Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:34 pm
"Sure, I don't mind. Besides... after what just happened, maybe its not a bad idea." As much as he was loathe to admit it.

He'd always gotten by with just his sword, but... this time he'd gotten caught with his pants down. Even if he'd had his sword, there was only so much he could do against an experienced marksman unless he was in close range. Which he hadn't been. Swords won close range, guns won long range.

In a land that used Pokemon, he also knew he needed to get serious about training his too. It was only practical.

As he thought this through, Yuri stared quietly at the ocean with Astal and Repede. The incident had left them all with things to think about.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:57 pm
His confirmation tucked away mentally for future reference if needed, the woman nodded, her serious gaze falling instead to her arm where it remained fixated while she spoke. "Yes... I figure if I expect my team to fight for us, I can't just be the one being protected." That and she was sick and tired of being unable to protect herself, her team, and those around her.

She remained quiet for a few minutes, respecting Yuri's silence as she thought. He was willing to teach her, which was a great start, but at what cost? He clearly didn't hate her, but she was sure he wasn't fond of her. How could he be, after everything that had happened between them?

Finally, she looked over to him again, deciding that it would just be best to ask instead of choosing a solution of her own with the off chance she might choose something that could insult him. "And in return? I'm a good student in most areas, but weaponry is a bit...exotic for me. If there's anything I can do in exchange for lessons...anything you need help with...." Right, because he'd need her help. As if.

There was, of course, reasoning that he would teach her out of the goodness of his own heart--she wouldn't put it past him-- but to not even offer would be insulting, and she couldn't just spend his time like that. There had to be something she could do in return, for him. She could pay him, of course, but that seemed too simple and off. Training wasn't exactly her strongest suit, but she wasn't completely useless when it came to down to it-- she and her team had a solid routine.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm
"Huh? ... I appreciate the offer and all but you don't have to do anything like that." Though really, it was nice of her to offer, but Yuri hadn't expected anything in return.

He was a pretty easygoing guy and just liked to help people, and teaching someone to use a gun wasn't a big deal. Plus he had already planned to each Luke, so what was one more?

Still though, he wasn't going to fight her over it if Dove decided to be insistent.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:22 pm
She offered a smile, though her expression for the most part remained serious. "Really, just let me know. I don't want to take up a lot of your time and give nothing in exchange for it, and besides, I'd just...like to."

It only seemed fair, in her mind. They could work out the details later, though, if he wanted to.

She glanced to Lovey, her brows furrowing. "Is it hard to learn?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm
"Okay," Yuri conceded, not really knowing if he'd ever want or need anything from her but he wasn't going to worry about it.

"Not really, but it takes skill and practice like anything else." If she sucked at hand-eye coordination then it probably would be a bit difficult for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm
She nodded, letting the topic go for now. He had given her enough with just one word.

Another nod, this one in response to his take on handling talent. She had little to no experience with guns, but surely it wouldn't be so hard, and if it was, she would do her best. She had always had fun playing games that required skills she might relate to gun handling, but the real deal was very obviously something different all together. The thought of harming another was bad enough, but with a metal weapon in hand...

At least it was better than watching someone get hurt again, or being hurt herself. She wouldn't be defenseless.

She stayed quiet a minute more, then sighed. "I think I'll go grab breakfast... Want to come?" she offered, looking to him again. It was becoming clear to her that her social stamina for the morning was wearing thin, quickly, though she certainly wouldn't mind the quiet company, if he would allow it.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 pm
"Sure," Yuri said at her offer. Breakfast didn't sound like a bad idea at all. But yeah, he didn't have much he wanted to talk about at this point, and stuffing your face was a good excuse not to.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff