Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 am
She had been there when he jumped, but then she was not, and the clone landed with a thud and another pop as the illusion broke, and he blinked in confusion. He twisted his head to look up at her. "Zor?"

"The hell's this about?" Sera asked, her arms folded over her chest as Jacques rolled over on the grass until he was next to Isabella. The Absol gave him a reproachful look that clearly conveyed her acute displeasure with his poor behavior, but he merely snickered at her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:09 am
Ray just watched the Zoroark with amusement, before addressing Sera. "Alright alright, I guess you guys will need more of a visual demonstration then being told."
Ray took a few steps forward, looking over at Double Stripe "DS! Go ahead and take up the trainer's box!" She called to him.
As the Snake made his way over, Ray looked back to them.
"You're going to trade roles, This is going to show each of you the role that your partner had to play, and hopefully you'll understand why its so important."
Ray gestured for Sera to step forward. "Sera, come toward me, and face me int he same way a pokemon would in a battle. As for you two" Ray looked over toward the pokemon. "Both of you, stand in the "Trainer Box" or the position the trainer would take during a battle."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:13 am
It was obvious that the three of them were still confused by the directions, but Jacques bounded over opposite of Double Stripe, while Isabella looked to Sera. The brunette looked back at her a moment or two before gesturing her hand without raising it in a 'go on' motion, so the Absol huffed at the strange instructions before she padded over to join her teammate.

Sera then turned and gave Ray an incredibly dubious look, "What the hell is this gonna do?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 am
"giiive me a second now." Ray said at the girl's impatience, not surprised by her complete and utter doubt in the women "I'm going to explain"
She rose her voice again, so that she could be heard clearly.
"Now, You two. You both are standing where the trainer would be."
She held her arms out wide, indicating the distance between each side. "You'll noticed that your view of the battle is easily shifted quite a distance in either direction."

Ray looked to Sera next, her arms still wide. "While you-" Her and closed in further, showing a significantly smaller distance. "How well can you see to the sides, or behind you?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am
What if she didn't want to wait a second? What if she wanted this whole thing to be over right now? Instead she sighed and tapped her foot. At Ray's question, Sera frowned and turned her head in either direction, then behind her briefly. "Well it's not too terrible, I just have to turn around to see everything." How was this even relevant to being stronger or anything. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am
A wide smirk spread across Ray's face, as both hands lifted up into the air. The smirk that spelled trouble.

Something darted from the trees to the back right of Sera, our of her purifier vision, but easily spotted by the two pokemin if they were paying attention. the small brown ball dived into the scene and bounced off the back of Sera's shoulder.

Impact squeaked angrily and flapped around behind the girl before flapping off to rejoin Rayan, who held her arm out for the Zubat.
"Did you see that?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 am
Sera had not expected anything like that at all, and thus almost fell over when the Zubat hit her shoulder, and she whirled around to aim an indignant look at Ray as if she had specifically told the pokemon to do it despite not hearing any such command. "The ******** was that about?! Of course I didn't see it!"

Isabella looked annoyed as well, while Jacques had fallen over laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 am
"Oh I know!" Ray burst out in a smile "Or you would have at least tried to get out of the way."
She gestured to the pokemon with her free arm, while Impact hung from her other. "They saw it though. didn't you two?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am
"Well duh I would have," the girl said, clearly not getting whatever Ray was hinting at, however of the two pokemon indicated, Isabella was the only one to respond with a small nod. Jacques was still rolling around in the grass, snickering.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 am
Ray's smile softened, and she gave a wink to the Absol at her reply.
The tall women walked forward, closing the distance between Sera and the two pokemon. "As the trainer, you stand in a position that gives you a wide and complete view of the battle zone." She explained, once again pointing out the aria. "You see the land, you see your partner, your opponent pokemon, and your opponent trainer. While where your pokemon is standing, they can only see half, sometimes nothing of what you see in the battle. You should know, you've experienced it first hand."
She waved her arm where Impact hung squawking indignantly.
"As the trainer, you need to be aware of what is going on in the battle, and be able to reply that information to your partner in a clear, and quick manner."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 am
Isabella merely blinked a little confusedly at the strange human's wink.

Sera raised a brow at this and folded her arms over her chest, clearly still too annoyed about the Zubat to really put much effort in understanding whatever Ray was telling her. "And how do you suggest I do that, hm?" She asked, blatant sarcasm lacing her voice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 am
"With lots of practice, training, studying, and most importantly, Star child." Ray leaned loomed over Sera as she leaned in again, giving an emphasis to this next comment. "By paying... attention." the tall women tapped her own forehead, and arching her eyebrows.
"There is so much that you can notice, by just observing, and by knowing your partners."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm
The brunette continued to keep that single brow raised, honestly showing how much she appreciated the advice.

She did not.

She also did not appreciate the 'star child' comment. The hell did that even mean?

"Alright miss hippie chick," she replied, shifting her weight to her other foot and jutting her hip out, "is that all?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 pm
At the girl's comment, the tall women crossed her arms, her brow furrowed slightly with a half frown on her face.
"is that all." She repeated "Is that all? are you serious?"
Ray gesture "alright then, explain what i just taught you." She said with a gesture of her hand. "go on."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 pm
"That was all because you made it seem like there was a lot more to it or something, like some huge secret," Sera said with an impatient gesture. "And now you're telling me I just have to look at stuff and practice. I know that."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff