Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ROCKET ORP] Upgrades - Prizes on page 9 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:46 am
[Claire]

"Safety in numbers," KO observed, his usually casual tones carrying a twang of discomfort. Threats were bad enough when you knew what they were, but when you had no idea.... Not good. Noting the Pikachu on the Agent's shoulder he reached to his belt for one of his own pokeballs. His hand hovered for a moment over Duke's but the Agent had electric covered. After a moment of thought he released Countess.

The Banette appeared as silently as ever, hovering in mid air with her lantern held out before her. "Look sharp," KO ordered the creepy thing, "we might have some some uninvited guests on our hands."

The ghost type inclined its head slightly and floated along beside him as he hastened after the female Agent.

--------------

[Rory]

Damp but dressed Aulus showed his teeth in a grimace. "I haven't a sodding clue," he replied with shake of his head, "all I know it what I heard announced." Clipping his pokeballs and the short metal tube that was his rather new rather nice telescoping staff to his belt he tried to work out what the hell he ought to do.

"I'm heading down first," he said after a few moments, "we're nearly at the bottom of the base anyway, might as well cover that first. Coming?" Not waiting for a response he strode towards the changing room door. Where were Claire and Alex in all this? He needed to check up on them, but wasn't sure that this was exactly the right moment to call.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 am
[ Seth ]

Pressing her lips in a tight line and not saying a thing, Harvard took the offered card to check. "Elite Agent Seth. I am Elite Agent Harvard. Nice to finally meet you." Her tone said otherwise. She handed back the card. And then, without further ado, turned and moved to pace onward in the direction of security. Stopping to exchange pointless niceties beyond an initial introduction wasn't really something Harvard cared for. Especially with a possible unknown threat hanging over them all.

----------

[ Inigo ]

Alba glanced up and down the hall, but he didn't see anything other than other Rockets emerging from their rooms and running for the stairs or, in the case of several Trainees, the elevators. Spook levitated just above his shoulder. "Not sure..." He turned back to his roommate while the crowd cleared some. "Do you need to report anywhere?"

A timid voice of a young woman called from down the hall. "Um... hello? Is it... is there an actual emergency? I mean... um... Do we... Do we need to actually get our... clothes... on... for this- Hello?"

Brows furrowed, Alba opened his mouth to answer, then closed it. He... wasn't really sure how to answer that one. He repeated the motion a few times before letting out a hopeless sigh. "Just- um... Yeah." Alba nodded and waved a hand in the direction of the voice. "Yeah, you- You might wanna do that." The door that had been cracked open closed, and Alba looked back to Inigo with a face of lost confusion that clearly read, "What the heck just happened?" and "DID that just honestly happen?"  

Catzandbirdz

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:24 am
[Harvard]

Taking the card back, he pocketed it once more. "I know, I heard it when you made the announcement." And somehow he wasn't convinced that she was all that pleased to meet him. But then, he got that reaction a lot, so it was hardly unexpected.

Once she started off, Seth continued to follow her into a section he knew rather well.

"So, you're the new security officer," he remarked, taking note of any changes that had been made since the last time he'd been here.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:04 am
[Aulus]

Near the bottom of the base. He knew what was down below them, what was at the bottom. What if they hadn't gotten out in time, what if they had gotten stuck down there? What if she.....He fought back the thought, now wasn't the time for his heart to rule, and grabbed his set of pokeballs, clipping them to his belt, before following the other man.

"Coming." What he wouldn't give to have time to run up to grab his sword. He'd just have to make due with his pokemon.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 am
[ Seth ]

Harvard didn't slow her pace or otherwise indicate any acknowledgement to being followed. Until he commented on her position. "I am," she stated simply, at the same time scanning her own identification at a set of doors to enter the security offices proper. If Seth slipped in before the doors closed, whatever. Yay for him. If not, then he could scan his own way in. Assuming his card had the permissions, that is.

Outwardly, the area would look much the same to Seth. Some things in a break area may have been shuffled around, but the setups for any computer stations or cubicles had so far been left alone. A few of the Rockets that had been working there longer and knew their stuff had been given an extra computer monitor at their desks, but that was pretty much it. Oh, and a marshmallow gun hanging on the wall near a door that led to one of the Tech offices. A bright yellow sign hung on the barrel, warning of certain doom to any who pulled the trigger while still in the realm of the Security Department.

But yeah, other than that, pretty much the same.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 am
[Harvard]

He had access, but that didn't mean he wanted to take the few extra seconds to scan in. Thus he managed to slip in before the doors shut. He took a moment to look around, noting the marshmallow gun on the wall with a frown.

However, everything looked mostly the same. He didn't expect there to not be any changes since he was last in charge of the department. Especially with how Hayes had restructured the management completely. He apparently couldn't handle all the work that Seth did.

Already knowing his way around, the once Executive made his way over to one of the work stations to hopefully get a glimpse of just what the hell was going on around here. This wasn't his department anymore, so he restrained from barking any orders. For now.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 am
[ Seth + Anyone in Security ]

"Okay, look alive, people," Harvard declared as she moved through the stations. Her target, the main control console, had a group of Agents typing away furiously at their keyboards, the larger main screens showing snippets and thumbnails of the most important details. "Tell me we have something good that I did not know three seconds ago."

An Agent to the left responded first, not taking his eyes from what he was working on. "Still nothing, Ma'am."

Not what she was hoping to hear. Harvard folded her arms behind her back. "Alright, then. Interior sensors?"

"All floors, Ma'am," another called. "Seems to be a higher concentration on this one but... that just doesn't make any sense"

"Give me facts only, Agent. Save the conjecture for TV dramas. Perimeter?"

"Not a peep, Ma'am."

Harvard thought for a moment as more details were called out. "Is there really nothing out there?" Someone tried to answer that the cameras couldn't find anything, but Harvard cut them off. "Keep up the scans. Narrow it down. And for the love of Arceus, someone actually get me a first-hand visual. No," she cut off another person, "I don't want camera proof. I want a set of human eyes, I want them to look out a window and/or walk out through the doors, and I want the mouth that's attached to the same face to tell me that there really isn't something."

----------

[ Everyone on base ]

The intercoms clicked on once more throughout the base. This time, it was a regular Agent speaking, though he was clearly nervous. "Requesting visual on anything... um... not right?... outside of the base. Um... Oh geez, just... Someone get to a window or go outside. Tell us-- Security-- if there really is or isn't something out there."

Smooth.

Down on floor -4, Harvard was once again asking herself how mankind hadn't died out ages ago. For now, she'd just resist the strong urge to put her palm to her forehead in public, and continued to issue out orders.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am
[Harvard]

Standing there with an annoyed look on his face and arms folded across his chest, Seth was less than impressed as he played the part of spectator for the moment. He was giving this woman a chance to prove that she was capable, but so far, he was not exactly liking what he was seeing. While he knew he would do things differently, he would remain respectful and let her do her job, until he saw reason to step in.

Still, he didn't like just standing there, and twitched slightly at the less than articulate announcement over the intercom.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 pm
[KO]

"Alright," Claire said easily, continuing onward. However, the latest announcement made her pause until it finished, and she debated briefly. "We're on floor 2 currently - let's head down a floor and head outside." She turned to regard the trainee but saw the floating stitched thing with a lantern, and physically recoiled a bit in surprise. She recovered quickly though and pursed her lips at it, not even going to bother asking what it was. It was a ghost, that's all that mattered.

Zeus was just giving it a horrified expression the instant KO let it out.

-----

[Alba]

Inigo scratched the back of his neck a bit in thought, and sniffled again as his hand dropped. "I don't think so," he said honestly with a shrug. "I dunno though."

He paused when the voice spoke, and a grin very slowly spread across his face. The grunt chuckled when the door closed, and he nodded to his roomie and patted him on the shoulder. Normally he wasn't one for reading faces, but Alba's said his thoughts loud and clear. "Yeah," he chuckled. "Yeah that did just happen. C'mon, let's go," he urged his elder, pushing him lightly towards the door. He probably should've been taking this whole thing a little more seriously, but after that bit of comedy relief, it was a little hard to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm
[Claire]

"Right." KO nodded; he was more than happy to leave calling the shots, and taking the shots to the Agent. Bodily harm was above his pay grade. "Theories?" he asked as they headed to the stairs. "Think the League has got itself in gear? Galactic again? Somebody new?... Or a systems glitch?" He would love for it to be a systems glitch.

Countess turned her head slowly to Zeus. The stitches around where a mouth ought to be pulled up into what could be technically called a smile, but really ought not to be.

------------

[Security, Claire/KO]

Frost paused by a window when the awkward announcement came and pushed it open. After a sharp-eyed scan of the surrounding area he opened his dex and commed through to security. "Agent Frost, Floor two, north facing window. I have no unusual visuals at present, proceeding to first floor to search outside." With his message relayed he clicked his dex shut again and hastened towards the stairs, where he spotted a familiar figure and an unfamiliar one.

"Agent Claire, I hope you have been keeping well," was the cool polite greeting that sounded as though it belonged at a classy cocktail party. "I have just looked out of north side of the building, nothing out of the ordinary that I could make out. Yourself?" The trainee got a glance, but attractive or not was not deemed worthy of a greeting.

----------

[Rory]

The new orders - orders 'ish' - that came though made Aulus pause half way down the stairs to base floor four. "We're already a way down," he said with a shake of his head as he set off down again. "No point in us charging back up when there'll be lots of people up there already. If we get to security we might be able to get a better idea of what's happening, or at least an idea of where they need more people."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm
[KO, Frost]

"Theories?" She repeated, brows raised, though she was still walking. "I don't like to think of theories - I like facts. I want to know what's actually going on, not what I could think of what's going on. I could think of a great deal of things. Galactic, the League," she shrugged, but a new voice made her halt near the stairwell and she glanced around.

"Ah, hello Frost," she greeted casually, offering the blond man a nod, "I have. And you?" She turned towards the stairs again and started walking once more. "Heading down to the main floor to take a look outside, preferably around the entire building. You're more than welcome to join us," she finished as she started descending the stairs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 pm
Faleen had been in the robotics lab when the first flux of power had happened. She had lifted her head, brow furrowed in concern as she glanced around the lights... the last thing she needed was for the power to go out down here, RIGHT in the middle of her work.

"Z, make a backup of current progress, and store remotely." She spoke, pulling herself out from the tangle of wiring and parts to glance at her work station.

"[Affirmative]" The robotic voice from the computer responded, there was a flash for a moment as the Porygon Z icon flicked away and began to gather the displayed data.

With that out of her mind, she forgot the lights and got back to work.
If anything was wrong, the security systems would be able to-
It wasn't long until the alarms were going on, and Faleen was pulling herself away from her work, staring around with wide, surprised eyes.

"[Faleen: Alarms]" The Porygon in the computer called "[Message: Relaying. Base Wide]"
Faleen was on her feet, and at her computer before Porygon even finished playing the status. Plugging a USB into the computer port.

There was a good chance that this was going to have something to do with one of the enemies, or rivals that Rocket has made, Galactic was first in her mind, though she knew they couldn't rule out the League, not since they made an appearance in Kodo, and Rocket still had Lance.
either way Rocket had someone important from each side.

Faleen tapped her fingers along the console of her station, connecting herself to the desert sentries, she had gotten their order to look outside, though seeing as she was currently a few stories underground, there wasn't anything she could do to help at the moment. Her eyes had to be the rest of the team up by the windows, or more importantly the mechanical team the Robotics had deployed outside.
"Unit HRV, code lock 7859 as authorized by Agent Faleen Ewell of Robotics,"
She located the sentry closest to their location, Porygon zipping around the screen.
"High alert situation, report any anomalies in the desert, has sensors high alert. Forward orders to the other units."

The then ripped out the USB, after having Porygon download into it. plugging him instead into her data-pad.

She felt itchy, like she needed to act, but they had to know what was going on before they could do anything. She waited, almost holding her breath for someone to report.

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm
Jerome opened the door to his room, the alarm had jarred the resting grunt, and it certainly didn't help when Turret had announced her own alarmed critter.
He knew enough to be alerted to a problem, a problem that he didn't know what it could be or what to do about it.
But, not being in any particular rush, he had stepped out of his room, glancing down the hall finding that most other people on the floor had the same idea as him.

"Gengar" Bro' grumbled curiously, floating past Jerome one eye squinted as he glanced around the hall.
Jerome followed his pokemon, Turret not too far behind the both of them as the Metang kept close to Jerome's lower back.

[Inigo, Alba]

"M'guessin' this s**t ain't normal" Jerome said in his calm growl, approaching another grunt that he recognized, the younger Rocket Inigo, with a man that Jerome recognized from the last mission they had been on,and as the kid's roommate.
He had seen the two stepping out of their rooms as he made his own way down the hall.

Bro' let out a hearty "Gar" and crossed his arms, glancing around the hall.

"CHRR CHRR CHRR" Turret alarmed again, untill Jerome put a hand on the top of her head.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 pm
Either anyone down the labs/looking at a monitor that shows them... or anyone near the tech' level elevators toward the end there.

Tambrey had ditched her lab coat- just because there was an alarm, there was no reason to do away with protocol- upon her exit from the working areas and into the hallway.
The alarms had stopped; this was good- but lights were still blinking and announcements were still happening apparently.
She listened to the latest one.
That was unusual... in tone and, uh, request.
She checked the pokéballs on her belt and pushed the button to call for an elevator.
As the doors slid open, she slipped in... and found herself in the ready-stance that Aulus had taught her. Like she'd intended to fight any intruder she found in there. Just because the announcement said to look for something outside didn't mean something wasn't still in. One hand sought out the button to take her one level up, to the tech' room.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shawn Darrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 pm
"WHAAAHHH!"

Grunt Shadow sat up from a tangle of blankets in a heap on the floor. He had been spending the afternoon as he usually did - getting sleep so that he was fully awake for his night shift. Unfortunately, the blaring alarm and flashing red lights startled the light sleeper from his restful slumber. He sat and blinked for a few seconds as his Jolteon joined him from under his bed. Her fur was sparking and she growled at the lights and speaker.

The boy was just awake enough to catch most of Harvard's announcement as he went to splash water on his face. At her words, the rest of his drowsiness left him and his paranoia set in on high. Intruders? They had intruders in the building?!

Dashing out of the room with his electric-type at his heels, Shadow glanced up and down the hall. Taking one look at Lindsay, he checked the pokeballs in his pocket before retrieving one in particular and releasing it into the air, hoping it wasn't one of his creepy ghosts on accident. Fortunately it turned out to be just the pokemon he had meant to release - Keese, his yellow-eyed, two-winged Crobat.

"Keese, go down that way and head downstairs when you get to the end," he told the bat pokemon. "Lindsay and I will cover this side. We'll meet up with you downstairs." That way they could check two floors and Keese could report if he saw anything suspicious.

The Haunter who lingered about Shadow's and Rory's room peered out curiously, listening to the instructions. Although the grunt seemed to pay him no mind, he thought he ought to follow after the young trainer.

Another ghost was soon investigating the situation and had come to the door beside him. The Haunter acknowledged the Shuppet with a serious look and she smiled in return. Eris had her camera all ready before setting off after Keese. The two parties went their separate ways, eager to obey the Elite Agent's orders.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff