Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I had this dream... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weird
  I KNOW
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 am
Sagebomb

I like them well enough, just not in my house.
Outside, that's one thing. It's expected, like when I go for walks in the wilderness out there it's good to be vigilant for snakes in the summer. Especially since the rattlesnakes don't ALWAYS rattle their tails. DESPITE what people think. I saw one once in my life out there, and I was very young and my uncle was with me and was all, "NOPE." haha~

Of course, we have to be careful of other crap like mountain lions here too. Their territories get pushed around by the weather, we had a couple here in Horseshoe Bay not long ago, it was tearing through deer there were carcasses all over a gold course one morning @___@

Of course, bucks will attack you too.
So will the turkeys.
I've experienced the bucks, but not the turkey. That was a story my uncle told me. Apparently they're mean SOBs rofl

I have really high ceilings so I can't really see any right now, but when I dust and sweep I come across some bodies sometimes. They must get some kind of meals because I see way more live ones than I do dead ones. But it's not spring yet either lol. XD

They just mind their own business.
Wasps are my challenge though. I hate killing them, so it's like...a game of "Get under the glass. Nooooo stinging is bad. Okay now OUTSIDE."

I can't hurt anything. gonk
I feel incredible guilt over the loss of life, even if it's instinct bred. lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:58 am
Citrus Novii

I can't really remember it anymore.
But, I'm pretty sure it was over debt.

I do remember when they took the head out of the microwave she like rehydrated and regrew her body and then pointed at the murderer and screamed "HEDONEIT"
We did catch the scorpion though. >:3

I don't know why but dead mice always make me feel so sad.
I think they're so cute~

YEAH I guess you guys don't really have scorpions up there.
This is weird to me. o 3o
It was probably not the best place for the mouse to die. They are cute. Scorpions wouldn't survive here. They'd be sad ;-;  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:02 am
Citrus Novii

Outside, that's one thing. It's expected, like when I go for walks in the wilderness out there it's good to be vigilant for snakes in the summer. Especially since the rattlesnakes don't ALWAYS rattle their tails. DESPITE what people think. I saw one once in my life out there, and I was very young and my uncle was with me and was all, "NOPE." haha~

Of course, we have to be careful of other crap like mountain lions here too. Their territories get pushed around by the weather, we had a couple here in Horseshoe Bay not long ago, it was tearing through deer there were carcasses all over a gold course one morning @___@

So will the turkeys.
I've experienced the bucks, but not the turkey. That was a story my uncle told me. Apparently they're mean SOBs rofl

I have really high ceilings so I can't really see any right now, but when I dust and sweep I come across some bodies sometimes. They must get some kind of meals because I see way more live ones than I do dead ones. But it's not spring yet either lol. XD

Wasps are my challenge though. I hate killing them, so it's like...a game of "Get under the glass. Nooooo stinging is bad. Okay now OUTSIDE."

Of course they dont, they only do it when they feel threatened or the possibility that a threat may arise. But still by knowing the basics of thier biology you will know where they are likly to be. As in if they are inactive they will most likly be hidden in something, or sunning in a bright area.

XD in CA sometimes I would see 4 or 5 in a day.

When was the last time you heard of a conflict between a mountain lion and a human in the wild? As far as I am aware they will do everything to avoid even being seen by humans (even if they will demolish thier stock).

We had a couple in the area I worked in CA, though we never saw them, we only saw the proof of them (and even that was seldom) we taugh animal tracking, and tracking wise they are like massive bobcats. Like when paws and scat gets to a certain size you know there is no way its any other cat species.

Indeed, ignoring the far far north of Canada, the most dangerous animal in Canada is....The Moose. Which is very volatile, very unpredictable, and very strong. Bears have nothing on a moose. Often it is the things that seem less scary which are the most scary.

yeah for me, native wasps are good, but the wasps we get around here arent native, and as such, deserve not to be here. Im very nativist when it comes to animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 am
Sage, why do you WANT poisonous things to be around you? o_O

Novii, hopefully this won't also make you sad (since...it's actually kinda funny, I think, because of the little girl), but have you seen this video consisting of a little kid and a dead squirrel? Feel free to not click that if you'd prefer.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

So will the turkeys.

Of course they dont, they only do it when they feel threatened or the possibility that a threat may arise. But still by knowing the basics of thier biology you will know where they are likly to be. As in if they are inactive they will most likly be hidden in something, or sunning in a bright area.

XD in CA sometimes I would see 4 or 5 in a day.

When was the last time you heard of a conflict between a mountain lion and a human in the wild? As far as I am aware they will do everything to avoid even being seen by humans (even if they will demolish thier stock).

We had a couple in the area I worked in CA, though we never saw them, we only saw the proof of them (and even that was seldom) we taugh animal tracking, and tracking wise they are like massive bobcats. Like when paws and scat gets to a certain size you know there is no way its any other cat species.

Indeed, ignoring the far far north of Canada, the most dangerous animal in Canada is....The Moose. Which is very volatile, very unpredictable, and very strong. Bears have nothing on a moose. Often it is the things that seem less scary which are the most scary.

yeah for me, native wasps are good, but the wasps we get around here arent native, and as such, deserve not to be here. Im very nativist when it comes to animals.

Bleh, scary snakes.

Yeah I KNOW. It was just crazy, because you hear about them roaming all around like the ranches and stuff a little further north but when they end up coming around here it always throws everyone for a trip.

It's true though!
You see them and you're all, "How peaceful" but they're really very big.
I was surprised when I first saw a picture of one, XD

I have no idea what's native here and what's not. I only know that I hate them and their creepy little swinging legs. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Novii, hopefully this won't also make you sad (since...it's actually kinda funny, I think, because of the little girl), but have you seen this video consisting of a little kid and a dead squirrel? Feel free to not click that if you'd prefer.

Lolololol.
I responded my answer to this to the wrong post. XDDDDDDD;;;

That was REALLY CUTE and REALLY SAD. I'm not sure which way I'm swingin' on that.

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Because most poisoness things are still pretty harmless, but they are interesting. Give something extra to watch out for, to appreciate etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:53 pm
Citrus Novii

Bleh, scary snakes.

Yeah I KNOW. It was just crazy, because you hear about them roaming all around like the ranches and stuff a little further north but when they end up coming around here it always throws everyone for a trip.

It's true though!

I have no idea what's native here and what's not. I only know that I hate them and their creepy little swinging legs. gonk

Fair enough, Ive never been worried about snakes including poisonous ones. I was really happy to be able to see them sometimes daily ^_^

yeah they are massive, and grumpy expecially if they have a calf.

That last comment lead me on a 3 hour hunt to identify a wasp I took a picture of a few years ago in Milwaukee, to figure out if it was native or not. (since in can be hard to tell)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/sagetrillion/random photos by sage/IMG_0680.jpg

that guy. but after many many dead ends and circles I finally found him to be the "European paper wasp" which is not a native. But there are members of the "yellow jack (laymans)/Vespula" family which are native to the states  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Bleh, scary snakes.

It's true though!

Fair enough, Ive never been worried about snakes including poisonous ones. I was really happy to be able to see them sometimes daily ^_^

yeah they are massive, and grumpy expecially if they have a calf.

That last comment lead me on a 3 hour hunt to identify a wasp I took a picture of a few years ago in Milwaukee, to figure out if it was native or not. (since in can be hard to tell)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/sagetrillion/random photos by sage/IMG_0680.jpg

that guy. but after many many dead ends and circles I finally found him to be the "European paper wasp" which is not a native. But there are members of the "yellow jack (laymans)/Vespula" family which are native to the states

Lol, I'll stick with getting excited about the non lethal ones XDD

OHMSG.
It's HUGE. gonk

Yeeeah we have yellow jackets around here. I'd way rather have yellow jackets than red wasps though. Those little guys are MEAN. They're kinda big too. I wish I knew their actual name XD

I remember I saw some video once about a Japanese paper wasp?
that thing had to be at least the same size as a quarter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 am
Citrus Novii

OHMSG.
It's HUGE. gonk

Yeeeah we have yellow jackets around here. I'd way rather have yellow jackets than red wasps though. Those little guys are MEAN. They're kinda big too. I wish I knew their actual name XD

XD yeah fair enough. I have only had 2 snake bites so far. So Im not put off yet.

Yeah, they are like a full half inch. I tend to get close for my photos though. The lense were like a inch or so away from them. I have no problem standing right under/right next to bees and wasps nests/hives. Most of them are pretty chill as long as you dont mess with them and act scared (like fast sudden movements). Like I have no worrys walking between bee hives without protection. But that said I am calm and steady when I do so.

I guess you are talking about Polistes carolina in terms of the red wasp. Which is in TX, which as a native is generally non agressive. Though there seems to be many reports of them being agressive either suggesting a) sub species/speciation, b) false reports of agression often in the form of people saying they are agressive from 2nd hand info, and not real experience or c) people are messing with them.

Do you have first hand experience with thier agressiveness? And they wernt provoked?

The largest species of waps tends to be the tarantula hawk wasp, which grows up to about 2 inches. though some others like the Asian giant hornet are a pretty similar size. Though venom for venom Japan has some of the deadliest wasps in terms of venom strength. (though not nessicerily deadliest in terms of kills, since swarming insects with lesser poisons will deliver a lot more overall).  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:21 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

OHMSG.
It's HUGE. gonk

XD yeah fair enough. I have only had 2 snake bites so far. So Im not put off yet.

Yeah, they are like a full half inch. I tend to get close for my photos though. The lense were like a inch or so away from them. I have no problem standing right under/right next to bees and wasps nests/hives. Most of them are pretty chill as long as you dont mess with them and act scared (like fast sudden movements). Like I have no worrys walking between bee hives without protection. But that said I am calm and steady when I do so.

I guess you are talking about Polistes carolina in terms of the red wasp. Which is in TX, which as a native is generally non agressive. Though there seems to be many reports of them being agressive either suggesting a) sub species/speciation, b) false reports of agression often in the form of people saying they are agressive from 2nd hand info, and not real experience or c) people are messing with them.

Do you have first hand experience with thier agressiveness? And they wernt provoked?

The largest species of waps tends to be the tarantula hawk wasp, which grows up to about 2 inches. though some others like the Asian giant hornet are a pretty similar size. Though venom for venom Japan has some of the deadliest wasps in terms of venom strength. (though not nessicerily deadliest in terms of kills, since swarming insects with lesser poisons will deliver a lot more overall).

Iiiiigh.
Distance is good enough for me. Though lol, I get the calm thing. I'm pretty...shaky at best, but I always get mad at people who start screaming about bees and whatever. It's like, "You really think that's helping man?"

I honestly have no idea if I provoked them or not, it's usually when I'm outside walking around I've been stung by them like four times in my life. I know I didn't do anything to INTENTIONALLY provoke them. Just walkin' around with my dog or messing around in the woods and stuff.

Uuuugh, you give me names and I look them up. Now I'm all wibbly.
emotion_facepalm
Those hornets look BEAST though. Like, I'd just back right the hell off if I saw something like that flying around. XDD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am
Citrus Novii

Iiiiigh.
Distance is good enough for me. Though lol, I get the calm thing. I'm pretty...shaky at best, but I always get mad at people who start screaming about bees and whatever. It's like, "You really think that's helping man?"

I honestly have no idea if I provoked them or not, it's usually when I'm outside walking around I've been stung by them like four times in my life. I know I didn't do anything to INTENTIONALLY provoke them. Just walkin' around with my dog or messing around in the woods and stuff.

emotion_facepalm
Those hornets look BEAST though. Like, I'd just back right the hell off if I saw something like that flying around. XDD

Yeah if they dont interest you then its best you just give them space. For me bugs facinate me, and I want to get to know them better, and a macro shot will let me see things my eyes cant.

Yeah there are very few situations which are solved by wild flailing.

Hmm, dogs are really good at provoking insects. But often you can accidently stand on a wasp nest (a lot of wasps are ground wasps) or what not, and I think its fair that if someone stands on your home, that you would get annoyed about it.

I am a biol nerd, if you even slightly imply a question about animals, I will research it to make sure I understand it. Like I said the mention of wasps lead me to a 3 hour bout of researching wasp taxonomy to identify different species of similar looking wasps XD.

Yeah in general I repect the space of most animals, but if I know they are poisoness or agressive I will tend to give them more space.

But like a example is there are a couple dogs down the road which bark and rush at the gate when you walk past them. The first time this happened. I stopped, looked at them, and when the were standing with thier front paws on the gate I allowed them to sniff my arm. and one of them soft jawed me (bite without any pressure) though to me a soft jaw bite is a friendly jesture, so now I always give them a pat when they rush the fence, and still let them soft jaw me. Though to many a dog bite is a dog bite regardless of what it means. And to some it would like like the dog is really biting me...though some times soft jawing still leaves marks or minor cuts *shrugs*

Im totally fine with animal bites in general as long as they dont do too much damage XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 am
Sagebomb
Because most poisoness things are still pretty harmless, but they are interesting. Give something extra to watch out for, to appreciate etc.

I guess the finding something extra to watch out for is the part I'm having trouble getting a hold of since I feel more inconvenienced by them than appreciative of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 am
GoldDiggingWhore
Sagebomb

I guess the finding something extra to watch out for is the part I'm having trouble getting a hold of since I feel more inconvenienced by them than appreciative of them.

Yeah I feel you dont appreciate biology in the same way as I do though XD...well, I know it.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Iiiiigh.

emotion_facepalm

Yeah if they dont interest you then its best you just give them space. For me bugs facinate me, and I want to get to know them better, and a macro shot will let me see things my eyes cant.

Yeah there are very few situations which are solved by wild flailing.

Hmm, dogs are really good at provoking insects. But often you can accidently stand on a wasp nest (a lot of wasps are ground wasps) or what not, and I think its fair that if someone stands on your home, that you would get annoyed about it.

I am a biol nerd, if you even slightly imply a question about animals, I will research it to make sure I understand it. Like I said the mention of wasps lead me to a 3 hour bout of researching wasp taxonomy to identify different species of similar looking wasps XD.

Yeah in general I repect the space of most animals, but if I know they are poisoness or agressive I will tend to give them more space.

But like a example is there are a couple dogs down the road which bark and rush at the gate when you walk past them. The first time this happened. I stopped, looked at them, and when the were standing with thier front paws on the gate I allowed them to sniff my arm. and one of them soft jawed me (bite without any pressure) though to me a soft jaw bite is a friendly jesture, so now I always give them a pat when they rush the fence, and still let them soft jaw me. Though to many a dog bite is a dog bite regardless of what it means. And to some it would like like the dog is really biting me...though some times soft jawing still leaves marks or minor cuts *shrugs*

Im totally fine with animal bites in general as long as they dont do too much damage XD

Truth, I don't want to give anything much reason to attack me.
Unless it's verbal, then it could be kind of fun. XD

Yeah well, that just made walking in the brush a little more terrifying. XD
Justified on the animal's part, but still terrifying non the less.

I would only call myself bio-curious, animals don't really get me, but human diseases and anomalies in humanity get me all kinds of worked up. I can spend hours reading stuff about like, people born with extra heads, no brains, or have like 8 colons or something like that.

Insects and animals I look up only when I have too, I don't know, it just isn't as interesting to me. :/

I love doggies. emotion_kirakira
My dog does that to people, it's why I have to keep her on a leash absolutely ALL of the time whenever we go somewhere. You know? She did it to the inspector from the government who was assessing my situation with my grandmother last week. emotion_facepalm I was mortified.
She handled it well though. Just kind of laughed and then my dog started licking her. c:  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff