Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:14 pm
"So he's been trained before?" From the sound of it, she was pretty new at training, so he could only assume that someone else had trained the Pokemon before? Well it didn't really matter all that much.

Her question though didn't seem to surprise him all that much. "Not so strange, actually. You're not the first person to ask." Sera and Rosie had both asked about his friendship with Yuri as well.

"But yes, we grew up together in Grande Ile."  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 pm
A pause before her answer. "Yeah... My ex was in charge of keeping him trained," she told him, her voice quiet under the sound of the waves. It wasn't particularly her favorite memory.

When he spoke again, however, she lifted her head to listen more attentively, nodding a he told her she hasn't been the first to ask. "You grew up together? Really? How old were you?" How old even was he? And if the had grown up together, did that mean his life had been as simple as Yuri's had been? She didn't know much, but from the few times they had reminisced, she had gathered that Yuri had grown up poor, yes, but happy. She couldn't help but wonder if Flynn had shared that happiness... It was an intriguing thought.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm
Flynn rubbed a hand through his hair as he tried to think. "Actually, I've known Yuri for as long as I can remember," he eventually admitted. He couldn't remember how old he was.

"Since he didn't have any parents, he was raised by several people in the Lower Quarter to keep him out of an orphange. My family was one of them that helped."

The information was a little personal, but he knew his friend wouldn't mind. Yuri had no problems answering questions like that himself.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:54 pm
She listened attentively, smiling as he ruffled his hair. However, as he continued speaking her smile faded, expression sobering. "I dont think i knew that..." there was so much she didn't understand about him, and now... She wasn't sure she'd ever have the opportunity.

Her eyes serious, she searched Flynn's face for any sign he might offer toward his feelings on the matter, knowing that it was personal and it didn't have to continue...

"So you guys are like brothers, then?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 pm
The fact that Yuri was an orphan was common knowledge where they were from, so that didn't really matter. Although nobody knew why he was an orphan or what happened to his parents.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Flynn said with a smile. And like brothers, they had sometimes fought too.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:23 pm
Though the new information wasn't lighthearted, she couldn't help but smile when Flynn did. She nodded, then again reached to stroke Lovey as the eevee blinked into awareness.

"I'm sure you two had a blast together... He seems like a really good friend to have. You're lucky to have him," she told him, looking out now to the ocean. "He was actually the first person I met, when I came to the island." She smiled a little distantly at the memory. "He's been a real...lifesaver, in a lot of ways..."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 pm
Flynn laughed lightly, his smile broadening. "You're right."

He was lucky to have a friend like Yuri, but he didn't need to be told that. They had been through a lot together.

"I'm glad to hear that. I don't always agree with his decisions, but Yuri is a good person."  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm
"He is," she agreed, still looking away. "He's definitely-- from what I can tell anyway-- someone who can get in and get the job done."

Her brows furrowed a little as she recalled the events in the warehouse, how little hesitation the man had shown when defending his-- at the time-- friends. Taking a deep breath, she turned back to Flynn. "You two have been through a lot, haven't you? I can't imagine you not having a story or two." He obviously didn't have to tell her anything, of course. She was, however, curious to see if Yuri's actions were a constant.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 pm
Flynn's brow furrowed slightly at Dove's words and the way in which she said them, and the expression she held. He couldn't help but find that a bit odd.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

And while they had been through a lot and there were stories, Flynn was more interested in the question he'd just given.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:39 pm
She turned her gaze to him, then bit her lip, looking to Lovey as the eevee crawled into her lap. With a moment to think, she stayed quiet, then looked up once more, her eyes sad, scared, uneasy though she tried to keep her emotions in check. "I mean..." She shrugged a little, then looked away again. "He just does what he can, swift and readily. It's like he doesn't have to think about anything before acting."

She shook her head. "I don't know how, and I'm...not sure I agreed fully with how things happened, but...he saved us once, by not hesitating."

She still wasn't sure what the emotional impact had been on the long haired man, and she didn't know if she would ever find out. What she did know, however, was that he had saved her and Luke, that he had been swift in thinking, and that she was likely about to get herself--and him-- in trouble with an officer.

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 pm
Now Flynn was really getting concerned. Dove's words and body language easily indicated that something bad had happened, and that Yuri had been involved. There was a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he wondered what his friend had gotten himself involved in this time.

"Sometimes I wish he would..." think about his actions a bit more that is. Yuri could be reckless and impulsive, but never seemed to regret his decisions either.

"What happened?" Flynn then asked gently, noticing that this seemed to be a sensitive topic. "If you don't mind my asking."  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 pm
She stayed quiet, fighting not to curl in on herself as she tried to remember what had happened and searched for a way to word things carefully. If he knew Yuri as well as he seemed to, he would fill in the blanks himself, and the story wasn't only her own... She wasn't even sure how Flynn would react to it, and to be the one to get Yuri in trouble again...

"We were kidnapped... Luke and I... by a group of thugs," she finally said quietly. "I just kind of happened, and Yuri happened to see us when they were taking us away, and he...." He face went blank for a few minutes, and she swallowed hard. "...he saved us."  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:20 pm
One would think that someone would be happy telling of how someone had rescued them. Thus Flynn continued to find it odd over how Dove was reacting.

"I see..." Flynn said quietly.

However, he had a feeling there was more to it than that. But, he also knew it would be best not press her. So he decided not to ask further unless she decided to continue of her own volition.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:30 pm
She looked to him as he quieted, her expression turning apologetic. "I'm sorry, It was just kind of... a shocking turn of events. I mean, it turned out okay, in the end, for the most part, but...it was terrifying while it was happening. I'm still not even sure how Yuri was able to do what he did. He's a very strong man..." Emotionally and physically.

Despite her hesitancy in telling Flynn how things had happened, she had calmed a lot since the tragedy. However, the memories still burned.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm
Flynn shook his head. "You don't have to apologize. I'm glad he was able to help you."

Though inwardly he sighed a little. He had a feeling his friend had been getting himself into more trouble than he had realized.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff