Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm
When she found them a table Rory followed after, keeping his pace set with hers. The one she found was close to the wall and far enough from some of the more crowded tables.

When she spun around to face him, he had to fight the urge not to cringe at the look on her face. Maybe he shouldn't have told her about his accident of his own stupidity? He set his tray on the table and let his hand go to the spot her eyes were staring at.

"I will," he told her, "I just wasn't thinking then, but I went and got it checked and cleaned as soon as it happened." Rory explained, hoping that could console her. He had forgotten what it was like to have someone fussing over him; for her to be doing it was kind of....cute?...Rory shook his head and motioned for her to sit before he did.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm
Admittedly she did look, for a moment, relieved when he mentioned immediately getting it checked and cleaned.

"Well... good." She managed. "I'm glad of that at least and I guess... It's kind of hard to adjust when y' get hurt..." Tambrey set her tray down and sat, noting the gesture from Rory with a slight mental-smile at least, her palm rubbing across her once-injured arm for a few seconds as she considered what she said.
"I'm sorry, by the way. It's just... We've seen death here, seen... injury after injury and," She paused, weighing up the what she was about to admit, to decide that, yes, it was fine for her to be saying it "you... mean a lot t' me."
The dark-haired grunt had ended up looking at the table at some point in saying it, but peeked up as she finished.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:48 pm
Rory nodded as he sat down at the table across from her. He caught her rubbing her arm and raised an eyebrow for a moment. "It is. Thankfully it'll be back to normal soon." Granted his definition of soon wasn't the same at the nurse's.

"It's alright. With all the risks involved, it's understandable." He set down his fork and reached over to put a hand on one of hers. "You mean a lot to me, too. I promise, I'll do better to behave," he grinned.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:12 pm
The hand on hers and the promise, after his reassurance, made Tambrey smile despite the subject of injury.

"Well. Good you better." She nodded, flushed with unspoken happiness that he'd chosen to tell her back that she meant a lot to him.
"No more lifting heavy stuff too much... Not until y're better." She couldn't force him, of course, couldn't carry any authority to tell him not to, and of course he'd probably be doing training or whatever again all too soon, she was sure, but the promise, as she heard it, that he'd be more careful, was welcome. Encouraging. Especially after her words.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 pm
"Gotcha. No more carrying Pinkie up the stairs until I'm healed," Rory replied playfully with a wink as he gave her hand a quick squeeze before pulling it back.

"I'm just glad you made it out of that mess safe. Especially when you were batting the Rotom." He wouldn't mention it but he had seen her freeze when the battle began; she had looked at it similarly to how she had looked at Thor.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm
Tambrey thought about trying to look disapproving, but the mock expression wouldn't stay and she just ended up grinning instead.
"Exactly." She 'agreed'.

The mention of making it out of the 'mess' safe brought a half nod, until the mention of the Rotom.
The dark-haired grunt shuddered involuntarily.
"Those things. If I never had to see another one again, I'd be happy. Still getting jitters about elevators, to be honest; getting better though."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm
At her shutter, the small smile on Rory's face fell. "Thankfully they're all under control now. You shouldn't have to worry about that again." He looked away as he took a drink.

"You handled it really well though. I've seen how you are around Thor and I understand," As much as he could anyway; he would never understand exactly what she went through...he hoped. "I'm glad it's getting better."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:48 pm
"Mmhm. Kind 'f helps that, uh... Thor's adorable. I mean. It's... electrical attacks, electricity... that I just. Well, y'know. It's a thing. I'm getting better with electrical pokémon themselves, I think, but it's a little easier when they're like Thor." Tambrey admitted with a frown, wondering about when, or if, she should tell Rory more about it all. The scars she carried now; would they matter to him?
"Anyway. Yes. It's good that all that," She likely wasn't just talking about the incident with the Rotoms and Mewtwo "is over for now. Kind of feels like we're due a respite y'know? A break from all this, a lull, or a bit of good luck maybe."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 pm
Hearing her speak about her fears with the electricity made his heart ache, though he tried to ignore it. Rory wished, for a brief moment, that he could have met her before then, before she had been kidnapped with the others.

"It also helps that he manages to keep the electricity under control. From what I heard normally Pichus can't do that too well when they're young, but I think he likes you enough to try."

Her last comment made him chuckle. "You know you just jinxed us now, right?" His eyes lit up as he grinned.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:20 pm
She smiled at the idea.
Thor did seem to have a pretty good grasp on not shocking people, he seemed, often to her, to be a rather determined pokémon and she supposed that, along with making him a good match with Rory, was part of why he'd been able to control things in such a way.
"Well, I'm grateful for that; he's a sweetheart of a pokémon really." She noted, then blinked at Rory. "Oh. Frak, I hope not. I mean, I honestly think we've earned one, I didn't mean t' jinx it." She was mostly still smiling back, though; clearly the idea of a 'jinx', in the way he meant, was still a jest to her.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 am
"Maybe when you think of the electricity, you can think of him instead," Rory offered. Replacing whatever memories she had that left her terrified with the memories of the tiny mouse might be able to help her out, at least a small bit.

Her comment about them being jinxed now caused him to laugh as he moved one of the cupcakes he had brought over to her tray. "We'll just have to wait and see now, won't we?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:22 pm
For the second time in as many minutes, she smiled at another of his ideas.
"That's a nice thought; I like that." It would take a long while to get anywhere close to being able to do it in the way he meant, she knew, but she certainly appreciated the suggestion.
Suddenly a cupcake was moved to her tray.
She twitched her lips slightly, trying to make sure the thought it had reminded her of wasn't betrayed.
Talking of wait and see...

"Yeah. I guess." She poked the cupcake back his way, just a little way, pretending not to want want it for just a moment.
"Um. Hey? I know you're not working later tonight, obviously... And all I have planned really is, uh, writing up a little bit of paperwork and nothing else... So, um. Another movie night or something, maybe? Same room as last time? I mean... I'd need to go back and get changed; I really didn't want to be late to meet you so, uh, haven't yet. I wouldn't be long though. If you wanted to?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 pm
Rory raised an eyebrow when he noticed she had pushed the cupcake back a bit towards him. He, in turn, pushed it back towards her.

Her invitation led to a shy grin from him as she stumbled over her words and began lightly rambling on. Rory remembered the last movie night they had; it had been just them until Xander showed up. It had been a good night hanging out with people he thought of as friends. This time, however, he doubted a movie night would be the same as that time.

"Yeah," he finally agreed, with a nod, "I'd like that."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 pm
Tambrey smirked as the cupcake was pushed back, then took it up, broke it into two halves and tried pushing one half back to Rory again.

She brightened, if somewhat blushed, at his agreement to the invitation.
"Oh, um. Good. I mean, I don't really know what's up there- you can pick something out to watch? I did think it would be nice to do it though." She paused to eat some more, aware that she had to finish dinner before she could change and they could have a movie night.
"It'll take me, uh, maybe ten or fifteen minutes and I can... uh, meet you in the rec' room? Unless you wanted to come back and wait at the room, but that might, um, be boring for you."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:18 pm
When she offered him half of the cupcake, Rory shook his head and motioned towards his own that was still on his tray.

"I'm sure we'll find something," he said as he went back to his dinner. After a moment he spoke again, "Besides I picked last time, we can watch whatever you want."

Rory gave a shrug when she offered up the options for them to meet. "Either one's fine with me."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff