Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:09 pm
"Been there?! I came from there!" Henrietta grinned, answering proudly, and standing a bit tall. "I grew up in Goldenrod! It got kinda boring though and I never got to go where they make the Apricorn balls but I got to see stuff like the Sprout tower... That was kinda stuffy though. That's an awesome idea though!" As long as they didn't spend very long in Goldenrod, she thought. "I really wanna see places like Blackthorn and Ecruteak!"

"I know Dith! He's /massive/ and awesome!" The purple-haired girl laughed, reminded of the giant man that she'd taken an instant liking to. "Ooh! Oh man, I could totally raise an egg!" The girl was a little forward, perhaps simply enthusiastic, but seeming to miss the mischievous tone of the topic completely. "I totally know I could if you wanted me to! That egg would be hatched so awesomely that I'd be invited to teach /breeders/!" Her usual over-enthusiastic, over-confident self seemed to be present in everything pokémon-related.
There was the battle to consider, though, and she remembered not to become to distracted from that.
Winglet's successful attack got the bat a "Yeah!" and a thumbs up, then Distance's failed charge got a little wince. "Oof, oh man, c'mon and try again!" She nodded, adding her own voice to Ty's encouragement, without forgetting to issue an attack for Winglet.
"Winglet! Try an Astonish now!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:32 pm
"You did?" she cried, surprised. "That's my favorite city! A friend of mine came from there. He didn't think it was boring, but I don't think he exactly enjoyed it, either." Ty laughed at Henrietta's remark that the Sprout tower was stuffy. "How come you came to Kodo before exploring all of your home region?

Tymiko nodded slowly. "That's him," she acknowledged. "Well if you know him, then all the better! I'm sure he'd be happy to have you raise the last egg. I know I would." The water trainer giggled at Hen's confident claims. "Sounds great. I'll give it to you after this battle, then."

Smiling at her opponent's cheering toward her own pokemon, the black-haired girl admired once more how kind Henrietta seemed to be as a person. She waited for Distance to get a grip after being Astonished, shaking off her confusion before attempting another Quick Attack.

"That's my girl," she told the Umbreon. "And great job, Winglet! You're really not letting up! Just as persevering as your trainer, aren't you?"

Tymiko

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:26 pm
"Really?! Wow! I just found it boring cuz I never got to do anything! My family lives there and I didn't even get to go on a pokémon journey until now! That's why I came out here," Henrietta stood proudly, grinning "I chose somewhere nice and far away so I could totally prove I could do it!" Of course, she hadn't /actually/ realised there weren't any gyms in Kodo yet when she'd first decided to come.
"Oh, awesome! Thank you so much! I can't wait to tell him if I get to see him again! Dith is totally awesome!" The purple-haired trainer enthused, before looking back to watch Distance re-attempt her Quick Attack, and to hear Tymiko return encouragement to Winglet. She beamed proudly at that.
"They're both totally awesome but there's no way me and Winglet are gonna get beaten!" Henrietta called out, enjoying herself, but, just perhaps, having a little bit of a wince as the Quick Attack made contact with the little bat.
"Nice!" She seemed to be talking to both of them, before issuing the Zubat with another attack order. "Okay, now again with Astonish!"
Surely, Winglet had other attacks beyond Supersonic and Astonish, but for some reason, Henrietta hadn't asked her to use them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:42 pm
"Oh, so that's what happened," Ty acknowledged with a smile. "Pretty smart."

Tilting her head out of curiosity, the water trainer redirected her attention from the limited use of techniques to Distance as she was hit by Astonish once more.

"If you say so," she told Henrietta with a laugh, pointing at the Zubat. "Okay, Distance, try Confuse Ray!"

"Umbreon! Breon!" cried the dark-type, darting at the bat.

Tymiko

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:22 pm
"Thanks!" She called, pleased with the compliment, and totally accepting that, yep, it had been 'pretty smart'.

"Oh man!" Henrietta widened her eyes as Confuse Ray did it's job, leaving her bat fluttering dazed and rather unfocused; she'd lost to trainers on the Kanto boat due to this attack. "C'mon Winglet! Work through it and try Astonish one more time!" Bite and Leech Life still remained untouched; as though Henrietta was reluctant, or perhaps had forgotten, that Winglet had them.

The Zubat pinged out with her echoes, but her confusion told her the target was too far to the left of where she'd been aiming; 'correcting' her course, the bat managed to plough herself into the ground, before getting up shakily.
"Good try but don't stay down there too long!" Hen' called, wincing at the crash, but pleased to see Winglet hadn't knocked herself out or injured herself badly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 am
Distance was ready for the attack this time. She managed to avoid flinching as it nicked her, but even young and inexperienced as she was, Astonish didn't seem to be a very effective move; at least not damage-wise. Tymiko tilted her head and raised a brow in confusion.

"What's the matter, Hen?" she called, smiling perplexedly. "As a future pokemon master, wouldn't you have taught Winglet more attacks by now? Or is this a special strategy?"

Turning to her pokemon, Ty said, "Hurry, Distance, before she gets up! Quick Attack!"

"Umbreeeon!" Distance responded, rushing to her target.

Tymiko

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am
Henrietta tensed as Tymiko called her out, and pulled a face.
For a moment she looked a little sheepishly worried, but then grinned.
"... I just dun wanna end the battle too soon!" She called, probably a little untruthfully, but true to her bragging style.

"Oh man!" Her eyes widened as the Umbreon's Quick Attack reached her confused little bat, sending her sprawling before she managed to flutter away.
Well, as it was getting to this point, and Tymiko had just called her out in such a way...
Henrietta bit her lip, then pointed forward determinedly; the little bat wouldn't take much more to be knocked out...
"Just quickly try and use a Leech Life!" The young trainer called, dropping the insistence for the bat to get off of the ground, though she perhaps somewhat thought it implied; Winglet was not a ground-loving pokémon.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff