Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Groundhog Day Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
  There wasn't one today!
View Results

Meridot

Posessed Pup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Chianne
That's a very valid point. I had not considered that.

I actually meant how awkward it must be to go and purchase a chainsaw and then find someone who has a block of ice every single day. He must have repeated the process so many times. I bet it took a fair few hours each day just getting the materials.

I also wonder, if he repeated the same activities each day right down to every detail, whether there was a chance that despite his actions being the same as before a difference occurred anyway, through chance alone.

I think that once he realized that nothing he did had any lasting consequences outside of his own psyche, it probably got rid of a lot of inhibitions for him. Heck, with months and years to throw at it, he probably even figured out the fastest way he could acquire a chainsaw and a block of ice. Even if not, when time is infinite, I suppose it doesn't matter so much how long it takes you to do something.

What do you mean by chance, though? I was under the impression that, if he were to just stay in bed all day for a week, each day that went by would be exactly the same as the one before it. So while slight variations in how he does things might result in different things happening, I don't think there was any kind of "randomization" going on outside of his own influence.

I feel robbed then! I want to see more of Bill Murry having trouble figuring stuff out through trial and error, all the while wearing his cynical face! (Have you seen Zombie Land?) The sequence with the old homeless man dying time and time again despite him trying everything was so sad.

That's exactly what I meant by chance, but yes I think you are right. It was just something extra to ponder over. I just thought I'd throw some extra hmmmm into the thread since your theory about him not retaining any strength he gained over a day really won the thread.

I must admit that it really threw me. Thinking about it made me pull a Keanu face.

User Image

I picked one I thought was relevant. mrgreen I then read your post to my boyfriend and I think his brain broke too.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:52 am
Chianne
I feel robbed then! I want to see more of Bill Murry having trouble figuring stuff out through trial and error, all the while wearing his cynical face! (Have you seen Zombie Land?) The sequence with the old homeless man dying time and time again despite him trying everything was so sad.

That's exactly what I meant by chance, but yes I think you are right. It was just something extra to ponder over. I just thought I'd throw some extra hmmmm into the thread since your theory about him not retaining any strength he gained over a day really won the thread.

I must admit that it really threw me. Thinking about it made me pull a Keanu face.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I picked one I thought was relevant. mrgreen I then read your post to my boyfriend and I think his brain broke too.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It would have been nice to see, but for the sake of making the movie not last forever, I guess they just limited showing his whole trial and error process to when he was being a slime ball with his producer. I just imagine that sort of thing happening with everything that he eventually got good at.

The old man part was sad...I'd forgotten about it until I saw the movie again this year. I like how he then took it upon himself to save as many people as he could. I think my favorite one is that kid where he's like, "You have NEVER thanked me!" xD And yes, I've seen Zombieland. I don't know why I don't have that movie o_O I do like it a lot.

I think about strange things a lot. And often times I wish that my life had checkpoints and I could relive stuff. But I guess that's why I live in a fantasy world =V  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out