[FIN] World and Mind Through Darkness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:54 pm
Sparing his human one last glance, Jabari followed after the Gengar with an aggravated,

"What I...?" Eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not that you could really tell from behind his hair, it took a second for what the man said to actually make sense. "Well, I suppose I should clarify. I haven't tested on any living humans." He shrugged slightly before realizing that, wow...that probably didn't sound all that great. "I mean, I go down to the hospital morgue sometimes. My par-" He paused, fidgeting with the hem of his sleeves. He hated calling his parents....well, his parents. "...I know people who work there. So I can get in relatively easy without being bothered. Getting to the bodies is a different story though, I normally have to crawl through the air vents to get into the examining room while the morticians are out to lunch." He explained with a careless shrug. "But I need living cells to test the ointment on otherwise I can't be entirely sure if it's working. Though as I said before, for whatever reason people aren't too willing to let me test my medicines on them..."  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm
Bro' commended with a cheeky smirk. <'AIGHT! Here's th'deal bra, ya wanna graduate from punk tier, then lets pull this off, ya pick yer own rank.>

Both of Jerome's eyebrows arched at the boy's explanation, expecting something, but certainly wasn't expecting something like that. "******** boy." The gangster commented "Ya're pretty hard core 'bout all this s**t ain't ya."
He of course didn't miss that part where the kids avoided talking about his parents, Even though he ended up not saying it outright and changed his story.
"Where's a high city kid like ya' come 'round with ideas like that. riskin' the hood, sneakin' in with stiffs."
Jerome couldn't deny that it was strange, really strange, but Jerome couldn't actually judge, He's done his own share of strange things.
"How sure are ya bout this scar stuff?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm
Bristling, Jabari swiveled around until he was in front of the cheeky Gengar. He definitely liked the sound of that.

"Yes, I suppose you could say that I'm pretty ah...'hardcore' about herbalism and medicine in general." Zacharie said slowly, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. Nobody had really asked him about his interests, except for Jabari when something went wrong and his concoctions stank up the house. "I just...find the practice very intriguing." He admitted shyly, ducking his head in embarrassment. "And as I stated earlier it's very difficult for someone who doesn't have a license and isn't of legal age to acquire the more dangerous plants and instruments needed for more complex and possibly poisonous experiments." He supposed that was why he didn't push so hard to find living test subjects, a lot of his concoctions could be highly unstable and possibly deadly. He didn't particularly like the thought of killing people when he was trying to help.
"Ah...yes. I've been researching and working on this particular ointment for about a year. It's fairly simple since I'm certain it doesn't call for any of the poisonous parts of any of the needed plants....the only negative side effects I've noted are small rashes." He tapped his chin thoughtfully, "Though I suppose if there were other negative side effects I wouldn't know as my subjects are well...deceased."  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:50 pm
Being easily a good portion larger then the Shuppet, Bro' just smirked and kept right on going, practically bouncing the Shuppet forward with his belly as he continued to advance.

Breathing in the last of his cigarette, Jerome held and arm out to the side, eyes shifting down to the butt as he pinched it out and tossed it to the side.
"tricky s**t that illegal stuff." Jerome commented "Gatta be smart dealin' with that, or they catch ya. How old r'ya?"

It sounded like this kid was into some pretty serious stuff, as a member of a gang he dealt with his own share of illegal activity, drug dealing, stealing, sometimes worse, though it didn't sound much of anything like this kid was doing.
Expiramenting.
"Sounds like somethin' from Rocket." he added casually.
It really did though, he knew that Team Rockets had the labs, and the rumors about what kind of things went on down there. though he had never really gone out of his way to find out what. Jerome was not a scientist, nor would ever pretend to even know what this kid was talking about.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:45 pm
The Shuppet squeaked, hurriedly following behind the bigger pokemon.

"It's not that hard, as long as you know the layout of the building and know the schedule of the employees." The teen said with a slight shrug. It really wasn't a big deal, he'd been doing it for the past four years "Oh um, I'm seventeen." He said distractedly, his face turned down as he examined a weed poking out of a crack near his foot. "Rocket...like Team Rocket?" He asked, cocking his head slightly in confusion. "I've heard a little bit about them from some of the homeless people around here..." He said thoughtfully, bending down to inspect the weed.

Fully developed dandelion...he didn't particularly need anymore dandelion but it certainly didn't hurt to have extra. Rummaging through his satchel, the purple haired male pulled a small, empty jar from its depth. "Aren't they a criminal organization?" He asked curiously, gently plucking the weed out by its roots and tucking it into the jar. "I've heard that they take people for experimentation." He said, his tone disturbingly excited for someone talking about human experimentation.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm
Bro' cackled, slipping back around the building as he settled himself in the dead end, placing a hand on the wall. Bro clacked his teeth
Easy easy, it was a ghost specialty.

"Don't listen t' th'news much hm? Streets a good way t'learn bout rumors." Jerome ventured a guess. He knew that Rockets were a pretty big thing, though he wasn't surprised the he was picking it up off the street, the rumored presence of Team Rocket was what had set a panic and a number of gang wars to ignite.

furrowing his brow curiously as the boy reached down to pull up a weed from the ground. he refrained from crossing his arms as he stepped over to look down at what he was doing.
"ain't sure bout the human expiramentin' sure seems like it though."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 pm
Jabari scoffed, Rolling his eyes, he drifted around the side of the building until he came upon an open window. Inside he could hear the various humans arguing and talking, his mouth was practically watering. He muttered, attaching himself to the underside of the roof and taking in the negative emotions like a starving man. Which...I guess he was.

With the jar tucked securely back into his bag, Zacharie lifted his gaze back to the taller male....who was suddenly standing right above him. Letting out a startled squawk, the teen toppled over onto his butt and scrambled to put some distance between them. "What the hell, you...you idiot." He snapped, bring a hand up to clutch at his sweater vest above his heart. The organ was beating rapidly beneath his hand, as if it were trying to escape his chest. "No, I don't care much for the news unless it has to do with medical advancements." He muttered as turned his attention back to his bag to make sure he didn't break any of his finds. He didn't even bother getting off the ground though he felt the itch to jump up and make sure nothing was now staining his pants.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm
Something seemed to glint behind the Gengar's eye as he grinned darkly at the Shuppet, gesturing the little ghost into the building via the wall.
In a blink, Bro' went invisible, and drifted into the building through the side of the wall.

"Woh..." Jerome blinked when the kid suddenly jerked back and fell onto the ground. Kid didn't really pay much attention to his surroundings to be startled by Jerome when he just walked up.
"Cool it kid,"
Shaking dreadlocks out of his face he stood a step back, holding his hands up.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:47 pm
Frowning, Jabari turned invisible and drifted into the room. He was used to just sitting just outside the windows and feeding from there.

"...Just...make some noise or something next time, will you?" Zacharie grumbled as he picked himself up off the ground and dusted off the back of his pants. "Christ." He muttered as he lifted his eyes to the other male. "...I'm Zacharie Dubois, who're you?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest in a defensive gesture.

He still wasn't entirely sure what to make of the tattooed man, though he could admit to himself that...he definitely enjoyed the way that he was able to talk to him about his experiments. Even though it was obvious that the other had no idea what he was talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 pm
"Ain't promicin' that." Jerome replied, lowering his hands back to his side. "Bein' noisy round here could get ya shot, y'might wanna keep that n'mind yerself." He pointed out. Though Jerome knew he wasn't exactly very graceful himself, so he was surprised that he had startled the boy to begin with.
Glancing away when the kid started to his feet and brushed himself off.

"Tyron." The man grunted, dark eyes shifting back toward the kid "M'called Jerome though."
He had to stop and be a bit amused by the situation he was in, he was talking to a kid, who openly admitted to doing illegal stuff with medicines of some kind, as well as sneaking around playing with dead people. Jerome was pretty sure the kid probably had some legitimate problems, but then again, who around Jerome DIDN'T.

This thought couldn't help but rise a chuckle from the dark grunt, arms crossing over his chest. "S' Twitchy, yer parents know yer out here?"
He knew this was going to be a more touchy subject, but it was one that Jerome was currently curious about.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:25 pm
Twitchy?
"Twitchy?" Zacharie echoed his thoughts, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips before his face lit up in understanding. Nicknames were a common occurrence between people who were either interested in becoming friends or people in an established friendship. "Oh...yes. I deem that nickname acceptable." He murmured, a small, timid smile tilting the corners of his mouth. This man, Jerome, wasn't as scary as he appeared. Though he wasn't stupid enough to assume that the other male couldn't, or wouldn't, kick his a** if he so felt like it. Best to stay on good terms.

Friendships were difficult....

"My...parental units, most likely do not know I'm out." He said sharply, his once relaxed posture tightening up once again. "Nor would they particularly care." He tried to shrug it off...but it was obvious that it bothered him greatly. His parents had never been around while he grew up, leaving the job to a nanny that left soon after he turned eleven. He'd tried, in vain, to gain their attention through good behavior and outstanding grades but no matter how hard he'd tried....it'd never been good enough. So he simply gave up. He couldn't help but hope though...that the more trouble he caused, the more dangerous his experimentations became, the more he learned would finally draw their attention. It was a silly thought though.

They'd never cared, why would they start now?  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:15 pm
Yeeaah, a lot of people didn't exactly take to the nickname thing, and while Jerome couldn't see the boy's expression very well, he did note the slight frown as he seemed to regard the name that Jerome had picked for him.

It was that... or Jerome just not call him anything, and to be honest, Jerome never cared if people didn't take to the nickname thing,

Much to the gangster's surprise though, the boy seemed to actually take to it a little shyly, and... pretty pleased.
He let out a soft breath that resembled a light laugh, tensing his arms. "Ye' I ain't good w'th names n's**t, n'yer kinda jumpy so..."

his mouth closing a little tighter when the boy mentioned his parents, probably not even noticing he as gone, Jerome's eyes narrowed softly, observing the kid.
"Hn..." he shifted his stance, in what seemed like a rather awkward shift. "Yea' sorry t'hear bout that, N'know s**t like that is."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm
"I don't know why you're apologizing." Zacharie said slowly, shoulders relaxing as he regarded the other curiously. "It's not like you're the cause of my par-...their, neglect." Letting out a soft sigh, he turned his face up towards the sliver of night sky visible. "I'm used to it....and I've got Jabari..."

It sounded pathetic...even to himself.

"It's fine, I don't need....other people." He said straightening up and setting a firm scowl on his face. "...Unless for maybe test subjects." He added.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 pm
"Naw" Jerome cut in, shaking his head and frowning again "Naw s'all the reason t'be sorry. s**t like that hits a kid, an it hits em hard, s'don't ya go thinkin' that s'okay cause it ain't"
The gangster stepped forward again "N'don't go thinkin' ya don' need other people either, sm'times the only thing ya got is yer bro's s'the only family ya need too."

If anything Jerome was getting more and more agitated about this, feeling a bit pissed off himself hearing the things this kid was saying, about why he had to deal with it, and how he was just trying to cope. "S'bull s**t."
It made more sense to Jerome now why this kid was where he was, pulling all this illegal s**t, and experimentation.
Letting out a heavy breath and frowning. <******** yer parents kid. M'sorry."

It was probably a little too late for this boy now, all things considering.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:09 pm
Zacharie felt as if every muscle in his body had seized up. His lungs couldn't get enough oxygen, he felt light headed. ....Was he fainting? No, no, he was probably going into some sort of shock. Letting out a little wheeze, he frantically dug around in his bag until he retrieved a small sprig of herbs. Shakily he inhaled deeply before stuffing it back into its pocket. "I...um." That was horribly embarrassing. What did one say to such a statement? Nervously, he chewed on his bottom lip, wincing when he broke the skin and tasted the metallic tang of his blood. His books had never covered what to do in such an emotionally intense situation. He couldn't always rely on his books, he supposed, so he went with what felt like needed to be said. "...Thank you, Jerome." He said quietly, barely audible even to himself, as a genuine smile settled on his face. "Ah...no one has ever said anything like that to me before." He stuttered as an explanation for his earlier episode.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff