Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Well… maybe. He didn't want to just assume that his sentiment would be appreciated, knowing Asch, but he kind of hoped so given how entirely disrespectful he felt about the whole ordeal. The inquiry after the reason behind his absence from the funeral drew a light sigh and another failure to change his expression into any kind of smile. He just couldn't force himself to feel lighthearted about the subject. "I couldn't handle it," he said, leaning against the rail. His voice carried an unintended weight of shame. "I panicked and passed out."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:24 pm
The water sprayed up the side of the boat lightly, misting the chilled air for a brief moment, Rosie rubbed her hand over her arm, though she didn't look away from Luke, giving him her full attention. A topic like this, deserved that.
her head lifted slightly in surprise when she heard he had passed out after panicking. And it made her feel terrible, imagining how he might have felt to cause that. She didn't think she even could... not to that extent.
"I'm sorry." Speaking after a pause. "It must have been really hard... I-"
She tilted her head "You just weren't ready?"
Knowing of course how that was... "Funerals always happened far far too soon... Its hard to adjust to it."
Its like there isn't any time to breath before you're burring your loved one in the grown.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 pm
He considered offering some reply about how he could conceive no place or time where he would ever be ready to face that, but he decided against it, instead offering one small, stiff nod in agreement with her words.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm
Rosie lifted and arm, reaching over to take his arm, in a half hug. She didn't say anything for a while, just watching the water, and trying to be any semblance of support she could.
Even for her, knowing what to say in times like this just wasn't easy. "When you feel ready, you'll go see him." She said quietly. Looking back over to him.
"But you don't have to rush yourself. and if you ever need to talk... you know we'll listen."  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm
The prospects of the future were terrifying; it felt as though at any moment any of his friends would be violently ripped away, as though it was a waste of time to try and pick himself up since it was only a matter of time before the next tragedy bowled him over again. It was near impossible to imagine a world where all that fear had at last subsided, but in that moment in Rosie's company, her touch gently supporting what was left of his spirit, he desperately wanted to hope that such a world was possible. Believing in that hope despite himself, he drew a small, steadying breath and raised his voice to resume the song he had earlier abandoned - more quietly than before, perhaps, and with a tint to his features that indicated he probably wasn't entirely accustomed to something like this, but with all the conviction of wanting to convey a gratitude that went beyond simple words.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm
She expected to stand there as long as need be, Just stand there with her friend, one arm on his, the other draped across the railing as more mist kicked up from the ocean below.
She reached a hand out to feel the water, when the silence between them was gently interrupted by a unexpected voice.
Her head perked up, and looked over at him when she realized that he had started singing again.

This moved her, not just the voice, not just the melody of the song or the beautiful language, but the act itself.
Not a few moments ago he had been embarrassed to even be reminded of the fact that he had been singing allowed, and yet, now he was singing again, knowing very well that she was there.
His and his brother's song from when they were young.

The girl said nothing to interrupt the song, bowing her head as the moment took over her emotionally, and for the time she just bathed in the fact that her friend was trusting her enough to do this, something so personal to Luke.
Holding onto Luke, and losing herself in the song.  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 pm
His voice gained confidence as he continued and the world failed to implode around due to his singing - or whatever arbitrary catastrophe he might have expected to result. He invested and intensified more of his emotions, all of the thoughts that would fizzle and die out on his tongue were he to try to pronounce them through conventional means. Eventually the melody achieved its natural conclusion, leaving in its wake the awkward silence of a young noble too flustered to as much as look in the general direction of his company.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm
Rosie let out a shuttering breath when the song ended, lifting her free hand to her face, and clasping her hand over her mouth.
He sang, and the most open display of his feelings. something he wasn't usually partial too.

"Oh my gosh." She barely said in a whisper, lifting her head back up, She was on the verge of tears, though her face didn't carry sadness or pain from being moved so deeply. "Thank you so much."

She let out a light laugh to express her happiness, though the song had left her feeling calm and content.
"What is it about? I don't understand the words, do they tell a story?"  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 pm
He looked to her in mild alarm when he failed to identify the sounds she produced as happy ones, so the expression he found in her features was relieving to see - as was it immensely warming. He turned back towards the water abruptly, his head tucked downward and a hand moving idly through his hair. "It doesn't have an exact meaning," he answered, maintaining a forward-facing gaze. "Apparently the words are a part of a kind of musical scale. These days it's used as a lullaby." He had his own idea about the meaning of the song as a whole, but his previous embarrassment still lingered; he didn't have the willpower to add more to that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm
"Ohh" she cooed quietly in interest, finding the history of the song to be very interesting. Also learning that the current use for it to be a lullaby, appropriate.
Her smile softened a little, thinking of a mother singing it to her red haired child.
No doubt, this was where the lullaby was from.

Mother and Lullaby's just seemed to go hand in hand.

"Thats the best kind of song though, leaving it up for interpretation~" she rocked onto her heels a few times. her hand opening again to catch more mist from the ocean.
"Do you think... it would be okay if I asked you to teach it to me someday?" She asked, though politely. "I understand if not, that sounds like a special song." Rosie held her hand up "and trust me, I get that better then aanyone."  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:43 pm
"Sure," he said, nodding mildly, "if you want." A pause, and then he added, at a lower volume, "After everything you've done for me, teaching some lyrics isn't even the least I can do."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm
She perked up, pleased that he would be okay teaching her. It was such a beautiful song.
a tilt of her head, followed her reply. "You've always been there for me when I needed you. Even when I didn't expect it, you're always looking out for me, for everyone." She giggled a little, nudging him again. "I think its safe to say that its become kind of a part of our life style at this point." her expression pulled up into one of momentary thought, and she nodded again, a blush over her cheeks as she smiled brightly again. "Yup."  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 am
He exhaled lightly, wearing a face that at looked as though at another time it might have become a smile. "Feels a little unbalanced after this past while. Everyone's been looking out for me, and I've just kind of been hanging on…" His eyes lowered unconsciously, his expression increasing in gravity despite a gentle tone, "I'm glad you and Sera came, and that Yuri was there." Or else I would be dead right now. The thought turned his stomach.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:29 pm
Rosie's head shook slowly, not feeling that there was any imbalance. She didn't think that way anyway, if a friend needed help, help them, she couldn't ever ask anything in return for something like that, and would never expect it.
"Just keep hanging on." She smiled quietly. "Don't worry about it. At all. That's what friends are for, yeah?"

tucking one side of her hair behind her ear, she tilted her head, Hearing that Luke was glad they came just made the trip that much more worth it, even though it couldn't get much better, now they had Luke and were going home.
"We were worried when we didn't hear from you, or answer any texts. So of course we had to come, to make sure you were okay at the very least... I'm glad that you had Yuri here with you at least. He's a good person."  

League Trainer Rosie

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:12 pm
He stared in absent silence for a time before offering a small nod and a quiet "thanks." He felt useless just standing around being miserable, and it was easy to forget without reminding himself constantly that his friends didn't mind supporting him. It was difficult to avoid feeling like any more than a burden.

Mention of unreceived messages reminded him that he hadn't powered on his 'dex since retrieving it from his father's study, and he pulled the device from his pocket and pressed the switch to activate it. "Honestly I feel like I need to apologize to Yuri," he said. "All I did was give him a hard time…" His voice trailed off as the screen off his 'dex illuminated and displayed the dozens, dozens of concerned messages his friends had sent during his stay in Grande Ile. The next thing he was distinctly aware of was the heat of tears in his eyes and on his cheeks. He'd nearly killed himself. These people cared that much about him and he had plainly tried to throw that away. He raised a hand to clear his eyes with a shuddering breath, "Sorry, I…"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff