Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm
Yuri took another swig of his beer. "Heh, depends on your definition of trained. He's pretty smart, but we don't do really do the whole League thing."

So if he was talking about the whole battling bit, yeah no. That just wasn't really Yuri's style at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm
"Yeah, me neither," he replied, taking a swig of the water. "We've run into plenty of those idiots. They always want to battle. Until they actually see Midas."

Again, he glanced to the ball attached to his hip, as if to make sure it was still there. Multiple times had he run into situations where people had tried to take his partner from him, if only because of his fur. After all, it wasn't every day that a golden arcanine as big as Midas was seen strolling along next to a wanderer like himself.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 pm
Yuri raised his brows a little bit at that. Apparently this guy didn't like trainers. Yuri personally didn't have anything against them, but well, he was sure this guy had reasons.

"Yeah? What's so special about him?"

Color him curious. He put the mug of beer aside for the moment to actually listen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:21 pm
"I mean, he's big. And fierce. And...golden. Shiny, I guess," he shrugged, picking the water up again. "Weird to think that I just happened to find him."

Absently, the man ran a hand up his arm to his neck as he recalled the day they had met; it hadn't been pretty, and though he wouldn't give Midas' company up for anything, the scars still haunted him.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm
Zane just got a blank stare from Yuri. The man blinking a few times as he tried to figure out what he meant.

"Shiny?" Surely he had misheard him. "What, does he sparkle or something?"

Yeah, Yuri had no idea what a shiny actually was. He's just that ignorant about the ways of training.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 pm
"Nah, he's just naturally golden," he said, sitting back in his chair again. "A few of the others I've met just used the term. Guess he does shine though, physically."

Again, Zane rubbed his neck, this time out of discomfort; the thick shirt he wore rubbed his scarred skin the wrong way.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm
"Huh." Weird. He didn't really get what was so great about a golden Arcanine. After all, he had a blue one. Unless it was, you know, actually made of gold. But he kinda doubted that.

Anyway.

"So I guess you're new around here?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm
Zane only nodded in response to their talk about Midas, looking up for the waitress again; he was starving, and a burger couldn't have been more welcome.

When asked if he was a newcomer, Zane looked cocked his head, glancing once to his wrist then back to Yuri. "Yeah, just wandering through, I guess. You from around here?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 am
"Naw, I've only been here since last summer. I'm from Grande Ile."

And it was then that the waitress came with their food, setting the plates down before each of them.

"There you go, boys, enjoy!"

Yuri gave the lady an appreciative smile before putting some of the fries in his mouth.

"Kodo's not too bad actually."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm
Zane's brows furrowed at the mention of Grande Ile. Where was that exactly...?

When the waitress brought them their food, he smiled and nodded to her, thanking her politely. Finally... Something to eat after a full day of traveling. He watched Yuri a moment before eating a fry himself and shrugged.

"Hasn't killed me yet, I guess."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 pm
Yeaaah... it's one of those small out of the way places. A lot of people haven't heard of it, he's come to find out. And yet oddly enough, he's run into a handful of people from there.

"Yeah, but you haven't tried the beer." Yuri said with a smirk before taking a bite out of his chicken. No seriously, that stuff is potent. It took him a while to get use to it. An acquired taste really.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm
Zane actually laughed at Yuri's statement.
"Yeah, trying to avoid it," he grinned, sitting back in his chair again as he ate from the platter. "It's not really fun getting tipped when you've got nowhere to crash, really."

It was true. So far, Zane hadn't even thought about where he would be staying the night. It was too cold to sleep outside, even with Midas to keep him warm.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 pm
"Fair enough." Yuri couldn't really blame him there. Although that hadn't really stopped Yuri when he first arrived in Kodo. He'd gotten drunk on the stuff the first day.

"If you're looking for place to crash, there's an inn just down the road."

At least that could work temporarily until Zane found something a bit more permanent.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm
"Cool," he said, biting down into his burger. "Thanks."

Well, at least there was that.

"So, what's with the sword?" he asked, still curious about the weapon. "Repede's a pokemon, right? Why carry something like that?"

As he asked, a man's voice rose up from behind him at the bar; apparently, someone had had a bit too much and was now disagreeing with the tavern keeper. Not that Zane could blame them for disagreeing with that man.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm
Yuri gave a shrug of his shoulders. "Yeah, but I don't really like the idea of a Pokémon doing all the fighting for me. I'm a hands on kinda guy." That was a good enough explanation for now as the raven haired man noticed the commotion going on nearby.

With a slight frown, Yuri tilted his gaze in the direction of the disagreement. Man, the last thing the old man needed was something like this. He was a honest, hard working guy, but owning a tavern kinda came with stuff like this.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff