Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Kanto Competition Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:47 pm
Color guide for competitors

When you register you character will be given a colored band with a number on it, the color of the band will depend on what region your character is originally registered from.
Kanto -Red
Johto - Yellow
Hoenn - Blue
Sinnoh - Orange
Unova - White
Kodo - Green  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm
This has been planned for months, but unlike the others around the docks, this particular women had not been nearly as excited about it.
It fell into the category as an obligation, especially so that it was in Kanto..

Shoulder length dirty blond hair tasseled gently behind the women's head, held back in a tight high ponytail, effectively keeping the hair out of her light hazel eyes, watching the boats closely as one in particular pulled in and finished docking.

Gloved hands were folded patiently behind her back, her stance tall and refined as she seemed to be waiting among a gathering of other people for a particular person to step off the boats.

She wrote a long coat today, fitted and pressed along the shoulders and sleeves, a long sleeved turtle next under that, fitted more snugly that the loose legged pants and black boots underneath.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm
"Awesome! I bet you'll do really awesomely too! Kiss Kiss is a cute name, but she looks really strong!" Henrietta exclaimed, though stopped short of claiming that the Raichu would win- that was what Winglet and Gummy were going to do, of course, in her current mindset.
"It's nice to meet you both!" The purple-haired trainer thrust her hand out with enthusiasm to meet Rosie's.
"Johto! But I was in Kodo for my pokémon journey! Winglet's from Kodo! Are you?"

The Zubat chirp-squeaked an affirmation, and then, matching her shape-sight to mirror the Raichu, awkwardly lifted one wing to 'wave' back at Kiss Kiss.

Gummy's tail twitched, and his eyes slowly rolled to stare at Kiss Kiss' waving paw... and remained staring at the space it had been even after the wave.

Well, there was a familiar face; the other girl with a bird-name, she remembered.
"Hey! Dove! Are you battling too?!"  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 pm
Ohh Kiss liked this girl, she was very flattering, Kiss smiled even brighter, wiggling excitedly.
Rosie gigged. "She was my first very own Pokemon~ I think she's strong."
She reached her hand up to scratch Kiss' ear.

Dove had come over as people started filing off of the docked boat. Henrietta seemed to already know Dove.
Rosie watched them as the group started to make their way off the boat as well. Rosie spotting someone who she knew would be waiting and perking up.

By the time they made their way down off the boat Rosie mentioned to Dove and Henrietta where she was before she hurried over to the other blond.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:45 pm
Dove smiled brightly, fond of the young trainer's never dying enthusiasm. "No, I'm afraid I'm not this round," she explained, shifting her hold on her Eevee. "We're just here to watch, but we'll definitely be cheering you guys on!"she added, looking between both Henrietta and Rosie.

Though she had considered competing, there was really no need, and she wasn't one hundred percent sure how things--league competitions, no matter how small-- actually worked, even if she had read up on them before coming. She would likely learn a lot more just by watching.

When Rosie spoke up and told them she was headed off to meet with someone, the girl nodded and stayed with Henrietta, unsure of what to do. She had come with Rosie, after all, and had planned on following her lead, at least for a little while. Though she didn't want to get on the girl's nerves, she didn't really have a plan for the next few days, and she wasn't accustomed to this type of gathering.

Once the pink clad trainer had run off, she looked back to Henrietta. "I bet you guys are really raring to go, huh?" she commented, looking to Gummy. "I'm excited to see what Gummy can do!"  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:10 pm
"Awesome! Gummy's my first! Winglet's just as strong though! We're an awesome team!" Henrietta replied to Rosie, then looked a bit surprised, and slightly frowny, at Dove.
It wasn't an angry frown, or particularly negative, just a kind of 'disappointed kid' expression that was soon accompanied by a whine.
"Aaaaaw man, c'mon! You'd totally do well with Sparky or anyone!" She acknowledged Rosie going off to meet someone else- it seemed like something arranged, but still, Henrietta nearly just followed right after Rosie, except for the fact that Dove seemed to be staying where they'd disembarked.
The comment was pretty accurate.
"You bet we are! We're totally gonna win this! Winglet and Gummy are both gonna be awesome! And, yeah! Gummy's really excited so I know he'll want to battle as soon as he can! You really should enter! You have a cool team and everything!"

Winglet, on her place on Henrietta's shoulder looked kind of excited; as much as Zubats ever looked, anyway... Whereas Gummy seemed to have all the excitement of daydreaming rock, from the staring expression still on his face. His eyes seemed to have found a spot slightly to the left of Dove's head interesting for now.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:19 pm
It did not take Rosie long before she returned to the two, putting her hand on Dove's shoulder, slipping up next to the girl
"I agree with Henrietta, it isn't too late to join in the battles, It'll be fun~"
She grinned, looking over to Henrietta with arched eyebrows "Right?"

"Anyway! We were going to go get our registration confirmed, do you two want to come with us?" She asked.
"OH!" Rosie perked up suddenly "Oh oh oh, Dove, you should come meet my sister! She lives in Kanto she's here to compete with us!"  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:31 pm
Luke offered a slight, noncommittal shrug; he wasn't as much of a trainer as they seemed to think, he felt. The general idea of the competition was rather daunting.

Tymiko's approach was responded to with a quiet smile in greeting, though her question elicited a verbal reply, "Me and Sera." He lifted his hand slightly in indication of the green wristband that signified participation. "What about you?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 pm
Just as Tymiko reached for the ice cream, in similar fashion Yuri raised it out of her reach, also not moving his gaze from where he was supposedly staring vacantly.

You don't come between a man and his ice cream.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:49 pm
[Yuri, Luke, Sera, Tymiko]

Another one joined them, a younger one who seemed to be pretty intent on stealing some of Yuri's ice cream.
Ray did a double take. "... Where did you get that ice cream even?" She asked, glancing around.

She looked at Tymiko "And who is this!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:55 pm
[Rosie, Henrietta]

Dove blinked at the girl's frown, then looked away, her cheeks flushing a little. "Oh, I don't know... we've been training a lot, and Rosie's been a lot of help, but..." But she was still hesitant to step out on a limb and actually battle, especially in front of so many other trainers. She wasn't normally one to have stage fright, but here, she was almost entirely out of her comfort zone. Her cheeks turned an even deeper red as the young trainer continued to encourage her.

"And besides, didn't you just say you were going to win? ...You wouldn't want Sparky and me to get in the way of that, right?" she added with a wink, clearly teasing. With that, she stepped forward, only to be met again by the blonde she had come over with, her hand on her shoulder. With a nervous laugh, she looked to her friend. "I just don't know if we're ready for that...I mean--" she broke off, tucking her hair back, but nodded to the girl, agreeing to accompany her to the registration table, and blinking at Rosie's sudden outburst of excitement, her heart freezing. "Your sister? She's here?" The rocket? Well, it was somewhat clear now that Rosie still didn't know. Would it be safe? Surely here with so many trainers and members of the league...

The model nodded, shifting her hold on Lovey to make it more secure. "Oh, sure! I'd love to meet her," she replied with a smile, willing to at least give the woman a chance. She was Rosie's sister, after all... how bad could she really be?

And at least it switched the topic from her registration.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 pm
"Well then! What are you training for right?!" Henrietta seized on the information with a grin, eager to encourage Dove further.
Then, as Rosie returned, she nodded enthusiastically. "It's gonna be awesome fun! And yeah! We should register! You could register right now when we do!"
Henrietta's grin just turned cocky as Dove pointed out her claims about winning.
"So? I know I'm gonna win but you might win anyway! You've got a cool team and then we'd get to battle each other! That would be really cool!"

Henrietta, of course, accepted that it was Dove's own choice and such on some level but she seemed to want every trainer here to be someone she could potentially battle with and compete against. The more there were, the more fun it was!

She was eager to get signed up right away, but lingered as Rosie invited Dove to meet her sister, perhaps interjecting impolitely, or inappropriately, but eagerly and enthusiastically at least?
"Your sister's gonna compete too? Awesome! Is she strong too? Oh man, so many people to battle! We're so excited!" She looked like she was about to start bouncing up and down, Winglet still clinging to her shoulder.
Gummy remained being his passive self. If he was excited, as claimed, he hid it well.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm
Dove had always seemed very uncomfortable when it came to the idea of entering this. And she had to consider, to someone just starting out.
"It is a lot of new things all at once, if you really don't want to we;re not going to push you. I know you'll have just as much fun watching~"

Rosie smiled, glancing back around at a taller women who was making her way over to the smaller group.
Rosie held her hand out. "Faleen, this is my friend Dove, and this is Henrietta, we met on the boat~"

Faleen drew herself up next to Rosie, giving the two a quiet smile and a nod in greeting.
"Dove" the women spoke, remembering that name, then to the smaller girl "Henrietta, Its nice to meet you both."
It was easy to tell that the two were sisters, they look very similar, though Faleen was taller, older, her features a bit sharper and defined and her hair and eye color, even her style was more dulled and natural colors than her brightly colored younger sister. She had a fuller, stronger looking build, and stood with a refined, and controlled grace, clearly not as fun loving as her younger sister, outwardly it seemed anyway.

Hazel eyes shifted back toward Henrietta "I don't know about how strong I am, but yes. I will be competing."
She lifted a gloved hand, and made a gesture as if to walk, allowing Rosie to take the lead with a smile on her face as she followed the bright blond.
"Though I suppose we will have to collect our registration before we can consider strengths"  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:10 pm
She smiled a little at Henrietta as they followed Rosie. "Maybe next time...We can always catch a battle some other time, if you want, Henrietta," she offered. She was, however, very grateful when Rosie gently gave her room to step back from the idea of competing. Even if her team was ready, she certainly wasn't. She had too many things to conquer as it was, without adding battles of her own choosing. She nodded to the blonde, offering a smile of thanks.

When introduced to Faleen, the girl took a relaxed but refined pose, standing politely as Rosie gave their names-- Her upbringing had certainly had a hand in how she handled introductions, and with the threat of the woman's background already in her mind, she did her best to match it with silent grace, her gaze and smile kind and smooth. She nodded at the woman's greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," she said in return, discreetly looking the woman over, and noting the way she held herself. Obviously, this woman took things seriously, and the idea paired with the knowledge that she was a member of team rocket was frightening. However, the model showed no hesitancies as the conversation continued.

Again she nodded at Faleen's words, looking to Henrietta and Rosie as the latter started toward the tables. "How long have you been training, Faleen?" she asked, turning to the woman as she followed Rosie's lead. Already, she knew of Rosie's passion for the lifestyle, and Henrietta had mentioned before that she was just starting out.

Something told her, however, that Faleen definitely had more of a hand in things than she appeared to let on.

Lovey shifted in Dove's arms, turning to tuck her head against the girl's collarbone with a sigh, looking as though she really just wanted a nap.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 pm
"That would be awesome! I really think Gummy could take Sparky if he really tried! I bet it'd be close, but we could win!" Henrietta seemed to, by not mentioning it, at least, have accepted that Dove wasn't going to enter, but was still boiling with enthusiasm at the suggestion that they could battle some other time.
The approach, and introduction, of the taller trainer, along with Dove's polite and formal reply introduction left the contrast in Henrietta's greeting a little obvious.
"Yo!" She beamed, feeling very cool, as she used the short word. "It's nice to meet you too!" That last part, at least, was the same.
"You look like you're probably kinda strong!" Came the blunt reply to Faleen as she claimed not to know "We'll see if you can beat Gummy and Winglet though if we battle! It'll be amazing! I can't wait to see what pokémon you brought too!"
Henrietta seemed to have already decided she liked Faleen.
She needed no encouragement to start moving toward the registration, Gummy waddling at her heels and Winglet still clinging to her. She was quiet, only, when Dove asked her question... Likely because that was something she really wanted to know too.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff