Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 pm
"No problem," Yuri replied with his usual smile.

And it wasn't much longer until the waitress returned with a warm mug of hot chocolate with a swirled dollop of whipped cream on top. Flakes of chocolate and almond slivers also sprinkled on the drink that looked more like a dessert. But then, Yuri had a thing for desserts, so he had actually tried this before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 pm
When the drink was handed over to her, Dove hesitated a moment, then actually smiled, though the expression was small.

"Huh... I didn't know they'd make things like this...." she said softly to her companion, turning it a bit on the table. "I guess I should actually read the menu at some point, huh?"

Looking to the waitress before she left, the young model ordered a bowl of stew, nodding in thanks as the other girl trotted off to prepare it for her.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm
"Yeah, you'd be surprised what they can come up with," Yuri said with a renewed smile. All girls liked chocolate, Yuri knew that much. So he had little doubt that Dove would like this as well.

With that, Yuri kicked back in his sit and decided to just chill for the time being while Dove enjoyed her drink.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm
With another small smile, she sat aside her tea and nipped at the whipped cream. "Lovey loves this kind of thing..." she said absently.

Stirring it a bit with the spoon that had come inside it, Dove sipped at it, blinking at it's taste. "Mmmm. It's bitter. Dark chocolate?"

She loved dark chocolate, much more than milk, and the bitter taste was much better than she could have imagined. For a freezing, horrible day, this would definitely be a pick me up.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 am
Yuri was quiet as he stared at the fire once more, allowing his thoughts to drift a bit. Dove's words reached his ears, but they didn't entirely register. Although the mention of Lovey caused him to think of Repede. His gaze drifted towards the front door, knowing Repede was out there in that storm. The Growlithe could take care of himself though, so he wasn't too worried. Still, hopefully it would calm down soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm
As Yuri looked over his shoulder, Dove did the same, her brows furrowing a little. "Is Repede out there?" she asked, voice still small but laced with concern. "I hope he's okay...he is at fire type, I guess..."

She tuned back to the fire, absently running her hand over Lovey's pokeball. "I wish they'd let them inside..." she sighed, referring to the Pokemon. "I hate locking Lovey up, but I couldn't just leave her out there...Shes not quite as tough as Repede."

She took another sip from the warm mug in her hand. At least they were both warm, now, and she was starting to feel better....  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Yuri smiled a little at Dove's concern. "Hey, the two of us have been through a lot together. He'll be all right." He had every confidence in that.

Repede was certainly no push over and knew what to do take care of himself. There was definitely a huge difference between the sturdy Growlithe and Dove's pampered little Eevee.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 pm
Dove grinned at Yuri's confidence, the hidden alcohol in her mistakenly prepared drink starting to slowly kick in. "You know...you always talk about these 'big adventures' and yet I have no idea what they entail..." she said, sipping again the frothy drink.

"Tell me something I don't know about you..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 pm
Yuri blinked once at the request, not having expected that. "Huh? Sure, I guess." He paused to think, trying to think of a story that she might find interesting.

"Did I ever tell you how Repede got his scar?" He doesn't remember sharing that particular story, but people often asked about it. So there was really no telling.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm
"Nope! Tell away!" she quietly demanded, sinking further into her seat and looking to him expectantly.

Mmmmm~ It was warm and comfy here, in the blanket Yuri had brought her. And his voice was soothing, and now--lucky her!-- he was going to share a bit of his past. And her drink was good. Very good.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm
Yuri chuckled lightly, "All right." He then leaned back in his chair and folded his hands behind his head.

"Welp. When I decided to leave the Guarde, Repede came along with me. He was still a pup then. I was stationed in a town out in the middle of nowhere, and didn't really have a way to get back home. So we walked."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm
Dove's eyes lit up. "Guard? Like a knight? Is that why you've got the cool outfit and sword?"

When she realized she had interrupted, she blinked and shrunk back, cheeks pink. "S-Sorry," she stuttered, sipping again at her spiked hot chocolate. "keep going..."

She continued to watch Yuri from the corner of her eye, quietly observing the way the firelight reflected off his hair and skin...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm
Yuri laughed at that. "A knight? Yeah I guess. The Guarde is the military of Grande Ile, and has served as knights to the royal family and nobility in the past." And there was actually a faction of it that was still known as the Royal Guarde. But only the very elite were asked to join those ranks, and Yuri had been fresh out of the academy at the time.

"That's where I got the sword, but the outfit I picked out myself. The Guarde uniforms are pretty hot and stuffy."

Anyway.

"It was about a week's walk back to the capital, and of course there were wild Pokemon along the way. All I had was my sword and Repede, who had never fought anything in his life."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:26 pm
She nodded quietly, her attention to him rapt. Yuri was really cool... Not that she had ever doubted him. And he was nice, too, she thought to herself. Her boyfriend never told her stories like this...He never just sat and talked with her unless she asked for it...

If her mind had been clear, Dove would have realized that her boyfriend never would have had to tell her these stories; they had quite literally grown up together. And though he was busy, the young man did occasionally take the time just to be with her, though those periods were usually brief and consisted more of him listening...

However, as it was, Yuri was behaving much more like a gentleman, at least in comparison to her lover's attitude over the phone earlier in the day.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm
It would be hard to say whether Yuri was really any better than Kyouya or not, but he was definitely different. Despite it all, Yuri had his faults too. Plus the guy seemed to be completely oblivious to how closely Dove was watching him. He was feeling pretty good at the moment, now that Dove was cheering up, and just continued with his story.

"It was mostly just little Pokemon here and there that I was able to fend off. But when we made camp one night, an Ursaring got the jump on me. Repede got between us, and I would've been pretty bad off if he hadn't taken the hit for me."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff