Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:08 pm
Se blinked at the girl, her cheeks turning red. "I mean... I wouldn't do it just for fun, but with everything that's happened lately, and with Team Rocket being such a threat her, it just... Would be wise to train a team..."

She offered an embarrassed grin. "I don't even know where to start though...Sparky's my only fighter, and he hasn't fought in I don't know how long..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm
Rosie's eyebrows twitched up suddenly, a look of concern on her face at what tori had said. Team Rocket was of course a threat, but generally people never understood how much of one they could be until they were personally impacted. Its what lead Rosie into the fight, and what keeps her there.
"I've never heard you talk about Team Rocket before... Did something happen? did you have an incident with one?"
Her voice was level, still kind, but reaching a very serious tone.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm
The look the blonde gave her sobered her more than she already had been. "Oh, no, um...I haven't personally, but I'd...I'd really rather be prepared if anything does happen."

She looked to the girl, remembering the word's in Asch's letter to Luke, the memories stabbing at her conscious yet again. Did she know her sister was involved...? Surely not.... oh, surely not... She wouldn't bring it up. There was no way she could do such a thing, and she had certainly had enough of bearing the bad news in the past few weeks...

"I know a few people who are part of it though. Asch listed them in his letter to Luke, and...I've run into two people I know now that are Rockets that I didn't know were then. Nothing happened, but I don't know how I feel about continuing to try to make it here without having something to protect my team. Home was dangerous enough with Team Galactic, but where I was in life then, I didn't have to worry as much. I'm not foolish enough to think that they're--" She motioned to her pokemon, Lovey playing in the grass and Sparky still watching the others,--safe if I don't train them. There's no telling where I would be if I lost them..." In the most plain truth, they were her only close friends in the region...maybe ever.

She hesitated a moment. "And maybe if they're strong enough someday, we can help? Like with Mieu... I'm sure there are other people on the island that would love to see Team Rocket fall. I can't imagine trying to help out now, but..you've got to start somewhere, right? If building up my team is what it takes... I'll try."

She paused, thinking back over her words, then laughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry! It's just been on my mind, with everything else... I didn't meant to bombard you with everything at once."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 pm
Rosie straightened her posture, not saying anything as she watched Dove as the women explained her thoughts and situation.
Though her eyebrows did arch when she had mentioned that she knew some Rockets, and that Asch's letter had listed some Rocket names.

When she finished Rosie shook her head. "Those are very good reasons, there isn't anything to be sorry about with that."

She glanced over at Vahy'n for a moment, Knowing very well why she was doing what she was doing.
"If we can hold off more bad things happening, even if its just for a few people, it's worth it." Rosie turned back to Dove, walking over to her. "I think its a good idea to at least know how to defend yourself, and your pokemon if it should ever come to it. I just hope that even if you are ready you won't have to be faced with anything like this. They are very dangerous."

She looked concerned, but hopeful, She knew it would be important to be strong, but it was hard... This life, it was scary, and Rosie didn't think people should have to live like that.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 pm
She nodded in agreement with Rosie's words, her hand falling to her arm and rubbing in absently. "I never really had the chance to go on a journey like I've heard about...I did travel a little with... a friend, and he did the whole league thing, but... I never really tried. I want to though. Especially if it means I can help."

She knew it sounded silly, for a twenty year old woman to know next to nothing about pokemon training. Coordinating she was fine at, good, maybe. But training her team to defend themselves, or even others...

"I don't even know where to begin, though."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm
"Well... if you're serious then, firstly you'll want to get registered, you can do that at any of the League locations, like a Pokemon center, that's the best place. And well, read a lot. Reading up on Pokemon is the best way to get started, and then from there its mostly just experience. You learn by doing, by winning and losing and just practicing."

Rosie crossed one leg in front of the other, as she though about any other advice she could give. "The League is full of information, and of trainers who you can learn a lot from."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm
"I've done the reading, and I've been registered as a coordinator for years, but..." her brows furrowed, and she looked to her feet as she dug her toe into the ground. "I don't know, the whole gym thing... Is that the best way to go about it, though? I don't really care to compete for badges so much as just keep my team safe and strong..."

She laughed again, tucking her hair back. "Maybe I should figure out how to catch pokemon first? Since I have a team of only two?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 pm
Rosie looked a little surprised when Dove said she had done training reading,
"Well, if you did reading on training then you've already got a good start going, just take what you read and start practicing it. You can't get better till you start~"

"Don't stress too much about how many pokemon you have when you start out. for the first year I was with the league I only had two pokemon." she smiled "Don't stress about it okay, you're going to start somewhere and its ganna be hard, but you'll get the hang of it."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm
She listened carefully to what Rosie had to say, blushing a little at the surprised look on her face when she admitted to having read up on the subject. With so much time on her hands, and a new desire to learn, paired with her already present love of reading, she had started into things, curious, but well aware she was only scratching the surface. She would definitely need to talk to someone with experience. "You're a successful trainer. Where did you start? By registering and collecting badges?"

At his trainers words, Sparky came closer to her, curious, though stoic as always. He sat back on his haunches next to her, and watched as she turned to greet him and inspect his wrappings.

Dove frowned at the bandages, then pulled a roll of fresh medial tape from her bag. With a sigh, she added quietly, "I just don't want this kind of thing to happen again..." Sparky was her only fighter. Maybe if she had another one or two at the time, this wouldn't have happened.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm
"Well, I don't know about that... I work hard but I've still got a long way to go. I just... Started, We went to Hoenn, since Kodo was at a very dangers time, and just started traveling, started battling, training, and learning."
She smiled at them mention on Gym battles.
"Gym battles are actually a more advanced method of training, I've been training for close to two years now and I only have three badges, They're meant to be a huge challenge. so I wouldn't worry about Gyms too much right now.
But you will want to get registered as a trainer, the Coordinator and Trainer systems are pretty different."

Blue eyes watched the other women as she bent down to tend to her Pokemon's wound, blinking a couple of times at what she said.
"... I don't want to scare you Dove... but if you don't want your pokemon to get hurt, then maybe... maybe you shouldn't take up training, least of all in Kodo..." She said, hesitantly, with a great deal of worry and regret.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm
She stayed quiet this time, working on the bandaging and taking great care in her work, though she worked with ease. In a matter of moment's, Sparky's arm was newly wrapped, and he butted her shoulder as he rose again to full height to tower next to them.

"Maybe I'll do a little more research, then..." she told Rosie, patting Sparky's belly. The look he gave her in return made her giggle, though her words were serious. "I just want them to be able to protect themselves, hopefully protect others. Sparky can usually handle the things we've come across, but when you get surrounded by thirty people and only have one battle pokemon, it kind of...wakes you up a little."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm
Rosie nodded in agreement, and offered a gentle smile. She knew what happened with Dove and Luke, Sera had explained it to her, it must have been terrifying.

"I understand, and its a good idea. Take a look into it, if you ever want to join me while I'm out training you're welcome to, to see if its something you'll want to keep up with."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm
She nodded and offered a small smile, though it faded as she turned to survey the fields again. "That would be...really great, Rosie," she said distantly, as though she were loosing herself in thought.

After a few moments, she took a deep breath, then turned back to the girl, ready to change the subject. "So...can I meet your team?" she asked brightly, a hopeful smile across her face.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 pm
"Any time~" Rosie returned with a warm smile.

Rosie looked over to her pokemon, watching as they relaxed, scattered around the field.
At Dove's request, Rosie looked over and smile. "Oh, Sure~ They would love to meet you too. I mean, you already met Vahy'n and Kiss Kiss."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 pm
She smiled brightly, and moved further into the fields, moving slowly so as to not disturb any of their playing. "Yes, and I think I've 'met' your rapidash.... or...one of them, sort of," she noted, blinking at their colorations. "They're so unique..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff