and removals and what not.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Monsters inside me?
Wassat about?

It is what it is, nothing I really stress about.

Well the vast majority of injury from sezuires is not caused by the seizure, but caused by the fall (just think about all the thing you do in a typical day where if you had a sezuire right then, how much the fall could hurt you, stairs for example can do a lot of damage if you have a sezuire on them).

Its pretty simple really. Step one, remove anything by them that they could hurt themselves on, if you cant removed anything thats in thier way, then protect thier head if need be. If they are on the ground and nothing around them can hurt them...just let them have thier sezuire. If it lasts more than a couple minutes call a ambulance. When they come out of it they will usually be pretty tired (imagine sprinting at full speed with all the muscles in your body it takes a lot out of you), and may be confused so just support them as you would anyone who seems a bit out of it.

But in short...makes sure they cant hurt themselves on anything and leave em too it. and its about as simple as that really.

sticking something in someones mouth when they have a seizure is not only useless, its very dangerous. It would kinda be like telling someone whos just got a back injury to "jog it out".

"Flail like you're having a seizure yourself" Is a okay option, if there is nothing for the person to hurt themselves on...then often the sezuire is much worse for observers than the person themselves. (It can be pretty scary to observe if you havent seen one before).

"Each episode has dramatizations that show illnesses caused by parasitic infection. Once the parasites have been identified, their life cycles are illustrated. Justin Peed is the narrator, and biologist Dan Riskin, PhD, explains how and why each parasite finds its host"

It has good images/vids showing what the parasites and infections looks like, and surgarys and removals and what not.

See this is the kind of stuff no one ever tells anyone. You never know.
Like, my boyfriend had a co-worker who seized in the middle of the McDonald's kitchen where he works, and like NO ONE knew what to do. She ended out okay, but still.

I did have a friend for a while who was Narcoleptic, she'd just kind of fall over and I got guard duty for the first three periods of the day while she bounced between doctors (small town, no one gives a s**t in the setting I was in) because we had the same classes. I wouldn't call that 'experience' but I can stop a bad fall at least lol. Nor would I call what she went through extreme seizures but she did clench up and twitch a bit.

BUT on the mouth thing, isn't there the danger of them biting their tongues off? Or is that a misconception or something that happens so rarely it's not worth mentioning?
OR, (I've always wondered this) does the jaw clench with the muscles so it's not like a constant tooth shattering snapping.

I might have to check that out if I can find it online. o:

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces