Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Walsh Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:48 pm
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

User Image
Garrett Lucan Walsh
- Father of Six - Doctor - Muggle -
[feeling: doomed] [thinking: Oh, here we go...] [with: Family] [at: Home]

Today was Garrett Walsh's day off from his usual work at the hospital. He firmly intended to spend it relaxing at home with his wife and children. Until his wife revealed her plans for the day. "Gare, I need to fetch some ingredients from the apothecary in Diagon Alley. You'll come along with the kids, won't you?" He stared at her blankly. "Wh- Why?" She huffed and folded her arms. "Well, I just thought a family outing would do us all some good. Enjoy the beautiful day and all." "Or I could jist stay 'ere" he countered weakly. But the look on Cora's face told him that probably wouldn't be happening....

It is a wise father that knows his own child.

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:31 pm

With a flutter of wings an owl dropped the large letter and envelope on the Stoop of the House Hold. It landed in front of the door with a loud and satisfying Thump.

The Outside of the Envelope read in an elegant script:
Walsh Family

Quote:

Dear Walsh Family,
User Image
The Ball will be occurring during the upcoming summer and will be open to the members and their guests:

Cora, Garrett, Uriel, Jessamine, Tobias, Eleazer, Violante, Althea.

Please send back an owl to the Brighton Estate with your acceptance or your denial as soon as possible.
Child Care will be available.
We hope to see you on our day and evening of dance, feast, and enjoyment.
~ The Brighton Family

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:36 pm
Oh the river, oh the river, it’s running free
And oh the joy, oh the joy it brings to me
But I know it’ll have to drown me
Before I can breathe easy
And I’ve seen it in the flights of birds
I’ve seen it in you
The entrails of the animals
The blood running through

User Image
Cora Mercy Walsh
~ Pureblood Mother of Six ~ St. Mungo's Healer ~ Former Gryffindor ~
{feeling: cold} {thinking: what in the name of Merlin is he doing here?!} {with: Callius} {at: Front Stoop}

Cora had just gotten home from her work shift at St. Mungo's and changed out of her work clothes, and was now in the process of making sure the house and her children were in order. Garrett was out with Eleazar and Thea, getting his school things, Uriel was reading in his room, Toby and Jess were running around outside doing Merlin knew what, and Vi was playing quietly, talking to herself in the manner that young children do, pitching her voice to speak for her toys. Things were quiet for once, and she smiled to herself as she turned up the radio in the kitchen, washing dishes.

And then the back door flew open, and the twins raced in, tracking in mud and grass and... water? Had they been in the nearby pond again? She sighed. Could she have no peace? Ever?

"No, no, no," she chanted, shooing them with a dish towel. "You are wet and filthy and I just cleaned this kitchen last night." Thank goodness for cleaning charms, otherwise this home would be akin to a pig sty, she was sure of it.

"Mum!" shrieked Jess. "This is super important!"

"Not as important as my kitchen floor staying dirt free!" she retorted, forcing them back out the door.

"No, really!" Toby argued, managing to stop it from closing by wedging his foot in. "Uncle Lucy is here. Like, he's in the front yard." he added, jerking his head in the direction of the front of the cottage.

"Uncle..." Cora echoed in confusion. "You don't have an Uncle Lucy... what are you talking about?" she asked, still trying to close the back door. Lucy?

"Uncle Lucifer!" Jess yelped. "You know! The one you and Dad talk about sometimes when you think we're not listening! The creepy one! He's got longish blondish hair...." she gestured wildly.

"Kind of short, actually," Toby cut in. "Dad is way taller than him." he scoffed, standing up to his own full, rather lanky height.

"Your father is 6'1", he's taller than most," Cora said distractedly, before she realized exactly who they were talking about. She gasped. "He's here?!" But... that made no sense. Why would he be here?

The twins nodded in unison.

Cora scowled and yanked them both inside the kitchen, clean floors forgotten. "I can't believe... How does he even know where we live... Ugh." she ranted, while her children watched her ramble to herself.

"Mum..." Toby began slowly, eyebrows raised.

"Are you okay?" Jess finished, looking at her strangely.

"No. No, I am most definitely not okay, I have to go deal with your uncle...or should I say Satan." she muttered darkly. So that was where they had gotten the nickname from. Her and Garrett's somewhat immature nicknames for her dreaded brother in law.

"Uncle Lucifer," the two chorused.

She turned to look at them. "Alright, both of you, take off your shoes and leave them here, I deal with your mess later. Go upstairs and take Vi with you, stay with Uriel until I tell you to come down." she ordered, going into Mum Battle Mode, as Toby called it. There was a grim look in her green eyes.

"But Mummmmmmm," Jess began to whine, already pouting, sticking out her lower lip.

"No. Do as I say and go." she said sternly, and then made her way to the front door with a cold look already in place. She opened it and the look became frigid. "Callius." she said icily, making sure the space of the opened door was completely taken up by her. He wasn't going to get so much of a glimpse inside her home.

"Cora." he greeted sardonically, smiling politely.

It made her want to punch something.

"May I ask," she began sarcastically, "Why're you're on my front stoop? Because I'd love to know. Truly."

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.

On the sea, on the sea and land over land
Creeping and crawling like the sea over sand
Still I follow heart lines on your hand
And there’s fantasy, there’s fallacy, there’s tumbling stone.
Echoes of a city that’s long overgrown
Your heart is the only place that I call home
I cannot be returned
I know you can

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm
Now the dark begins to rise
Save your breath, it's far from over
Leave the lost and dead behind
Now's your chance to run for cover
I don't want to change the world
I just wanna leave it colder
Light the fuse and burn it up
Take the path that leads to nowhere

ᴄᴀʟʟɪᴜs ᴇᴅᴍᴜɴᴅ ʟɪʟʟᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ
ᴘᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ
ɪᴍᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇ
ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

User Image
Feeling: Apathetic | Company: Cora | Location: Front Stoop

ᴄᴀʟʟɪᴜs
did not want to be here. Really. The last thing he wanted to be doing on a summer afternoon was dealing with them, but... He'd always taken a certain satisfaction in making Cora Darien twitch, and he had a right to see his niece. He was curious, he'd convinced himself. He hadn't seen the girl since she was four, and he'd never even heard her speak. Then again, his brother's family had always been silent for the most part. Julius had done the talking. "Cora, it can't always be about you, sadly." he replied evenly. "I haven't seen the child in three years."

"The child," the blonde woman nearly hissed. "Has a name. Violante. And one would have to be extraordinarily idiotic to let you within ten feet of any child."

He blinked, and then settled on an apathetic look. "Funny. I seem to have three." And they were certainly of much better stock than any of hers.

"Well, I guess that just accounts for Desdemona's poor judgement," Cora snapped.

Something very close to fury bubbled up inside him but he simply gritted his teeth and forced it back. He couldn't hit a woman. Not where there might be witnesses. "At least my wife can use a wand. Unlike the creature you decided to take up with." He wasn't going to use the word married because that might seem like spitting on it. Her muggle husband was a personal insult to both their lineage. The fact that her parents had allowed it was disgusting.

Cora took a step forward. "Leave. Now. Before I blast you off my property."

"No." he said simply. She was pathetic. Thinking she could harm a single hair on his head. The stupid woman had no idea who she was dealing with. He was from a long, prestigious line of-

She had her wand in his face.

"Don't point that thing at me," he sneered. "You might have to actually perform magic, and I don't know if you remember any. All that time living with filth might have had effects." He stared at her. "Last time I checked, I had visitation rights. I'd like to exercise them." And he would. She couldn't stop him. Not legally, anyways.

ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ, ᴘᴀʀᴀɴᴏɪᴅ. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ωɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

All is lost again
But I'm not giving in
I will not bow
I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall
I will not fade
I will take your breath away

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:07 pm
Oh the river, oh the river, it’s running free
And oh the joy, oh the joy it brings to me
But I know it’ll have to drown me
Before I can breathe easy
And I’ve seen it in the flights of birds
I’ve seen it in you
The entrails of the animals
The blood running through

User Image
Cora Mercy Walsh
~ Pureblood Mother of Six ~ St. Mungo's Healer ~ Former Gryffindor ~
{feeling: cold} {thinking: what in the name of Merlin is he doing here?!} {with: Callius and Violante} {at: Front Stoop}

Cora grit her teeth for a moment, gave her brother in law a furious glance, and then turned on her heel. Once she didn't have to look at his smug face, she was somewhat calmer. "I will bring Vi out here. You will visit with her for as long as I say you can. Then you will leave, and send me notice before you turn up on my doorstep." She whipped back around to face him, green eyes venomous. "And you will treat this child like a human being and not a little puppet you can manipulate." she snapped. "She is seven years old, Callius. Try and be a little understanding."

"I'm always understanding." he said calmly, looking extremely triumphant, and Cora looked like she was about to yank the door knob off as she stepped back into the house.

"Jessamine, Tobias," she called out. "I know you're eavesdropping on the stairs. Send your sister down."

There was silence and the sound of running feet, some murmurs, and then the sound of smaller, slower feet as Vi padded down the stairs in her socks. She had a questioning look on her face, and her aunt was struck, as always by how very similar she looked to her deceased mother. She had the same exact stare.

"Your uncle is here," Cora said slowly, trying to figure out how to phrase this in a way that showcased neither her spite for Callius or her reluctance to introduce the two. "I'm not sure if you remember him or have even met him. He's your father's brother, sweetie." She despised saying the words "your father", but this might be extremely confusing to a seven year old. She didn't know.

"Father's... brother?" the girl echoed, coming up to Cora, her tone strange.

"Yes. His name is Callius Lillantine. He's your Uncle Callius." the blonde woman replied, crouching down from her full height. "He just wants to have a chat with you. You'll be polite, won't you?" She knew Violante would, she always was. The child had more manners than the rest of her children put together, and it showed.

The girl nodded blankly, and then stepped towards the half open door hesitantly. She pulled it open a bit more and had one foot outside when she froze, staring at Callius. He was staring back with a frightening intensity, and as Cora sidled around her niece, she saw that she had the exact same intensity in her own eyes. "Uncle." Vi said in a voice that Cora couldn't place. It wasn't quite fearful, or even distasteful, but it wasn't affectionate or even polite either. It wasn't flat or shrill. But in that silence you could have heard a pin drop, until Callius took a step forward and opened his mouth to say something. Vi became akin to a stone statue and then suddenly turned and bolted inside, skittering on the wood floor before disappearing back upstairs.

The two adults stared after her. Cora in shock and relief, and Callius with a grim, set look on his face. He muttered something under his breath and as Cora turned her head there was a crack and he was gone. Apparated away, leaving the woman happy he had left, but puzzled all the same. What exactly had been the purpose of his visit, anyways? Because he sure hadn't been there just to be a caring uncle. And why had Vi reacted in such a manner, when she should barely recognize him? She stayed on her stoop for a moment, before shaking her head and going inside, shutting the door with a resolute thud.

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.

((end scene))

On the sea, on the sea and land over land
Creeping and crawling like the sea over sand
Still I follow heart lines on your hand
And there’s fantasy, there’s fallacy, there’s tumbling stone.
Echoes of a city that’s long overgrown
Your heart is the only place that I call home
I cannot be returned
I know you can

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:42 am
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  I thought my demons were my friends
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

Dцґм₴тґaиg Alцмиї |ᛏ| Hёїя |ᛏ| Pцяёвlооd

════════════════════════

Roald walked up to the home slowly, observing the place his son had been raised. It wasn't much, and quite frankly he could practically smell the muggle filth that clung to the place. Roald sniffed. Certainly no place for his son to live, after all. But that was to change. He had a plan to reclaim his son, and his hand in his pocket wrapped fingers around his wand. No one was home, no one but his son, and he was taking him back home today. Whether the forbryter wanted to leave or not. Roald had his space in the estate ready, and a cold smile crossed his face. Oh yes, Eleazar would learn his place. He would learn it very well. And Roald would certainly ensure that the skitt that was currently the heir lost his position. His father had been wrong, after all. He could never have imagined that Roald would make sure he and his would inherit, after all. He lifted his hand and knocked, a smirk set across his features. Oh yes, this would be a very educational experience for his heir.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Nå å få min sønn tilbake...
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young
                                                  I tasted sorrow on my tongue
                                                  And this sweet chocolate gun does not protect me

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:29 pm
Sometimes I feel like I wanna leave this place for good...
Under the ground, I'll live down there without a sound!
And never hear these hissing voices all the same-
I'll disappear, 'cause living makes me feel ashamed.
I must believe there's more above us and below;
I must believe, stranded with this b***h called hope!
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is go;
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is disappear.

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

RavenclawFifth YearHalfbloodAdopted

Eleazar had the house to himself. He was somewhat conflicted about this. On the one hand, he liked being alone. On the other, he felt vulnerable when he was alone. On the one hand, if his family wasn't around the chances of his insane biological father being able to hurt them were much slimmer. On the other, the chances of his insane biological father being able to hurt him were much higher. It was late morning, his mother was at work, his father had taken Violante out since it was a rare day off and he wanted to spend some time with his favorite niece, as he joked, Toby and Jess were doing who-knew-what, probably somewhere in Diagon or even Knockturn, and Uriel had gone... somewhere. Maybe to visit his girlfriend. Eleazar hadn't asked.

He knew his parents had been wary about leaving him alone to have the day to himself like this, but the twins had for once taken his side and told them they'd be home by the late afternoon, so he wouldn't be by himself for that long. Eleazar might have picked a rare fight over it, because he was fifteen, not five, he'd spent the majority of the first seven or so years of his life being neglected and alone with a younger sister to look after to boot... but it wasn't really worth the argument. They were hardly going to hire a sitter to watch him, after all. His family was big and busy and everyone had been rushing around this morning anyways. His mother had kissed him on the cheek while he ate his breakfast before she left though, and told him she'd try to be home early enough to cook dinner at a normal hour tonight, amusement brimming in her voice. He'd watched his parents say their "I love you"s and "Have a good day"s with a tight painful feeling in his chest. Meeting Roald had certainly brought him some perspective on how lucky he was to have the family, the real family, he had, anyways. He just didn't want anyone else to get hurt because of him again.

It would have been easier if he was brave, if he was a Gryffindor like Toby. Toby'd kill anyone who laid so much as a finger on Jess or Vio or Thea, Eleazar was certain of it. He'd die before he let anything happen to them. What had Eleazar done? Stood there. Like a coward. All his intelligence flew out the window in that moment. It wasn't worth much of anything when someone killed your sister in front of you and you didn't even fight back. The house was empty and silent, besides the muffled sound of the radio in the kitchen. He didn't feel like going upstairs, so he read on the edge of the sofa, knees locked together like always, fingers drumming on the edge of the couch. He wasn't sure how long he'd been reading for- it was a book on experimental potions and the controversy surrounding releasing potions for sale that hadn't been tested yet- when he heard someone coming up the walk. He'd learned the difference between listening for male footsteps or female footsteps when he was very small, and it'd meant the difference between knowing if his old mum had come home alone, or with company, and whether or not he should stay in his room and be very quiet.

It was a man, and Eleazar felt a familiar sinking feeling in his gut as his mind started to race. It fairly went into overdrive when he caught a glimpse of the mysterious visitor through one of the windows. It was Roald. It was probably pathetic, he figured, that his first feeling was one of relief because no one else was home. He wasn't sure if the man had planned it that way, or it was by chance, but either way he was glad it wasn't his mother or his father opening the door with a greeting. He suddenly couldn't shake the image of his parents lying dead, staring lifelessly at the ceiling, out of his mind and it stayed there as he shakily put down the book and darted into the kitchen as Roald knocked. He wasn't going to wait out there for long.

The idea of somehow holing up in the house seemed ridiculous. Yes, he had a wand and could use magic to defend himself, but really, how long was he going to last against his father? Besides, shouts and yells might attract a neighbor, or worse, some poor muggle who Roald probably wouldn't hesitate to kill. He could floo somewhere, but where? Into St. Mungo's so he could watch Roald kill his mother? The Leaky Cauldron so he could get dragged out in front of everyone there for a drink? It was probably just best... to go along, or at least pretend to go along with whatever Roald's stupid plans were. And they were stupid, he told himself as he scrawled a note and stuck to the fridge with an absurdly cheerful looking magnet. He had to believe he was smarter than his father, that Roald would make a stupid mistake eventually and pay for it. If he let Roald think he was the one in control... he'd slip up, right?

He didn't know if he should go get something, anything, but he yanked open a drawer and found the smallest, sharpest knife he could in seconds time (which wasn't very sharp at all), and shoved it into his shoe, hoping he didn't somehow manage to cut his own foot open and die of blood loss. Though honestly that might be worth it, just to see the expression on Roald's face. He had his wand in his pocket. So there was that. He approached the front door, which had never seemed more ominous, with the curious feeling he supposed prisoners got before they were executed. As he did, he passed a picture on the wall of Thea, her last yearly photo, refusing to 'smile prettily' and instead practically baring her teeth in a wide, fearless grin at the camera. Her image waved energetically at him as he passed by, and it made him just bold enough to yank the door open with as much nerve as he was ever going to have, step out onto the front step, and pull it shut behind him. "Having a good morning?" he asked, and felt something a little bit like fire in his stomach.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

If this is it, all we have and ever will-
If this is it, time is running out and standing still!
I'll leave today, 'cause there's nothing left to keep me here...
I'll fade away; I'll turn my back and disappear.
The city moves: lunges up right from the ground,
The seething Earth, it opens up and spits us out.
This vicious child; nature never wanted us!
This vicious child; a cancer burning black into its heart...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Roald didn't even seem to respond to the fact that the door had been yanked ope, or that Eleazar was standing there on the step, other than to smirk as he realized his son was actually being somewhat cordial, in a brutish sort of way. No pleasantries, nothing of any sort of hello or welcome. He narrowed his eyes at his son, tsking as he stood there. "Nei, that is not how someone should open the door to greet guests. Hasn't that skitt family taught you anything about manners? You should always say at the very least hello or welcome, and certainly be a bit more pleasant. Then again, considering the folk you live with, I shouldn't be surprised."

He then appraised his son, looking him over with a critical eye. He didn't like what he saw, but that would change momentarily. It should be a refreshing change for the young boy, after all. "Also, forbryter, that dress, certainly you could have done better. Unless this skitt is too poor to afford proper clothing. So much work."

Roald began to pace before Eleazar, his hands clasped behind him as he studied the teen. "I am of course here to inform you that you are to come with me. I'm taking you somewhere to properly show you how to be a Bjelke, for this family couldn't possibly do it correctly. Oh no. This søppel doesn't even begin to realize how to properly behave. Now come."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 pm

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

Eleazar responded to his father's smirk with a relatively neutral look, until the man mentioned the 'folk he lived with'. He probably should have just stood there silently, but he didn't. "My dad always says no one's a guest until you invite them in," he said evenly. He regretted mentioning his dad; there was no reason for him to be dragged into this, but the implication that his parents were trash, that they hadn't taught him anything rankled him. They'd taught him plenty more about being a decent human being than Roald ever had. He didn't deign to reply to the commentary about his clothes. He'd also noticed that Roald liked to pace. He wondered half-heartedly if it was a nervous tick or force of habit. He wasn't shocked by Roald's declaration; he had't exactly expected to just stand on this stoop all day with his father berating him. He didn't say much of anything in protest, or even look around to see how far he could maybe get if he shoved all his weight into the man now and then took off running. The answer was probably not far. He might have gone through a bit of a growth spurt, but he was as skinny as ever. "Of course they couldn't. My last name isn't Bjelke and neither is theirs," he muttered, a sardonic edge creeping in. What a stupid comment, honestly. Really, what was Roald going to do? Kill him? Torture him? He needed him mostly in one sane piece if he wanted any sort of plausible heir. He edged forward at the order to come, avoiding touching the man if possible. I don't want to stand all that close to an insane murderer, so sue me, he thought sarcastically. He still didn't feel very brave, or particularly hotheaded- he was wary of saying something that would really set the man off, so for the most part, he tried to not outright insult him. It was about as hard as could be expected, seeing how this was the man who'd hit him for daring to react to his younger sister's death.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:40 pm
User Image
                                                  Choke, choke again
                                                  Pity me in the end
                                                  They're out to get me

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Roald sneered at the mention of Eleazar's 'family' and tried to reign in his anger. No, he was his father, not that stykke søppel. He reached out a hand and gripped the younger male's shoulder, putting enough pressure to make a point. "He is not your father. Never has been, never will be. I am, and I suggest you start realizing this, or it will make this a lot harder for you in the long run, Forbryter. You have yet to earn anything, and until you do, you will not mention that skitt to me. Is that clear?"

His grip tightened on Eleazar's shoulder as his annoyance grew. Oh, yes. He had his work cut out for him. "Of course your last name isn't Bjelke, you have yet to earn that distinction. This will change, Forbryter. We have much work to do, after all." Roald then tightened his grip more as he spun in place, disapparating with a faint pop and taking Eleazar with him. He didn't plan on them staying in England for any of this, of course.

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

Since I was young

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:41 am

User Image
E L E A Z A R
D R A V E N
B R A D L E Y

Eleazar winced at the pressure being applied to his shoulder and gritted his teeth, trying not to show it that much. He didn't want to give Roald the satisfaction. Maybe Roald was his father, but Garrett was his dad, his da, the man who'd took one look at him and Thea sitting in the harsh lighting of the hospital waiting to be processed into the system and told protective services he and his wife would take them for the night and they'd be applying to foster to adopt. Thea had adored him.

You didn't bother with me until you spotted me in a crowded room when I was thirteen, he thought venomously. You never did a damn thing for me until you thought I'd be useful to you. Earn anything? What was with his obsession with earning things? Children weren't supposed to earn the love of their parents. Who'd ******** him up when he was a kid? You didn't just invent that crap out of your own sick mind. Eleazar had never met his father's side of the family, hadn't even met his mother's side of the family, and she'd been around for at least six years until she took off. He was beginning to suspect he really didn't want to ever meet another Bjelke, assuming Roald had siblings and parents.

Roald's grip got even tighter and Eleazar finally gave in and ground out a "Yes," in reply to the question. He gasped out in pain just before he realized they were apparating away. The last thing of his home he saw was the slightly battered welcome mat and someone's rain boots left out to dry in the summer sunshine on the front step. Then he was gone.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:13 am
I’ve been tryin’ to keep my grip,
Yeah I think I’m over this.
I can hear it now, oh no, oh no-
Yeah my tongue will let it slip,
Why’d I do those things I did,
I can taste it now, oh no, oh no!
I’ll try my best, how much do I invest?
Like cardiac arrest, high voltage in her lips...

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Quite Possibly the Worst Son EverFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby had been under the false impression that organizing all his crap, packing what he wanted to take with him into boxes, and then getting the boxes from Evesham to London would be fairly simple. After all, he was a guy. How much stuff could he possibly have?

Collapsing onto the small 'stuff free' space on his bed, he stared at the mess that his room was. It'd been a mess to begin with, as it originally had been Uriel's room, and he'd moved into it when Uriel moved out, which had not been so long ago. Honestly, Eleazar was probably just glad he was no longer sharing a room with him. He had no idea if his younger brother was even home, actually, but if he was, the door to Toby and his old room was guaranteed to be closed.

He stared at Ronna. "I've made a terrible mistake," he proclaimed dramatically, staring at the ceiling. "There's no way in hell all of this stuff could ever fit in the flat. I'm gonna have to start throwing stuff out at random. Or something." He groaned and sat up, almost smashing his head into the wall. "Seriously, I-,"

He froze. Someone was coming in the house. Probably his da. Normally that didn't alarm him, but when you were with your girlfriend, it called for an immediate assessment of the situation. Had they been snogging before? He was pretty sure they had. Did he have lipstick on his face or neck? He hoped not. They both had their clothes on, he reassured himself. It wasn't like they'd been doing anything 'bad'-

He listened to the footsteps and sounds coming from downstairs, and paled. It was his mum who'd just come in, not his da. She must have gotten off shift early. ********. ******** ******** ********. "It's my mum," he muttered to Ronna. "Crap. I- s**t. I didn't really tell her- she knows I'm moving out, she just doesn't know that we were gonna-" He threw up his hands for a moment, trying to find the right words, pretty sure he was about to be in close proximity of two angry females. "She doesn't exactly know I'm moving in with you?" he phrased it like a question.

"Toby?" he heard his mother call. "Toby, are you home?"

Toby's gaze flitted to the window. If he jumped, would he survive the fall? Probably, but his mum was the resident healer. That might not end well. He fretted, while his mother called out his name again. He could hear her coming up the stairs.

"Yeah, Mum," he finally called, giving Ronna an apologetic, please don't kill me look. "I- I'm here."

"Well, what are you being so strange about?" She asked in amusement, pushing open the bedroom door, which had only been half closed to begin with. Then she blinked, and looked taken aback, green eyes moving from her son, half rising from the bed covered in things, to the young woman in the room. "Oh. Hello," she said slowly. "You must be Veronica. I've heard so much about you."

Toby looked like he wanted to die.

OOC:
mc2

My innards turn, your eyes roll.
I’ll be there to take the fall...
I can feel it now, oh no, oh no-
Same old story since day one!
But I've got no place to run!
I can see it now, oh no, oh no...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: Hoping to Escape

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ronna was leaning against the window sill in Toby's room, realizing with slight amusement, and perhaps a bit of horror that after they got his stuff to the apartment where her stuff already was the apartment would basically look like a giant bachelor pad over an apartment of two mature heterosexual adults who were dating. Maybe she'd borrow something pink or purple from Gypsy or Jess to add a 'feminine' touch. Though, she figured putting her batgirl figurine on the nightstand or whatever should count as girly. After all Barbra Gordon was the epitome of kick-arse girls. She glanced over at Toby as he dramatically fell to the part of his bed where he was saying he had made a terrible mistake and that there was no way all that could fit in the flat.

"You'd be surprised," Ronna said with a shrug, sitting down beside him in the relatively small open space, before Toby went on about tossing things out and stopping mid sentence. She raised a brow when Toby whispered it was his mum, which caused Ronna to pale. She hadn't wanted to meet his mother ever... or at least not any time soon. The idea filled her with dread and she was still confident the woman would hate her. After all her own mother the last time Ronna spoke to her... well Ronna had caused about a hundred pounds worth of dishes damage in some restaurant and Ronna had Carl threaten to give the woman a restraining order. It hadn't gone well when Ronna mentioned she wasn't going to uni and was just going straight into the work force in law enforcement after she graduated. The woman decided to accuse Ronna of 'being just like her father and wasting any of his potential and intelligence for some menial job' and that sort of job was just the type that 'end up with you shot and dead in some back alley'. At least Ronna hadn't snapped last summer and used magic? Alright, the woman divorced her father and she was similar to him, but that didn't exactly make her think she could win over mothers.

Her eyes widened and then narrowed when he went on to explain his mother didn't even know he was moving in with her. "You what?!" Ronna screeched shrilly as, presumably his mother called for him. She had jumped off the bed and backed to the window, obviously looking horrified and shaking her head 'no' as Toby opened his mouth to answer. She was mouthing something about him sleeping on the couch for the next week and he wasn't getting anywhere near even snogging her, let alone them shagging in that time, and it might go even longer... when Toby actually answered causing Ronna to hiss, "Toby, you son of a b***h I..."

Ronna paused horrified at that moment, as she had thought of apparating a woman pushed open the door and looked from Toby then to Ronna. "No-offense-to-you-of-course-Mrs.Walsh," Ronna said quickly in regards to calling Toby a son of a b***h, and then she turning bright red as Cora Walsh said slowly her name and then that she heard so much about her, Ronna pondered exactly how rude it was to apparate and suddenly started to ramble, flustered, "I mean, I am sure I'm more of the son of a b***h than probably Toby is-well I'm a girl so daughter-... and I... um... yeah, and uh hi? I..."

She burried her face in her hands and said, "I... um, yeah, Toby said no one was going to be home yet. I can..." She looked up and gave a nervous half smile and pointed to the window, "I can leave now... so I don't...um...bother you or anything?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 pm
Hold up, hold on, don't be scared.
You'll never change what's been and gone.
'Cause all of the stars are fading away...
Just try not to worry; you'll see them some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Former GryffindorSt. Mungo's HealerPurebloodMother

Cora almost felt sorry for her son. Almost. Though she was generally more reserved than her boisterous husband, she was still a Gryffindor through and through. She saw him, a girl, and a lot of boxes and half packed things. She could put two and two together. She'd assumed he'd been planning on moving out, but he'd neglected to tell her he'd be moving in with his girlfriend, the girlfriend she hadn't even met yet. "So you are moving in together, then?" she asked rather bluntly, just to get that out of the way.

"Mum..."

"Tobias, answer the question," she cut off the beginning of his whine, and he nodded, before looking guiltily over at Ronna. Cora wanted to roll her eyes- he was like a small child that'd been caught stealing candy. Her eighteen year old son, forever mentally eight. She leaned against the door frame, wondering if she should cross her arms or put her hand on her hips, but her son's girlfriend looked mortified enough.

She stared at the window, then back at the young woman. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd rather the neighbors not see a girl climbing out of my son's window," she said dryly, then decided she might as well try a smile. She was exhausted from her shift at the hospital, she really wanted a shower and some food, and this was not what she'd necessarily wanted to come home to, but better to deal with it now then later. If Toby was moving in with this girl, whom he'd barely mentioned to her, then things had to be pretty serious, at least on his side. There was no sense in picking a fight with a teenager who might end up being her daughter in law one day. Not that she was ready to be a mother in law. Oh no. Not for a long time.

She stepped forward and extended her hand to the girl, while shooting Toby a look. "It's very good to finally meet you, Veronica- or do you prefer Ronna?" She'd heard Jess refer to the girl as such, at the very least. Cora then realized she was at a loss as to what to say. Maybe it was because she was tired, but what should she say? "I hope you know you're welcome over here any time." She felt like she had to say it. She just hoped she wouldn't regret it.

OOC:
mc2

Get up, come on, why're you scared?
You'll never change what's been and gone.
We're all of us stars; we're fading away.
Just try not to worry, you'll see us some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx
Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: Hoping to Escape

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Ronna narrowed her eyes at Toby as Cora began to interrogate him about the living arrangements and finally gave in with a guilty nod. Oh, how Ronna could just kill him right now. He not only had end up leading her into a death trap of mortification with his mother but he had made sure it was one by never mentioning they were moving in together. Though, now that Ronna thought about it, the woman did seem the type to show up at her door to interrogate her if she had known. Ugh... at least she would have known what to expect with her Dad if he was still alive, and Carl was predictably calm about the whole thing. Why couldn't it have been Toby's father to have been the one to walk in? Father figures, Ronna could handle that, or was fairly confident she could. Hell, she grew up around that type long enough.

"I could just apparate?" Ronna suggested quietly, folding her arms behind her back and giving a nervous smile before looking away and biting her lip, tapping the tip of her boot on the floor. That was when Cora stepped forward and held out a hand to her and said it was good to finally meet her and inquired about her name. "I prefer Veronica but..." She shrugged, taking Cora's hand, trying to steady her nerves, "I'm sort of stuck with Ronna, better than Ron or Ronnie which I still get from Carl-um he's my lawyer... I inherited him as a guardian from my Dad. Long story."

She rolled her eyes and paused realizing she was rambling, "Anyways... um nice to meet you and thank-you for the invitation... but..." She paused, putting her arm back behind her back. Ronna couldn't help but wonder what was the use of magic if she couldn't just aparate away and get away with it? She better not have to make the apartment unplotable. Though now that she thought about it she wasn't sure if apartments could be made unplotable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items