Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Point A to Point B Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 pm
Ray put her hands on her hips, chuckling when Sera walked over to them in a seething puffy display of words, something that the boy next to her was lacking completely.
"Alright, silent one and loud mouth. both of you shut up and listen up." She spoke with a chuckle.
Explaining the basics of the compass didn't take very long, showing the two of them how to locate where they were on the map, as well as where their destination was.
Lining the edge of the compass along the point A, to point B

"And once its lined up, check this out..." Seeming pretty excited about this next bit, ray swiveled the outside dial of the compass so that the north marker lined up with the needle.
With that complete Ray splayed her fingers out and pulled them back. "And there you go! keep the needle with in the lining of the north marker, and we walk in the direction that arrow is pointing us. It will take us in the direction of Sagestone." Looking Triumphant the women put both fists on her hips, smirking down at the two tiny humans beings in front of her. "Did you two get all that? Pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and you'll be getting a lot of practice for this trip."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:06 pm
As Ray explained to them about the compass and the map, Sera's gaze and attention both wandered to anything and everything else. How much she missed her bed (tiny and annoying though it was), how much she wanted coffee right now, how much she wanted at least five more hours of sleep, how much she did not want to be up and walking around and conscious at six in the morning...

Oh, yes, of course she got that - got that it was a load of bullshit, that is. Ugh.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 pm
Luke listened more attentively than Seraphine - given, though, that that didn't necessarily mean much - and nodded at the end of the explanation, more or less grasping the gist of it. Didn't seem too difficult. He regarded the map once more to put the information to use, although… "It's pretty much a straight shot to Sagestone, right? We just have to stay between the mountains and the shoreline." It looked practically impossible to get lost from the paper.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 pm
Ray let out a soft breath but nodded in agreement to what Luke had said "Yeah, this trip won't be nearly as challenging as it could be, but its a nice easy run to practice on anyway." Ray shrugged her shoulders fixing on him with a single mossy eye "Don't let this drop your guard though, don't always expect a journey to go so simple, you don't know what could go wrong to pull us off path. So long as you pay attention, keep our distance traveled, intended direction and distinct landmarks in mind at all time."

She gave Luke a wide grin, patting the map where the Mountains were, "Glad you're already paying attention to landmarks though."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 pm
True enough; it looked like a perfectly straight shot, but the fact that the trip would take days to complete couldn't be overlooked. Add to that the fact that it was the same mountain range that had once sunk him deep into an underground tunnel completely unprovoked and there was definitely potential for things to be more complicated than they looked on paper. Hopefully things wouldn't get to be quite that complicated.

He nodded and voiced a quiet "okay" at the reminders, encouraged by the slight praise - though he mentally frowned on the realization that responses like that were probably part of the reason people still referred to him as a kid.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 pm
The women stepped back, gesturing with a hand onward to the start of their journal "Alright Luke, lead the way." She told him, turning where she stood to glance over at Sera, as Double stripe slipped up along side Rayan and Luke, Large green eyes peering high over Ray over the two younger humans.

Ray could have told you the second she had lost Sera's attention during the explanation of the compass, It had not been very far into it in fact, if she had even held it at all.
"You see! People can learn from me, When they pay attention." she told Sera pointedly with a chuckle, patting Luke's shoulder once before gesturing everyone to start moving, hanging back to step in stride with Yuri, expecting Sera to join Luke as he lead them on.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Sera pointedly rolled her eyes at the taller woman before wordlessly following after Luke. It was too early for this. Too early to deal with this batshit insane woman. Too early to not have coffee. Why did everything suck today? Ugh.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 pm
There was a brief moment of anxiety over suddenly being thrust into a position of leadership towards an unfamiliar destination before he remembered that 1.) that was the point and 2.) it was almost literally a straight shot, so he dismissed the feelings and moved forward with relative confidence. He couldn't dismiss the distinct feeling of discomfort, however, that came from knowing that Seraphine was perfectly uncomfortable, and he regarded her apologetically as she joined him, "Sorry. I thought maybe you'd have more fun with it if we all went together…" Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to have encouraged her in the first place.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm
A brief distressed look crossed her face at Luke's words and the sudden realization that her behavior and overall distaste for their company and the time of their departure had upset her friend, and she quickly shook her head. "No, no, it's not that," she corrected quickly, then raised a hand to rub at her eyes. She hadn't even had time to put on hardly any make-up, not that it really mattered outside where it was gross and dirty. The action had been an attempt to wake her up a little more, though it was entirely fruitless, so she dropped the hand with a sigh. "M'just tired," she admitted. "I didn't have any time to get any coffee before we left, either. I haven't seen 6am in like, a year, and even then we never got along very well." Ever.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 pm
Luke frowned lightly, being too thoroughly acquainted with feelings of tiredness. He usually just persevered, though, so he wasn't sure what kind of solutions most other people would undertake - save for the already suggested coffee, which he had no way to provide. "Is there anything else that could help you wake up a little?" She knew her own susceptibilities better than he did, after all.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 pm
While Luke's lack of sleep was attributed to nightmares, Sera's was due to her own procrastination on going to bed the night before, and being woken much too early this morning. With a soft hum that sounded more displeased than thoughtful, she finally shook her head, "Not much of anything out here, no." The middle of a path had no coffee nor nice long, warm showers. Here just had dirt and grass and one of her best friends, and two people that annoyed the s**t out of her. Nope, nothing to wake her up more.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:21 pm
While Ray hung back with Yuri, she couldn't help but snatch some of what the kids were saying up ahead "If you get to the first mile mark on the map, and correctly identify it on the map, I'll give you some coffee."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm
Sera turned to give a pointed glare at Ray, "You don't even have any coffee."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:43 pm
The width of Ray's smirk only grew, surprisingly so. "I've been doing this for years, I have a thermal in my bag, that I got ready becasue I got up early enough." She held a hand up "Yes, I have coffee."

It was up to her if she wanted to believe Ray or not, either way, it was Ray's coffee, she was going to get some for herself regardless.
"By the way." She spoke again, this time looking over at Yuri. "I've got some coffee for later if you want some."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:44 pm
The brunette huffed as she focused her gaze ahead after that, though she continued to walk with her arms folded, pointedly not looking at the map. She had no desire to give in to the woman's ploy to get her cooperation. That and she wasn't sure she wanted this b***h's thermos coffee anyway.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff